Old 08-08-2020, 01:07 AM   #1
Jerok
Human being with feelings

Default Changing font option

I read this post and felt this should be lifted as a feature request
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....84#post2329684

Reaper should have a font adjust option in the configuration window
To allow users to change font size and maybe even font to fit their needs.

Not everyone has perfect vision and this would help out a lot!

/J
Jerok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 07:31 AM   #2
Meo-Ada Mespotine

+1 fom my side. I slowly grow into these problems too, lately...

On vacation for the time being...
Meo-Ada Mespotine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 07:49 AM   #3
Coachz

for sure
Coachz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 02:52 PM   #4
StewartD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerok View Post

"Reaper should have a font adjust option in the configuration window to allow users to change font size, and maybe even font to fit their needs.

Not everyone has perfect vision and this would help out a lot!"
Dude, I feel you.

I have been looking for a practical solution to scaling/changing font within Reaper. Scanning/investigating threads back to 2013 about the same issue always ends in a puff of smoke...spanning seven years on this issue.

At this point, the developer(s) absolutely knows the stock font size is mockingly tiny to be suitable for all, and is/are ignoring the issue altogether.

People with poor vision have pleaded for a remedy over the years to the sound of crickets.

I've come to two conclusions:

1. No one without influence can have such a brilliant/common sense request even be considered, as this is at least a seven year issue...and here we are, in 2020 discussing what should be a non-issue.

2. The devs have the eyes of the Gods, and care not for lesser beings vision-related mortal shortcomings.

1(a) If Kenny Gioia (An Example) commented that the font is too small, the largest font in the known world would be available in the next update.

Nothing like using a 40 inch monitor and having to get up from my sweet spot to walk closer to the screen to read the FX Browser.

***File this yet another 'Tiny Font' thread under 'Ignored', with the rest of 'em.
StewartD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 02:53 PM   #5
Coachz

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewartD View Post
Dude, I feel you.

I have been looking for a practical solution to scaling/changing font within Reaper. Scanning/investigating threads back to 2013 about the same issue always ends in a puff of smoke...spanning seven years on this issue.

At this point, the developer(s) absolutely knows the stock font size is mockingly tiny to be suitable for all, and is/are ignoring the issue altogether.

People with poor vision have pleaded for a remedy over the years to the sound of crickets.

I've come to two conclusions:

1. No one without influence can have such a brilliant/common sense request even be considered, as this is at least a seven year issue...and here we are, in 2020 discussing what should be a non-issue.

2. The devs have the eyes of the Gods, and care not for lesser beings vision-related mortal shortcomings.

1(a) If Kenny Gioia (An Example) commented that the font is too small, the largest font in the known world would be available in the next update.

Nothing like using a 40 inch monitor and having to get up from my sweet spot to walk closer to the screen to read the FX Browser.

***File this yet another 'Tiny Font' thread under 'Ignored', with the rest of 'em.
I agree with all of your points sadly and I really need bigger fonts. I also have multiple musicians gathering around the monitor which forces me to sit back even further making the font problem even worse
Coachz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 10:34 PM   #6
zdmajor7

Let me add my voice to the chorus here---my personal bugaboo is the ReaTune window font size, which I don't even seem to be able to change from the Theme Tweaker, but I wouldn't mind _everything_ being a little larger. I'm getting a 32-inch monitor in the coming days, up from 27, but somehow I don't think it's going to help a lot. The development of high DPI screens only made it worse.

If what I've read is correct and REAPER saves graphical elements as png files, that may be why it seems like this is being ignored---it may not be an easy fix. But it is a massive usability issue, and I found complaints going back a decade, near enough.
zdmajor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 06:51 AM   #7
wadewatts

hey i see im not the only one ^_^

i came back to Reaper as my main DAW after briefly using it at version 1 (yes...)

i love it so much i keep bothering my mates to go and try it haha
BUT this font issue is really bugging me!

i don't have time to learn WALTER just so i can change the size of a font, really...

is there no other practical way of doing so? a script someone made or anything?
im on a 15" macbook pro retina and i can't start to imagine how that'd look like on a larger, 4k monitor (ugh). it's specially for insert fx names, they're SOOO small!

anyway, stay safe everyone and big ups to the devs for evolving Reaper into the beast it is now
wadewatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 02:28 PM   #8
wadewatts

hey apologises.. this is actually very easy to do.

Actions > Theme Development: Show theme tweak/configuration window

if you've a large screen, fonts you want to change are probably in the last tier (11,12,13,14)
wadewatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 04:48 PM   #9
MonkeyBars

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewatts View Post
hey apologises.. this is actually very easy to do.

Actions > Theme Development: Show theme tweak/configuration window

if you've a large screen, fonts you want to change are probably in the last tier (11,12,13,14)
The tweak list is very difficult to understand. What is what?

For example, I'd like to increase the size of the fonts in the Reaper program preferences. How can I change them in the tweaks window?
MonkeyBars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 05:11 PM   #10
ninjedi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerok View Post
Reaper should have a font adjust option in the configuration window
To allow users to change font size and maybe even font to fit their needs.
Hello- agreed..resolution scaling could come as standard.
Here is how blender has it now,being named: resolution scale >>>
Lovely.

ninjedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 06:53 AM   #11
indigomirage

I would very much like to see this as a theme/feature request. I've tried adjusting every available font inside theme tweaker, but it's to no avail. Seems to be because it's a windows built-in dialog thing. But since one _can_ hack the exe, perhaps the value could be exposed as a variable in the theme tweaker?
indigomirage is offline   Reply With Quote