Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 09-27-2022, 04:04 AM   #1
BenjyO
Human being with feelings

Default [6.68] MIDI editor screenset switching bugs

Hi, here's one of the bugs I was able to reproduce on a fresh portable install of v6.68. I'm posting it as a demonstration of the deeper issues that the windows screensets have.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Open a freshly installed portable Reaper instance
2. Press F11 to make it fullscreen
3. Close the mixer
4. Create a track
5. Draw in a MIDI item and open it in a MIDI editor
6. Dock the MIDI editor
7. Save windows screenset 1 with all options ticked (don't tick the auto-save option though)
8. Undock the MIDI editor and maximize it
9. Save a 2nd screenset with same options as the previous one.
10. Switch to the first screenset with the assigned keyboard shortcut to see that it works properly (the MIDI editor moves to the docker)
11. Switch to the second screenset with the assigned keyboard shortcut to see that iw works properly (the MIDI editor maximizes)
12. Switch back to the first screenset
13. Now undock the MIDI editor
14. Switch to the second screenset
15. Observe how the MIDI editor doesn't go to full screen but is now in a floating window.

I kindly ask you to look into this and other screensets issues where window's positions in dockers aren't remembered and where their docking/floating states aren't remembered. I haven't yet been able to consistently reproduce the issue where the window's position in dockers isn't remembered but it is something that occurs frequently enough that it's annoying and kills the workflow.

I'm on Windows 10 x64 & Reaper x64
Old 09-27-2022, 04:25 AM   #2
BenjyO

Here's another one although very similar to the previous one. Here I went to the options first to mimick what I have set up in my main installation.

I would like Reaper to remember the docking state of the MIDI editor when I switch the screenset even though I undocked it at one point AND vice versa of course. It's really annoying when it behaves like this.
Old 09-28-2022, 12:08 AM   #3
BenjyO

This time with a dual screen set-up (that's my normal set-up) and also on a fresh portable install. See how the MIDI editor is all of a sudden un-maximized when you switch to the 1st screenset and it stays that way even when you switch between screensets without doing anything else:

Btw: LICEcap (running v 1.32) also shows some weird behavior: when you extend the right edge of its window pane over the right edge of the smaller screen (smaller resolution), the window is repositioned ("jumps") to the larger screen (higher res.). That is why the bottom screen (higher resolution) in the above gif is not completely displayed - I couldn't resize LICEcap's window to capture both screens completely because it was constantly "jumping" to the other screen.
Old 10-27-2022, 01:24 AM   #4
BenjyO

Bump
Old 12-27-2022, 03:33 AM   #5
BenjyO

Bump