Old 08-08-2019, 05:17 AM   #1
ChrisBlue
Human being with feelings

Default Waves uninstall

Hi has anyone carried out a Waves uninstall process, i.e. uninstall ALL their plugins and then reinstall them. It has been recommended by them but I feel reluctant to do this as things never seem to be simple with computers. Is this a safe and easy process and how long is it likely to take please (I have lots of their plugins)? Thanks
ChrisBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 09:53 AM   #2
toleolu

Uninstalling and then reinstalling programs has been a common practice when things with a program start getting wonky. Thing is though, uninstalling a program doesn't always remove all traces of that program, especially when it comes to hidden files and registry entries.

What kind of issues are you having that makes you think you need to uninstall things?
toleolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 10:04 AM   #3
ChrisBlue

I bought Bass Fingers from Waves and the VSTi can't seem to load the samples. Waves have suggested the complete uninstall and reinstall. Don't know whether it's necessary or just easier for them (?)
Old 08-08-2019, 10:33 AM   #4
nait

That has a standalone version too, right? Is that installed and does that have the same issue? Either way, sounds like you're just looking at having to uninstall/reinstall one plugin which shouldn't be too bad, but as toleolu said, you might have some program data left behind for it you might have to go hunt out and remove, unless the uninstaller says it will do it for you. I believe you uninstall/install using that Waves Central app.
nait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 10:37 AM   #5
toleolu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlue View Post
I bought Bass Fingers from Waves and the VSTi can't seem to load the samples. Waves have suggested the complete uninstall and reinstall. Don't know whether it's necessary or just easier for them (?)
Does it throw any kind of error when you try to load the samples?
toleolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 03:17 PM   #6
ivansc

I have been preaching the total uninstall/reinstall as a solution to waves errors for at least a couple of years.

Prior to Waves Central, their software was really sloppy about uninstalling ALL the old stuff when it updated. As a result, there were often orphaned shell folders left strewn about all over the place.

Your safest bet is to run their uninstaller and THEN go back and search all - and I do mean all - the directories on your C: drive for any remaining Waves stuff.
These can be in some odd places, like hidden away in program data folders, so keep your eye out for little rectangular blue boxes with Waves written in the middle.

Once you have all of this stuff removed, download the latest version of Waves Central, install it, then run it and let it do its thing.

Once you have done that, just to be certain it is all good, do a full clear/re-scan in Reaper`s plugin finder window and you should be good to go.
Since I did this I have never had a problem with my Waves stuff.

Good luck!
Old 08-11-2019, 11:14 AM   #7
ChrisBlue

OK thanks for that
Old 08-12-2019, 10:39 AM   #8
ivansc

I know it seems like a lot of faffing around, but once you get it done properly, you will be glad you did.