Human being with feelings

Default WX5 Live Setup bouncing thru the presets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt2TkhQLPhs
Tony Ostinato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 09:37 PM   #2
mschnell

Great demo!

I suppose, regarding controlling the "presets" of the system, you use the octave switches to switch between different chords / voicings for a given melody note, as I seem to have learned from one of your other videos.

-Michael
mschnell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 02:52 PM   #3
Tony Ostinato

whatever works is the motto

if its not too complex i can stick to melody and selected harmony notes so its pretty easy to remember

but the more crowded it gets the more you have to squeeze things together and use whatever notes you can grab

on stolen moments where its common tones in the lead and ascending and descending chords behind it - thats all a long chromatic scale going down. the first pickup note is low C# and it goes down from there

this stuff might come in helpful (not gonna say handy, not gonna do it) for someone who has injured or lost fingers too. the windsynth can really enter in only one note at a a time, you could do more with each finger you still had. you could sound like 100 fingers
Old 08-10-2018, 10:36 PM   #4
mschnell

I suppose playing polyphonic material with a monophonic instrument in that way is far beyond the capability of my brain. (In fact I gave up trying to learn the fingering of my WX7 many years ago and switched to use a Breath controller together with a master keyboard instead. But as of now even this only with monophonic sounds, nonetheless your video does wet my mouth regarding extending this...)

Do you think that there is anybody else but yourself who (is able to) work that way ?

-Michael (being happy to have the previlage to make Music with my pals in the band )

Last edited by mschnell; 08-10-2018 at 10:42 PM.
mschnell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 12:50 PM   #5
Tony Ostinato

theres at least one keyboardist thats using it on the very upper octaves to have horn section parts

on the patchmanmusic.com forum theres a couple other guys, theres a demo of the xpression hardware module for windsynths where they do a tune

i didn't dive right into mapping notes every which way like now, my first bunch of mappings were pretty close to the melody

and if the band decided to transpose the key i would transpose both input and output because it was weird for me to play the original key and have that transposed

but over time weirdness fades and now theres a bunch of tunes i just transpose the output. they play purple rain and i think the singer is trying to find the most comfortable key and it keeps switching. i have transpose knobs in the mixer panel and maybe i should try putting some on the track panel also