Old 11-19-2006, 12:36 PM   #1
Bubbagump
Human being with feelings

Default VSTi routing?

Last question for today. I am trying to get a VSTi working... specifically SampleTank. I have MIDI track loaded. I have a new track with SampleTank loaded in the FX section. In the MIDI track in the I/O section, I have it set to send to the SampleTank track..... however Sampletank does not appear to be recieving any MIDI info. In the SampleTank FX window it shows 0 ins and 8 outs. So this tells me sample Tank doesn't have any MIDI inputs defined. When I click on the Ins button it shows VSTi Input Routing grayed out. Soooo, how do I get this thing to work?

And maybe someone can tell me an easy way to do this... I have a MIDI file with 6 or 8 tracks each on their own channel. Is there a way to import this MIDI file to REAPER so each track is on its own track in a folder track? I want individual channel volume control for each track and then send these channels/tracks to a single instance of SampleTank. I am obviously getting lost in the tracks and routing of REAPER here.

EDIT: Ignore the first paragraph. Apparantly I am half illiterate and had VSTi track sending to the MIDI track. Send MIDI to Synth instead and it worked a hell of a lot better. Sheesh. Now I just need to figure out how to separate things with in the MIDI object into their own tracks. SO far the only solution I have found is to copy the MIDI object 6 times and manually set each to only play and only send channel X.

Last edited by Bubbagump; 11-19-2006 at 12:47 PM.
Bubbagump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 01:00 PM   #2
LOSER

REAPER can't (yet ) import MIDI files to multiple channels, but maybe this helps: http://www.cockos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1812
LOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 01:57 PM   #3
scypior

Alright, Reaper can't import MIDI files to separate channels, but what with few tracks sending their outs to ONE instance of the VSTi?
scypior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 02:05 PM   #4
Jae.Thomas

this might help. on the tracks with the other midi tracks, just right click on the routing button and send the track to the track with the vsti on it

Jae.Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 02:08 PM   #5
scypior

Yeah! Forgot that in Reaper one track can send to other track
Old 11-23-2006, 11:59 AM   #6
scypior

But!

Don't know how to change the volume of this send. Seems that faders (those on 'Sends' page on sending track, and on receiving track) do nothing to affect the volume of that track... Am I doing something stupid?