Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 11-26-2020, 06:22 PM   #81
Funkybot
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cragster View Post
Funkybot !!!!!!! You are unbelievable 100% amazinggggggg. I just saw this post after screwing around with this touchosc stuff for days and i now have touchosc working on my phone and that layout is EXACTLY what i wanted !!!
I'm gonnna be totally honest: I saw your post referencing wanting a TouchOSC device for remote recording and created this with you specifically in mind. Glad it does the job!
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 06:27 PM   #82
Freex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
I'm sure you've already done this, but check that the ports and addresses are correct at both ends.
Are there any changes needed to the OST file or C4emuZone File

Quote:
If CSI actions are hit and miss, there is something definitely wrong -- they should either work or not.
I've discovered that the action in a toolbar don't seem to work, only from actions > run.

Quote:
Sorry I don't have a better answer, maybe something with modem/router, heavy traffic on your local network, dunno ??
I had considered that, when v6 was messing everything up, definitely no heavy traffic when I was testing.

I'm kinda at a loss too, I'm seeing the feedback on transport but can't control and nothing showing coming in.
I'll try a reboot of everything and see what happens

UPDATE:
I've found something at least.
Managed to get tablet running, and I'm able to send transport messages but getting no feedback on tablet screen (which is the opposite of the phone.
Also the port numbers in CSI/OSC seem to have no effect, only on the tablet does changing the port stop control from working.

UPDATE:
So I managed to get the SHOW INPUT to work, and then found it odd that the IN was reporting to be coming from phone (whihc was on charge in other room), or at least as far as CSI was concerned it was.
Deleted phone from setup and tablet started to show feed back.
I'm none the wiser as to what was going on with my phone, but at least I've got something running. (who knew the tablet would even run never mind help in the detective work).

Last edited by Freex; 11-26-2020 at 06:56 PM.
Freex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 06:58 PM   #83
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freex View Post
UPDATE:
I've found something at least.
Managed to get tablet running, and I'm able to send transport messages but getting no feedback on tablet screen (which is the opposite of the phone.
Also the port numbers in CSI/OSC seem to have no effect, only on the tablet does changing the port stop control from working.
I don't know if it's related but I had some weird stuff happen yesterday that sounds somewhat similar.

I had a Play, Stop, Record buttons in OSC with feedback going back to those widgets. For some reason, these buttons didn't work anywhere near as expected. Something about the feedback was throwing them off and I couldn't figure it out.

So I worked around it by creating a second LED widget for each parameter and called FB_Play, FB_Stop, etc. When I did this, the buttons and feedback both started working as expected. Not wure if it's a CSI bug, a Reaper bug, or a Touch OSC bug, or just even user error, but the workaround worked so I didn't dig too deeply.

So the ost file looked like this...
[code]
Widget Play
Control /Play
FB_Processor /FB_Play
WidgetEnd
[code]

...going off memory there so forgive me if there's a typo in the syntax but using the Play button with the separate FB_Play LED fixed my transport button/feedback issues.
Old 11-26-2020, 07:14 PM   #84
Geoff Waddington

New build is up

CSI v1_0.zip

Adds support for MFT modes.

They are specified in the RGB brackets like this { 181 31 00 }

Refer to the MFT docs for the values.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 07:15 PM   #85
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by paat View Post
A related question: is there a way to send these values when a zone first loads? That way I can initialize the colors when changing between zones, and then change the colors in response to actions.
Not right now, but will add it to the feature request list.
Old 11-26-2020, 07:16 PM   #86
Cragster

Did something change with the TrackAutoMode ? doesnt seem to be working
Cragster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 07:26 PM   #87
Cragster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
I'm gonnna be totally honest: I saw your post referencing wanting a TouchOSC device for remote recording and created this with you specifically in mind. Glad it does the job!
Thank you again. Its perfect !!!
Old 11-27-2020, 01:06 AM   #88
StormBlåst

Quote:
We are currently designing a sync Zones feature, thanks for your inout to the design process, the more use cases we have the better.

As far as the EQ/Compressor mapping, you are talking about the concept of sub zones.

@MixMonkey had a workaround to do this, not sure if it still works with the new architecture, but yeah, it's also on the to do list.
Awesome, that would be so cool. Then my setup would be near perfect!

I read MixMonkeys workaround for that FX Zone thing that I wanted and it works perfectly! That Subzone thing was genious!

Also, happy to give my input! You guys are doing marvelous job! CSI have transformed my workflow completely and I see only more possibilities..
I am happy to donate as soon as I get my salary
StormBlåst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 01:15 AM   #89
siniarch

Quote:
That's because you have an MFT

CSI supports RGB for many controllers, not just MFT, and is on a per action basis, the info is in the Zone file, not the .mst file.

That means CSI doesn't know what surface it is dealing with at an action level, and it shouldn't, that's by design.

However, the MFT_RGB_Midi_FeedbackProcessor is a special widget, so we can compensate there.

I will modify MFT_RGB_Midi_FeedbackProcessor to pass these values through directly, without colour translation, so you can use them.

However, they will have to be stated in decimal rather than hexadecimal, since that's how RGB is specified.

When I do this, I'll post a cheat sheet with the new notation that you will need.
I've only briefly browse through this thread, but I'm assuming that on my controller I should be able to implement the same system so that you don't have to do any extra work when controlling my Encoder Ring LEDs?
siniarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 03:14 AM   #90
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Did something change with the TrackAutoMode ? doesnt seem to be working
Woking fine here, maybe check zone definitions...
Old 11-27-2020, 03:16 AM   #91
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by siniarch View Post
I've only briefly browse through this thread, but I'm assuming that on my controller I should be able to implement the same system so that you don't have to do any extra work when controlling my Encoder Ring LEDs?
Yeah, we'll deal with any uniquely "siniarch controller" stuff in the special widget we design for it.
Old 11-27-2020, 02:52 PM   #92
Cragster

Hey can someone take a look at this . I know this is right but TrackAutoMode just isnt working .I cant figure it out. GlobalAutoMode is working but not Track...Am i missing something obvious ?? Thanks
Code:
Read  TrackAutoMode "1"
Write TrackAutoMode "3"
Trim  TrackAutoMode "0"
Touch  TrackAutoMode "2"
Latch  TrackAutoMode "4"
Group Reaper "42023" // LATCH PREVIEW
Shift+Read GlobalAutoMode "1"
Shift+Write GlobalAutoMode "3"
Shift+Trim GlobalAutoMode "0"
Shift+Touch GlobalAutoMode "2"
Shift+Latch GlobalAutoMode "4"
Shift+Group Reaper "42024" // GLOBAL LATCH PREVIEW
I have a 3 surface setup .the automation buttons are mapped on the middle surface. Do they have to be on the first surface ? But if that were true then Global wouldnt work either right ?And I know it previously worked but my setup has changed a few times in the last month or so.
Im just getting to Automation on this song im working on so its been a little bit since i used it. I cant remember when it was i used TrackAutoMode last so i cant pin down when they stopped working. But anyway im racking my brain and im just looking at the same zone file over n over trying to see something wrong thats not there lol.If anyone has any suggestions thank you
Old 11-27-2020, 03:05 PM   #93
Funkybot

Quote:
Hey can someone take a look at this . I know this is right but TrackAutoMode just isnt working .I cant figure it out. GlobalAutoMode is working but not Track...Am i missing something obvious ?? Thanks
Code:
Read  TrackAutoMode "1"
Write TrackAutoMode "3"
Trim  TrackAutoMode "0"
Touch  TrackAutoMode "2"
Latch  TrackAutoMode "4"
Group Reaper "42023" // LATCH PREVIEW
Shift+Read GlobalAutoMode "1"
Shift+Write GlobalAutoMode "3"
Shift+Trim GlobalAutoMode "0"
Shift+Touch GlobalAutoMode "2"
Shift+Latch GlobalAutoMode "4"
Shift+Group Reaper "42024" // GLOBAL LATCH PREVIEW
I have a 3 surface setup .the automation buttons are mapped on the middle surface. Do they have to be on the first surface ? But if that were true then Global wouldnt work either right ?And I know it previously worked but my setup has changed a few times in the last month or so.
Im just getting to Automation on this song im working on so its been a little bit since i used it. I cant remember when it was i used TrackAutoMode last so i cant pin down when they stopped working. But anyway im racking my brain and im just looking at the same zone file over n over trying to see something wrong thats not there lol.If anyone has any suggestions thank you
What navigator are you using? SelectedTrackNavigator?
Old 11-27-2020, 03:14 PM   #94
Cragster

Quote:
What navigator are you using? SelectedTrackNavigator?
For Channel Zone you mean ?? TrackNavigator
Old 11-27-2020, 03:29 PM   #95
Funkybot

Quote:
For Channel Zone you mean ?? TrackNavigator
Try something like this:

Code:
Zone Home
     IncludedZones
          "SelectedChannel"
          "Channel"
     IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone "SelectedChannel"
     SelectedTrackNavigator
     Read     TrackAutoMode "1"
     Write    TrackAutoMode "3"
     Trim     TrackAutoMode "0"
     Touch    TrackAutoMode "2"
     Latch    TrackAutoMode "4"
ZoneEnd

Zone "Channel"
     TrackNavigator
     Fader|   TrackVolume
ZoneEnd
Why? Think of it this way: unless you have Read, Write, Trim buttons for each and every channel of your surface, then CSI needs to know what channel to put into Read, Write, Trim. So those buttons need a Navigator to give them context and tell CSI which track it applies to. So if you have a "SelectedChannel" zone with SelectedTrackNavigator, now CSI knows, "when Cragster pressess Touch, he wants the Selected Track to go into Touch mode." Without a navigator it has no context.

Now, let's say hypothetically you did have dedicated buttons for each channel and you had widgets for Read1, Read2...Read8, etc. Then the syntax would look something like this:

Code:
Zone "Channel"
     TrackNavigator
     Fader|   TrackVolume
     Read|     TrackAutoMode "1"
     Write|    TrackAutoMode "3"
     Trim|     TrackAutoMode "0"
     Touch|    TrackAutoMode "2"
     Latch|    TrackAutoMode "4"
ZoneEnd
Old 11-27-2020, 03:36 PM   #96
Cragster

Quote:
Try something like this:

Code:
Zone Home
     IncludedZones
          "SelectedChannel"
          "Channel"
     IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone "SelectedChannel"
     SelectedTrackNavigator
ZoneEnd

Zone "Channel"
     TrackNavigator
     Fader|   TrackVolume
ZoneEnd
Why? Think of it this way: unless you have Read, Write, Trim buttons for each and every channel of your surface, then CSI needs to know what channel to put into Read, Write, Trim. So those buttons need a Navigator to give them context and tell CSI which track it applies to. So if you have a "SelectedChannel" zone with SelectedTrackNavigator, now CSI knows, "when Cragster pressess Touch, he wants the Selected Track to go into Touch mode." Without a navigator it has no context.

Now, let's say hypothetically you did have dedicated buttons for each channel and you had widgets for Read1, Read2...Read8, etc. Then the syntax would look something like this:

Code:
Zone "Channel"
     TrackNavigator
     Fader|   TrackVolume
     Read|     TrackAutoMode "1"
     Write|    TrackAutoMode "3"
     Trim|     TrackAutoMode "0"
     Touch|    TrackAutoMode "2"
     Latch|    TrackAutoMode "4"
ZoneEnd
Ohhh ok thank you. I must ask so i know im not crazy .but this is new to CSI 1.0 right ? Because i think its been that long since i used automation. They were always in my "Buttons" zone. select a track and hit desired automation button. So your saying i need to move TrackAutoModes into my channel zone ? and i can leave the GlobalAutoMode in the Buttons zone ?
Old 11-27-2020, 03:49 PM   #97
Cragster

@Funkybot

Oh wait no scratch that . Your saying TrackAutoMode needs its own zone rather then just having them in the "Buttons" zone
Old 11-27-2020, 03:58 PM   #98
Cragster

Quote:
Try something like this:

Code:
Zone Home
     IncludedZones
          "SelectedChannel"
          "Channel"
     IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone "SelectedChannel"
     SelectedTrackNavigator
ZoneEnd

Zone "Channel"
     TrackNavigator
     Fader|   TrackVolume
ZoneEnd
ThankYou very much . That worked
Old 11-27-2020, 04:01 PM   #99
Funkybot

Nevermind...see you got it!

...and yes, I believe this just changed recently. In the past, TrackAutoMode just assumed SelectedTrack. Now it works with [but also requires] navigators. This happened in the last few days when the CycleTrackAutoMode action was fixed.

Will add this to the Wiki if not already there.
Old 11-27-2020, 04:20 PM   #100
Cragster

Quote:
Nevermind...see you got it!

...and yes, I believe this just changed recently. In the past, TrackAutoMode just assumed SelectedTrack. Now it works with [but also requires] navigators. This happened in the last few days when the CycleTrackAutoMode action was fixed.

Will add this to the Wiki if not already there.
Thanks man. yes i missed that change. Im trying to keep up with all these changes.

Can i hit u for one last ?
My surfaces are not banking past 32 tracks . Is that the limit ?? Do i need to change something in CSI pref ?
Old 11-27-2020, 04:25 PM   #101
Cragster

Actually its not 32 . Its all different. now its not banking at all. Idont know i seem to be having banking issues here. gonna investigate. Ive been having some weird things going wrong lately
Old 11-27-2020, 05:03 PM   #102
Cragster

Im sorry guys for all these posts. im having some banking issues. my last post i said its banking all different. Well actually the problem is it will not bank to the last 8 tracks or the last group of tracks after banking of 8 ..meaning i have 3 surface setup so 24 tracks available at once.I have 3 song tabs open. 1st song has 28 tracks. so i can view 24 but it wont bank to the last 4. 2nd song 56 tracks. only will bank to 48. wont bank the last 8. 3rd song has 40 tracks. will only bank to 32. wont bank the last 8. any thoughts on why ?
Again sorry. It seems to be weird csi problem day for me
Old 11-27-2020, 05:29 PM   #103
Cragster

Ahhhh i figured it out. just for evryones info. In csi pref I just added touchosc and when i set it up I put 8 channels, 8 sends, 8 fxmenu and that was it. i changes them to 0's and now banking is correct. Pheww ok i think my weird problems are done..ill stop posting for the night
thanks
Old 11-27-2020, 06:56 PM   #104
Funkybot

You found it before I could even chime in! Yeah, I've been there more times than I care to admit. Whenever you suddenly can't bank beyond a certain track that means there's usually another surface configured for tracks you may not want.
Old 11-27-2020, 07:05 PM   #105
Cragster

Quote:
You found it before I could even chime in! Yeah, I've been there more times than I care to admit. Whenever you suddenly can't bank beyond a certain track that means there's usually another surface configured for tracks you may not want.
Thanks for all your help. it was just one of those nights
Old 11-28-2020, 03:27 PM   #106
cjewellstudios

So I built my own configurator. It's not done yet but my first export from excel had a bunch of quotes (double and even triple in one instance)

It's terrible btw, all hard coded but I put alot of time into it and it's almost serviceable.

Funkybot, I remember you had that problem or at least a similar one that you fixed.

Is there am easy way to solve this?
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 04:00 PM   #107
Funkybot

Is your version based off MixMonkey's Excel sheet? If yes, open the Macro, do a control+F and search on "Acceleration" somewhere in there (or maybe in two places) you'll see his original acceleration values. Replace his, with your new values. That should, in theory, ensure that when you "Create Zone" that the quotes won't get added.

This is in the VBA code for the macro, not on any of the Excel worksheets.
Old 11-28-2020, 04:13 PM   #108
cjewellstudios

Quote:
Is your version based off MixMonkey's Excel sheet? If yes, open the Macro, do a control+F and search on "Acceleration" somewhere in there (or maybe in two places) you'll see his original acceleration values. Replace his, with your new values. That should, in theory, ensure that when you "Create Zone" that the quotes won't get added.

This is in the VBA code for the macro, not on any of the Excel worksheets.
No I did it from scratch. I dont know enough to adapt someone else's code yet.

I did it by hard coding copy and pasting values. I'm exporting a selection as a text file. Maybe I can copy to a new sheet and use excel's export settings instead of doing it through VBA. There are a ton of quotes in there so I think it's different than just extra quotes around acceleration.

Last edited by cjewellstudios; 11-28-2020 at 04:29 PM.
Old 11-28-2020, 04:35 PM   #109
Funkybot

Have you tried selecting the area in Excel and copying and pasting directly into Notepad? Shouldn't be any quotes that way. Sometimes the easiest solution is the easiest solution.

Pretty sure Yogi Berra once said that. Or should have.
Old 11-28-2020, 04:39 PM   #110
cjewellstudios

Quote:
Have you tried selecting the area in Excel and copying and pasting directly into Notepad? Shouldn't be any quotes that way. Sometimes the easiest solution is the easiest solution.

I haven't tried much

Spent all night the last couple nights getting this far

I'll try that. Thank you!

Next step after that is to steal your stepped params lookup table and then do the same with color (waiting on that though with potential changes looming)
Old 11-29-2020, 08:01 PM   #111
cjewellstudios

Is there a way for ToggleScrollLink to start toggled "On"?

Also...

Quote:

This was the secret sauce! FunkyBot and Yogi Berra FTW!
Old 12-01-2020, 05:44 AM   #112
ramses

So, I don't seem to be able to solve this one on my own, so I better ask for help.

I want the Send1-button on my Console 1 Fader to toggle the faders to control track sends. Ideally, I would like this to work as follows;

I hold the "Send1" button and the faders go to send-mode for the selected track until I release the button.

It COULD also be more of a "traditional" toggle, where I push the Send1-button once to get to send-mode, and push it once again to get back to track fader control.

This whole endeavor might be (might not) complicated by the fact that touching track faders selects tracks in my setup. Perhaps this "feature" has to be switched off somehow while the faders are in send-mode.

This is my *.zon, so far:

Code:
Zone "Home"
	OnTrackSelection 	MapSelectedTrackFXToWidgets
	OnTrackSelection	GoZone "Channel"
	PageMinus 			TrackBank "-10"
	PagePlus 			TrackBank "10"
	Send2				GoZone "Home"
	Send1				MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets
ZoneEnd

Zone "Channel"
	TrackNavigator
	Solo|  TrackSolo
	Mute| TrackMute
	TrackSelect|  TrackUniqueSelect
	FaderTouch|  TrackUniqueSelect
	Fader|  TrackVolume
ZoneEnd

Zone "Send"
    SendNavigator
	Mute|                       TrackSendMute
    Fader|                      TrackSendVolume
	Send1						GoZone "Home"
ZoneEnd
So. What happens presently is that I can press the Send1-button and get the faders to reflect selected track sends. So far so good. But I can't seem to get out of send-mode by pressing the Send1-button again, and manipulating send-faders more often than not selects the track and forces me back to track volume control mode.

A couple of relevant lines from the *.mst:

Code:
Widget Fader1 
    Fader7Bit b0 64 7f
    FB_Fader7Bit b0 64 7f
WidgetEnd  

Widget FaderTouch1
	AnyPress b0 0a 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Send1
	AnyPress b0 1b 7f
	FB_TwoState b0 1b 7f b0 1b 00
WidgetEnd

Last edited by ramses; 12-01-2020 at 06:17 AM.
ramses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 06:21 AM   #113
ramses

Regarding my post above.

The select track problems seems to have been fixed by putting this...

Code:
FaderTouch|  NoAction
..in the "Send" zone. Problem solved! Now if I could just figure out the toggle bit in order to get back to channel control mode...
Old 12-01-2020, 07:28 AM   #114
Funkybot

I'm confused by this:

Code:
	Send2				GoZone "Home"
Do you have two send buttons?

Normally what you'd do is something like this:

Code:
     Send				MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets
     SomeOtherButton                    GoZone "Home"
Then pressing Send activates the send zone, and pressing SomeOtherButton gets you back home where the Channel zone takes over. MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets isn't a toggle. It just activates the Send zone. Then you just need a way home to turn it off.
Old 12-01-2020, 07:38 AM   #115
ramses

Quote:
I'm confused by this:

Code:
	Send2				GoZone "Home"
Do you have two send buttons?

Normally what you'd do is something like this:

Code:
     Send				MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets
     SomeOtherButton                    GoZone "Home"
Then pressing Send activates the send zone, and pressing SomeOtherButton gets you back home where the Channel zone takes over. MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets isn't a toggle. It just activates the Send zone. Then you just need a way home to turn it off.
Yeah, I'm not good with zones. I'm not clear on the difference between "GoZone" and "MapSelected..." for example.

Now, what I have is this:

Code:
Zone "Home"
	OnTrackSelection 	MapSelectedTrackFXToWidgets
	OnTrackSelection	GoZone "Channel"
	PageMinus 			TrackBank "-10"
	PagePlus 			TrackBank "10"
	Send1 				MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets
	Send2				GoZone "Home"
ZoneEnd

Zone "Channel"
	TrackNavigator
	Solo|  TrackSolo
	Mute| TrackMute
	TrackSelect|  TrackUniqueSelect
	FaderTouch|  TrackUniqueSelect
	Fader|  TrackVolume
ZoneEnd

Zone "Send"
    SendNavigator
	Mute|                       TrackSendMute
    Fader|                      TrackSendVolume
	FaderTouch|  				NoAction
ZoneEnd
Looks like it should work then, right? But pressing Send2 does not bring back volume control, the send-mode stays activated...
Old 12-01-2020, 07:58 AM   #116
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramses View Post
Yeah, I'm not good with zones. I'm not clear on the difference between "GoZone" and "MapSelected..." for example.

Looks like it should work then, right? But pressing Send2 does not bring back volume control, the send-mode stays activated...
Does it work if you try it this way?

Code:
Zone "Home"
    OnTrackSelection     MapSelectedTrackFXToWidgets
    IncludedZones
        "Buttons"
        "Channel"
    IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone "Buttons"
     PageMinus                TrackBank "-10"
     PagePlus                 TrackBank "10"
     Send1                    MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets
     Send2                    GoZone "Home"
ZoneEnd

Zone "Channel"
     TrackNavigator
     Solo|                    TrackSolo
     Mute|                    TrackMute
     TrackSelect|             TrackUniqueSelect
     FaderTouch|              TrackUniqueSelect
     Fader|                   TrackVolume
ZoneEnd

Zone "Send"
     SendNavigator
     Mute|                    TrackSendMute
     Fader|                   TrackSendVolume
     FaderTouch|              NoAction
ZoneEnd
Old 12-01-2020, 08:49 AM   #117
ramses

Quote:
Does it work if you try it this way?
You're a genious, Funkybot! It works! Now I have a solid foundation for the rest of my setup. Thanks much for the assistance.
Old 12-01-2020, 08:54 AM   #118
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramses View Post
You're a genious, Funkybot! It works! Now I have a solid foundation for the rest of my setup. Thanks much for the assistance.
Glad it worked!
Old 12-04-2020, 06:28 AM   #119
ramses

More questions!

I would like to have this happen:

- I go to Send Mode on my Console1Fader (or on th Console One if that's not possible).
- The sends become available on my Console One, mapped out over the 10 existing EQ-knobs there.

Presently, I can toggle between having the Console1Fader faders controlling my sends, which works great, but is limiting in some cases since I no longer have access to channel volume faders when I do.

I'm unsure on how to go about this since Console One is setup as a 1 (0?) - channel device. Would it be possible to configure it as a 10-channel device, just to get it to map the sends as I want them? And if it is possible, is it then possible to then make a change of zone on one device affect another device?

These are my *.zon files so far:

Console One:
Code:
Zone "Home"
    OnTrackSelection     MapSelectedTrackFXToWidgets
    IncludedZones
        "Buttons"
        "Channel"
    IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone "Buttons"
/	OnTrackSelection	Reaper _76a686023338c5458b8683c52e5a481b //float fx 1-3 of selected track
/	OnTrackSelection 	MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets
	PageMinus 			Reaper 40286 //Go to previous track
	PagePlus 			Reaper 40285 //Go to next track
	SelectTrack1		Reaper _7789cc7e1d9e774393c44278daf35d1d //Show tr 1-10 in MCP
	SelectTrack2		Reaper _93789691c7de63439cbb43ec3c311cfc //Show tr 11-20 in MCP
	SelectTrack3		Reaper _fcbbdb33dcc7d849be5bf5f9700b684d //Show tr 21-30 in MCP
	SelectTrack4		Reaper _48e21ff5e210744caf87c0db40432175 //Show tr 31-40 in MCP
	SelectTrack5		Reaper _eecf24b4c91b4c4c9d0d24833b2bdfe7 //Show tr 41-50 in MCP
	Selecttrack6		Reaper _74b0cab56024f240a31f3b727342d1ae //Show tr 51-60 in MCP
	SelectTrack20		Reaper _0659f4b469295f4d9c334c8ad2191ebf //Show selected tracks in MCP
	SelectTrack19		Reaper _SWSTL_SHOWALLMCP //Show all tracks in MCP
ZoneEnd

Zone "Channel"
	SelectedTrackNavigator
	OutputMeterLeft 	TrackOutputMeter "0"
	OutputMeterRight	TrackOutputMeter "1"
	Volume 				TrackVolume
	Pan 				TrackPan 	"0"
	Mute 				TrackMute
	Solo 				TrackSolo
	Phase				Reaper 40282 //Invert track polarity
ZoneEnd

Console1Fader:
Code:
Zone "Buttons"
     PageMinus                TrackBank "-10"
     PagePlus                 TrackBank "10"
     Send1Press               MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets
     Send1Release             GoZone "Home"
	 TrackSelect1		Reaper _7789cc7e1d9e774393c44278daf35d1d //Show tr 1-10 in MCP
	TrackSelect2		Reaper _93789691c7de63439cbb43ec3c311cfc //Show tr 11-20 in MCP
	TrackSelect3		Reaper _fcbbdb33dcc7d849be5bf5f9700b684d //Show tr 21-30 in MCP
	TrackSelect4		Reaper _48e21ff5e210744caf87c0db40432175 //Show tr 31-40 in MCP
	TrackSelect5		Reaper _eecf24b4c91b4c4c9d0d24833b2bdfe7 //Show tr 41-50 in MCP
	TrackSelect6		Reaper _74b0cab56024f240a31f3b727342d1ae //Show tr 51-60 in MCP
	TrackSelect10		Reaper _0659f4b469295f4d9c334c8ad2191ebf //Show selected tracks in MCP
	TrackSelect9		Reaper _SWSTL_SHOWALLMCP //Show all tracks in MCP
ZoneEnd

Zone "Channel"
     TrackNavigator
     Solo|                    TrackSolo
     Mute|                    TrackMute
     FaderTouch|              TrackUniqueSelect
     Fader|                   TrackVolume
ZoneEnd

Zone "Send"
     SendNavigator
     Mute|                    TrackSendMute
     Fader|                   TrackSendVolume
     FaderTouch|              NoAction
ZoneEnd
Old 12-04-2020, 02:54 PM   #120
andyp24

OK, so I've been loaned an X-Touch for a week or two and have some time next week to try it out with CSI.

I've followed this for a while, and understand reasonably well what the concept of the CSI project is.

I've watched poetnprophet's video and am sure I could get the dll installed, and Reaper seeing the surface via MIDI correctly etc. I understand what an mst is, and I guess one for the X-Touch is now included with CSI.

But there I begin to unravel a bit. My concept of what is a Zone and how to set one up is extremely hazy. OK, I know it effectively ties the physical capability of the surface (defined in the mst) to Reaper actions.

But HOW to get one set up so I can control basic things, I'm really not sure. I'm not finding the wiki much help if I'm honest.

All I want to do for a starting point is be able to map faders and Pan knobs on the X Touch to channels in Reaper, bank around them, use transport controls from the surface etc. But all I see in example Zone files is labels like TrackNavigator, SelectedTrackNavigator, FocussedFX etc and although I can sort of see what they're FOR, it's not clear at all to me how to build something working with them.

Sorry to sound stupid, I'm sure I'll get this eventually. But for now, I need a real IDIOT'S GUIDE to starting with CSI (and probably some hand holding afterwards) and I don't know where to find that.

Help? Please? :-)

Andy
andyp24 is offline   Reply With Quote