Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

Old 07-11-2017, 02:48 PM   #1
IXix
Human being with feelings

Default FR: Drag/copy/paste PM settings in Project Bay

Sometimes I want to link several parameters to the same source or have identical LFO settings and setting it up is a slow process with way too much clicking involved.

It would be so much faster and easier if we could drag and drop modulation settings from one parameter to another in the Project Bay FX Parameters tab. If drag/drop can't be done, copy/paste options in the right-click menu would be good enough.

I don't really use the MIDI Learn stuff but perhaps that would benefit from the same copy/paste methods too?

Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease?
IXix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 06:40 AM   #2
deeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXix View Post
Sometimes I want to link several parameters to the same source or have identical LFO settings and setting it up is a slow process with way too much clicking involved.

It would be so much faster and easier if we could drag and drop modulation settings from one parameter to another in the Project Bay FX Parameters tab. If drag/drop can't be done, copy/paste options in the right-click menu would be good enough.

I don't really use the MIDI Learn stuff but perhaps that would benefit from the same copy/paste methods too?

Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease?
Id need some little GIF To understand What you mean as i AM not with my daw And that is something i Still didnt explore but want Tô in the future. Sounds very useful.
Thanks IX
deeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 07:57 AM   #3
airon

Parameter modulation window.

Settings. No preset system. No copy-to-other-parameter-modulation windows.

Ixix's idea is to let users do this in the project bay.

Copy parameter modulation settings from one parameter to another, anywhere.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 01:39 PM   #4
IXix

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeb View Post
Id need some little GIF To understand What you mean as i AM not with my daw And that is something i Still didnt explore but want Tô in the future. Sounds very useful.
Thanks IX
In the project bay 'FX Parameters' tab, you can see all of the parameters of all the plugins in the project. You can even filter the list so you only see the ones you're interested in. In the list you can see which ones have PM settings, MIDI learn etc.

I'm saying that it would be super sweet if we could drag those settings from one parameter to another to copy them, because setting up several sets of the same modulation is currently a little bit painful.
Old 12-20-2017, 01:24 PM   #5
deeb

this would be really nice!
Old 12-21-2017, 03:10 PM   #6
IXix

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeb View Post
this would be really nice!
Yup, it would indeed be super sweet. Linking a bunch of params to a single parameter or setting up the same LFO modulation on multiple parameters is way to slow as it is. I think drag copying in the project bay would make it much better.
Old 12-22-2017, 05:32 AM   #7
deeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXix View Post
Yup, it would indeed be super sweet. Linking a bunch of params to a single parameter or setting up the same LFO modulation on multiple parameters is way to slow as it is. I think drag copying in the project bay would make it much better.
yep ! and an option "show enabled modulated parameters only " in order make easier to know and manage what is modulated

and another "show visible parameters only" <- other issue, but could help here too, if user makes visible what is modulated by default"

in fact there could be an option to: "make modulated parameters visible automatically"

Last edited by deeb; 12-22-2017 at 04:15 PM.