Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 07-03-2020, 04:40 AM   #9681
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetnprophet View Post
I did the duplicate, it didn't work.
Yeah, sorry, 8 is the limit for the release you have, will think of how to improve it in the current work I'm doing.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 12:19 PM   #9682
cemark

Hi,

I still have some problems with CSI, trying to set up my FPv2. The major hurdle I'm facing is the FX focus, which for me exhibits weird behavior.

I've understood that hidden tracks + follow MCP can cause malfunction of FocusedFXNavigator. Therefore I showed all tracks in the MCP and then changed to follow TCP.

Still, I get the same weird behavior:

FX zones work perfectly for all tracks up to a certain track number. After that track, only part of the mappings work (roughly half of the buttons for each FX). If I go even further up the tracks, no FX zone work at all. Focus remains at the selected track.

I don't know how to proceed, and would be grateful for some advise.

I cannot really go the fx menu-route, since I only have one fader.

What to do? (Does hidden tracks in the TCP also affect behavior -- sorry I'm at my summer house, so I can't test right now).
cemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 12:51 PM   #9683
Funkybot

I know one of the things Geoff's working on is fixing various issues around FocusedFX. I'd advise patience for the time being and seeing what Geoff's next build includes. Hopefully it'll be sooner rather than later, but Geoff's recently been through cataract surgery and has a life outside of CSI beyond that, so patience is key.

Now...I still want to offer some help. Have you tried FocusedFXParam? You click an FX Parameter with your mause to make the FX Parameter in focus, and that parameter instantly maps to your fader with no specific fx.zon required. It's one of my favorite CSI features. Maybe you can get by with this in the meantime. Works great for one-fader surfaces. And as long as that mode is enabled, any FX Parameter you click on with your mouse is instantly mapped.

Here are the relevant sections in the .zon. I have Shift+F2 enabling that mode, and Shift+F1 returning back to Home and turning it off.

Code:
Zone Home
	IncludedZones
		"SelectedChannel|"	
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone "SelectedChannel|"
	SelectedTrackNavigator
	Shift+F1			GoZone Home
	Shift+F2			GoZone FocusedFXParam
ZoneEnd

Zone "FocusedFXParam"
        Fader1 FocusedFXParam
	DisplayUpper1 FocusedFXParamNameDisplay
	DisplayLower1 FocusedFXParamValueDisplay
ZoneEnd
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 01:21 PM   #9684
cemark

Thanks, Funkybot!

Knowing that Geoff is working on it helps alot. Going through surgery is no fun -- had a minor heart procedure myself a couple of months back.

I'll try to be patient.
Old 07-06-2020, 01:01 AM   #9685
WaveTrans

Quote:
Originally Posted by cemark View Post
Hi,

I still have some problems with CSI, trying to set up my FPv2. The major hurdle I'm facing is the FX focus, which for me exhibits weird behavior.

I've understood that hidden tracks + follow MCP can cause malfunction of FocusedFXNavigator. Therefore I showed all tracks in the MCP and then changed to follow TCP.

Still, I get the same weird behavior:

FX zones work perfectly for all tracks up to a certain track number. After that track, only part of the mappings work (roughly half of the buttons for each FX). If I go even further up the tracks, no FX zone work at all. Focus remains at the selected track.

I don't know how to proceed, and would be grateful for some advise.

I cannot really go the fx menu-route, since I only have one fader.

What to do? (Does hidden tracks in the TCP also affect behavior -- sorry I'm at my summer house, so I can't test right now).
Hi,

I discussed the hidden tracks focusedFXNavigator TCP/MCP issue with Geoff once, but there were some very basic paradigms involved so there was no immediate reaction to it. Itīs been a while and I canīt say if Geoff is working on it (presently).

The work around I found was pretty easy though, I simply moved all hidden tracks to the end of my projects (Which takes seconds in TrackManager) and unfold all childtracks in folders in the Mixer before focusing FX in MCP mode.
WaveTrans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 02:23 AM   #9686
cemark

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveTrans View Post

... and unfold all childtracks in folders in the Mixer before focusing FX in MCP mode.
Thanks! Do you mean that also folders cause fx focus problems? Do I need to get all tracks OUT OF folders?
Old 07-06-2020, 02:08 PM   #9687
WaveTrans

Quote:
Thanks! Do you mean that also folders cause fx focus problems? Do I need to get all tracks OUT OF folders?
Varsågod

Yes ..., in my experience, folded child tracks did cause the same issues with Focusing FX as hidden tracks, namely focus didnīt work beyond any folder tracks with folded child tracks.

... and no, just keep the folders and child tracks as they are.

Just unfold the folderīs child tracks in the mixer, so that all tracks, folders and children thereof are visible in the Mixer.
(If itīs still not working, also unfold all folders in TCP)

I have all folders expanded now, in TCp and MCP and FX focus works well.
WaveTrans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 05:49 PM   #9688
Geoff Waddington

FYI update: The surgery is a success but there is now refractive work (lens) to do.

Unfortunately that leaves me with bad eyesight temporarily, so I can work, but it goes slowly

Anyway, the real update -- work is coming along -- when the next build is posted there will be support for 3rd party actions -- that means coders will be able to add Actions to CSI -- about as close as it will get to open source -- I think
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 07:05 PM   #9689
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
FYI update: The surgery is a success but there is now refractive work (lens) to do.

Unfortunately that leaves me with bad eyesight temporarily, so I can work, but it goes slowly

Anyway, the real update -- work is coming along -- when the next build is posted there will be support for 3rd party actions -- that means coders will be able to add Actions to CSI -- about as close as it will get to open source -- I think
Take your time Geoff! Glad it went well. Next step is getting you able to see again!
Old 07-06-2020, 08:12 PM   #9690
tdc

Quote:

Best wishes Geoff! Take it easy though as these things take time to heal.
tdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 03:21 AM   #9691
Cragster

Quote:

Glad to hear it was a success!! Get well and no hurry as i cant imagine CSI being better then it is right now. Thanks for this !! Best wishes on recovery
Cragster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 07:32 AM   #9692
cemark

+1 here! If there's anything I finally learned in life, it's that your health comes first. I wish you all the best, Geoff!
Old 07-07-2020, 09:33 AM   #9693
MixMonkey

Quote:

Glad to hear it went well Take your time to get better properly.
MixMonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 12:44 PM   #9694
poetnprophet

Quote:

hey Geoff, best well wishes and no rush....at least for me. Have I ever told you how amazing CSI is? Man!!!!

get well soon
poetnprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 04:34 PM   #9695
MalcolmG

Quote:

Rest up Geoff. I've settled very comfortably into the workflow I have with CSI as it is. Even though there's lots of things I'd like to add, none of them are stopping me from recording, so take your time.

Cheers
Malcolm
Old 07-09-2020, 01:19 PM   #9696
phillippeo

Default X touch one panning

Hi All,

Does anyone have the correct code for the x touch one panning? Mine is doing wierd things when I touch pan, it banks 8 tracks until it hits track 24 and then starts to pan the track!?

Otherwise all else is working well.

I'm looking for both the .zon and .mst code.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-09-2020, 01:52 PM   #9697
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillippeo View Post
Hi All,

Does anyone have the correct code for the x touch one panning? Mine is doing wierd things when I touch pan, it banks 8 tracks until it hits track 24 and then starts to pan the track!?

Otherwise all else is working well.

I'm looking for both the .zon and .mst code.

Thanks in advance.
Try my X-Touch One files:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/21f9z72djk...evice.zip?dl=0

...definitely don't have the issue you described.
Old 07-10-2020, 02:03 AM   #9698
cemark

I'm wondering what the following does in an FX zone:

Code:
Inc 		FXParamRelative "1"
Dec 		FXParamRelative "-1"
Unfortunately, FXParamRelative is one of those undocumented actions.
Old 07-10-2020, 02:54 AM   #9699
airon

It seems I must be missing a basic setup component. Here's what I have:

A Lemur app setup to transmit to the host on port 9000. The Lemur app itself receives on port 8000. This is setup in the OSC surface def.

The log indicates that CSI is receiving the data just fine. I get data such as:
Code:
IN <- LemuriPad /track/volume/x  0.644780
CSI however is sending nothing out, so I figure it might be an error in the .OST or .ZON file.

Here's what I'm using in the configuration:
OSC Surface set to Surface = LemurPad.ost and Zone Folder set to LemurPad

The OST file contains this:
Code:
Widget trackvolume
	Control track/volume/x
	FB_Processor track/volume/x
WidgetEnd

Widget tracktouch
	Control track/volume/z
	FB_Processor track/volume/z
WidgetEnd
The LemurPad.zon file in the LemurPad zone folder contains this:
Code:
Zone "Home"
	OnTrackSelection MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets
	IncludedZones
				"Track"
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone "Track"
	SelectedTrackNavigator
	trackvolume		TrackVolume
	tracktouch		TrackTouch
ZoneEnd
CSI is sending nothing out when I touch anything in Reaper.

Where am I going wrong ?

Last edited by airon; 07-10-2020 at 03:04 AM. Reason: had to do a final test
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 05:10 AM   #9700
tdc

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post
CSI is sending nothing out when I touch anything in Reaper.

Where am I going wrong ?
On quick glance Airon, I can't see anything wrong. I am not in my studio, where I have some Lemur apps running with CSI to check but can tomorrow.

But. OSC, CSI and Lemur has caught be out in the past with Ports going silent. I have often found that changing the port - sending and receiving, to a new unused number will get things running again.

There is a good app called Protokol on the iPad that will show incoming data for MIDI and OSC, and has been helpful in bugging this layer out.
tdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 04:54 PM   #9701
Cragster

@GEOFF
Hi Geoff. Hope your progressing well in your recovery !! I just wanted to post my zone and mst files for the Icon ProX and the Icon Platform M+ if you want to include them in your CSI included surfaces. The ProX files are tested and good. The M+ files are mapped strictly as an FX surface so you might not want to include them.but i threw them in there anyway. I dont think there is working files for the ProX in your CSI download yet?? Just trying to pitch in so here they are if you want. Thanks again for evrything . get well soon !!
Attached Files
File Type: zip IconProX_and_IconPlatformM_CSIFiles.zip (5.7 KB, 188 views)
Old 07-10-2020, 05:01 PM   #9702
Cragster

@GEOFF
hey Geoff heres also files for the PlatformB. i know its an obscure surface and not many if any people use it but here are files for that as well if you want
Attached Files
File Type: zip QconPlatformB.zip (2.1 KB, 190 views)
Old 07-11-2020, 04:10 AM   #9703
cemark

Hi,

I got most of the FX focus issues worked out (thanks for all help). However, one thing does not work for me, and I'm curious whether any of you guys have been successful with this particular thing.

The "thing" is the following construct: An fx zone that calls another zone (with a secondary mapping for the same fx), like this:

Code:
Zone "For example FabFilter Pro Q"
   FocusedFXNavigator
   Bla bla initial mappings 

Next   GoZone "For example FabFilter Pro Q-2"
End zone

Zone "For example FabFilter Pro Q-2"
   FocusedFXNavigator
   Bla bla secondary mappings 

Prev   GoZone "For example FabFilter Pro Q"
End zone
This construct is hit and miss it seems. It works for some tracks, sometimes :-)

Funny thing is, Next and Prev does work, always. But the bindings in the second zone are as I said above, hit and miss.

Anybody has any pointers?

Thanks!
Old 07-11-2020, 09:00 AM   #9704
airon

Trying to fix my Faderport 16 Zone file, but it's proving impossible so far. The button functions are all fine, but one main problem exists.

Code:
Zone "Home"
  IncludedZones
    "Buttons|"
    "Channel|1-16"
  IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd
This is the main Home zone. The surface is set to Auto-map nothing in the setup of CSI, i.e. in Prefs/control surfaces/CSI and then edit of the midi surface entry, none of the checkboxes below the Zone folder dropdown are checked.

Another zone for "Sends|1-16" exists as well. Fine.

Here's what happens once I've been to the "Sends|" zone by triggering the function ToggleMapSelectedTrackSends not once but twice.

CSI does not return to show the track volume for the faders, but the faders and scribble strips are now empty and useless. Only the SELECT buttons still work, which are assigned in the "Channel|1-16" zone(s). The faders however control nothing and sit at the bottom. I can switch back to Sends view by triggering the ToggleMapSelectedTrackSends function again, but there's no going back to controlling the track volume any longer.

I find this extremely confusing. Could this be a bug ?

Here's the full zone file for reference.
Code:
Zone "Home"
  IncludedZones
    "Buttons|"
    "Channel|1-16"
  IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone "Buttons|"
  ShiftRight  Shift
  ShiftLeft   Alt

Send  ToggleMapSelectedTrackSends
  Track ToggleMapSelectedTrackFXMenu
  Pan   ToggleMapSelectedTrackFX

/ TRANSPORT
  Cycle  Reaper "1068"
  Rewind  Rewind
  FastForward FastForward
  Stop  Stop
  Play  Play
  Record  Record

BankLeft  TrackBank "-16"
  BankRight  TrackBank "16"

Read  TrackAutoMode "1" { 0 4 0  0 96 0 }
  Write  TrackAutoMode "3" { 4 0 0  127 0 0 }
  Trim  TrackAutoMode "0" { 1 3 3  127 127 127 }
  Touch  TrackAutoMode "2" { 2 3 0  112 112 00 }
  Latch  TrackAutoMode "4" { 4 0 4  96 0 96 }
  Off   TrackAutoMode "5" { 0 0 10 0 32 127 }

Shift+Read GlobalAutoMode "1" { 0 4 0  127 127 127 }
  Shift+Write GlobalAutoMode "3" { 4 0 0  127 127 127 }
  Shift+Trim GlobalAutoMode "0" { 1 3 3  127 127 127 }
  Shift+Touch GlobalAutoMode "2" { 2 3 0  127 127 127 }
  Shift+Latch GlobalAutoMode "4" { 4 0 4  127 127 127 }
  Shift+Off GlobalAutoMode "5" { 0 0 10 127 127 127 }
  Shift+Pan Reaper "40876"

/ Alt = left shift button
  Alt+Read  Reaper "40086" // All tracks set to  Read
  Alt+Write Reaper "40090" // All tracks set to Write
  Alt+Trim Reaper "40088" // All tracks set to Trim/Read
  Alt+Touch Reaper "40087" // All tracks set to Touch
  Alt+Latch Reaper "40266" // All tracks set to Latch
  Alt+Off  Reaper "42024" // All tracks set to Latch Preview

/ BUTTONS LEFT OF FADERS
  Arm    TrackRecordArm // arms selected tracks
  Shift+Arm Reaper "40490" // arm all tracks
  Alt+Arm  Reaper "40491" // unarm all tracks
  SoloClear Reaper "40340" // Track: Unsolo all tracks
  MuteClear Reaper "40339" // Track: Unmute all tracks

/ for coloured button states and Reaper actions use the following
/ Reaper "" { 0 0 0 127 127 127 }

Bypass  NoAction
  Macro  NoAction
  Link  ToggleMapSelectedTrackSends
/  { 0 0 0 10 10 127 }

Master   Reaper "40075" // View: Toggle master track visible
  Click   Reaper "40364" // Options: Toggle metronome
  Section   Reaper "40174" // insert region
  Shift+Section Reaper "40306" // insert region and edit
  Marker          Reaper "40157" // insert marker at current position
  Shift+Marker    Reaper "40171" // insert and edit marker at current position
ZoneEnd

Zone "Channel|1-16"
  TrackNavigator
  FPScribble|    TrackNameDisplay
  TrackTouch+FPScribble| TrackVolumeDisplay
  Solo|   TrackSolo
  Mute|   TrackMute

Select|       TrackUniqueSelect { 2 10 2  30 127 30 }
  Shift+Select| TrackRangeSelect { 2 10 2  30 127 30 }
  Alt+Select|   TrackSelect { 2 10 2  30 127 30 }

Fader| TrackVolume
  TrackTouch+Fader| TrackVolume
  FaderTouch| TrackTouch

Shift+Fader| TrackPan "0"
  Shift+TrackTouch+Fader| TrackPan "0"
  Shift+FaderTouch| TrackTouch
  Shift+TrackTouch+FPScribble| TrackPanDisplay

Alt+Fader| TrackPanWidth "1"
  Alt+TrackTouch+Fader| TrackPanWidth "1"
  Alt+FaderTouch| TrackTouch
  Alt+TrackTouch+FPScribble| TrackPanWidthDisplay
ZoneEnd

Zone "Send|1-16"
  SelectedTrackNavigator
  FPScribble|    TrackSendNameDisplay
  TrackTouch+FBScribble| TrackSendVolumeDisplay
  Mute|     TrackSendMute
  Fader|     TrackSendVolume
  TrackTouch+Fader|  TrackSendVolume
  FaderTouch|    TrackTouch
  Shift+Fader|   TrackSendPan "0"
  Shift+TrackTouch+Fader| TrackSendPan "0"
  Shift+FaderTouch|  TrackTouch
ZoneEnd

//Zone "FXMenu|1-8"
// SelectedTrackNavigator
// FPScribble|  FXNameDisplay |
// Select| GoFXSlot |
//ZoneEnd

Last edited by airon; 07-11-2020 at 09:06 AM.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 09:49 AM   #9705
cemark

I'm unsure whether this applies to send zones, but for fx zones you need a way to get back home, like:

Code:
zone some FX
   do stuff ..

SomeButton   GoZone Home
end zone
This will restore your mappings defined in your home zone.
Old 07-11-2020, 06:18 PM   #9706
Cragster

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post
Trying to fix my Faderport 16 Zone file, but it's proving impossible so far. The button functions are all fine, but one main problem exists.

Code:
Zone "Home"
  IncludedZones
    "Buttons|"
    "Channel|1-16"
  IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd
This is the main Home zone. The surface is set to Auto-map nothing in the setup of CSI, i.e. in Prefs/control surfaces/CSI and then edit of the midi surface entry, none of the checkboxes below the Zone folder dropdown are checked.

Another zone for "Sends|1-16" exists as well. Fine.

Here's what happens once I've been to the "Sends|" zone by triggering the function ToggleMapSelectedTrackSends not once but twice.

CSI does not return to show the track volume for the faders, but the faders and scribble strips are now empty and useless. Only the SELECT buttons still work, which are assigned in the "Channel|1-16" zone(s). The faders however control nothing and sit at the bottom. I can switch back to Sends view by triggering the ToggleMapSelectedTrackSends function again, but there's no going back to controlling the track volume any longer.

I find this extremely confusing. Could this be a bug ?

Here's the full zone file for reference.
Code:
Zone "Home"
  IncludedZones
    "Buttons|"
    "Channel|1-16"
  IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone "Buttons|"
  ShiftRight  Shift
  ShiftLeft   Alt

Send  ToggleMapSelectedTrackSends
  Track ToggleMapSelectedTrackFXMenu
  Pan   ToggleMapSelectedTrackFX

/ TRANSPORT
  Cycle  Reaper "1068"
  Rewind  Rewind
  FastForward FastForward
  Stop  Stop
  Play  Play
  Record  Record

BankLeft  TrackBank "-16"
  BankRight  TrackBank "16"

Read  TrackAutoMode "1" { 0 4 0  0 96 0 }
  Write  TrackAutoMode "3" { 4 0 0  127 0 0 }
  Trim  TrackAutoMode "0" { 1 3 3  127 127 127 }
  Touch  TrackAutoMode "2" { 2 3 0  112 112 00 }
  Latch  TrackAutoMode "4" { 4 0 4  96 0 96 }
  Off   TrackAutoMode "5" { 0 0 10 0 32 127 }

Shift+Read GlobalAutoMode "1" { 0 4 0  127 127 127 }
  Shift+Write GlobalAutoMode "3" { 4 0 0  127 127 127 }
  Shift+Trim GlobalAutoMode "0" { 1 3 3  127 127 127 }
  Shift+Touch GlobalAutoMode "2" { 2 3 0  127 127 127 }
  Shift+Latch GlobalAutoMode "4" { 4 0 4  127 127 127 }
  Shift+Off GlobalAutoMode "5" { 0 0 10 127 127 127 }
  Shift+Pan Reaper "40876"

/ Alt = left shift button
  Alt+Read  Reaper "40086" // All tracks set to  Read
  Alt+Write Reaper "40090" // All tracks set to Write
  Alt+Trim Reaper "40088" // All tracks set to Trim/Read
  Alt+Touch Reaper "40087" // All tracks set to Touch
  Alt+Latch Reaper "40266" // All tracks set to Latch
  Alt+Off  Reaper "42024" // All tracks set to Latch Preview

/ BUTTONS LEFT OF FADERS
  Arm    TrackRecordArm // arms selected tracks
  Shift+Arm Reaper "40490" // arm all tracks
  Alt+Arm  Reaper "40491" // unarm all tracks
  SoloClear Reaper "40340" // Track: Unsolo all tracks
  MuteClear Reaper "40339" // Track: Unmute all tracks

/ for coloured button states and Reaper actions use the following
/ Reaper "" { 0 0 0 127 127 127 }

Bypass  NoAction
  Macro  NoAction
  Link  ToggleMapSelectedTrackSends
/  { 0 0 0 10 10 127 }

Master   Reaper "40075" // View: Toggle master track visible
  Click   Reaper "40364" // Options: Toggle metronome
  Section   Reaper "40174" // insert region
  Shift+Section Reaper "40306" // insert region and edit
  Marker          Reaper "40157" // insert marker at current position
  Shift+Marker    Reaper "40171" // insert and edit marker at current position
ZoneEnd

Zone "Channel|1-16"
  TrackNavigator
  FPScribble|    TrackNameDisplay
  TrackTouch+FPScribble| TrackVolumeDisplay
  Solo|   TrackSolo
  Mute|   TrackMute

Select|       TrackUniqueSelect { 2 10 2  30 127 30 }
  Shift+Select| TrackRangeSelect { 2 10 2  30 127 30 }
  Alt+Select|   TrackSelect { 2 10 2  30 127 30 }

Fader| TrackVolume
  TrackTouch+Fader| TrackVolume
  FaderTouch| TrackTouch

Shift+Fader| TrackPan "0"
  Shift+TrackTouch+Fader| TrackPan "0"
  Shift+FaderTouch| TrackTouch

Alt+Fader| TrackPanWidth "1"
  Alt+TrackTouch+Fader| TrackPanWidth "1"
  Alt+FaderTouch| TrackTouch
  Alt+TrackTouch+FPScribble| TrackPanWidthDisplay
ZoneEnd

Zone "Send|1-16"
  SelectedTrackNavigator
  FPScribble|    TrackSendNameDisplay
  TrackTouch+FBScribble| TrackSendVolumeDisplay
  Mute|     TrackSendMute
  Fader|     TrackSendVolume
  TrackTouch+Fader|  TrackSendVolume
  FaderTouch|    TrackTouch
  Shift+Fader|   TrackSendPan "0"
  Shift+TrackTouch+Fader| TrackSendPan "0"
  Shift+FaderTouch|  TrackTouch
ZoneEnd

//Zone "FXMenu|1-8"
// SelectedTrackNavigator
// FPScribble|  FXNameDisplay |
// Select| GoFXSlot |
//ZoneEnd
Looks like you have Togglemapselectedtracksends mapped twice in your zone file ?? Not sure but i think double mapping can cause some weird behaviors
Old 07-13-2020, 10:44 AM   #9707
cemark

FYI: I have returned the FPv2 and have an XTouch Universal coming in. That means I'm not going to fiddle anymore with my FPv2 CSI files.

I attach them here, if anyone is interested.
Attached Files
File Type: zip FPv2_CSI_Cemark.zip (2.4 KB, 213 views)
Old 07-13-2020, 11:07 AM   #9708
Funkybot

Quote:
FYI: I have returned the FPv2 and have an XTouch Universal coming in. That means I'm not going to fiddle anymore with my FPv2 CSI files.

I attach them here, if anyone is interested.
For what it's worth, I think you're going to be much happier with the X-Touch. Good luck!
Old 07-13-2020, 01:25 PM   #9709
Navelpluisje

Default New version Reapinger BCF2000

I just released a new version of the Reapinger BCF2000 CSI files.
I've added 2 more extras and did some minor fixes for the Hold functionality on some buttons.

This version is now also available via stash: https://stash.reaper.fm/manage_file/...000-v0.0.3.zip
Navelpluisje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 06:26 PM   #9710
MIDIsince85

Default Noob to CSI pointers please?

I just discovered this work and it looks like Geoff (Take it easy recovering Geoff!) and all contributors have done just freaking amazing work in here. As someone several years late to the CSI party I wonder if anyone can point me to some efficient tutorials? Also on the wide off chance... if anyone happens to know of any documentation of configuring CSI to listen to the little Akai MPK Mini mk II, the Elgato Stream Deck and the BMD ATEM Mini Pro, such links would be greatly appreciated. Good links are good enough. I’m the manual-reading type. Thanks again!
MIDIsince85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 06:49 PM   #9711
Cragster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIDIsince85 View Post
I just discovered this work and it looks like Geoff (Take it easy recovering Geoff!) and all contributors have done just freaking amazing work in here. As someone several years late to the CSI party I wonder if anyone can point me to some efficient tutorials? Also on the wide off chance... if anyone happens to know of any documentation of configuring CSI to listen to the little Akai MPK Mini mk II, the Elgato Stream Deck and the BMD ATEM Mini Pro, such links would be greatly appreciated. Good links are good enough. I’m the manual-reading type. Thanks again!
hey welcome. check out at the bottom of one of Geoffs posts. there is a link for the instruction manual wiki page and in those instructions there is a good get started video from poetnprophet. good luck. any questions just come back here
Old 07-13-2020, 08:32 PM   #9712
Newman Ray

Default X-Touch One

I just got an X-Touch One tonight and am just hearing about CSI. I see 180+ pages here, so hoping I don't have to read through all of those to figure this out. Is there a website, video, or something else that would explain to me what I need to do to get the most out of the X-Touch One? I currently just have it set up with the Mackie control in the preferences. Thanks for your help everyone!
Newman Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 08:39 PM   #9713
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newman Ray View Post
I just got an X-Touch One tonight and am just hearing about CSI. I see 180+ pages here, so hoping I don't have to read through all of those to figure this out. Is there a website, video, or something else that would explain to me what I need to do to get the most out of the X-Touch One? I currently just have it set up with the Mackie control in the preferences. Thanks for your help everyone!
Follow the CSI installation directions on the Wiki:

https://github.com/malcolmgroves/reaper_csi/wiki

You can download my CSI X-Touch One files here:

There are two zone folders in my CSI setup: one for a selected track setup where the surface follows the selected Reaper track, and another where it just banks along independently of the selected Reaper track. See the .zon file for some additional notes.

See the .png file for how I have it mapped. Also note: I disabled some lights on the X-Touch One because there are some actions that don't report the on/off state to CSI so the lights stayed on all the time.

Let me know if you have questions.
Old 07-13-2020, 08:45 PM   #9714
Newman Ray

Default Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post

There are two zone folders in my CSI setup: one for a selected track setup where the surface follows the selected Reaper track, and another where it just banks along independently of the selected Reaper track. See the .zon file for some additional notes.

See the .png file for how I have it mapped. Also note: I disabled some lights on the X-Touch One because there are some actions that don't report the on/off state to CSI so the lights stayed on all the time.

Thanks so much, Funkybot! I really appreciate your help!
Old 07-13-2020, 10:11 PM   #9715
UNdark

Default MCU - may version of CSI crashes Reaper on opening

HI - I keep trying to use the latest version (May) but have to go back to an older version as this crashes reaper on loading - don't even get the splash screen... any thoughts please?
Thanks
Mike
UNdark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 07:50 AM   #9716
cemark

Got my XTouch and I am happy so far!

However, when I bank right some of the scribble strips do not update. Buttons and faders update fine -- it's just the scribble strips, and just a few of the channels.

Is this a known issue or is there something I can do in my files to remedy it?

Thanks

Edit: It seems to happen only when a selected channel is around. It's like CSI gets a bit confused when that happens.

Last edited by cemark; 07-14-2020 at 12:07 PM. Reason: More info
Old 07-14-2020, 08:47 AM   #9717
poetnprophet

Posted a new video on some advanced CSI stuff, continuing from the last video from last year. There's just so much to cover! We should try to get Kenny to do these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v9dTa17s_w&t=480s
poetnprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 07:23 PM   #9718
Newman Ray

Quote:

I'm not finding the .dll file referenced in the instructions in the files you sent me? Where should I get that? Thanks!
Old 07-14-2020, 08:31 PM   #9719
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newman Ray View Post
I'm not finding the .dll file referenced in the instructions in the files you sent me? Where should I get that? Thanks!
The CSI software .dll? Here:

https://stash.reaper.fm/v/38349/CSI%20beta.zip

I guess we could add the link to the Wiki.
Old 07-14-2020, 08:49 PM   #9720
Newman Ray

Quote:
The CSI software .dll? Here:

https://stash.reaper.fm/v/38349/CSI%20beta.zip

I guess we could add the link to the Wiki.
Thanks!
I set everything up per the instructions, but it's not working correctly. What mode should I be in on the X-Touch One? I've tried the MC-Reaper mode and MC-Standard. Thanks!