Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 07-10-2014, 06:35 AM   #1
chromatican
Human being with feelings

Default Tempo changes to recorded MIDI data...

If I'm not clear with explaining this please forgive me. So I recorded about 8 bars of a chord progression at 132 bpm, but to me it sounds a bit faster than I would like, and I was wondering if there was a way to adjust the tempo without recording another take? I like the performance and I already adjusted the note velocities (a tedious undergoing). If there isn't another way, then I'll simply just bite the bullet and re-record it, but I thought I'd ask you guys if there was another possibility before doing so. Thanks!
chromatican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 06:37 AM   #2
Fergler

Either change the tempo for those bars (and the midi item will adjust it's play-rate) or you can manually drag out the end of the item while holding alt to stretch it, ignoring the project tempo.

I'm confused that there might be something more to what you're asking though, if you already knew how to set the tempo to 132 (120 being default) then you probably know how to change the tempo again.
Fergler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 06:57 AM   #3
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergler View Post
I'm confused that there might be something more to what you're asking though, if you already knew how to set the tempo to 132 (120 being default) then you probably know how to change the tempo again.
Yes that's all you've got to do is change the project tempo unless you've used tempo markers for some reason.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 06:22 PM   #4
chromatican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod View Post
Yes that's all you've got to do is change the project tempo unless you've used tempo markers for some reason.
Wow, it was really that simple? I feel dumb now. Thanks! Now, for a follow up, how do I change temp within the song? Say, I want 130 bpm for 8 measures but I want the next 4 to go at 60?
Old 07-10-2014, 09:09 PM   #5
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromatican View Post
Wow, it was really that simple? I feel dumb now. Thanks! Now, for a follow up, how do I change temp within the song? Say, I want 130 bpm for 8 measures but I want the next 4 to go at 60?
Tempo Markers. Check out the manual and look into the actions, there are a lot of tools there.

Make sure you have the latest SWS extensions.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 05:47 PM   #6
chromatican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod View Post
Tempo Markers. Check out the manual and look into the actions, there are a lot of tools there.

Make sure you have the latest SWS extensions.
Bless you sir, that was a big help. Love this community so much, I really appreciate it!!