Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old Today, 05:18 PM   #3241
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Yes, if you don't have TrackSelection or FocusFX involved, you should be able to uncheck Synch Zones Across Surfaces on the C4.
Ah, I see. It's the TrackSelection that prevents this from working.

I was just trying to get the send splay on the MCU separate from the C4, so that if it was triggered (ToggleShouldMapSends) on the C4, it would splay on the C4 but not on the MCU (and vice versa)

Most of the time I'd be happy with sends on rotaries on the C4, keeping out of the way of channels on the MCU. But for FX rides to automation, you have to have faders, not least for the touch sensitivity.

If the MCU is going to splay the sends onto faders all the time or not at all, I'll probably go with all the time and forget about the C4 for sends.

The other thought I had (actually before the whole send thing was working) was to dedicate an XT to sends permanently and just let it follow the track selection. Had the same thought about VCA masters...

Like I said before, that's the trouble with CSI- too many darn possibilities
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:36 PM   #3242
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Ah, I see. It's the TrackSelection that prevents this from working.

I was just trying to get the send splay on the MCU separate from the C4, so that if it was triggered (ToggleShouldMapSends) on the C4, it would splay on the C4 but not on the MCU (and vice versa)

Most of the time I'd be happy with sends on rotaries on the C4, keeping out of the way of channels on the MCU. But for FX rides to automation, you have to have faders, not least for the touch sensitivity.

If the MCU is going to splay the sends onto faders all the time or not at all, I'll probably go with all the time and forget about the C4 for sends.
You should be able to uncheck Synch Zones Across Surfaces on the C4 and the MCU and using GoZone and GoSubZone instead of ToggleShouldMapSends, I think that should work.

ToggleShouldMapSends is a global thing like TrackSelection and FXFocus.

Quote:
The other thought I had (actually before the whole send thing was working) was to dedicate an XT to sends permanently and just let it follow the track selection. Had the same thought about VCA masters...

Like I said before, that's the trouble with CSI- too many darn possibilities
Well, now we're talkin' Pages, don't forget about them
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:43 PM   #3243
MixMonkey

Quote:
You should be able to uncheck Synch Zones Across Surfaces on the C4 and the MCU and using GoZone and GoSubZone instead of ToggleShouldMapSends, I think that should work.

ToggleShouldMapSends is a global thing like TrackSelection and FXFocus.

Well, now we're talkin' Pages, don't forget about them
doh! totally forgot about Pages. Page 1 = sends on C4, Page 2 = sends on MCU. Too easy

I think i'll stick that in in my back pocket and give the Zone/SubZone a try first. Important to get to grips with the whole Zone thing.
Old Today, 05:48 PM   #3244
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
doh! totally forgot about Pages. Page 1 = sends on C4, Page 2 = sends on MCU. Too easy

I think i'll stick that in in my back pocket and give the Zone/SubZone a try first. Important to get to grips with the whole Zone thing.
Cool !!

Thought about it a bit, ToggleShouldMapSends should constrain to the surface that sent it, unless Synch Zones is checked.

Another words, it's a bug, you should be able to use ToggleShouldMapSends to get the results you want once I fix it
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:56 PM   #3245
MixMonkey

Quote:
Cool !!

Thought about it a bit, ToggleShouldMapSends should constrain to the surface that sent it, unless Synch Zones is checked.

Another words, it's a bug, you should be able to use ToggleShouldMapSends to get the results you want once I fix it
That'd be great Maybe think about changing its name to ToggleWILLMapSends (or just ToggleMapSends)