Old 12-13-2019, 08:29 AM   #1
FretBuzz
Human being with feelings

Default ASIO problem

I have been using IKMultimedia's Stealth Pedal for a long time now with no problems. I use it as it gives an ASIO input plus allows me to control pedals in Amplitube. So this morning my guitar lead broke so I grabbed a new one plugged it in but no sound. Checked the lead by playing into a practice amp and it was fine. Tried Ableton, same problem, tried standalone version of Amplitube, same problem. When I opened the Stealth pedal setup panel using the ASIO configuration button I noticed the 'Open' and 'Streaming' check boxes were no longer checked but they were when I checked from Ableton and standalone Amplitube but these had no sounds either. So rebooted PC, same problem, reinstalled driver for Stealth Pedal and I now have it working in Ableton and Amplitube but when I try with Reaper I have a small box in top right-hand corner that says 'audio device closed' which if I click on it it opens the audio device setup which shows that ASIO/Stealth Pedal is being used but again when I open the Stealth pedal setup panel neither the 'Open' or 'Streaming' check boxes are checked and you cannot manually check them as nothing happens. So after that rambling explanation anyone have any ideas how to get the Stealth Pedal to open in Reaper? For reference I am using Reaper 5.983 x64 and Windows 7.
FretBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 03:28 PM   #2
oneammonday

I got that same "audio device closed" message with my Presonus Audiobox USB in Reaper. It turned out it was because I had changed it to a different USB port on my computer than it had been installed on. Different devices and companies, I know, but I felt dumb for about a week with that one. Good luck.
oneammonday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 06:12 AM   #3
FretBuzz

Thanks for that. I hadnt actually unplugged the USB so I just reinstalled Reaper and everything now works. All because my guitar lead broke, crazy,
FretBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 03:30 PM   #4
oneammonday

I'm starting to think computers are alive and they're just messin' with us.
oneammonday is offline   Reply With Quote