Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 09-26-2021, 09:04 AM   #1
matt_t
Human being with feelings

Default ReaDelay pan envelope newly discovered bug(s) (v6.36)

The envelope value at the start is -0.750 as correctly shown in the tooltip. Then when I move the pointer to the start of the envelope it changes to 0.500 (which actually it is in the preset from which I started, which might not be a coincidence).

Then it's really hard to click & select the point at time zero. I think it's possible by zooming out further, but that shouldn't be necessary. In this LICEcap I used an action/toolbar button to select previous point.

Then the set point value dialog also has the wrong (-0.500) value. As a matter of fact I want to change it *to* -0.500 from -0.750 but I cant
matt_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 09:10 AM   #2
schwa
Administrator

Looks like there are two envelope points at the same time, -0.50 followed by -0.75. Probably the easiest thing to do is marquee-select them both to delete them. Or if you make the lane taller maybe you can delete the one you want to. I don't think this is a bug though.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 10:16 AM   #3
matt_t

At first I was unconvinced because the other envelope does it too:

but on closer examination and a bit of testing it seems you may be right. Selecting and deleting the only point I can see does the trick.

However, I would suggest that Reaper's behaviour is not ideal since neither making the lane as tall as possible, nor zooming out horizontally to the sample level reveals the existence of a second point, which leaves the user none the wiser. Nor I think should it be possible to create them on top of each other without giving some kind of alert.

In any case I'm certain that I did not create new points there (for which I only ever use shift+click) since I never create a point at time zero because there is always one there by default already. I always just right click -> Set point value for these. So how did the second points get there? To unknowingly create one point without knowing it can be regarded as a misfortune. To do it twice looks like a bug ... IMHO of course!
Old 09-26-2021, 11:05 AM   #4
matt_t

Also have a mystery -3.04dB point in the volume envelope:

I'm not such a slapdash user that I can create all these by mistake. Quite the opposite actually, I'm very careful and methodical.