Old 11-12-2022, 12:19 PM   #1
maxstack
Human being with feelings

Default Requiem For Masquerade

I was playing around with diminished scale on a 9-string guitar and got a few chords that sounded cool. That was maybe a year ago. Now I've returned to that sketch, added some Kush analog emulation flavor on top and just couldn't resist from finishing it

If you've played a computer RPG videogame from 2004 called Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines, you'll know the feel that I went for.

Soundcloud:
https://soundcloud.com/maxstack/requiem-for-masquerade

Youtube:
Old 11-13-2022, 02:22 PM   #2
wobblybits

Liked it, overall. Cool guitar tone. Didn't care much for the drum track. Not familiar with the video game, but the atmosphere seems fitting.
wobblybits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 03:31 AM   #3
maxstack

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblybits View Post
Liked it, overall. Cool guitar tone. Didn't care much for the drum track. Not familiar with the video game, but the atmosphere seems fitting.
Hmm, I've a feeling you're not the only one who doesn't like the drums much. I'm going to make them softer and less punchy as an exercise when I've the time. Once you lock in to some paradigm, it's hard to pivot in the middle of the work. But now that I'm done with the hard variant, I'm curious about what I can do with softer one.
Old 11-23-2022, 01:45 PM   #4
41TWIN

great guitar part and sounds. very lush and interesting. the sounds on the drums seemed fine to me. actually really good. but the levels make it sound like were on a biiiiiig factory floor, your playin off to my left a little ooooo maybe 10' away. then the drummer is playing set back about maybe 35-40 yards. then about 2/3 of the way through the song the drummer in an instant is about 10 yards away.

that would be neat to see in real life. lol.

so for me the levels were kinda wonky but u got a lot of good sounds going.
41TWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 02:59 PM   #5
maxstack

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41TWIN View Post
great guitar part and sounds. very lush and interesting. the sounds on the drums seemed fine to me. actually really good. but the levels make it sound like were on a biiiiiig factory floor, your playin off to my left a little ooooo maybe 10' away. then the drummer is playing set back about maybe 35-40 yards. then about 2/3 of the way through the song the drummer in an instant is about 10 yards away.

that would be neat to see in real life. lol.

so for me the levels were kinda wonky but u got a lot of good sounds going.
Hmm, if you're talking about the weird thing that starts to happen at exactly 2:00 then it's the guitar player that is stepping back, further and further... And then goes back and forth It was sort of an experiment, not natural in any way but I thought it sounded cool enough to stay. Indeed, more bands should use moving drumkits and players around the floor during live performance!