Old 11-21-2021, 06:54 PM   #1
reapercurious
Human being with feelings

Default Formatting for Instagram

Any luck in rendering a video that Instagram will accept?

Post your settings here!

As far as I understand, it wants .mp4 with h.264 and aac audio. My next challenge is to export an .mp4 and not .mov (edit: doesn't matter, insta won't take either. you just type .mp4 at the end of your output file name and Reaper sorts it.)

AAC seems not to be working. Fraunhofer AAC codec is installed. Trying every format and combination of stuff, but instagram isn't having any of it. Also VLC should be playing an aac track of my video but the video is silent. I've never had any success trying to render a video with AAC audio in it now that I think of it. But that seems to be what Instagram needs.

To add insult to injury, i am able to upload an .mp4 to instagram (with mp3 or pcm audio not AAC since it's silent) after first processing it with a 3rd party app in my phone that puts its watermark on the video. I would try downloading the file and inspecting it but I don't think the specs will look different than my original but it will be worth a try.

Last edited by reapercurious; 11-22-2021 at 12:54 PM.
reapercurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 06:27 AM   #2
papagirafe

Something around those parameters should work. As an alternative a tool like HandBrake would convert any video format to mp4 and audio to aac.

papagirafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 06:48 PM   #3
snrmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by papagirafe View Post
Something around those parameters should work. As an alternative a tool like HandBrake would convert any video format to mp4 and audio to aac.

so recently, this is the settings that worked for me. i use 1 fps, cos i use static pictures all the time, it helps reduce the size. u can choose 30fps, that also works

to see pic follow this link

https://ibb.co/rk5nxBX
snrmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 09:15 AM   #4
bobobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by reapercurious View Post

Post your settings here!

As far as I understand, it wants .mp4 with h.264 and aac audio. My next challenge is to export an .mp4 and not .mov (edit: doesn't matter, insta won't take either. you just type .mp4 at the end of your output file name and Reaper sorts it.)
get the last reaper update and last ffmpeg from gyan.dev from here (the shared libs) and put them in reapers userplugins directory. restart reaper and try to render. selecting mov h264 and aac should work. though files are a little big. i reduce size converting them via ffmpeg (commandline)
ffmpeg -i video.mov video.mp4
createing a video much smaller in size but not in remarkable quality.
handbrake (already mentioned above) is a nice tool doing the converting job using ffmpeg too, using the ffmpeg options more educated (maybe he best one, pre rendering, to get more specifics for the real converting job hopefully getting better results)

greetz

Last edited by bobobo; 01-23-2022 at 03:42 PM.
bobobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 02:31 PM   #5
hashbasket

Video is an interesting, fascinating content that is gaining popularity on social networks. Instagram networks. In order for the video to be successful, you should choose the optimal resolution and format. For rendering, I personally use automatic settings for Instagram using the Sony Vegas app. It is recommended to select the optimal format for saving the video, considering its length, quality, and color. To reduce the video clip in Sony Vegas and then upload it to the social network, you need to compress it. To get a large number of followers, you really need to put in a lot of effort.

Last edited by hashbasket; 09-07-2022 at 02:56 PM.
hashbasket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 10:58 AM   #6
NigelPeloquin

Editing videos for Instagram is really challenging. Now, I understand all bloggers better and why they get paid for their videos.
NigelPeloquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 12:43 PM   #7
butlermichael

It can be a bit tricky, but you're on the right track with .mp4, h.264, and AAC audio. It's weird that AAC isn't cooperating. Sometimes, these codecs can be finicky. Have you tried different export settings or other software? VLC can be quirky with audio, too, so it might not be the best indicator. The workaround with the 3rd party app is clever, but that watermark can be a bummer. I just got into Instagram too. Turns out it's not just about butts and fancy dinners, right? And here's a tip: you can actually get Instagram likes for sale to boost your posts. I had no clue about that.

Last edited by butlermichael; 09-15-2023 at 01:38 AM.
butlermichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 06:44 AM   #8
Daniel Vittori

Default Taming the Instagram Video Beast: A Battle Cry for Creators!

.mp4, h.264, and AAC should be the recipe for success, but sometimes things get wonky. Don't fret, you're not alone in this video rendering battle.

Picky AAC: Even with Fraunhofer, AAC can be a rebel. Try different export settings or explore alternative software like Handbrake.

VLC's mysteries: Don't trust VLC too much. It's known for its audio quirks, so don't let it be your sole judge of Instagram-worthiness.

Workaround with a sigh: The 3rd party app is a crafty solution, but the watermark stings. Consider dedicated watermark removal tools, but stay wary of unsafe options.

More than just glam: Welcome to the world of Instagram! It's a diverse community beyond the glitz and glam. Explore and share your passions!

Organic growth: While the idea of buying likes is tempting, consider focusing on creating high-quality content and engaging with your audience. Remember, real connections are more valuable than numbers.
Daniel Vittori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2024, 06:26 PM   #9
DThompson55

I feel I'm missing something? I'm on a mac, and I just render 1080x1080 30fps, MPEG4 (MacOS 10.7 +AvFoundation), and defaults video H.264 2048kbps, and audio ACC 128kbps. I've never had a problem posting to youtube, instagram, or TikTok with these settings. Is there more to it than that?
Old 01-02-2024, 08:16 AM   #10
Ricky

When I need to post a video in Instagram I make it at .mp4 and render it with Canva. It has options for formatting video for any social media. BTW I’ve found that promoting campaigns show better engagement rate when making it as an animated stories of 30sec to 60 sec length. I’ve seen it at corporate video case study of a famous financial company and stated to use that for communicating in social media. Now it’s so easy to make with animation software or order from professional studio.
As an option you can try also the FlexClip. They leveraged AI tools recently and it’s really good now for rendering video to Instagram, Facebook or posting it at any other social media.

Last edited by Ricky; 01-04-2024 at 08:47 AM.
Ricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 04:56 AM   #11
Amwer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reapercurious View Post

Post your settings here!

AAC seems not to be working. Fraunhofer AAC codec is installed. Trying every format and combination of stuff, but instagram isn't having any of it. Also VLC should be playing an aac track of my video but the video is silent. I've never had any success trying to render a video with AAC audio in it now that I think of it. But that seems to be what Instagram needs.

To add insult to injury, i am able to upload an .mp4 to instagram (with mp3 or pcm audio not AAC since it's silent) after first processing it with a 3rd party app in my phone that puts its watermark on the video. I would try downloading the file and inspecting it but I don't think the specs will look different than my original but it will be worth a try.
I think social media is a great tool for work, especially if you want to reach a large and diverse audience. TikTok and Instagram are two of the most popular platforms right now, and they offer different ways to showcase your products, services, or personal brand. TikTok and SMM World is more about creating short, catchy, and entertaining videos that can go viral and attract attention. Instagram is more about sharing high-quality photos and stories that can build trust and loyalty. I use both platforms for my work, and I find that they complement each other well. TikTok helps me generate awareness and interest, while Instagram helps me convert and retain customers. I recommend using both platforms for ultimate success.
you need to use Adobe Media Encoder to export your video from After Effects with the following settings:

Format: H.264
Audio format: AAC
Bitrate: 4-6 Mbps for stories, 5-10 Mbps for feed
Aspect ratio: 9:16 for stories, 1:1 or 4:5 for feed
Resolution: 640x360 or 720x720 for stories, 1080x1080 or 1080x1350 for feed
You can also save these settings as a preset for future use. This should produce a high-quality video that Instagram will accept.

Alternatively, you can use this video tutorial to export your video using the HEVC H.265 format and Adobe Media Encoder, which is more efficient and has better quality than H.264.

If you want to use your own audio from another video, you can follow this guide to import it to your Reels editor.

Last edited by Amwer; 01-30-2024 at 03:02 AM.
Amwer is offline   Reply With Quote