Old 01-27-2009, 09:21 PM   #1
sonare
Human being with feelings

Default A few newbie questions--

I am having some fun with Reaper but have a few questions that do not seem to be addressed in a way that I can locate the issue in the manual:

1) Is it not possible to name tracks in Mac? I have double-clicked everything I can find in the name field (per the manual) but no joy-- possibly a Mac/Reaper thing?

2) Where do I choose to be able to see it draw waveforms while recording or playing back?

3) How do I choose the built-in soundcard on the MBP for playback?

4) Is it possible to choose a sequential take number rather than a timestamp in naming files?

I did searches for the things asked above and either I did not use the right keywords or this has not been previously asked. Thanks in advance for your help.

Rich

www.sonarerecordings.com
sonare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 02:32 PM   #2
Vulkanizer
Human being with feelings

[QUOTE=sonare;278818]I am having some fun with Reaper but have a few questions that do not seem to be addressed in a way that I can locate the issue in the manual:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonare View Post
1) Is it not possible to name tracks in Mac? I have double-clicked everything I can find in the name field (per the manual) but no joy-- possibly a Mac/Reaper thing?
On the track itself (in the left panel) double click right of the track number (above the volume slider).
Or in the mixer double click just below the Mute/Solo buttons

Works fine here. Same as the PC version. The naming filed is in the same color as the background in the default reaper skin which is kind of confusing.

Quote:
2) Where do I choose to be able to see it draw waveforms while recording or playing back?
in options -> preferences -> recording mark the fields "scroll track while recording" and "show preview of recording items as they are recorded"

Quote:
3) How do I choose the built-in soundcard on the MBP for playback?
options ->preferences -> device choose "built in input/microphone" in the input scroll menu and "built in output" in the output scroll menu

Quote:
4) Is it possible to choose a sequential take number rather than a timestamp in naming files?
probably - I've never tried so I dont have an answer on the spot for that.

If the above does not work I think you are having other problems and these are just symptoms.

Cheers
V

Last edited by Vulkanizer; 02-23-2009 at 02:33 PM. Reason: too quick on the typing
Vulkanizer is offline   Reply With Quote