Old 09-02-2022, 01:19 PM   #1
profquad
Human being with feelings

Default Bypass toggle to add to envelopes

Wondering what a simple code to add to a video processor would bypass the effect? It would be nice to turn them on and off during a video.

Unrelated, but how do you duplicate videos? Like if I have a portait vid and want to make copies to the left and right as an effect.
profquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 03:21 PM   #2
ashcat_lt

I’m not sure what you’re talking about with the bypass thing. You can automate bypass on VP just like any other plugin. I can see where one might sometimes want to handle the bypass in the preset itself for whatever reason. For that you could make a parameter that goes from 0 to 1 in steps of 1, then in code check its value and do (or don’t) whatever you want. Simple version might be like:
Code:
bypass == 0 ? (
…
Literally all of the rest of the code
…
);
The easiest “vanilla” way to do the other thing is actually to just make a second track with a copy of the video item. Put the opacity/zoom preset on both and use it to get them to opposite sides, then make a third track above (or below, which way you have it set) both where you use the image overlay preset to combine them.

I don’t know of a one shot preset that does exactly that but it wouldn’t be hard to write. Just a couple of blits with appropriate parameters to position and size as you please.
ashcat_lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 07:42 AM   #3
papagirafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by profquad View Post
Wondering what a simple code to add to a video processor would bypass the effect? It would be nice to turn them on and off during a video.

Unrelated, but how do you duplicate videos? Like if I have a portait vid and want to make copies to the left and right as an effect.
1)Just use the bypass envelope

2) Ashcat's solution is the right one but you may want to try this sample project that uses a single track/source. It meddles with "input numbers" to acheive the same result but it's a bit confusing I admit!. Don't forget to look at the project's video properties.

https://stash.reaper.fm/45210/combine3times.zip

Last edited by papagirafe; 09-03-2022 at 08:22 AM.
papagirafe is offline   Reply With Quote