Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 04-28-2019, 04:46 PM   #1
sai'ke
Human being with feelings

Default Saike's workshop [ JSFX | Synth | Creative FX | Nonlinear Filters ]

Hi peeps,

Welcome to the workshop. To try and prevent me from being overloaded in different threads, here's a little thread to track plugin progress. Note that for the alpha ones, beware that slider configuration may still change. If you really intend to use it already, I'd recommend making a backup copy of the JSFX for that specific project.

Reapack link for all the plugs is here: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Jo...ster/index.xml

I also provided direct links to the files with the descriptions, but reapack is definitely preferable, since you can be be kept up to date with improvements that way.

It's become difficult for me to maintain this list of plugins in two places, so therefore, please find the list (with descriptions, images and whatnot) here:

https://github.com/JoepVanlier/JSFX

As a teaser, here's a GIF of one of 'em:

If you find a nice workflow for some of them and happen to make a cool tutorial for any of the plugins, I would love to list it on the GitHub page as well.

Feel free to report bugs or feature requests, but I don't promise I will make any of them happen

Last edited by sai'ke; 03-24-2021 at 01:57 PM.
sai'ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 07:42 PM   #2
lachinhan

Awesome! Thank you.
lachinhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 12:36 AM   #3
beingmf

Rad! Can't wait for the new versions.
Old 04-29-2019, 04:09 AM   #4
Bri1
Banned

well done m8... you now have an ickle bundle of joy shared to the world- the fx fam !=cheerz.
Bri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 04:20 AM   #5
Eliseat

Great! Finally a place for all the lovely little gems from Sai'ke.

I tested the Tone Stacks recently but for some reason they down level the volume really hard. Is that plugin meant to simulate the tone manipulation of their (Marshall, Fender) amps? (treble, presence, bass, mids etc?)

The nonlinear attack for Tight Compressor is very appreciated. But I struggle with the 50ms decay restriction. It was way better before to really push the release hard against the beat of a drum loop. And writing in those short times to get the effect back isn't really intuitive. I know that's useless in the case of less rhythmical material like basses, guitars or voices but it was part of its aggressive character which I really like. And short release times also offer great distortion effects. So ... (I know, I'm begging again!)

The MS20 cutoff slider would also benefit from nonlinear behavior because it has way to much way in the not so interesting range of high frequencies. While in Filther the 0.5 cutoff gets grip at about 800hz its way higher in MS20.

And of course many, many thanks for all these goodies. They are very useful, and they all seem kind of organic. You know I love them.

Greetings
Old 04-29-2019, 04:27 AM   #6
sai'ke

Thanks everyone. I'll post here whenever I develop stuff on one of 'em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliseat View Post
I tested the Tone Stacks recently but for some reason they down level the volume really hard. Is that plugin meant to simulate the tone manipulation of their (Marshall, Fender) amps? (treble, presence, bass, mids etc?)
Yes, with gain compensation off, they emulate what the real devices do (most eat up a lot of gain). Turn on normalize gain to peak to re-normalize the result (this was added in 0.03). Maybe the version you had didn't include this yet.

Quote:
The nonlinear attack for Tight Compressor is very appreciated. But I struggle with the 50ms decay restriction. It was way better before to really push the release hard against the beat of a drum loop. And writing in those short times to get the effect back isn't really intuitive. I know that's useless in the case of less rhythmical material like basses, guitars or voices but it was part of its aggressive character which I really like. And short release times also offer great distortion effects. So ... (I know, I'm begging again!)
I'll make a better scaled version of it soonish. One thing that's a pity in JSFX is that you can't natively make a slider logarithmic, so I can't put [ms] on the axis anymore then. Both logarithmic would probably be best. Attack from 0 to 120 and release from 0 to 1000 or so. I'll display the actual time where the ratio is now then.

Quote:
The MS20 cutoff slider would also benefit from nonlinear behavior because it has way to much way in the not so interesting range of high frequencies. While in Filther the 0.5 cutoff gets grip at about 800hz its way higher in MS20.
Yeah. I should probably copy over that new scaling from Filther. Have to add a legacy slider then too though, since this one has been out for a while.
Old 04-29-2019, 05:10 AM   #7
daxliniere

Thanks Sai'ke!

I haven't tested Tone Stack yet, nor am I sure I have a use for it, but it occurred to me that it might be cool to have an invert or 'subtract' mode. Might be interesting.

Perhaps that idea could even be combined into one plugin by having a 'subtract' drop-down box (with no controls, no graph)?

Cheers!
daxliniere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 10:39 AM   #8
daxliniere

Hey Joep!
In Reflectosaurus, could you add a way to reset pan position, please?
I was thinking ALT+double-click or ALT+CTRL click.

Cheers!
Dax.

P.S. Just started playing, this thing sounds pretty interesting! I'm still yet to work out everything that its happening on the GUI. It's a bit like finding an alien artefact! Lots of fun!
daxliniere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 05:48 PM   #9
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxliniere View Post
Hey Joep!
In Reflectosaurus, could you add a way to reset pan position, please?
I was thinking ALT+double-click or ALT+CTRL click.

Cheers!
Dax.

P.S. Just started playing, this thing sounds pretty interesting! I'm still yet to work out everything that its happening on the GUI. It's a bit like finding an alien artefact! Lots of fun!
Added. Glad you're enjoying it

Quote:
Originally Posted by reapero
Still..is it possible that, even with full feedback (big circle), the delay doesnt get sustained? Looks like i am missing a bit more feedback
It doesn't quite go to one yeah. I figured situations like that would be quite esoteric. Do you need it to go to one for anything in particular?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdubreeze View Post
No posts about Wahriffic? Did I miss them?

Thank you for this great addition, sai'ke : ) I have fun with Filter but despite having the wah filters I've been unable to get a decent wah setting out of it without it being Overloaded Violent Spaceship Crash Wah. It's me, I know.

Wahriffic answers that for me. Getting great sounds from it!
Glad to hear it

Progress has been a bit slower than usual as I have moved country.
Old 07-27-2019, 04:11 PM   #10
sai'ke

Changelog Amaranth:
- Added position bar in wave view.
- Added cropping for frozen waves (to prevent preset saves from becoming huge and slow).
- Added option to not save waveform in preset (for unfrozen ones this makes sense).

Just fyi, amaranth is still in alpha stage, so presets may still be lost due to design changes. Next up are filters... maybe over the weekend.
Old 07-28-2019, 03:11 AM   #11
Vagelis

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai'ke View Post
Changelog Amaranth:
- Added position bar in wave view.
- Added cropping for frozen waves (to prevent preset saves from becoming huge and slow).
- Added option to not save waveform in preset (for unfrozen ones this makes sense).

Just fyi, amaranth is still in alpha stage, so presets may still be lost due to design changes. Next up are filters... maybe over the weekend.
Awesome!! I like the position bars and the crop function!
It might be better if when moving the start bar would move both start-end together with the position while the end bar would move only the bar and not the position? I think it would make it easier to move together as a loop by selecting portions of the sample.

Also a nice way to modulate the controls that i like in Reaktor except the envelopes, is when you record the movements of the parameters with the mouse. It's nice and easy way to experiment

Here's a video from Granite that uses this way of modulation too.
https://youtu.be/M2UKDwgTrrE?t=1478
Vagelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 12:28 PM   #12
sai'ke

The recording stuff looks neat, but would come at too much overhead in JSFX. I also prefer dealing with automation by hand.

Changelog Amaranth:
- Added two modulate-able filters.
- Added dedicated feedback grain buffer for when sound is frozen (doubles CPU when in use though).
- Fixed bug that prevented storage of trigger toggle.
- Enabled buffer reset button.

Changelog Squashman/Filther
- Fixed bug that prevented storage of trigger toggle.