Old 08-31-2022, 10:33 AM   #41
jnorman34
Human being with feelings

I just got a babyface pro fs, and am trying to understand snapshots. Is there a way to recall a snapshot directly from the unit, or do I have to open totalmix and do it there?
jnorman34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 06:44 AM   #42
Miscreant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnorman34 View Post
I just got a babyface pro fs, and am trying to understand snapshots. Is there a way to recall a snapshot directly from the unit, or do I have to open totalmix and do it there?
I don't know about the UFX, but on my FF800 you can use snapshots only via TotalMix. All snapshots are are saved mixes in TotalMix: say in Snapshot 1 you want your A monitors on, but on Snapshot 2 you want your B monitors on.
Miscreant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 11:08 PM   #43
jnorman34

I have a new babyface, and am trying to get an SPDIF signal from my clarett 4 pre into the ADAT input of the babyface. I have a lispdif to ADAT/toslink converter, so I have a coax cable for the SPDIF out of the focusrite into the converter, then an optical cable from the converter to the ADAT input of the babyface. The clarett is sending signal out of the SPDIF out, and the babyface shows a green light for opt input, so it sees something, but I am not passing any signal to the daw.
Maybe I am missing something in the settings in totalmix? What else could I be missing?
Thanks.
jnorman34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 12:38 AM   #44
EcBaPr

make sure you have the ADAT device set to follow the digital clock from the BF or vice versa if you have BF set to external clock.. match the sample rates also..
EcBaPr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 03:31 AM   #45
inthevoid

To anyone coming across this thread that just wants a simple AHK script to send F4-F8 to TotalMix, even if minimised or not in focus, this works:

Code:
#NoEnv ; Recommended for performance
; #Warn ; Enable warnings
SendMode Input ;
SetWorkingDir, %A_ScriptDir% ;

F4::
ControlSend, AfxFrameOrView140s1, {F4}, ahk_exe TotalMixFX.exe
return

F5::
ControlSend, AfxFrameOrView140s1, {F5}, ahk_exe TotalMixFX.exe
return

F6::
ControlSend, AfxFrameOrView140s1, {F6}, ahk_exe TotalMixFX.exe
return

F7::
ControlSend, AfxFrameOrView140s1, {F7}, ahk_exe TotalMixFX.exe
return

F8::
ControlSend, AfxFrameOrView140s1, {F8}, ahk_exe TotalMixFX.exe
return

Last edited by inthevoid; 03-30-2023 at 03:56 AM.
inthevoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 04:10 AM   #46
Coachz

There's also a cool volume control that we use the media keys on the keyboard and includes the mute button and the volume up and down.

https://github.com/fgimian/totalmix-volume-control
Coachz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2023, 12:28 PM   #47
Scoox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miscreant View Post
I am also using the ARC USB as a remote controller
Is there a MIDI implementation chart somewhere on the net for the RME ARC USB? I ask on RME forums but MC directly said RME does not support anything other than TM FX. Fair enough. I need a device that can control TM FX and Genelec GLM simultaneously. Specifically I want to assign 3 buttons on the ARC to switch GLM profiles, and the rest to control TM FX. On Windows I can use third-party software to allow multiple MIDI clients to use the same MIDI device simultaneously. GLM only understands MIDI CC, and I don't know if ARC sends CC or SysEx or what. Any configurable generic MIDI controller would fit the bill but the ARC form factor really appeals to me. I was wondering if you have inspected the MIDI output of the ARC, and maybe cast some light on this as RME don't seem too keen on providing this information.
Scoox is offline   Reply With Quote