Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 11-30-2022, 01:45 PM   #1
tbelknap
Human being with feelings

Default 6.71 - "Duplicate plug-ins of different types" not filtering

Just installed the 6.71 update today. I tried out the option not to display plug-ins that exist as different types, unchecking the box that says "Show all duplicates," but doing so does not seem to change the display.

I search for something like "f6" for the Waves F6 EQ and I still see both the VST and VST3 options. Did I miss something?
tbelknap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 01:52 PM   #2
vitalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbelknap View Post
Just installed the 6.71 update today. I tried out the option not to display plug-ins that exist as different types, unchecking the box that says "Show all duplicates," but doing so does not seem to change the display.

I search for something like "f6" for the Waves F6 EQ and I still see both the VST and VST3 options. Did I miss something?
You unchecked it, but what did you check instead? There are 4 submenus to choose which is primary, secondary etc.
vitalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 02:09 PM   #3
nait

Other than what vitalker said, the other thing to be aware of is that some plugins can appear to be different when they aren't. What determines if they're duplicates is the NAME of the plugin (as shown in Reaper, which you can actually rename - hint: you can fix the problem by renaming "duplicates" to have identical names, if they really are duplicates).

For example... if you select first priority as VST3, and then search for Pro-Q 3 (Fab Filter Pro-Q 3), you will get both the VST2 and the VST3 version. The reason is because VST2 version is actually called "Fabfilter Pro-Q 3" whereas the VST3 version is "Pro-Q 3". These names are not identical, therefore Reaper doesn't think of them as duplicates.

Now, if I search up "CS-80" instead, I'll see just the VST3 version of Arturia's CS-80 V4 because the VST2 and VST3 version of this are both named identically as "CS-80 V4".

So, if you see duplicates listed still, check what is showing for the names. You can rename one of them to match the other's name identically, if you want, and that will then result in a duplicate disappearing.
My Rig (also serves as my gaming PC): MSI Mag X570 Tomahawk Mobo, Ryzen R9 3900X, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Evo 500gb NVMe, Crucial 1TB NVMe, NVidia RTX 2080 Super, Arturia Minifuse 2, Nektar Impact LX25+ MIDI Controller Keyboard.
nait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 03:28 AM   #4
Gass n Klang

can this be improved or do we need to rename all plugins manually?