Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Live Use

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-2013, 12:56 PM   #11
Andy Hamm
Human being with feelings

I used the web based interface to do exactly this. It's an Aviom clone, but they can use any smart phone to control their monitor mix. You just need wifi enabled devices with web browsers.

I never use this though, as you have to use a mixer template to make it work and unless it's a case where everyone is using IEM's - otherwise I would never give control over the monitor wedges to musicians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braveness23 View Post
I think this is partly the case but the understanding that I took away when I asked about controlling sends is that they don't have unique identifiers inside Reaper (they are identified as send 2 on track 4) so even if you do come up with a way to remotely control them all it will take to break it is to add a track or send.

Agreed regarding remote desktop. I am a network engineer so I spend my entire working life in remote sessions and frequently don't even know where on the planet the machine I am controlling is. But my drummer doesn't even have a smartphone or an internet connection so I'm not about to ask him to RDP to reaper and add a little more "me" to his headphone mix.

I really want to be able to give him (and everyone in the band) a simple USB controller with 8 buttons, knobs and faders mapped to specific sends that are uniquely identified so I can go nuts in Reaper and his controls are still locked in on his sends.
Andy Hamm is offline   Reply With Quote