Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 12-18-2008, 05:16 AM   #1
0li
Human being with feelings

Default MIDI Send Problem with Reaper->Yamaha QY10

Well... First I have to apologize for my terrible english, Im not very talented in learnig or using foreign languages.

My Problem is quite easy to describe: We use a Laptop (+DAW) and a Yamaha QY10 to have a programmable metronom and some other effect/samples/synths with an Line6 KB37 Audio Interface.
Now our Problem:
In Cubase I just selected the right Midi Output (Midi Channel 3) and put in the right notes for the click our drummer wants. But with reaper Channel 3 doesnt work at all. In fact, just a few (5 or so) of the 16 Channel work.
I dont know how to fix this problem, i hope someone of you guys can give me an advice or stuff...

Greets from Germany
Oli

BTW I cant lower the latency under ~15ms/~25ms, it starts to crackle. I read some guys have better latency with the line6 stuff. Any idea? I have a dual core 2GHz, so I think that shouldnt be the problem.

Last edited by 0li; 12-18-2008 at 05:18 AM.
0li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 02:25 PM   #2
0li

No idea anyone?
0li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:51 AM   #3
Wyndham

OLI I'm a newbie here also and BTW your English is fine. To help with your question, first I don't have an answer but my experience with other software tells me to look for what channel 3(or channel 5) has that the other channels don't or why the Yamaha QY10 receives only those channels and if the QY10 has a program setting to receive all channels.
I hope this helps in some way, Wyndham
Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:36 AM   #4
Ral-Clan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0li View Post
My Problem is quite easy to describe: We use a Laptop (+DAW) and a Yamaha QY10 to have a programmable metronom and some other effect/samples/synths with an Line6 KB37 Audio Interface.
Now our Problem:
In Cubase I just selected the right Midi Output (Midi Channel 3) and put in the right notes for the click our drummer wants. But with reaper Channel 3 doesnt work at all. In fact, just a few (5 or so) of the 16 Channel work.
It's hard to understand from your original post exactly what you are trying to do. Is the QY10 SLAVED to Reaper and producing the audio, or is the QY10's sequencer sending MIDI data TO Reaper? What is producing the click track? A sample in Reaper? Reaper's metronome? A click-track in Reaper? Or is the QY-10 producing the click noise from either its metronome or one of its voices?

If you are simply using the QY10 as an external sound module, controlled by REAPER, then you should be aware that it is a pre-General MIDI device. Also, the QY10 only recieves & sends MIDI on a few channels (not all 16). I think those are channels 1 to 8. The first four are the four sequencer parts, and the last four are the accompaniment parts of the QY10. Read the QY10 manual to double check which channels.

The QY10 can also receive MIDI timing for its internal metronome or drum machine from REAPER. You don't have to manually record a MIDI note click track in Reaper. You simply set the internal timing of the QY10 to "INT" and tell Reaper to send MIDI TIME CODE. Then any internal drum pattern or metronome beat of the QY10 will play perfectly in sync with Reaper, no matter how much you change the tempo setting in Reaper. If you simply want a metronome beat then go into the QY10's metronome settings and set it to sound the metronome on playback and mute the drum part of the QY10 when playback occurs.

Last edited by Ral-Clan; 01-19-2009 at 09:45 AM.
Ral-Clan is offline   Reply With Quote