Old 12-02-2020, 05:27 AM   #1
fbeauvaisc
Human being with feelings

Default Softube Console 1 Automations issue

Hi,

I've having issues with writing automations with my Console 1. When in Write mode, it can trigger automations by moving volume and pan knobs because they're moving to Reaper's but fx parameters like drive, high pass or low pass does not trigger the automation lanes. Beside that, the Console 1 is working flawlessly. I'm using VST3.

Any ideas why?

Thanks,
fbeauvaisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 09:21 AM   #2
fbeauvaisc

I've found a lead to this issue.

When I open up the effect window, moving the knobs do trigger automations writeing but the fx plugin windows need to be up. If I close it again, it's not picking up knob movements. The plugin does respond, just not the automation.

Is that normal behavior in Reaper?
Old 12-09-2021, 03:26 AM   #3
Ramirez

I know this is an old thread, but I think this information needs sharing for any Console 1 users:

Softube state in their 'known issues' with Reaper that "The Console 1 plug-in user interface (not to be confused with the On-Screen Display) needs to be open for automation data to be written."
This is exactly as fbeauvaisc found out.

However, in the FX Browser, if we right click->Automation notifications and then enable "process all notifications", then it should work as we want (ie. automation can be written directly from the Console 1 without the plugin window having to be open.)

I've let Softube know about this almost two years ago but it doesn't seem they listened.
Ramirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 06:32 AM   #4
fbeauvaisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramirez View Post
I know this is an old thread, but I think this information needs sharing for any Console 1 users:

Softube state in their 'known issues' with Reaper that "The Console 1 plug-in user interface (not to be confused with the On-Screen Display) needs to be open for automation data to be written."

However, in the FX Browser, if we right click->Automation notifications and then enable "process all notifications", then it should work as we want (ie. automation can be written directly from the Console 1 without the plugin window having to be open.)

I've let Softube know about this almost two years ago but it doesn't seem they listened.
Wow thanks! I had a workaround that would float the UI away from the main monitor when I hit my write shortcut. I learned to live with it but thanks for solving this! It works perfectly indeed! They should definitely update their site with this info.
Old 01-09-2022, 08:12 AM   #5
fbeauvaisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramirez View Post

Ok so actually this fix is not working well since it now creates an undo state for each track when I add or delete a new track. Well need to dig deeper.
Old 01-26-2022, 01:10 PM   #6
Ramirez

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbeauvaisc View Post
Ok so actually this fix is not working well since it now creates an undo state for each track when I add or delete a new track. Well need to dig deeper.
Aah, so that’s what’s responsible for the pile of Console 1 undo actions that I sometimes get?!

Hmm…
Ramirez is offline   Reply With Quote