Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 05-25-2020, 11:50 AM   #9321
siniarch
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillippeo View Post
Hi All,

Just a quick update, I got an email back from iCon saying they have raised a ticket and are looking in to the firmware for the G2 as I think it is likely that it needs updating before it will get close to the Pro X in terms of integration with Reaper.

Whilst mine is going back, I'm also going to be heading down the hybrid route of DAW independent/ DAW control with a Behringer x-touch one for the DAW and the Softube Fader 1 to go with my Console 1. I'm hoping this will give a pretty trouble free solution so I can concentrate on the music again (much as I love a good tinker with coding)
Phillippeo,
I've been meaning to let you know. The reason why our G2 units did not work was because for some reason with all the changes, the iConProX.Zon (the Zone file that tells CSI what all the inputs do) file was missing under the CSI.Zip download.
Cragster provided me with his and I've been tweaking it. Just using his ProX file with the ProG2 unit made things work a lot better. But I'm re-writing it all so it works with the G2 specifically. I hate the ProG2 overlays they provide so I'm making it use the printed white labels on the surface and changing some things. I should have something ready soon. But if you wanted to try it as I have it so far before you return it, let me know.
siniarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 12:08 PM   #9322
Zajac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Had a quick look, didn't see anything obvious -- do all the other buttons/displays, etc., work ?

How hard is the resistance when you push the fader ?

Sometimes faders with feedback are a tiny bit "sticky", but it should be a very mild sensation.

if SysEx is needed I'll have to code something.
It's far from mild sensation. I will check midi settings of the mixer, maybe there is something I missed.
Zajac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 12:37 PM   #9323
Freex

Quote:
Man, great to see you here !!

I've been wondering how you were doing, and how your setup was working.
Yeah, things are running well, few glitches here and there but slowly being ironed out, was having episodes where i'd lose all controller function, but tracked that down to the usb power management in Windows.
It's got a fair bit of abuse and preformed well even in long sessions.

Then came Covid-19, after I what may or may not have had it (UK), I got a little part time job to see me thru the lockdown, and well it pretty much turned into a full time stupid hours, take all my time up for the last several months type affair. Couple of days off here now.
Freex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 12:42 PM   #9324
Freex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
I do indeed have a tablet thanks for the suggestion I just prefer real knobs and faders. I'd love a dedicated FX surface with displays and physical knobs. I've scoured the interwebs for any info on how the Novation Remote SL displays work because I have one of them and it would be killer to get those displays working with CSI. If there's ever anything I can do to help with that Geoff (like maybe sending sysex dumps) let me know!
Without doubt, my C4 became pretty much a paper weight for a number of years, now it's back doing what i'd only dreamt.

I find the EmuC4 handy for testing FXZones when I'm not in the studio.
For you it might be good for getting all your FX zones sorted, so that WHEN you do get a C4 you'll be up and running straight away.
Freex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 01:14 PM   #9325
MixMonkey

Nice to see back Freex! Hope you're well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freex View Post
Without doubt, my C4 became pretty much a paper weight for a number of years, now it's back doing what i'd only dreamt.
Definitely the primo FX controller for CSI Geoff has achieved what Mackie, Apple and Steinberg failed to do- provide software that allows (very) flexible plugin mapping on the C4
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 02:07 PM   #9326
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Definitely the primo FX controller for CSI Geoff has achieved what Mackie, Apple and Steinberg failed to do- provide software that allows (very) flexible plugin mapping on the C4
It still seems crazy to me there are no MIDI knob boxes with LED's for labels designed specifically for effects. The C4 looks great (though huge), Novation had the Remote Zero SL (which I have), and NI gets kind of close with NKS, but even then, there's no NKS knob box. I'd kill for something like a MIDI Fighter Twister with good OLED displays and an editor that let you create templates. Then Geoff could hack into the displays, and we'd be good to go!

For now, I'll hold out hope that once things settle down Geoff can figure out how to access the Novation Remote SL series displays.
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 02:55 PM   #9327
siniarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cragster View Post
@ siniarch
The action is 40293

So go like this

Code:
Send ToggleMapSelectedTrackSends
Send Reaper "40293"
This will activate the send controls and toggle the i/o window
Figured this out, thanks for the info. I am having an issue with this. Not sure if this is the way that it is supposed to work but it seems weird to me.

When I press the "SEND" button (at least what I mapped out to do this function)

1. The selected track gets all the SENDS mapped to the Controller Track lanes. The display top row display the tracks that the selected layer is being send to and the second row shows the panning information. The faders work as well as the encoder (for panning the sends) as do the mute button. (the select and solo buttons actually select and mute another track respectively. But not sure if that is not how it works.) So I'm thinking it is working properly.

2. If i press the SEND button again, all the faders go to infinity and the top row display doesn't show anything. The bottom row shows all tracks <C> centered panned. Moving the faders does nothing. If I hit SEND again, it goes back to what #1 says above. So, it is not toggling back to the state before I pressed send.

3. Cragster did have a HOME button that send the Zone to the Home Zone and this brings up the Track names on the top display and the pan info of those tracks on the second display. But unless I've pressed SEND the second time (where all the fades go down and the names go away.) Even going to the HOME Zone still remains under the SEND mode? Ideally I would just hit SEND once and go into that mode, then hit SEND again and go back to the HOME zone with everything working normal.

4. Am I doing something wrong? or is this just the way to do this. A)hit SEND to go into mode, B)hit SEND again to get out of send mode. C)hit HOME to go back to HOME Zone?

I'll post my code below:

This is the Widget on my MTS file
Code:
Widget Send // used to be SEND
	Press 90 29 7f
        // FB_TwoState 90 29 7f 90 29 00
WidgetEnd
I'm still unclear why sometimes the top row sometimes has "press 90 29 7f" and sometimes "press 90 29 7f 90 29 00". And I think when I had the "FB_TwoState" statement it didn't work, so I made it into a comment. But am I wrong there?

This is my HOME ZONE on my Zone file:
Code:
/ ==============================================================================================================
/ ZONE HOME - This defines the zones and also lets the controller know to send widgets based on selected track
/ ==============================================================================================================
 Zone Home
	OnTrackSelection MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets
	OnTrackSelection MapSelectedTrackFXToMenu

IncludedZones
		"Buttons|"
		"JogWheelHack|"
		"Channel|1-8"
		"MasterChannel|"
	IncludedZonesEnd

ZoneEnd

This is the HOME Zone Button on my Zone file:
Code:
nameValue GoZone Home	// presumable this brings you to the Home Zone if you are stuck in another zone
This is the SEND Button on my Zone file:
Code:
Send Reaper "40293"		// Track: View routing and I/O for current/last touched track
Send ToggleMapSelectedTrackSends // Selected Track Sends get mapped to faders and code below opens screen
And this is my ZONE SEND which I'm assuming is where the Zone file tells it to map the SENDS to the faders and such:
Code:
/ ===========================================================================================================
/ ZONE SEND|1-8
/ ===========================================================================================================
Zone "Send|1-8"
      SelectedTrackNavigator
      DisplayUpper| TrackSendNameDisplay
      TrackTouch+DisplayUpper| TrackSendVolumeDisplay
      Mute| TrackSendMute
      Fader| TrackSendVolume
      Rotary| TrackSendPan
      RotaryPush| NoAction
      TrackTouch+Fader| TrackSendVolume
      FaderTouch| TrackTouch
ZoneEnd
Let me know if I'm missing something.
Old 05-25-2020, 03:18 PM   #9328
verychrisb

Quote:
So the script is just a dummy action that will report the state to CSI? So it tells CSI "action is running" which basically equals "toggle on," then when it's not running it says "action is not running" which basically equals "toggle off" for CSI? That's pretty clever.
It's even simpler I'd say. Once a Reaper action (a simple stateless trigger, like e.g. adding a marker) is bound to a button, that button lights up. If you unbind that action in another zone using NoAction, the light turns off when that zone gets active.

The ReaScript is literally empty, it's just there to define an action without any actual effect inside the DAW (hence, a dummy). So, when I want the button to be lit up, I bind the dummy action to it. To turn the light back off when changing zones, I unbind the Reaper action using NoAction in the new zone. The GoZone action itself (luckily ) doesn't affect the illumination state of the button at all.

As it's only a matter of binding/unbinding actions, the same dummy action can be used multiple times in different or even the same zone.

You could also create a stateful/toggling ReaScript to freely control button illumination. I think this is what you were describing? Haven't thought about it that way.. opens up a whole new world of possibilities if you know how to properly use ReaScript (I don't ).
For indicating active zones however, just binding/unbinding is imho the better way as the light always reflects the zone directly and not the state of an action that might go out of sync.
verychrisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 04:17 PM   #9329
MixMonkey

Quote:
It still seems crazy to me there are no MIDI knob boxes with LED's for labels designed specifically for effects.
They don't exist because the return on their manufacture doesn't justify their development cost- principally their software development and it's integration into DAW hosts.

Luckily, we have Geoff, Reaper and ebay
Old 05-25-2020, 04:36 PM   #9330
siniarch

Quote:
Hey, if anyone sees a used, working Mackie C4 for a good price, let me know!
Did you see this one?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mackie-C4-P...4AAOSwhBFeQceo
Old 05-25-2020, 04:42 PM   #9331
tdc

Quote:
I'd kill for something like a MIDI Fighter Twister with good OLED displays and an editor that let you create templates. Then Geoff could hack into the displays, and we'd be good to go!
This is precisely what has had me away from Reaper these past few weeks FunkyBot...
tdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 04:46 PM   #9332
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by siniarch View Post
I did. Considering it. The dimensions and desk space are the biggest considerations.
Old 05-25-2020, 04:47 PM   #9333
siniarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
They don't exist because the return on their manufacture doesn't justify their development cost- principally their software development and it's integration into DAW hosts.

Luckily, we have Geoff, Reaper and ebay
If we can grab this, put it in a different box which would allow room for displays and have another processing unit controlling the displays. Then CSI could control both processing units as one.

http://www.faderfox.de/pc12.html

edit: it looks like they can make custom units. Wow. Wouldn't it be great to put in an order for these guys to make the perfect controller?

edit edit: This one already has a screen, but I think they should make it a better screen and perhaps below each controller. http://www.faderfox.de/ec4.html

edit edit edit: Also saw this. Didn't want to create a new post and take up more space so I just added it here. Crazy keyboard. https://www.lumatone.io/

Last edited by siniarch; 05-25-2020 at 05:13 PM.
Old 05-25-2020, 04:47 PM   #9334
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdc View Post
This is precisely what has had me away from Reaper these past few weeks FunkyBot...
Anything you can talk about in more detail?
Old 05-26-2020, 01:03 AM   #9335
kram0

Quote:
Had a quick look at the code, I THINK all 3 of those should be available in the same Zone -- try it
It seems to only fire for the first widget if the value isn't 3f or 41.
ie. If I twist the encoder fast it will give me a lower/higher value and that will fire the first widget. I can see that in the console it only logs the RotaryL/R unless I twist it quickly.
kram0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 02:59 AM   #9336
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by kram0 View Post
It seems to only fire for the first widget if the value isn't 3f or 41.
ie. If I twist the encoder fast it will give me a lower/higher value and that will fire the first widget. I can see that in the console it only logs the RotaryL/R unless I twist it quickly.
Ok, got it.

You can work around this somewhat by using the Page concept.

One Page would point to an .mst that contained the Rotary defintion, the other .mst used on the other Page would contain the switch type definitions.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 07:41 AM   #9337
Cragster

Quote:
Figured this out, thanks for the info. I am having an issue with this. Not sure if this is the way that it is supposed to work but it seems weird to me.

When I press the "SEND" button (at least what I mapped out to do this function)

1. The selected track gets all the SENDS mapped to the Controller Track lanes. The display top row display the tracks that the selected layer is being send to and the second row shows the panning information. The faders work as well as the encoder (for panning the sends) as do the mute button. (the select and solo buttons actually select and mute another track respectively. But not sure if that is not how it works.) So I'm thinking it is working properly.

2. If i press the SEND button again, all the faders go to infinity and the top row display doesn't show anything. The bottom row shows all tracks <C> centered panned. Moving the faders does nothing. If I hit SEND again, it goes back to what #1 says above. So, it is not toggling back to the state before I pressed send.

3. Cragster did have a HOME button that send the Zone to the Home Zone and this brings up the Track names on the top display and the pan info of those tracks on the second display. But unless I've pressed SEND the second time (where all the fades go down and the names go away.) Even going to the HOME Zone still remains under the SEND mode? Ideally I would just hit SEND once and go into that mode, then hit SEND again and go back to the HOME zone with everything working normal.

4. Am I doing something wrong? or is this just the way to do this. A)hit SEND to go into mode, B)hit SEND again to get out of send mode. C)hit HOME to go back to HOME Zone?

I'll post my code below:

This is the Widget on my MTS file
Code:
Widget Send // used to be SEND
	Press 90 29 7f
        // FB_TwoState 90 29 7f 90 29 00
WidgetEnd
I'm still unclear why sometimes the top row sometimes has "press 90 29 7f" and sometimes "press 90 29 7f 90 29 00". And I think when I had the "FB_TwoState" statement it didn't work, so I made it into a comment. But am I wrong there?

This is my HOME ZONE on my Zone file:
Code:
/ ZONE HOME - This defines the zones and also lets the controller know to send widgets based on selected track
 Zone Home
	OnTrackSelection MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets
	OnTrackSelection MapSelectedTrackFXToMenu

IncludedZones
		"Buttons|"
		"JogWheelHack|"
		"Channel|1-8"
		"MasterChannel|"
	IncludedZonesEnd

ZoneEnd

This is the HOME Zone Button on my Zone file:
Code:
nameValue GoZone Home	// presumable this brings you to the Home Zone if you are stuck in another zone
This is the SEND Button on my Zone file:
Code:
Send Reaper "40293"		// Track: View routing and I/O for current/last touched track
Send ToggleMapSelectedTrackSends // Selected Track Sends get mapped to faders and code below opens screen
And this is my ZONE SEND which I'm assuming is where the Zone file tells it to map the SENDS to the faders and such:
Code:
/ ZONE SEND|1-8
Zone "Send|1-8"
      SelectedTrackNavigator
      DisplayUpper| TrackSendNameDisplay
      TrackTouch+DisplayUpper| TrackSendVolumeDisplay
      Mute| TrackSendMute
      Fader| TrackSendVolume
      Rotary| TrackSendPan
      RotaryPush| NoAction
      TrackTouch+Fader| TrackSendVolume
      FaderTouch| TrackTouch
ZoneEnd
Let me know if I'm missing something.
The only thing i see different on first glance is your zone file. You have the "40293" action line first. I dont know if this even matters but try to switch those lines around. In the meantime i will power up and see what i have exactly because it should toggle between send and normal. And the 90 27 7f is the press.
The 90 27 00 is the release of the button. If that button sends a press and release in midi ox. Then the FB TwoState ....is to light the button. Ill post exact what i have
Cragster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 07:48 AM   #9338
kram0

Quote:
Ok, got it.

You can work around this somewhat by using the Page concept.

One Page would point to an .mst that contained the Rotary defintion, the other .mst used on the other Page would contain the switch type definitions.
Awesome. I haven't played with pages yet. I'll take a look when I have a bit of time.

Thanks Geoff!
kram0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 08:02 AM   #9339
Cragster

@ Siniarch

My mst
Code:
Widget Send
   Press 90 29 7f
   FB_TwoState 90 29 7f 90 29 00
WidgetEnd
My Zone
Code:
Send Reaper "40293"
This should toggle between send and channel zones
Old 05-26-2020, 12:41 PM   #9340
siniarch

@Cragster

I've updated my code with copy paste to make sure I didn't type anything wrong but same problem arises. I think it has to do with how the G2 unit handles the ToggleMapSelectedTrackSends command.
Take a look:
https://youtu.be/LqvCNJ-ibAI

I saw that someone was playing with Zones in order to control button lights. So I started playing around with that idea and this seems to work. It's a round about way to do it but other than the SENDS button always being ON it seems to work. I'll see if I can work on that.

This would be on the Home Zone
Code:
	Send Reaper "40293"
	Send GoZone SendsEngaged
This would be the SendsEngaged Zone
Code:
Zone SendsEngaged
	OnTrackSelection Reaper "40293" // Added this so if you select other tracks under the SEDNDS Mode, it will keep updating the Routing window to new selected track.
	Send Reaper "40293"
	Send GoZone Home
ZoneEnd
Oh, and I find that if I place the "40293" command ahead of the "ToggleMapSelectedTrackSends" command that it is more reliable at opening the dialogue and closing it.

Last edited by siniarch; 05-26-2020 at 01:02 PM.
Old 05-26-2020, 01:35 PM   #9341
phillippeo

Quote:
Phillippeo,
I've been meaning to let you know. The reason why our G2 units did not work was because for some reason with all the changes, the iConProX.Zon (the Zone file that tells CSI what all the inputs do) file was missing under the CSI.Zip download.
Cragster provided me with his and I've been tweaking it. Just using his ProX file with the ProG2 unit made things work a lot better. But I'm re-writing it all so it works with the G2 specifically. I hate the ProG2 overlays they provide so I'm making it use the printed white labels on the surface and changing some things. I should have something ready soon. But if you wanted to try it as I have it so far before you return it, let me know.
Hi Siniarch,

Thanks for letting me know. The unit went back already but I'm still keeping an eye on this thread to follow progress. In the meantime, I got a message back from icon support to say exactly the same thing they did previously.. Use DrivenbyMoss or Klinke extensions to get things working properly. Odd that they also acknowledged that they need to update the firmware for the G2 to get it on par with the Pro X.
Old 05-26-2020, 02:00 PM   #9342
siniarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillippeo View Post
Hi Siniarch,

Thanks for letting me know. The unit went back already but I'm still keeping an eye on this thread to follow progress. In the meantime, I got a message back from icon support to say exactly the same thing they did previously.. Use DrivenbyMoss or Klinke extensions to get things working properly. Odd that they also acknowledged that they need to update the firmware for the G2 to get it on par with the Pro X.
I pretty much got the unit working entirely. All the encoders, track buttons and faders on the left side of the controller work. All the buttons on the right work as well. I've gotten the SENDS button to engage the selected track Sends and map them into the faders. So you can adjust sends and even pan those sends. I just figure it out how to bring it back from the SENDS mode back to regular mode.
Next I'll figure out how to map the FX commands to Faders when sending to FX Mode.

The one caveat is that I'm only working on the QCon Pro G2 unit now. I will connect the EX G2 unit after and see what kind of problems I run into.

If you'd like I'd be happy to do a skype call if you wanted to see it working and ask if certain things can work. (PM me if you'd like)

Once I'm done, I'll be uploading the files so others can use them. I'm sure it will be more plug and play until people want to customize or change things I did.
Old 05-26-2020, 02:41 PM   #9343
Cragster

Quote:
@Cragster

I've updated my code with copy paste to make sure I didn't type anything wrong but same problem arises. I think it has to do with how the G2 unit handles the ToggleMapSelectedTrackSends command.
Take a look:
https://youtu.be/LqvCNJ-ibAI

I saw that someone was playing with Zones in order to control button lights. So I started playing around with that idea and this seems to work. It's a round about way to do it but other than the SENDS button always being ON it seems to work. I'll see if I can work on that.

This would be on the Home Zone
Code:
	Send Reaper "40293"
	Send GoZone SendsEngaged
This would be the SendsEngaged Zone
Code:
Zone SendsEngaged
	OnTrackSelection Reaper "40293" // Added this so if you select other tracks under the SEDNDS Mode, it will keep updating the Routing window to new selected track.
	Send Reaper "40293"
	Send GoZone Home
ZoneEnd
Oh, and I find that if I place the "40293" command ahead of the "ToggleMapSelectedTrackSends" command that it is more reliable at opening the dialogue and closing it.
Hmm thats strange. I dont know why thats not toggling for you on the sends. Maybe someone else will chime in. But i guess if u hafta go forward using a GoZone Home button its better then nothing. I use that Gozone home for something else and also as a safety valve in case i get stuck in some other zone. Haha which has happened ..but i mainly use that to get back from the FocusedFXParam zone i use. You should look into that. It will auto map a control of your choosing to an fx parameter for like a quick adjust. You dont even need to have a Zone file for the plugin. Instructions for that are in the wiki. If u need help let me know and alot of the other guys here use it as well. Ive heard funkybot say he loves it more then a few times
Old 05-26-2020, 03:53 PM   #9344
Funkybot

I'm surprised the GoZone functionality is causing issues. I wouldn't mind taking a look at the complete .zon to see if there's a potential conflict somewhere.
Old 05-26-2020, 03:59 PM   #9345
Cragster

Quote:
I'm surprised the GoZone functionality is causing issues. I wouldn't mind taking a look at the complete .zon to see if there's a potential conflict somewhere.
Hey funkybot. Yes Siniarch is having an issue with the Togglemapselectedtracksends not toggling. He using Gozone Home to go back to channel zone. Just to give u a recap in case u didnt read a few posts back. Im at a loss as to why. Thanks for chiming in
Old 05-26-2020, 04:19 PM   #9346
siniarch

You guys are awesome. Thanks so much for your time and effort.

So the problem is when I send the "Togglemapselectedtracksends" command the first time, it gets me into the SENDS MODE just fine. When I hit it the second time, it Gets me OUT of SENDS MODE but not back in to the previous mode. It's like there is a PURGATORY mode that I get stuck on. Hahahaha. If I press the GoZone HOME button then it takes me to REGULAR mode. But if I don't press the "Togglemapselectedtracksends" mode the second time, the HOME button makes the regular track names show up but I'm still in SENDS Mode.

So I have to Engage SENDS mode, DisEngage SENDS mode, and then GoZone HOME.

So I created a new Zone to try to solve this. With the current Code, I hit SENDS button, puts me in SENDS Mode. Hit it again, and I Disengage SENDS mode and go back to HOME Zone. It's working pretty good so far except, sometimes the ROUTING window doesn't close when I hit SENDS button the second time and if I enter SENDS mode when the routing window is open, then I go into SENDS mode with ROUTING window off.

(edit: and I can't get the SENDS button light to turn off or on. So if I leave the "FB_TwoState" command on the MTS then the button stays always on. If I take it off, the it's always off)

Anyway, take a look at what I came up with.
Attached Files
File Type: zip LuisG2.zip (7.5 KB, 304 views)
Old 05-26-2020, 05:07 PM   #9347
Geoff Waddington

Great to see everyone rockin' along

Design question for y'all.

I doubt anyone uses this, but currently, you can have a Zone that overrides just a portion of a Widget, say the Shift functionality.

So the Widget behaviour un-Shifted comes from ZoneA and the Shifted behaviour comes from ZoneB.

I propose we eliminate this, if you take over ANY part of a Widget, you take over the whole thing.

Make sense ?

Is a there a valid use case for keeping it as is ?

Seems like a bunch of confusing trouble to me
Old 05-26-2020, 05:26 PM   #9348
siniarch

Geoff,

I'm not sure exactly if what you mean is what I did.

In my "Zone Home" I have my SENDS button perform a couple actions and then the third action is "GoZone" to a smaller Zone at the end not loaded on the Home Zone. In this Zone, the SENDS button performs some different commands than the SEND button does in the Home Zone. But the last command is a "GoZone Home" therefore resetting the SENDS button to it's original state/function. Is this what you mean?
Old 05-26-2020, 05:42 PM   #9349
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Geoff,

I'm not sure exactly if what you mean is what I did.

In my "Zone Home" I have my SENDS button perform a couple actions and then the third action is "GoZone" to a smaller Zone at the end not loaded on the Home Zone. In this Zone, the SENDS button performs some different commands than the SEND button does in the Home Zone. But the last command is a "GoZone Home" therefore resetting the SENDS button to it's original state/function. Is this what you mean?
No, all of that is fine.

Code:
Zone "ZoneA"
       SomeWidget SomeAction
ZoneEnd

Zone "ZoneB"
        Shift+SomeWidget SomeOtherAction
ZoneEnd
I think going to ZoneB should "take over" SomeWidget.

Only the Shifted behaviour "SomeOtherAction" should work.

SomeWidget should cease to trigger SomeAction because we are now in ZoneB.

If we want both, this is what we need:

Code:
Zone "ZoneC"
       SomeWidget SomeAction
       Shift+SomeWidget SomeOtheAction
ZoneEnd
Make more sense now ?
Old 05-26-2020, 06:18 PM   #9350
Cragster

Quote:
Great to see everyone rockin' along

Design question for y'all.

I doubt anyone uses this, but currently, you can have a Zone that overrides just a portion of a Widget, say the Shift functionality.

So the Widget behaviour un-Shifted comes from ZoneA and the Shifted behaviour comes from ZoneB.

I propose we eliminate this, if you take over ANY part of a Widget, you take over the whole thing.

Make sense ?

Is a there a valid use case for keeping it as is ?

Seems like a bunch of confusing trouble to me
Trying to think but im pretty sure all my modified behavior for whatever widgets are always together in the same zone. Btw what would even be a use for something like that ??
Old 05-26-2020, 06:22 PM   #9351
Cragster

@Geoff

Most of my modified behaviors are in the various FX plugin zones files. This wouldn't effect those would it ?
Old 05-26-2020, 06:25 PM   #9352
siniarch

Quote:
No, all of that is fine.

Code:
Zone "ZoneA"
       SomeWidget SomeAction
ZoneEnd

Zone "ZoneB"
ZoneEnd
I think going to ZoneB should "take over" SomeWidget.

Only the Shifted behaviour "SomeOtherAction" should work.

SomeWidget should cease to trigger SomeAction because we are now in ZoneB.

If we want both, this is what we need:

Code:
Zone "ZoneC"
       SomeWidget SomeAction
       Shift+SomeWidget SomeOtheAction
ZoneEnd
Make more sense now ?
Oh, this makes perfect sense. It might add a line of code in ZoneC but the amount of time saved going to look through ZoneA or any Zone that may have that "SomeWidget SomeAction" would more that justify it. Keep things nice and tidy.
Old 05-27-2020, 02:47 AM   #9353
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Trying to think but im pretty sure all my modified behavior for whatever widgets are always together in the same zone. Btw what would even be a use for something like that ??
I can' think of one, that's why I want to remove it
Old 05-27-2020, 02:48 AM   #9354
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
@Geoff

Most of my modified behaviors are in the various FX plugin zones files. This wouldn't effect those would it ?
No, those are fine.
Old 05-27-2020, 02:49 AM   #9355
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Oh, this makes perfect sense. It might add a line of code in ZoneC but the amount of time saved going to look through ZoneA or any Zone that may have that "SomeWidget SomeAction" would more that justify it. Keep things nice and tidy.
Yup, agree it's a lot cleaner
Old 05-27-2020, 04:01 AM   #9356
siniarch

OK. It looks like I'm at a point where things are working pretty good for me so I figured I can upload this for people to review or use if they need to. Of course I want to continue making changes and I will, but I thought if there is someone with the QCon Pro G2 controller, this would get them started with CSI with almost everything working. I only mapped 2 FX so far (ReaEQ and ReaComp), but will be mapping others as I figure it out more.

I mapped the FX with MapSelectedTrackFXToWidgets but I was also trying to figure out how to do it with MapFocusedFXToWidgets. Unfortunately I wasn't able to figure it out with MapFocusedFXToWidgets. Not sure why? (maybe someone can chime in as to what I should change on my code to see if I like working that way better.)

The current way it works is. I press SENDS button and with MapSelectedTrackFXToWidgets I go into FX mode. My Screen (DisplayUpper) spreads each effects name on each track. Unfortunately this is the only time you see all the effects at the top. Once you go into one effect, you can switch effects, but you can't go back to the list.

(Wish I could press the same encoder and get back to the list of all effects)

Then by pressing ROTARYPUSH it focuses on each effect. I've made the DisplayUpper show the name of the effect and the DisplayLower show the parameters that are mapped.

One other thing that would be great is if by pressing the encoder and switching to that effect, if the window in reaper would also change to the effect selected in the controller? Does anyone know how to do this?

And finally, you have to get out of FX mode by pressing the HOME button which takes you to the HOME Zone.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know. And any fixes are welcomed as I was waddling through all this. hahahah.

Oh, and finally, I added "_002" at the end of all the files so we can tell that they go together but I'm not sure if that extra name will affect anything. Feel free to remove it on all files.
Attached Files
File Type: zip LuisG2_002.zip (8.8 KB, 261 views)
Old 05-27-2020, 10:53 AM   #9357
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
OK. It looks like I'm at a point where things are working pretty good for me so I figured I can upload this for people to review or use if they need to. Of course I want to continue making changes and I will, but I thought if there is someone with the QCon Pro G2 controller, this would get them started with CSI with almost everything working. I only mapped 2 FX so far (ReaEQ and ReaComp), but will be mapping others as I figure it out more.

I mapped the FX with MapSelectedTrackFXToWidgets but I was also trying to figure out how to do it with MapFocusedFXToWidgets. Unfortunately I wasn't able to figure it out with MapFocusedFXToWidgets. Not sure why? (maybe someone can chime in as to what I should change on my code to see if I like working that way better.)

The current way it works is. I press SENDS button and with MapSelectedTrackFXToWidgets I go into FX mode. My Screen (DisplayUpper) spreads each effects name on each track. Unfortunately this is the only time you see all the effects at the top. Once you go into one effect, you can switch effects, but you can't go back to the list.

(Wish I could press the same encoder and get back to the list of all effects)

Then by pressing ROTARYPUSH it focuses on each effect. I've made the DisplayUpper show the name of the effect and the DisplayLower show the parameters that are mapped.

One other thing that would be great is if by pressing the encoder and switching to that effect, if the window in reaper would also change to the effect selected in the controller? Does anyone know how to do this?

And finally, you have to get out of FX mode by pressing the HOME button which takes you to the HOME Zone.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know. And any fixes are welcomed as I was waddling through all this. hahahah.

Oh, and finally, I added "_002" at the end of all the files so we can tell that they go together but I'm not sure if that extra name will affect anything. Feel free to remove it on all files.
Great job !!

Thank for preserving the naming convention where possible, and thanks especially for using the white painted names -- that is the unwritten convention here -- that way everyone can use it, even if they have lost all the overlays
Old 05-27-2020, 11:00 AM   #9358
Geoff Waddington

OK folks, last call.

This is a fairly intricate change so:

Does anyone have a practical use case for this:

Code:
Zone "ZoneA"
       SomeWidget SomeAction
ZoneEnd

Zone "ZoneB"
ZoneEnd
where, upon activating ZoneB, "SomeWidget SomeAction" still works, because it has not been "covered up" by "Shift+SomeWidget SomeOtherAction".

Careful there, we are talking about one Widget.

It is very often the case that a Zone will take over some Widgets but not others.

This is more subtle.

The current behaviour allows for a "partial" takeover -- e.g. just "Shift" as in the example above.

I say this is confusing and unpredictable, so unless someone can chime in with a valid use case... going... going...
Old 05-27-2020, 01:30 PM   #9359
MixMonkey

Quote:
OK folks, last call.

I say this is confusing and unpredictable, so unless someone can chime in with a valid use case... going... going...
Gone
Old 05-27-2020, 02:06 PM   #9360
siniarch

Ok guys,
Next annoying question coming from me (sorry).
Now that I've got my QConProG2 working pretty good so far, how do I add the extender.

I tried replicating what the MCU and the MCUEX did as far as keeping zones and such. No such luck. What's the Trick? Does the MTS need to have unique Widget Names? So instead of "ROTARY1" should be "EX1ROTARY1"?

Thanks for any help and advise.