Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 10-19-2021, 11:05 AM   #1
playtimer
Human being with feelings

Default Render take and editing files/back to REAPER very slow?

Hi all,

I experience a problem never had before.

When I try to open WAV file from REAPER project in external editor (Sound Forge), I do some editing there and hit "Save". Edited file suddenly takes a LOT of time to show back in REAPER and whole DAW sometimes freezes.
Same thing happens when I open vocal takes in Revoice PRO, do the aligning and try to import new audio file back to REAPER.

Also, when I use Melodyne on a vocal track - do some tweaking there and so on... I render that track as "Render new stem" when I'm satisfied.

That also takes a lot of time to do which is highly unusual. REAPER hangs and freezes until it does the task. Sometimes it takes 10-12 seconds until new waveform appears.

Up untill recently it was super fast - almost instant with no hangs whatsoever.
Is there some new functions or features in REAPER which can cause this? Something to tweak or turn off in order to fix it?

My PC specs are more than enough:
Intel i9 9900k
Samsung NVMe SSD 970 PRO
64 GB of RAM
UA Apollo Twin X Thunderbolt 3 Interface
Windows 10 PRO version 21H1
All audio settings are optimized.

Hope I was clear enough and looking for any help here as it's becoming frustrating.

Thanks in advance for any input! Cheers!
Play
Reaper 6|Cubase 12 Pro|Studio One 6 Pro|UA Apollo/Apollo X/UAD Quad PCie x2|Adam A5x & Adam Sub7|IK iLoud Micro|Faderport 8|Presonus Atom|Nektar Panorama P6|Nektar Aura|Focusrite ISA One|ART Pro VLA II|Townsend Labs Sphere L22|Neumann & Rode mics
playtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 01:40 PM   #2
playtimer
Human being with feelings

Resolved. Unchecked "Calculate Loudness etc..." stuff in Preferences -> Rendering and it's all good now.
Reaper 6|Cubase 12 Pro|Studio One 6 Pro|UA Apollo/Apollo X/UAD Quad PCie x2|Adam A5x & Adam Sub7|IK iLoud Micro|Faderport 8|Presonus Atom|Nektar Panorama P6|Nektar Aura|Focusrite ISA One|ART Pro VLA II|Townsend Labs Sphere L22|Neumann & Rode mics
playtimer is offline   Reply With Quote