Old 07-14-2007, 10:30 PM   #1
aldi
Human being with feelings

Default advanced theme Nostromo v0.8

hi,

i'm working on an advanced theme called Nostromo. here's a preview, comments are welcome.

btw, justin: i have made a lot of use of the overlay buttons to get them to the right positions, can't you ad an option to reaper, that it ONLY draws the overlay images when they exist, as drawing the normal buttons is a complete waste of cpu in that case and the normal buttons have to exist too even if it's only a complete transparent png (that's how i managed that at the moment).

edit: now i updated things. uses nearly no overlay (though it worked with them, but now it might save some more cputime) added transport, made recordlight on more different to off state and now you can download the current version here )

Last edited by aldi; 07-16-2007 at 09:20 PM.
aldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 11:08 PM   #2
dminoz

This is looking damn sweet!
Old 07-15-2007, 12:07 AM   #3
dungbeetle

This is looking good Aldi.

Nice'n'easy on the eye.

I particularly like how the selected track's colour is only partly changed. Subtle so it doesn't change the overall character but still effective.

Is there a way you could make the 'record armed' buttons stand out a bit more when they are active? Maybe make the 'unarmed' ones a little darker or something.

"In the hopes of reaching the moon, men fail to see the flowers that blossom at their feet." - Albert Schweitzer

Last edited by dungbeetle; 07-15-2007 at 12:13 AM.
dungbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 02:17 AM   #4
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Nice Job!

On the subject of the overlays... hopefully someone who knows their ones from their zeros will give you a full explaination (that certainly isn't me) but Justin did have very good reasons for using this method.

Are you not getting any redraw or z-ordering problems? If not then that's deeply cool; could we have an in-progress version to play with please?

From an artistic point of view, giving the user the option to easily jump in and trash the overlays if they want things simplified is one plus of using them.
White Tie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 05:00 AM   #5
P. Rene

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldi View Post
hi,

i'm working on an advanced theme called Nostromo. here's a preview, comments are welcome.

btw, justin: i have made a lot of use of the overlay buttons to get them to the right positions, can't you ad an option to reaper, that it ONLY draws the overlay images when they exist, as drawing the normal buttons is a complete waste of cpu in that case and the normal buttons have to exist too even if it's only a complete transparent png (that's how i managed that at the moment).

now this would be my stock in osx

Support our hiphop www.myspace.com/ktrakz
My reapers lairhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfLKU5Df-cE
P. Rene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 06:18 AM   #6
aldi

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tie View Post
Nice Job!

On the subject of the overlays... hopefully someone who knows their ones from their zeros will give you a full explaination (that certainly isn't me) but Justin did have very good reasons for using this method.

Are you not getting any redraw or z-ordering problems? If not then that's deeply cool; could we have an in-progress version to play with please?

From an artistic point of view, giving the user the option to easily jump in and trash the overlays if they want things simplified is one plus of using them.
thx, i can see you discuss that way back with justin. so ok, i'll try to do it with normal buttons and only overlys where they are badly needed and stop asking for that feature i haven't run into problems till now though.

i attached currently existing pngs and the sources (i use realdraw 4 to create them)

Last edited by aldi; 07-16-2007 at 09:27 PM.
aldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 08:43 AM   #7
fluffy

Keep it up, this looks great!!
Old 07-15-2007, 01:34 PM   #8
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Thanks for posting the files, its looking good and it doesn't seem to be suffering any ill effects for your method. So ...er... I'm not really sure what to say, other than to be sparing with the overlays 'just in case'
White Tie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 04:52 PM   #9
teej813

nice, aldi!

tj