Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Music/Collaboration Discussion

Old 11-06-2022, 07:48 AM   #1
DigiDis
Human being with feelings

Default Looking for a drummer for virtual collaboration

Never knew this forum existed.....

I am involved with two other musicians who like to create Jazz Fusion stuff. We are not professionals and just collaborate for fun. We're interested in finding a steady drummer who wants to be part of the band. We will eventually find some brass players and maybe other vocalists as we progress along. Anyway, I have been using EZDrummer 3 to make drum tracks, but my skills aren't that great and our drum tracks lack the magic that real drummers can provide. Here are the latest 5 songs we have done:

https://soundcloud.com/sound-extension

If anyone wants to collaborate with us, let me know and I can send the Reaper projects of interest.
DigiDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 02:02 PM   #2
BCF1

The tracks are really good, performances are very solid and mixes to my ear(listening on my phone(head hung in shame))sound great.
The drums are not bad at all but I get what you're saying a good jazz drummer or jazz knowledgeable drum programmer could add a lot to the songs dynamics and expressiveness(?)
Overall you've done a great job imo with EZD3. Thanks for sharing and look forward to hearing your project again when you find your drummer. I dig this !
BCF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 01:30 AM   #3
DigiDis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCF1 View Post
The tracks are really good, performances are very solid and mixes to my ear(listening on my phone(head hung in shame))sound great.
The drums are not bad at all but I get what you're saying a good jazz drummer or jazz knowledgeable drum programmer could add a lot to the songs dynamics and expressiveness(?)
Overall you've done a great job imo with EZD3. Thanks for sharing and look forward to hearing your project again when you find your drummer. I dig this !
Thanks, I think the drum tracks are good enough for us, but it is obvious they are virtual drums and not a real drummer. I bet collaborating with a real drummer also helps us reach higher levels. We are open to incorporating one or even more drummers into our music. If a good Jazz Fusion or Jazz Funk drummer wants to collaborate they are more than welcome.
Old 11-15-2022, 12:34 AM   #4
jacksoonbrowne

My great friend and a fellow colleague of mine on drums recording his kit to a Brian Culbertson tune.
Recorded in my basement studio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPZYt3dHZB8rum

PM Me if you are interested

Last edited by jacksoonbrowne; 11-15-2022 at 12:41 AM.
jacksoonbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 03:44 AM   #5
DigiDis

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksoonbrowne View Post
My great friend and a fellow colleague of mine on drums recording his kit to a Brian Culbertson tune.
Recorded in my basement studio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPZYt3dHZB8rum

PM Me if you are interested
PM sent! Sorry for the delay!