Old 05-22-2015, 10:16 AM   #1
NaimosRigby
Human being with feelings

Default ALLIGNMENT ISSUES SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

OKay, im a complete noob with Reaper, but im slowly learning, can someone please tell me whenver i try to record voals or anthing in reaper, im intime when i record it but when i go back to listen im out, for some reason the allignment keeps screing up and it really annoying. i know you can nudge it to put it back in time but its a low of effort and id prefer it just stayed intime for me, its really annyoing. :L. so if this is happening/happend to someone or someone knows how to fix it, please help me :'(
NaimosRigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 12:14 PM   #2
ivansc

What spec is your computer, what operating system, 32bit or 64bit?
What are you using for an audio interface?
This sounds like regular old latency problems.
Have a look in the user guide and make sure you set your audio device up correctly.
The usual cause of this stuff is people trying to record using an inbuilt soundcard with the Direct Sound setting.
Assuming you have a "proper" audio interface, go to Options/Preferences/Audio Device.
If your interface has an ASIO driver, select it and then set up the input and output windows to show the first and last in and out of your interface.
Once you have that done, click on the ASIO box and reaper will load the settings menu for your interface.
Set the ASIO buffer to something like 512 to start with. If that works but you still have delay, reduce the buffer till it starts popping and clicking & the back it off a notch.
I have a very good interface that will run easily with a 64 buffer which gives me virtually no latency delay at all.
If you are trying to do this with a built in soundcard, I would reluctantly suggest you download ASIO4ALL which is a kludge that fools your DAW into thinking the wave driver built into windows is ASIO compliant.
It isn't great but it will hopefully make the delay you are getting a little smaller.

Good luck
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 01:45 PM   #3
NaimosRigby

Default Thanks for reply

I'm using 64bit,
im using a blue yeti pro with a blue icicle,
i think i have it all set up properly, its weird because it doesnt always happen, sometimes its perfect then other times it out and i have to nudge it by like 90 miliseconds, doesnt sound much but its reeealllyy out :/ do you tink it would be worth re installing it all and setting up again?
Old 05-22-2015, 01:52 PM   #4
ivansc

Re-read my original post.

You aren't giving us enough information to help you.

Blue are pretty reputable so I would assume their drivers etc are good enough, but you need to tell us more about what your setup consists of.

If you are using an i7 with 32gb of ram or a Pentium 4 with 2gb! (grin)
It all makes a difference.
If you can, do a screen capture of what your actual ASIO settings are assuming you are actually using ASIO.
You didn't tell us one way or the other.

Incidentally, why are you using a blue icicle with a USB mic? The icicle is for converting a mic signal to USB, which is already done for you in the Yeti Pro.
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 12:23 PM   #5
NaimosRigby

Any chance you can tell me how to check all that :P I’m really confused…. Oh and because the usb slot is slightly pagered so Instead of buying a new one I got a cheaper blue icicle :L
Old 05-23-2015, 12:26 PM   #6
NaimosRigby

sorry for being such a simpleton!