Old 04-19-2019, 06:48 PM   #1
Oscar Myer
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper and Sample Tank 4 (Solved)

Greetings all...

I'm new here and I'm a newb who's giving Reaper a try. For the most part I'm really liking it. I'm a long time Sonar/Cakewalk by Bandlab user who is just looking for a change. I've heard and watched a lot of stuff pertaining to Reaper and thought I'd give it a go.

The only problem I'm having is getting Reaper to play Sample Tank. When I install a ST instrument on a new track, no sound can be heard. And yes, the track is "armed" to record and the "monitor record" button is pressed.

I've loaded other instruments into Reaper and they work just fine. I literally don't had to touch any settings in order for it to work.

I am also using Addictive Drums and again, no problems.

I'm just wondering if there is anyone here that is using Sample Tank within Reaper. If so, could you post the settings you're using to get it to work properly? It would be so much appreciated!!!

/OM

Last edited by Oscar Myer; 04-20-2019 at 05:08 AM.
Oscar Myer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 08:40 PM   #2
EpicSounds

pretty sure sampletank starts without any sounds loaded so be sure to load a patch.

It's also a multitimbral instrument (many instruments in one) so you may need to adjust your MIDI keyboard channels to match.

Might help to post a screenshot if that's not it
Old 04-20-2019, 05:34 AM   #3
Oscar Myer

I'm so very pleased to announce that I have found the setting that was giving me problems with Reaper and Sample Tank.

It seems that I wasn't designating the proper VST when putting a Sample Tank instrument into Reaper. Instead of using a VSTi I was using a VST3 for the plugin. Now that I've figured it out, everything is running as it should.

I have to say that after playing around with Reaper I just may be a Reaper convert. Everything seems to be simpler to do compared to Cakewalk by Bandlab. That being said, I have been using Cakewalk since version 3 (Twelve Tone Systems) and so I am truly comfortable with it.

I have evaluated other DAWs but never gave them time enough to actually learn how to use them. Reaper is different. Aside from my problem with getting Sample Tank set up, I have found a lot of things are simple and straight forward to do. It also appears to be very stable. I know I still have a lot to learn about it but I have downloaded the manual and intend on doing a lot of reading and watching videos about it. It is actually fun to work with it.

Many thanks for the suggestions. Very much appreciated.

/OM
Old 04-20-2019, 07:50 AM   #4
ivansc

Hey, Mister Weiner! I am also a version 3 Sonar user who baled at 2.5.8. I am running the bandcamp version in parallel with reaper (been with reaper since v1.xxx) and 1.Glad you found the answer 2. Glad to see that Sonar is wearing off on you too. I am trying to like bandcamp but I guess I have gotten too used to doing things the reaper way, plus Reaper`s reliability knocks Sonar into a cocked hat.
Old 04-20-2019, 08:38 AM   #5
Oscar Myer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
Hey, Mister Weiner! I am also a version 3 Sonar user who baled at 2.5.8. I am running the bandcamp version in parallel with reaper (been with reaper since v1.xxx) and 1.Glad you found the answer 2. Glad to see that Sonar is wearing off on you too. I am trying to like bandcamp but I guess I have gotten too used to doing things the reaper way, plus Reaper`s reliability knocks Sonar into a cocked hat.
Yup... I went from Cakewalk version 3 to version 4 and stayed there until version 8/8.5 came out, this version being the first very stable edition IMO.

My next move was to Sonar Platinum and then the free Cakewalk by Bandlab. I have found a couple of quirky things happening over the past couple of weeks which is why I'm taking a serious look at Reaper. From what I've seen so far, it wouldn't take me long to get used to it.

/OM