Old 04-28-2011, 12:56 AM   #81
jedstar2000
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by adXok View Post
Guys, whit all those bunch of icons everything gets messed up. Really.

When I load certain toolbars some icons are from Reaction, others from the current theme actually. This is not a concept, its a non-organized working wnvironment and that is awful.

I'm deleting all themes and icons... to return to White_Tie default.
Sorry I should have explained

THE ICONS GO IN THE THEME FOLDER NOT THE DATA FOLDER..

If you have put them in the data folder you need to reinstall reaper which should copy the defaults back over them.....

If not I will post them up for you.............

I don't see the purpose in loading the data folder with hundreds of icons as it becomes tedious searching threw them when switching themes. By putting them directly in the theme folder it prevents the the original defaults showing up which give one nice set of icons with no unwanted mess. Personally I have also moved the v3 defaults icons from the data folder into the v3 default theme folder so they don't show up either.

In my view theme folders should have independent icon folders to keep this neat and tidy.

Sorry for any inconvenience

I believe Bernstraw has incorporated them in to his themezip so you nolonger need to do anything with them unless your want to incorporate them into another theme i.e. Reaction that also uses light toolbar buttons. If you do this make sure you SKIP ALL DUPLICATES as you may not want to override the already existing toolbars.....

Last edited by jedstar2000; 04-28-2011 at 01:12 AM.
jedstar2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:19 AM   #82
Bernstraw

Quote:
Originally Posted by adXok View Post
Guys, whit all those bunch of icons everything gets messed up. Really.

When I load certain toolbars some icons are from Reaction, others from the current theme actually. This is not a concept, its a non-organized working wnvironment and that is awful.

I'm deleting all themes and icons... to return to White_Tie default.
That's probably for the better.

Some quick points :

* At this point I and others should warn every v4 alpha users again : this is alpha !
Meaning it's not made to work perfectly until release and that goes for v4 themes as well.
So I'd rather not have to read "it's a non-organized working wnvironment ...", which may be well meant, but doesn't really help

* In Reaction, Silent ask you to copy his icons in REAPER/data/toolbar_icons, which is why you have them showing up in every theme !
This is not needed and Icons should always stay in the theme file imho.

* The next release is not guaranteed to be backward compatible with the previous ones. This goes for eveything in the theme (icons and layouts).
I've changed my icons name to fit those of the theme team and avoid duplicates, so if you made some toolbars with the previous alpha1 icons, you have to assign the icons again.
I'm pretty sure the theme team will change their icons name before release too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedstar2000 View Post
Sorry I should have explained

THE ICONS GO IN THE THEME FOLDER NOT THE DATA FOLDER..

If you have put them in the data folder you need to reinstall reaper which should copy the defaults back over them.....

I don't see the purpose in loading the data folder with hundreds of icons as it becomes tedious searching threw them. By putting them directly in the theme folder it prevents the the original defaults showing up.

In my view theme folders should have independent icon folders to keep this neat and tidy.

Sorry for any inconvenience

I believe Bernstraw has incorporated them in to his themezip so you nolonger need to do anything with them unless your want to incorporate them into another theme i.e. Reaction that also uses light toolbar buttons. If you do this make sure you SKIP ALL DUPLICATES as you may not want to override the already existing toolbars.....
What you said !

Last edited by Bernstraw; 05-28-2011 at 02:34 PM.
Bernstraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:48 AM   #83
mako55a

Fantastic theme, It's designed and behaves fantastically.
Bravo.

I am used to colour track panel backgrounds and I would just prefer to have solid color buttons, specially when they are armed it for some color deficult to see the button state.

Again, very sophisticated theme

And one more thing.
Maybe I a little bit traditional, but red for recording is just so obvious that another color just doesn't suit .

Last edited by mako55a; 05-06-2011 at 03:02 PM.
mako55a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:17 PM   #84
BluGaruda

Ecellent theme!! This is the best for me. I made the track text a bit darker so I can read it on black colored tracks. And I also made the bypassed fx text a bit red in the mixer. Now its perfect! Thank you so much!

+1 for red rec arm

Where are the rec button .png's? Could I paint the pixels red and replace the files?

Goin to search the themezip now

edit* after trying it myself and failing, I just ended up using a little red circle button you already had in there. I just replaced both the mcp_recarm_on and track_recarm_on files with gen_env_write.png renamed. Perfect!

Last edited by BluGaruda; 05-10-2011 at 12:12 AM.
BluGaruda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:50 PM   #85
jedstar2000

Wow Bernstraw those new icons are smocking ....
Old 05-10-2011, 07:57 AM   #86
Bernstraw

Quote:
Originally Posted by mako55a View Post
Maybe I a little bit traditional, but red for recording is just so obvious that another color just doesn't suit .
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluGaruda View Post
+1 for red rec arm
I just replaced both the mcp_recarm_on and track_recarm_on files with gen_env_write.png renamed. Perfect!
Thanks for the comments, I'll probably use red for recarm then, while keeping the green ones as alternate images - 'cause I like green

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedstar2000 View Post
Wow Bernstraw those new icons are smocking ....
Thanks !
I've also changed the default toolbar button image. A little less fancy but should be easier on the eye (see theme screenshots).
All these icons should be ready before v4 release (still ~80 to go), and I'll try to create a pack to use them with other themes.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:43 PM   #87
krahosk

Bernstar, I'm working on a few icons for your theme, specifically MIDI icons (mostly CCs). I'll send them to you au fur et à mesure.

Here are two for now: velocity and portamento or legato.

You can add them the existing ones.

Thanks again for this wonderful theme.
Attached Images
File Type: png toolbar_velocity_CC_note.png (3.1 KB, 462 views)
File Type: png toolbar_portamento_CC_note.png (3.1 KB, 457 views)
krahosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 07:43 AM   #88
Bernstraw

Quote:
Originally Posted by krahosk View Post
Bernstar, I'm working on a few icons for your theme, specifically MIDI icons (mostly CCs). I'll send them to you au fur et à mesure.

Here are two for now: velocity and portamento or legato.

You can add them the existing ones.

Thanks again for this wonderful theme.
Hey thanks for the help, appreciate it !
(icons added, looking forward to more of them !)
Old 05-12-2011, 08:25 AM   #89
mako55a

Bernstraw, hey mate,
Thanks for the new icons. With the new blank the theme looks much better.
Moreover, thanks to this change, I got the idea for a new proposal for a blank icon. I enclosed it below.

Icon was prepared from your transport one. I removed only the vertical border. In my opinion, looks pretty good. If you want you can use it or improve it, or you can add to the package as an alternative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernstraw View Post
Thanks for the comments, I'll probably use red for recarm then, while keeping the green ones as alternate images - 'cause I like green
It's nice that you've got big ear to suggestions, and despite Your ‘green’ preferences you're ready to prepare new record button. I hope you are still open, I just looked at the theme closely and I have a few suggestions.

Small bugs.
Separator MCP as a folder can’t collapse children tracks. In the lock MCP layout track piece of second red padlock can be seen in the lower right corner.

Suggestion to consider.
Maybe in Lock layout should not be visible volume slider (it is not used there).
Can we have a tcp master track looks like in your presentation gif? Or maybe I have something set incorrectly?
Do track and FX Sends could have a darker background?
May FX States change, change the color of the background, rather than text?
Could we have some icons to select track layouts? maybe default, sidebar, large, small, separator and lock.
Can we have tabuttons in the tcp and MCP that would change their backgrounds colors with the state change, instead of the change of icons color?

Lots of suggestions , I know, but it's all to make theme better and just to consider.

And again, I appreciate your work very much and want to thank for this BEST WORKING, GREAT GRAY THEME. thumbs up!!!
Attached Images
File Type: png toolbar_blank.png (1.2 KB, 462 views)
Old 05-12-2011, 02:21 PM   #90
Bernstraw

Quote:
I got the idea for a new proposal for a blank icon. I enclosed it below.
Thanks, looks good ! Added as an alternative image.
On the same subject, I made the suggestion to be able to use several toolbar_blank images, chosen per action.
thread : http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=79750
Would be a useful addition !
Quote:
It's nice that you've got big ear to suggestions, and despite Your ‘green’ preferences you're ready to prepare new record button.
I think I already put it in the last update, tell me if it's what you had in mind :

Quote:
Separator MCP as a folder can’t collapse children tracks.
It works ok here, but you have to select "Clickable icon for folder tracks to show/hide children".
look :

Quote:
In the lock MCP layout track piece of second red padlock can be seen in the lower right corner.
Corrected, thanks !

Quote:
Maybe in Lock layout should not be visible volume slider (it is not used there).
Good idea, I removed the fader for a simple line to still indicate the volume level.

Quote:
Can we have a tcp master track looks like in your presentation gif? Or maybe I have something set incorrectly?
It has always been present : go to Options -> Layouts -> Master Track Panel -> choose "alternate master".

Quote:
Do track and FX Sends could have a darker background?
If you could make a mockup to show me what you'd like that'd be great !

Quote:
May FX States change, change the color of the background, rather than text?
Same thing, if you had something to show me that could make me change my mind.

Quote:
Could we have some icons to select track layouts? maybe default, sidebar, large, small, separator and lock.
It's on the todo list !

Quote:
Can we have tabuttons in the tcp and MCP that would change their backgrounds colors with the state change, instead of the change of icons color?
Not before a little while. It would be a lot of work, so I would have to really know where I'm going. Any visual suggestion is welcome though

Thanks for all your useful comments.
Attached Images
File Type: png Red_Record.png (17.3 KB, 1702 views)
File Type: png Red_Record_TCP.png (15.9 KB, 1770 views)
Old 05-13-2011, 08:01 AM   #91
mako55a

Quote:
I think I already put it in the last update, tell me if it's what you had in mind :
No, I just have checked and there is only green record
Quote:
It works ok here, but you have to select "Clickable icon for folder tracks to show/hide children".
look :
Ok, it works, I have just clicked at square at the buttom of track, because I was used to do it in default theme. My mistake.

Quote:
It has always been present : go to Options -> Layouts -> Master Track Panel -> choose "alternate master".
Thanks for info I thought that I was missing something.
I have to say this master looks perfectly.

Quote:
If you could make a mockup to show me what you'd like that'd be great !
I try to prepare something to show my ideas.

Quote:

Not before a little while. It would be a lot of work, so I would have to really know where I'm going. Any visual suggestion is welcome though
I understand, no hurry.

Quote:
Thanks for all your useful comments.
I am glad that my comments could be useful.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:50 PM   #92
Trancit

Very nice theme...thx.

What makes me wonder: before Walter, many many people asked for vertical meters in the TCP...now it´s possible and nearly no new theme (Rado is the only one I am aware of) offers a TCP layout with them...

Trancit
Trancit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:38 PM   #93
Solar

@Bernstraw

Thanx a milion for this one mate!! Dis-moi, as-tu un lien pour telecharger simplement les Icones? Or when you drag and drop the Theme to reaper it installs the Icons as well?

Also, your Splash Screen man is my Favorite now. Looooooooooooooove it!!

Thanx for the hard work and for sharing

Cheers!!
Old 05-14-2011, 03:32 PM   #94
Bernstraw

Quote:
No, I just have checked and there is only green record
I updated the theme : the readme explains how to have the red recarm buttons (extract the theme and rename the recarm images for TCP and MCP).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trancit View Post
What makes me wonder: before Walter, many many people asked for vertical meters in the TCP...now it´s possible and nearly no new theme (Rado is the only one I am aware of) offers a TCP layout with them...
I was not around during these discussions, but I'm not against vertical meters : technically, when you resize the TCP, you can have them switch to vertical.
Now, if you want them always vertical, why not, I'll see if I can come up with something that makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar View Post
Dis-moi, as-tu un lien pour telecharger simplement les Icones? Or when you drag and drop the Theme to reaper it installs the Icons as well?

Also, your Splash Screen man is my Favorite now. Looooooooooooooove it!!
I'm glad you like it !
So yes, the icons are in the theme. Drag and drop the theme and all the icons are available, there's nothing more to do really.
I'll make a pack in the near future for those who wants the icons, but not the theme itself.

Last update on the icons (60 of them yet to be done) :

[IMG]http://**************/m/714/3913/graymattericons.png[/IMG]
Old 05-14-2011, 04:00 PM   #95
Solar

@Bernstraw

Much appreciate buddy! La raison que j'ai demande si les icones se trouvaient deja ds Reaper once the Theme is installed is because I would like to know if lets say IO'm using another Theme and would like to customize a specific Toolbar using your icons, can they be accessed, will they appear on when I click to choose ICON when I choose Select Icon in the Toolbar customization?

Thanx buddy!!

Encore une fois, BRAVO for the hardwork and for sharing of course

Cheers!!
Old 05-14-2011, 04:15 PM   #96
Bernstraw

If you want to use these icons with another theme, you first have to extract the themes you want to use (rename *.ReaperThemeZip as *.zip and extract), then copy the toolbar_* files from my theme folder to the other theme folder.
That said, you'll have to carefully select them to not overwrite some icons you want to keep in the other theme...
But with almost 700 toolbar_* files now, this can be tricky !
As I said earlier, in the future I'll make some packs with the correct colors to use these icons with other popular themes.
What theme are you using ?
Old 05-14-2011, 05:00 PM   #97
bluzkat

Default just wondering...

Maybe there needs to be a standard for naming the icons (maybe other stuff too). Possibly including the 'theme name' prefacing the icon. That would allow the icons from different themes to be used universally in Reaper no matter what theme was used.

I'm not too familiar with how Reaper 'sees' these, would this mess things up??

Old 05-15-2011, 01:44 AM   #98
Trancit

Quote:
I was not around during these discussions, but I'm not against vertical meters : technically, when you resize the TCP, you can have them switch to vertical.
Now, if you want them always vertical, why not, I'll see if I can come up with something that makes sense.
I would really like one with vertical meters....thx for listening

Trancit
Old 05-15-2011, 06:37 AM   #99
TabSel

Transport Panel always Shows Playback rate Control, Even when unticked... Bug?

Great theme!
TabSel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 07:47 AM   #100
Pashkuli
Banned

^ Yeah, I always untick that useless slider (in 99% of the cases).
Pashkuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:27 AM   #101
Vincent Sermonne
Petit manitou

La barre de transport ne veut pas se centrer malgré l'option cochée. Mais ce n'est pas un problême majeur pour moi, c'est juste pour te le signaler.

Google:
The transport bar is not to focus despite the option selected. But this is not a major problem for me, it's just you know.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:36 AM   #102
DarkStar

@Bernstraw,

Would it be possible to upload your icons as a layered . png file, with the button background on a separate layer? That would help immensely with any minor tweaks.
Old 05-15-2011, 01:16 PM   #103
Bernstraw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trancit View Post
I would really like one with vertical meters....thx for listening
Ok, I'm working on it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar View Post
Would it be possible to upload your icons as a layered . png file, with the button background on a separate layer? That would help immensely with any minor tweaks.
As I said before, once they're all done I'll release them as a pack. But right now, if you rename the .ReaperThemeZip file as .zip and extract it, you will find all these icons (except for main toolbar) as simple shapes over a transparent background with no button under them (that's the way it's implemented now). The button background is separate and called toolbar_blank.
So it's already fairly easy to edit them !
I hope that answers your question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabSel View Post
Transport Panel always Shows Playback rate Control, Even when unticked... Bug?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Sermonne View Post
The transport bar is not to centered despite the option selected.
The transport options are a real pb (Show playrate control, Show time signature, Centered transport controls).
Not because I can't implement them but rather because in a previous discussion, WT made the proposition to remove them from the transport menu and make them available as layouts.
That makes perfect sense to me and I'm a bit reluctant to work for nothing if they happen to be removed later.
My hope is that at some point WALTER will offer the possibility to have custom variables to present the user with options within the layouts, but that's another story...
I will probably add a centered transport layout and a no-rate layout.

If you want to read the thread I refer to, it's here :
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=71944
This in particular :
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tie View Post
I want them to be not available via right click. You would get to those element layouts via a transport layout change. This would be very annoying for people who regularly turn those things on / off / on again lots of times through a session, but my hypothesis is those people don't exist; you just set it way you like it and then leave it like that. So a layout change would be fine.
(...)
if the tick choices were removed and moved to layouts, and at some point in the future we could make variables as theme-inserted elements (menus / buttons / actions) then the things that were removed could be brought back by the themer, but in a form that prevents the interim confusion of the user possibly being presented with functionality (e.g. center the transport buttons) that doesn't work because the themer may not have offered that flexibility. Imagine a themer makes a static toolbar_bg with lots of cool details on the left hand side around the buttons; that themer is not going to allow the user to move those buttons because it'll all turn into a mess; but the menu choice to do so would still be there. A far from ideal or predictable situation for the user of that theme.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:23 PM   #104
krahosk

Thanks for considering the vertical meters Bernstraw! A thin one would be fantastic.

Last edited by krahosk; 05-16-2011 at 02:32 PM.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:47 PM   #105
BluGaruda

Thank you again for this amazing theme. I really apprecite how you are working so closely with other users and themers to make this the best theme possible. This reason alone is what makes the whole Reaper project excell above ALL the competition. Again, thank you.
--
BG
BluGaruda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 06:17 PM   #106
Solar

Quote:
If you want to use these icons with another theme, you first have to extract the themes you want to use (rename *.ReaperThemeZip as *.zip and extract), then copy the toolbar_* files from my theme folder to the other theme folder.
That said, you'll have to carefully select them to not overwrite some icons you want to keep in the other theme...
But with almost 700 toolbar_* files now, this can be tricky !
As I said earlier, in the future I'll make some packs with the correct colors to use these icons with other popular themes.
What theme are you using ?
Thanx a lot and looking forward for the Icon pack to come

Cheers!
Old 05-17-2011, 01:20 AM   #107
DarkStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar View Post
@Bernstraw,

Quote:
As I said before, once they're all done I'll release them as a pack. But right now, if you rename the .ReaperThemeZip file as .zip and extract it, you will find all these icons (except for main toolbar) as simple shapes over a transparent background with no button under them (that's the way it's implemented now). The button background is separate and called toolbar_blank.

So it's already fairly easy to edit them !
I hope that answers your question.
I missed that, but yes, thank you, it does.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:31 PM   #108
Bernstraw

Quote:
Originally Posted by krahosk View Post
Thanks for considering the vertical meters Bernstraw! A thin one would be fantastic.
Vertical meters will be available soon

Old 05-17-2011, 02:33 PM   #109
krahosk

Quote:
Wow. Very very cool indeed!
Old 05-18-2011, 12:11 AM   #110
jedstar2000

^^^^^ LOVE IT

Not that I suggest you take on any more distraction from making music but I would love to see a theme based on your Alt master track.............

Old 05-18-2011, 07:16 AM   #111
Trancit

Quote:

That´s brilliant, thx very much

Trancit
Old 05-18-2011, 12:54 PM   #112
zLiquidancer

Wow what a great theme and icons!

can you make add toolbar icons for:

"Resources Window (fx chains)" window (extension by jeffos)?
"Set next fade in shape for items"
"Set next fade out shape for items"

For midi editor:
"Reverse Events" (reverse midi notes)
"Set CC lane to pitch"
"Set CC lane to velocity"

?

thanks a lot for this theme!

Last edited by zLiquidancer; 05-18-2011 at 01:16 PM.
zLiquidancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:59 PM   #113
Bernstraw

Quote:
Originally Posted by zLiquidancer View Post
can you make add toolbar icons for:

"Resources Window (fx chains)" window (extension by jeffos)?
"Set next fade in shape for items"
"Set next fade out shape for items"

For midi editor:
"Set CC lane to pitch"
I'll try to ! I've just made these :

Old 05-18-2011, 06:42 PM   #114
krahosk

Quote:
Originally Posted by zLiquidancer View Post
Wow what a great theme and icons!

For midi editor:
"Set CC lane to pitch"
Velocity icon is already existant: look for the P/F (Piano Forte) one.
And there's one for pitch too.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:01 PM   #115
Shan

Quote:
I'll try to ! I've just made these :

Nice!!

Shane

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM
Shan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:15 PM   #116
Bernstraw

Last update : GrayMatter beta 1

* added vertical meters layouts for TCP
* added centered transport layouts
* various tweaks and corrections
* added some icons and removed the last 50 or so B&W batch processed ones by jedstar for now (will redo them before v4 release).
Old 05-19-2011, 05:10 PM   #117
krahosk

Quote:

* added centered transport layouts
* various tweaks and corrections
* added some icons and removed the last 50 or so B&W batch processed ones by jedstar for now (will redo them before v4 release).
Ça y est!

A glorious day it is! I've been waiting with anticipation for the update of this fabulous theme. Many thanks.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:00 AM   #118
Trancit

Thx very much.

Trancit
Old 05-21-2011, 06:42 AM   #119
krahosk

Quote:

After playing with the TCP size and comparing the default with the small meters, I realize that the small one doesn't actually reduce TCP width.
The appeal of a small meter is space management. Can it be done? Maybe a single linemeter would better serve that purpose instead of a stereo one. Or even, marginally, a minimalist blinking light, like I saw it could be done with WALTER?

Ideally, what I seek to achieve is smallest TCP width while retaining meter and standard buttons and knobs.

Last edited by krahosk; 05-21-2011 at 11:17 AM.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:59 AM   #120
Reflected

entered to my top 3 themes "

however, to be honnest, I don't like it when there are other buttons below the Solo|Mute buttons in the TCP.

kinda lose the quick focus...

I prefer 1 horizontal line of buttons (as it used to be in v3 by default), it looks much less busy this way.

Also 1 line with pan/vol knobs will make it even less busy and more easy to control everything quickly.

anyway im loving it
Reflected is offline   Reply With Quote