Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 03-23-2018, 09:52 PM   #1
ReaperMadness
Human being with feelings

Default Only One Out of 16 Key-Strikes Triggering Sound

Something got screwed up.

Only on SOME VSTi's I just started having a strange thing happen. I hit a single key on my controller and it triggers a sound just 1 out of every 16 hits. And if I am hitting two keys at once, triggers every 8th hit. Sort of like a round robin of MIDI channels.

Doesn't happen in Kontakt. Doesn't happen in every single VSTi I have. But on some.

Anybody have a clue?

New Music: = Mourning Marrs =
ReaperMadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 01:46 AM   #2
gofer
-blänk-

Test with a MIDI logger (eg ReaControlMIDI) what's coming in.

Which controller are we talking about? There is this relatively new breed of "Multi Dimensional" MPE controllers which sort of do this kind of MIDI channel juggling to pull their expression-per-note thing off.
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 02:39 PM   #3
ReaperMadness
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofer View Post
Test with a MIDI logger (eg ReaControlMIDI) what's coming in.

Which controller are we talking about? There is this relatively new breed of "Multi Dimensional" MPE controllers which sort of do this kind of MIDI channel juggling to pull their expression-per-note thing off.
Hey. Thanks for the reply. Welllll... nooooo.... this ain't no 'New Breed' type of controller by a long shot. We're talking an '85 Oberheim Xk.

Thanks for the tip about ReaControl MIDI. I never used that before. It did confirm that MIDI signal was cycling through the 16 MIDI channels.

I tried my little portable Samson Graphite 49 and it was triggering things as normal. So, I reluctantly delved into the manual for the 'Xk - a horribly written thing, it is. Well, that provided no clue whatsoever. Except for mention of a feature called 'voice spillover' which, in some circumstances, could be setup to effect such behavior, but the Xk didn't seem to be setup thusly. So, I did what an expert like me always does in a pinch.

I turned everything off & back on - no difference. Fiddled around a little more. No luck. Tried the Off & On thing again - including REAPER and - Walla Walla! Everything's AOK.

I don't know why I torture myself like this. I hate this shit.

Thanks again, gofer

New Music: = Mourning Marrs =
ReaperMadness is offline   Reply With Quote