Old 10-27-2015, 05:14 PM   #1
acintya
Human being with feelings

Default A small mixer with balanced inputs.

I need a mixer with balanced input to connect from: my balanced output from soundcard to the balancet input in a mixer. I need a small mixer but I see most of them have only unbalanced inputs.

Would it be ok if I connect my soundcard to channel 1 and 2 on this Yamaha MG6 mixer in the picture above or is this input only for the microphone and cd player?

Can anyone recommend a small mixer around 100-150€ which has at least three balanced inputs?
acintya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 05:42 PM   #2
zyisrad

The Mackie VLZ line has always had Balanced inputs. I haven't had too much luck with keeping them in 100% working condition as with the 3 boards I've owned there have been issues with the pots and whole channels breaking. But you get what you pay for. Maybe they've gotten better?

But it's fine to use a TS cable with balanced inputs/outputs; unless you're trying to cover a really long distance and/or you don't have properly shielded cables.
zyisrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 06:53 PM   #3
acintya

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyisrad View Post
The Mackie VLZ line has always had Balanced inputs. I haven't had too much luck with keeping them in 100% working condition as with the 3 boards I've owned there have been issues with the pots and whole channels breaking. But you get what you pay for. Maybe they've gotten better?

But it's fine to use a TS cable with balanced inputs/outputs; unless you're trying to cover a really long distance and/or you don't have properly shielded cables.
so i does not mather if I use TRS or TS cables?
I wanted to buy a 2 TRS cables and route them from the balanced output from my soundcard to this mixer I will buy. If I am not wrong here on this Yamaha mixer the first two channels are balanced ----- so I can use them for the soundcard input? (because in the manual it says the first two channels are for microphones, gutars and cd-players etc...) ?? i dont need the mic inputs on this mixer so it does not mather if I loose them --- i just want to know if this is a good setup?

and then I go from XLR output from the mixer to XLR balanced input on my monitors

I need a mixer only because I want to connect a PC, TV and Bluray player all to one acive studio monitors and subwoofer. So I need at least 6 i 2o mixer and the YAMAHA MG06X could be the real deal. OR?
Old 10-27-2015, 07:30 PM   #4
cyrano

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkonis View Post
I need a mixer only because I want to connect a PC, TV and Bluray player all to one acive studio monitors and subwoofer. So I need at least 6 i 2o mixer and the YAMAHA MG06X could be the real deal. OR?
You probably want some audio isolation transformers between the TV and the mixer. And possibly between the PC and the mixer too.

Both sources are renowned for their ability to create groundloops.
cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 07:45 PM   #5
acintya

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano View Post
You probably want some audio isolation transformers between the TV and the mixer. And possibly between the PC and the mixer too.

Both sources are renowned for their ability to create groundloops.
I spent 1 week on this subject and I think I have no more power. Just want a solution for 150€. :\

it is exausting
Old 10-28-2015, 08:01 AM   #7
kirk1701

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkonis View Post
I spent 1 week on this subject and I think I have no more power. Just want a solution for 150€. :\

it is exausting
I have an Alesis Multimix 4usb that I'm not using. I'm in Canada, so it may not be worth your while, but it'd be under 150 euros anyway. Would this suit your needs?

http://www.alesis.com/multimix4usb