Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Pre-Release Discussion

Old 02-25-2012, 01:16 PM   #1
yagonnawantthatcowbell
Human being with feelings

Default Will OSC finally give me all the MCU compatibility I want?

Sometimes I feel like Reaper is the DAW for programmers. I'm not a programmer. I've done a little research on OSC and I'm intrigued. But is it going to allow me to finally control sends, plugins, vsti's etc from my Mackie Control with feedback?

And if it does, will I have to be some sort of programming genius to make it work? How will OSC help less code-savvy Reaper users integrate their hardware controllers?

After Reaper releases an official version with the OSC implemented, what will happen from there?
What does the future hold? And how will it be accessible to the average user?

Or is it going to be another feature like "WALTER" or JS user code-able plugins that only a tiny percent of users can actually make use of?

I'm basically asking those of you in the know to look into your crystal balls and tell me how Reaper users will be using OSC in the future so that I can better understand it.
yagonnawantthatcowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:50 PM   #2
gofer
-blänk-

Everybody can make use of JS, even if he didn't code the plugin himself. You miss something if you don't. And everybody uses WALTER as soon as he boots Reaper.

My hope is that OSC does make writing hardware controller support significantly easier than it has been up to now so that we may see both user driven efforts but hopefully also some kind of generic MIDI Control Surface support added by Cockos.
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote