Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-05-2018, 07:36 AM   #1
Rimokatolik
Human being with feelings

Default MIDI live routing

Hi, I have read bunch of forum threads and watched videos about MIDI routing, but they are different from what I am trying and failing to achieve.

I am trying to have one track that will receive input from my custom application that manages all MIDI devices through one loopMIDI port and send them back to another loopMIDI port, so that REAPER can effectively be my MIDI recorder/editor/... However, at the same time, I want some MIDI channels to go to another tracks (1 to 1) where each track will have different VSTi on it, so that I can get additional sounds. Majority of sound is coming from Hauptwerk which is also another VSTi in REAPER, but my application is sending MIDI directly to Hauptwerk, so I don't need REAPER to manage that, just to record everything on receiving track and play it back to my application when needed.

So, how do I have one track to receive all MIDI input in REAPER and send some of that input to other tracks? I cannot get that to work at all even without messing with VSti.

Thank you
Rimokatolik is offline   Reply With Quote