Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 09-27-2021, 08:54 PM   #401
brummbear
Human being with feelings

Default Release v1.01

New release available: ReaKontrol v1.01
https://github.com/brummbrum/reaKont...ases/tag/v1.01

Changes from previous release:
+ Improved device detection for A and M series keyboards (Note: only S series is "fully" supported)
+ Updated the manual

Known Limitations:
+ Reaper may crash on startup if another program has already claimed the keyboard MIDI device before Reaper starts. To avoid this, start Reaper before e.g. running stand-alone Komplete Kontrol or stand alone Maschine Software in parallel with Reaper. Once Reaper is running any number of programs using the keyboard MIDI device can run simultaneously.

Release via ReaPack to follow shortly only with next release (don't know when)...

Last edited by brummbear; 03-28-2022 at 02:34 PM. Reason: no release via ReaPack for 1.01
brummbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 09:17 PM   #402
brummbear

Default life is a long quiet river

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminar View Post
@brummbear can you take a look at https://github.com/brummbrum/reaKontrol/pull/53 because it's a fix for two problems on MacOS?
Hi terminar,
well... this took a while. Tested ok on Windows. It's merged and released now, see post above.

I assume your Mac binaries on stash use the sources from PR#53 as they also date from July?

Will point Reapack to use these binaries for Mac deployment v1.01, ok?
Windows binaries will come directly from my github repo.
Old 10-24-2021, 12:05 AM   #403
chojiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chojiro View Post
I'm unfortunately not having any luck with this still.
Long time since I wrote about this.

Just putting my particular issue to bed with the M32 not working with reaKontrol. At least nothing is wrong with the M32 implementation. This does work now. My computer decided dying was the better option before I figured out what the issue was, and now it seems to work smoothly like it used to on the new one.

I guess sometimes things need to die to make room for new growth. 🌼
chojiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 03:41 PM   #404
brummbear

Glad it works for you now, thanks for the update.
Old 10-28-2021, 11:40 PM   #405
Stirner

I use this script with a M32 controller.
The installation was super easy and everything worked immediately without any problems. Great work!

Is it a possible to think about a very little customization feature?

The "IDEAS" button is completely unused, if you don't use Machine. It would be great if this button could be used for something - maybe a Custom Action (I would use it for load Komplete Kontrol VST). I think it would still be compatible with original NI design.

What would not be compatible with NI's design, but would be very useful for me and maybe other users is customization of "TEMPO" and "QUANTIZE" buttons. How often do you need to change the tempo of your track? How often the quantization is changed? In my case this buttons stay unused all the time. I understand if you say that goes against the NI's design and it's against the whole concept of ReaKontrol. But at least the IDEAS button should be customizable.
Stirner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 03:41 AM   #406
Ctoph87

Hi there! I have been using ReaKontrol and absolutely love it! Finally I get full integration with my KK keyboard within a DAW, btw, it was one of the main reasons why I made the switch to Reaper from Reason.

However, I have run into a new problem that only popped up recently. I am not sure if it has to do with a KK update but for some reason, my automation does not work correctly anymore.

Whenever I used to record a track while the "AUTO" Button is active and I turned Pitchbend or similiar, a new lane would automatically pop up underneath automatically creating the graph for the corresponding automation.

However now, for some strange reason, it doesnt do that anymore, whenever I record with automation, it seems to save the automation but I dont see it anywhere below the recorded track, it just creates an odd blank block over the existing midi track. however when playing back, I can hear the pitch bend as if an automation has taken place.

Any ideas? Did I by accident enable a setting I was not meant to enable? Thank you very much!
Ctoph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 12:43 AM   #407
brummbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctoph87 View Post
Any ideas? Did I by accident enable a setting I was not meant to enable? Thank you very much!
This is independent of ReaKontrol, rather double check your Reaper settings. Maybe the corresponding box in your preferences got unchecked? From the ReaKontrol manual:

"For extra convenience you can allow Reaper to automatically add envelopes when tweaking parameters in automation write modes (this is under
Options>Preferences>EditingBehaviour>Automation): Whenever you switch on automation via the keyboards AUTO button, everything that you
tweak (both KK internal parameters like macros etc) as well as other parameters like volume, pan etc will be added automatically to the automation
envelope lanes. This applies to external effects outside of KK VSTi too. Note that KK VSTi currently does not support automation of effects inside of
the plugin."

However, MIDI CC events like pitch bend or mod wheel are something different. They are recorded with MIDI just like notes. You can find them in the MIDI item. In the MIDI editor you can show as many cc lanes as you want and edit the envelopes in a similar fashion as with parameters. If you absolutely want cc events to appear on separate track lanes like parameters you can do some tricks with automating a plugin like ReaControlMIDI - there are threads in the forum about this.
Old 11-27-2021, 07:47 PM   #408
Kyleman

It would be relay nice if Nrekontrol when navigating between tracks would respect the statuses of folders like OSARA does. E.G. if a folder is closed reakontrol should only navigate to the parent folder and skip over all the subtracks. Its annoying to have to move past all the subtracts when I'm using my KK keyboard.
Kyleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 10:23 AM   #409
bcab17

I've been using Reaper for over a year, but only with audio (no MIDI yet). I have been using an X-Touch control surface (with the Klinke extension), and I want to start using virtual instruments and I'm ready to purchase the Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S49 MK2. My only hesitancy (other than the price) is that it does not seem to have any integration with Reaper...and then I found this ReaKontrol thread.

The way my desk is setup, when the keyboard would be fully pulled-out/extended from the desk, it would be a long reach to both the computer keyboard/mouse and the X-Touch controller, so having some control of Reaper from the S49 MK2 would be awesome.

I guess my first question is, in Reaper preferences, with Klinke and MIDI Devices having "X-Touch" enabled for MIDI in and out, will there be compatibility issues when adding ReaKontrol and enabling the S49 MK2 in MIDI devices?
bcab17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 02:35 PM   #410
briandress

using the M32 and have gotten much deeper into the options.

One thing I did notice is that in the mixer mode the banks of knobs dont move. i-e- Master through track 7 in one bank and then when i move track selecter to track 8 it does not drop off Master and then go track 1-8. It makes a new bank like track 8-15 right?

can i move this bank without needing to use the jog wheel to cycle down focus to the track inside that bank?

also i really do like the time selection adjustment in the advanced editor controls. Im always punching in takes so its nice to fine tune that. Only thing is that it can increase in legnth forward but cannot seem to extend backwards. Is there a way to "create new time selection" in advanced edit? or extend loop range to marker position?
briandress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 12:13 PM   #411
brummbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by briandress View Post
using the M32 and have gotten much deeper into the options.

One thing I did notice is that in the mixer mode the banks of knobs dont move. i-e- Master through track 7 in one bank and then when i move track selecter to track 8 it does not drop off Master and then go track 1-8. It makes a new bank like track 8-15 right?

can i move this bank without needing to use the jog wheel to cycle down focus to the track inside that bank?

also i really do like the time selection adjustment in the advanced editor controls. Im always punching in takes so its nice to fine tune that. Only thing is that it can increase in legnth forward but cannot seem to extend backwards. Is there a way to "create new time selection" in advanced edit? or extend loop range to marker position?
Yes, it moves from tracks 0-7 (0 is master) to 8-15.

Unfortunately, however, the M32 comes only with a very limited "MIXER" mode in comparison with the S-series. ReaKontrol's features in MIXER Mode (which includes bank select etc) are really only tailored for the S-series where all the tracks, names, focus, volume etc are shown on the displays. Everything becomes more or less self explanatory then. The buttons on the M32 have some different behavior compared with the S-series, e.g. you cannot change banks of 8 tracks on the M32 like you would on the S-series.

In short: The MIXER mode as implemented in ReaKontrol does not really make much sense on the M32 or even A-series. I never intended to make it work, the fact that there is "some functionality" is just a side effect. For only 8 tracks (master + 7 tracks) it sort of works on the M32 to adjust the volumes or pan a little bit, but then - as you already found - it just gets confusing due to the lack of displays and lack of buttons to control track navigation. If anybody feels inclined, maybe someone can make a fork for just the M32 to squeeze out an acceptable work flow with its limited HW (there have been other specific M32 requests in this thread). If you ask me: The M32 is a great little keyboard for mobile use, traveling and sketching out loops and tweaking sounds. But is not suitable for mixing, composing or anything like that. For the latter you need the S-series, a dedicated mixer or just make use of mouse and keyboard. Hope this does not come across as arrogant, but mixing with the M32 just overloads its capabilities in my opinion.
Old 12-18-2021, 04:48 PM   #412
dbrozz

Hey there,

Chiming back in much later to revisit a previous issue.
Still unresolved - does anyone know why my A61 will not connect without always first restarting the NIHostIntegrationAgent?

It works after I restart, but ONLY after I restart each time.
It will never recognize it upon startup. I'm on Windows, manually installed because the 1.01 wasn't available in ReaPack yet.

Would be great to get this working as intended!

Cheers
dbrozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 12:18 PM   #413
var

Absolutely loving finding this addon, and the integration to ReaPack just made it all the better. Excellent job!

Before I installed it, my S88 Mk2 just didn't seem to quite integrate with Reaper. A day post-install, and I don't even consider if things will work or need tinkering about with.
Old 01-19-2022, 01:18 PM   #414
Jean-Pierre

Default Mode Plug-in midi

Hello, I have an A49 keyboard and I have 2 questions.

In the manual it is specified this: Upon navigating to a track containing a third party plugin the keyboard automatically switches into MIDI mode.
At home the keyboard remains on Track instance and does not switch to midi plug-in, I have to do shift+ Plug-in to switch and the key does not remain lit?

Is it possible in the midi plug-in world that the rotary knob can review the plug-in presets, currently it remains on the Track instance function?
Sorry for the bad English... I have to go through Google translate.
Thanks in advance for the information.

Reakontrol seems to work fine for Komplete instances.
Jean-Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 09:51 PM   #415
brummbear

Hello Jean-Pierre,

The keyboard should indeed switch to MIDI mode when navigating to a track without any Komplete Kontrol VSTi (if you have multiple Fx on a track and at least one of those Fx is a KK VSTi then the keyboard will of course switch to KK Instance focus).

When the keyboard is in MIDI mode the knobs are just standard MIDI CC which can be used for whatever you want incl. learning them to third party plugin functions.

This behavior is how it works on the S series keyboards and I would assume it does the exact same thing on A series (but I do not own an A series keyboard and hence cannot test that). Maybe another A series user is able to confirm.
Old 03-24-2022, 09:38 PM   #416
Ruxton

can you publish the latest release to ReaTeam/Extensions? currently it's still only 1.0 there.
Old 03-28-2022, 02:32 PM   #417
brummbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruxton View Post
can you publish the latest release to ReaTeam/Extensions? currently it's still only 1.0 there.
1.01 is only available via Github (and stash). Whenever I make a bigger change it will again be available via Reapack(ReaTeam). The reason is that I will have to modify the code which handles the config file in ReaKontrolConfig. Without modifications this would get overwritten by ReaPack with the default template and that would be annoying for users who placed custom actions in there. Right now I do not have time to make those changes, hence please use Github until the next release.
Old 03-30-2022, 12:53 AM   #418
Ruxton

Quote:
Originally Posted by brummbear View Post
The reason is that I will have to modify the code which handles the config file in ReaKontrolConfig
There's a straight forward solution to that for the future and I understand we're all busy at times and you may not have the time to code it, so I'll happily send you a PR for the code change if you're into it.

Firstly, distribute the ini through reapack as ReaKontrolConfig/reakontrol-sample.ini

Then change the else block in the config load to copy the sample file over if it exists and rerun the load, if it doesn't exist, error out as it does now. This way you never replace the users config directly and you can still make a choice to at later date if if you need to (configs broken? confirm to copy the new sample in)

Quote:
hence please use Github until the next release.
It just defeats the whole purpose of reapack. I don't want to go hunting down script/extension updates all the time.
Old 04-09-2022, 01:50 AM   #419
alexgameaudio

Hey hey!

I've got a question regarding nks and midi learn, and I'm hoping people following this thread can help.

TLDR, can I find the macro knobs in the parameter list?

I've actually got a non-ni keyboard, an Akai with endless encoders. I use ReaLearn to manage my presets, so that whatever is in focus automatically calls up a mapping for my keyboard.

This is mostly awesome, but I'm having trouble getting it connected to the macro knobs in Complete Control! ReaLearn expects me to identify a target parameter (by clicking on it or selecting the param # from a list)... But Complete Control expects me to twist a knob so IT can learn what to connect to.

So I'm stuck. I can't send the message from ReaLearn to satisfy Complete Kontrol, and I can't find the macro knobs in the parameter list to satisfy ReaLearn. This is frustrating because I had an m32 in the past and the Komplete Kontrol mappings we're the function that worked without any hassle, so I got used to having it :-/

Not sure if there's a solution here, but if there is I would love to hear it.

Alternatively, I could just bypass ReaLearn for this, but Komplete Kontrol seems to expect absolute encoders... So maybe there's a solution for that.

Anyway, I apologize for bringing some slightly off-topic questions in here, but I figure this may be the best place to ask.
Old 04-09-2022, 05:47 AM   #420
Puck

I’d like an answer here too, I hope there is a way but I travelled down this road a while back to no avail.

Even your bypassing Realearn solution didn’t really work for me. Those macro knobs aren’t passed to the daw in any way. There is a midi learn within the plug-in itself but it’s something you’d have to set up every time you want to use it. Or something to that effect.

I have an A49 now, and not being able to figure this out was the sole reason why lol

There are some really knowledgeable people watching this thread though so maybe we end up finding a way.
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 09:42 AM   #421
helgoboss

@alexgameaudio Ah, back in the ReaLearn thread I thought you have a NI Komplete Kontrol keyboard, that's why I suggested to ask here. Now I get it, it's about the plug-in with the same name.

Just tried it and it indeed doesn't work if I use the AUi version of that plug-in. Not even recording REAPER automation works with it (which explains why ReaLearn can't pick it up because what ReaLearn does is listening to automatable FX parameters).

However, with the VSTi version, learn works!

Which one do you use?

UPDATE: Maybe we should continue this conversation in the ReaLearn thread then? Or maybe someone here has info about why the AUi version of the plug-in has such limitations. That would be great.

Last edited by helgoboss; 04-09-2022 at 09:51 AM.
helgoboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 01:39 PM   #422
brummbear

Regarding the ReaLearn question as a workaround : have you tried to learn the KK.VSTi once, store it as an Fx chain (just the plug-in) and use that in the future? As far as I remember this should keep the mapping of you macro buttons and you get the behavior you are looking for with ReaLearn (i.e. like the Instance focus with NI keyboards). I’m not at my DAW hence cannot try it out but believe I succeeded in the past in a similar situation with TouchOSC and KK mapping the macro controlers
Old 04-09-2022, 01:55 PM   #423
alexgameaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by helgoboss View Post
@alexgameaudio Ah, back in the ReaLearn thread I thought you have a NI Komplete Kontrol keyboard, that's why I suggested to ask here. Now I get it, it's about the plug-in with the same name.

Just tried it and it indeed doesn't work if I use the AUi version of that plug-in. Not even recording REAPER automation works with it (which explains why ReaLearn can't pick it up because what ReaLearn does is listening to automatable FX parameters).

However, with the VSTi version, learn works!

Which one do you use?

UPDATE: Maybe we should continue this conversation in the ReaLearn thread then? Or maybe someone here has info about why the AUi version of the plug-in has such limitations. That would be great.
Sure! Maybe going back to the ReaLearn thread is best.
The mistake is not yours - it's kind of confusing that they've named the hardware and the software "Komplete Kontrol"

To answer the question though, I am using the VSTi version, I'm on windows!
Old 04-09-2022, 02:02 PM   #424
alexgameaudio

Quote:
Regarding the ReaLearn question as a workaround : have you tried to learn the KK.VSTi once, store it as an Fx chain (just the plug-in) and use that in the future? As far as I remember this should keep the mapping of you macro buttons and you get the behavior you are looking for with ReaLearn (i.e. like the Instance focus with NI keyboards). I’m not at my DAW hence cannot try it out but believe I succeeded in the past in a similar situation with TouchOSC and KK mapping the macro controlers
I am able to map directly without using ReaLearn, but the problem is my endless encoders... it seems like the Komplete Kontrol VSTi expects absolute encoders if you aren't using NKS hardware. So I can map the controls, but turning any dial will just flip from 0 to 100. ReaLearn has features that might address address this, however. At least.
Old 04-10-2022, 02:59 AM   #425
helgoboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgameaudio View Post
I am able to map directly without using ReaLearn, but the problem is my endless encoders... it seems like the Komplete Kontrol VSTi expects absolute encoders if you aren't using NKS hardware. So I can map the controls, but turning any dial will just flip from 0 to 100. ReaLearn has features that might address address this, however. At least.
FYI, I replied here back in the ReaLearn thread (with a proper Komplete Kontrol rant).
helgoboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 07:30 AM   #426
Overlord25

Default Komplete Kontrol 2.70 Vst3 update breaks ReaKontrol driver

HI,

The new KK 2.70 update appears to have broken the ReaKontrol driver, as it calls for Vst2 only versions.

I tested by reverting to the vst2 version of KK and all is still fine, would this be something that could be updated please, I am on Windows but have also had confirmation from a MAC user.

Would really appreciate this as it's a huge workflow improvement, particularly for blind KK users like myself.
Overlord25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 12:01 PM   #427
Foldyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlord25 View Post
HI,

The new KK 2.70 update appears to have broken the ReaKontrol driver, as it calls for Vst2 only versions.

I tested by reverting to the vst2 version of KK and all is still fine, would this be something that could be updated please, I am on Windows but have also had confirmation from a MAC user.

Would really appreciate this as it's a huge workflow improvement, particularly for blind KK users like myself.
Same here, love ReaKontrol and will be sticking with the KK VST2 for now on account of it, but would be great to see support for the new VST3i. Hopefully it's not a huge thing to do.
Foldyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 10:24 PM   #428
dbrozz

Hoping for an update soon!

Still can't believe how shit NI has been with support. When I bought the A61 in 2018, the product page said Reaper integration was coming soon.. they haven't done jack shit.
In fact, that was long since removed from the page.

But unfortunately, when I manage to get ReaKontrol working properly, it hijacks all NKS functionality.
And when I open Reaper, the default NKS functionality works, but ReaKontrol isn't working, I need to go and reset the NIHostIntegrationAgent to get it to take over,
and then I no longer can use NKS functionality. Rinse, repeat.

Sad times, man.
dbrozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 10:56 PM   #429
brummbear

Adding VST3 support should be easy, will test and publish on Github (binaries only for Windows) in the next few days. Will not publish via ReaPack yet as I would have to change a few more things before that.

Just out of curiosity: Does the VST3 version of KK offer any advantages over VST2? I routinely do not install the VST3 as I have never seen any benefit in the past.

Edit: I have it working with both VST2 and VST3 now. However, mixing VST2 and VST3 versions of KK in a single project messes up the instance focus. I assume no one has any need for a mixed use? To be clear: you can still use either plugin version, just not in the same project. Will release after a bit more testing.

Last edited by brummbear; 04-29-2022 at 12:11 AM.
Old 04-29-2022, 12:33 AM   #430
Overlord25

Default Reaper Kontrol VST3 Update

Hi brummbear ,

I believe Jamie Tei was/is also posting something on your github repository as he has also updated the driver, I agree my findings were that the two do not mix, so one needs to use one or the other, vst3 going forward.

As I understand things the reason for Native Instruments using vst3 is one of onward compatability, as Steinberg no longer license new commercial vst2 products and are dropping support entirely in a certain timeframe, also certain new MAC models are/will not be supported at all.

I appreciate your work, thank you so much.
Overlord25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 11:43 AM   #431
sebsteeno

Brummbear, I just got my KKs49 yesterday. I was already enthusiastic for the integration (browsing, sound preview etc) with the KK software. Your script just makes it even more useful. The integration is even better than the officially supported DAWs as far is I can tell from YT videos.

Some questions though:

1. The mixer view shows the custom actions names on top. Is it possible to have the track names on top when not in extended edit mode? -> fixed after reboot

2. Changing the tempo goes from +1 bpm to +0.999 - 0.998 etc bpm randomly

3. Pressing Play places the edit cursor at the beginning of the project. It seems more natural to have the Play button triggering the Restart instead of shift+Play. Can I maybe change this in the script iself?

4. Where is the ReaKontrol checkout directory located?

Thanks!

Edit: Also, I seems an oversight by NI, but I can't seem to figure out how to exit Scale edit mode from the hardware? Shift and pressing Scale again should be the logical way (like with the MK1 keyboard).It seems that going back to the 'knob screen' is only possible with the plugin gui? Any work arounds?

Last edited by sebsteeno; 04-30-2022 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Additions
sebsteeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 12:00 PM   #432
brummbear

Default Release v1.10

New release available: ReaKontrol v1.10
https://github.com/brummbrum/reaKont...ases/tag/v1.10

Changes from previous release:
+ Support both VST2 and VST3
+ Configuration file reakontrol.ini is auto generated on first startup
+ Updated the manual

Release via ReaPack to follow shortly.

Note: ReaPack release will be Windows only until someone builds OSX binaries for Mac (-> @terminar?). The updated source code deliberately uses cross platform compatible Swell functions to write the configuration file, hence building OSX binaries should be straight forward.

EDIT: Now also available via ReaPack. Caution: If you have created a custom reakontrol.ini file please save a backup before upgrading via ReaPack. I just found that ReaPack actively deletes an existing reakontrol.ini file! From version v1.10 onward ReaKontrol ships without this file and only auto-creates a default reakontrol.ini file on first startup if there is no such file in the ReaControlConfig directory. This allows future updates without loosing any existing customization.

Last edited by brummbear; 05-02-2022 at 09:16 AM.
Old 05-02-2022, 10:38 AM   #433
sebsteeno

Thanks for keeping this alive and kicking.

As a Mac user I would love to know how to manually build the macOS compatible dylib file. Can you give some instructions please?

Thanks.
Old 05-03-2022, 09:49 AM   #434
brummbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebsteeno View Post
Thanks for keeping this alive and kicking.

As a Mac user I would love to know how to manually build the macOS compatible dylib file. Can you give some instructions please?

Thanks.
please see here (also answers your other questions): https://github.com/brummbrum/reaKontrol

Quote:
2. Changing the tempo goes from +1 bpm to +0.999 - 0.998 etc bpm randomly
Must be something in your Reaper/Project settings (or a Reaper bug). I suspect you have set the project tempo to something like e.g. 100.0001 BPM and see rounding effects maybe? ReaKontrol uses built in Reaper commands to change the tempo exactly +/- 1bpm. I have never seen anything you describe.
Old 05-04-2022, 07:04 AM   #435
sebsteeno

Thanks.
Old 05-09-2022, 12:22 PM   #436
sebsteeno

A week after migrating to a Mac Studio, ReaKontrol has stopped working completely. I didn't change anything (alias), it worked fine a few days ago. I tried reinstalling, but trying to install a previous version on Mac doesn't work (I get an unexpected character error). Can you please give me instructions on how to make the dlyb file myself. I've read your instructions, but it's still unclear...please I really love reaKontrol and can't imagine using the keyboard and Reaper without it.

Thanks.
Old 05-09-2022, 10:13 PM   #437
brummbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebsteeno View Post
A week after migrating to a Mac Studio, ReaKontrol has stopped working completely. I didn't change anything (alias), it worked fine a few days ago. I tried reinstalling, but trying to install a previous version on Mac doesn't work (I get an unexpected character error). Can you please give me instructions on how to make the dlyb file myself. I've read your instructions, but it's still unclear...please I really love reaKontrol and can't imagine using the keyboard and Reaper without it.

Thanks.
Are you trying to run this natively on the M1 ARM processor? ReaKontrol has so far only been compiled for x86 processors. Until someone ports this to ARM you will have to use this with Rosetta (x86 emulation). And Reaper itself too (or KK instance focus can fail as Reaper may launch every KK plugin in a separate process). Virtually none of the NI products are compatible with Apple M1 ARM natively at this time, they also require Rosetta. Regarding the build instructions: I do not know how to describe it in more detail. It may be a bit foreign if you are doing this for the first time (don't feel bad about it, probably 99.9% of computer users have never compiled a piece of software). Maybe another user is willing to build the latest version for Mac?
Old 05-10-2022, 12:08 AM   #438
sebsteeno

Thanks Brummbear.
You are correct, I'm indeed running Rosetta mode because of the NI plugins and some PA plugins.

I' m a professional IT guy, but compiling is indeed the first time. I checked the downloads for Cmake etc, but they are substantial programs and i don't want to clutter my fresh machine

Can someone knowlegeable compile the reaKontrol.dll to reaKontrol.dylib for the latest version please?

Eternal gratitude will be yours

Thanks.

Btw, is it much work to make a native ARM version? Because once NI goes fully native, it would suck to still need to run Reaper in Rosetta because of reaKontrol. I really hope the ARM update is in the pipeline. I can make a small donation if necessary.

Last edited by sebsteeno; 05-10-2022 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Additional info
Old 06-10-2022, 05:59 PM   #439
Newman Ray

Will ReaKontrol work if I already have the X Touch One setup as a control surface for Reaper? I'm not sure what I need to do to set it up, but I'm wondering if the X Touch One is interfering with the transport controls, etc. I can use my Komplete Kontrol s49 in Reaper with full functionality in the Komplete Kontrol software, but haven't figured out how to use it with the transport controls, etc. Thanks!
Newman Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 10:27 PM   #440
brummbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newman Ray View Post
Will ReaKontrol work if I already have the X Touch One setup as a control surface for Reaper? I'm not sure what I need to do to set it up, but I'm wondering if the X Touch One is interfering with the transport controls, etc. I can use my Komplete Kontrol s49 in Reaper with full functionality in the Komplete Kontrol software, but haven't figured out how to use it with the transport controls, etc. Thanks!
They should live happily together. For setting up ReaKontrol refer to the manual on Github. It will not interfere with other control surfaces or vice versa.