Old 10-25-2017, 04:19 PM   #1
Muka
Human being with feelings

Default Add new Reverb files to Reaper

I download some new Reverb files from (Big Gee's Lexicon 480L) and I would like to know which directory I need to put these files in. The files comes in two separate directories. I want to access the files similar to how I access the current effects just that they are in their separate directories.
Thanks for any help.
Muka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 07:43 PM   #2
Xenakios

They are not FX, but IR files to use in a convolution reverb plugin. Reaper has the ReaVerb convolution plugin included that can load them. You can load the IR files into that from whatever location on your disk you like. Only the .aif files will be useful, the .pst files are only for Logic.
Old 10-26-2017, 05:31 AM   #3
Muka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenakios View Post
They are not FX, but IR files to use in a convolution reverb plugin. Reaper has the ReaVerb convolution plugin included that can load them. You can load the IR files into that from whatever location on your disk you like. Only the .aif files will be useful, the .pst files are only for Logic.
Sorry for not understanding fully but which directory has the plugin to load these files? I can access the files by browsing to the directory I have then in but I like to see the files in the same area as all the other Fx files. The files I downloaded have are all .aif extension.

Last edited by Muka; 10-26-2017 at 05:38 AM.
Old 10-26-2017, 06:27 AM   #4
jrengmusic

Load an instance of ReaVerb into a track.

Under Impulse response generation, click Add - File

Browse to your IR folder
Old 10-26-2017, 09:08 AM   #5
Muka

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrengmusic View Post

Browse to your IR folder
Thanks for replying
This is how you would add a single reverb from the folder. I am trying to reference a folder that has many reverb files.
Old 10-26-2017, 10:26 AM   #6
Xenakios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muka View Post
I am trying to reference a folder that has many reverb files.
Sorry, I don't completely understand what you are trying to do...

ReaVerb does have a dropdown menu that shows IR files from the same folder where the current one is loaded from, though.
Old 10-26-2017, 11:15 AM   #7
G-Sun

D:/vst64/
D:/IRs/
G-Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 01:46 PM   #8
slipstick

Quote:
This is how you would add a single reverb from the folder. I am trying to reference a folder that has many reverb files.
You an only use a single IR file at a time. So what do you mean by "referencing" the folder?

The folder that contains the IR files is just a normal folder. It can be anywhere on disk and you get to it via an open file dialogue just like any other folder containing documents or music or any other sort of file.

Steve
slipstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 04:32 PM   #9
Muka

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstick View Post
You an only use a single IR file at a time. So what do you mean by "referencing" the folder?

The folder that contains the IR files is just a normal folder. It can be anywhere on disk and you get to it via an open file dialogue just like any other folder containing documents or music or any other sort of file.

Steve
Maybe I am not explaining what I would like to do properly. I'll try again.
1) When you click the FX icon on a track, the FX track window opens, then you select "ADD" at the lower left of that screen and another window pops up with all the Plugins on the left. Then you select DX VST, JS Cockos etc which will display various effects in the right split window of the plugin selected. Good.

2) Under my Plugin (in the Add FX to track) I would like to see the folder/plugin that has my new effects. So to sum up, I would like to access my new plugin
folder from the same window as the rest of the plugins rather than having to go and browse to this new folder to get access to new effects I would like to use.
Hope this explains a little better. Sorry if I'm not being clear and thanks for all the inputs.
Old 10-26-2017, 05:34 PM   #10
Xenakios

Quote:

2) Under my Plugin (in the Add FX to track) I would like to see the folder/plugin that has my new effects. So to sum up, I would like to access my new plugin
folder
Like I already explained above, what you have downloaded is not plugin FX but IR files. Therefore, they can't appear in the Add FX window.
Old 10-27-2017, 01:36 AM   #11
slipstick

We are trying to explain that the files you have ARE NOT PLUGINS or FX. Therefore they do not appear in the FX window.

What you have is IR(Impulse Response) files which are USED with certain types of effects plugins like reverbs and some amp/cabinet simulators. Think of them as being a bit like "presets" for those FX plugins. Presets don't appear in the FX window and nor do these things.

Any one IR file will work with a variety of different plugins so there is no way to choose just the IR file and get it to automatically find and load the plugin you want to use it with today then load itself into that plugin. So there is no point showing them in the FX window.

Steve
slipstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 05:10 AM   #12
Muka

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstick View Post
We are trying to explain that the files you have ARE NOT PLUGINS or FX. Therefore they do not appear in the FX window.

What you have is IR(Impulse Response) files which are USED with certain types of effects plugins like reverbs and some amp/cabinet simulators. Think of them as being a bit like "presets" for those FX plugins. Presets don't appear in the FX window and nor do these things.

Any one IR file will work with a variety of different plugins so there is no way to choose just the IR file and get it to automatically find and load the plugin you want to use it with today then load itself into that plugin. So there is no point showing them in the FX window.

Steve
Sorry, I miss read the earlier posts. I thought I was not explaining properly but I now understand that what I am proposing is not possible.
One last question on this topic:
Is there a good place I can download FX for vocals similar to what I have downloaded that will appear in the Plugin folder?
Old 10-27-2017, 07:56 AM   #13
domzy

You should be able to save an instance of reaverb, with a lexicon impulse loaded, as an FX chain i think. This would enable you to load it from the FX window.
domzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 08:51 AM   #14
smasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrengmusic View Post

Browse to your IR folder
This does not work.

I have only a few files from a directory that is a subdirectory on a master track.

I can't get to the subdirectory to find my main Impulses.

I don't know why Reaper is suddenly behaving like this now.

I used to be able to add an impulse to Reaverb and be able to navigate back to my main impulse folder or different sub folders of that main directory,I can not now.
smasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 08:52 AM   #15
smasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Sun View Post
D:/vst64/
D:/IRs/
Adding a path does not work either,the box stays blank when I input my impulse response path.

I have a legit copy of Windows 10 64 bit also.
Old 02-15-2020, 08:55 AM   #16
smasha

There is no way to go back into my main impulse folder,look at the image below.

https://ibb.co/kcBp0V3
Old 02-15-2020, 02:55 PM   #17
akademie

Quote:
Originally Posted by smasha View Post
There is no way to go back into my main impulse folder,look at the image below.

https://ibb.co/kcBp0V3
I don't know why your open dialog window is missing navigation part. It seems like something is messed up in Windows? :-(

But even in your situation you can navigate to parent folder. Using mouse button, select any file in that dialog window and then press "Backspace" key on keyboard. You are now in parent folder, etc...
akademie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 02:02 AM   #18
ivansc

All you need to do is close the current file window & you will automatically be back where you started.

Unless of course I am misunderstanding you.