Old 01-11-2006, 09:17 AM   #1
foreverain4
Human being with feelings

Default so, wheres the midi?

well, where is it? i dont see anything other than being able to choose and input device.
foreverain4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 12:29 PM   #2
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverain4
well, where is it? i dont see anything other than being able to choose and input device.
Create a track, record arm it, choose a MIDI input as its input, set monitoring on, add a VSTi plug-in to the track's effect list, and so on.. you can also drag midi files into the track, or record midi files, etc...

-Justin
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 03:22 PM   #3
foreverain4

cool, will give it a go tonight.
foreverain4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 03:55 PM   #4
scum

can something like this be done with trollo, cause i got nothing else to rec midi?
scum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 06:19 AM   #5
malcolmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin
Create a track, record arm it, choose a MIDI input as its input, set monitoring on, add a VSTi plug-in to the track's effect list, and so on.. you can also drag midi files into the track, or record midi files, etc...

-Justin
Hi Justin,

I got REAPER up and running on my standard XP machine and have been trying to get MIDI working. I can add VST plugins and receive MIDI and monitor the input, but when I try to record no data appears to be recorded. I end up with an extremely short item in the track located somewhere near where I start playing. If I try to extend the length of the item I get an "OFFLINE" message.

If I select "Item Properties --> Source Properties" I get a "File not found" message, but if I browse to the indicated directory I can see a midi file with the corresponding name.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Cheers,

Malcolm.
malcolmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 09:09 PM   #6
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmj
Hi Justin,

I got REAPER up and running on my standard XP machine and have been trying to get MIDI working. I can add VST plugins and receive MIDI and monitor the input, but when I try to record no data appears to be recorded. I end up with an extremely short item in the track located somewhere near where I start playing. If I try to extend the length of the item I get an "OFFLINE" message.

If I select "Item Properties --> Source Properties" I get a "File not found" message, but if I browse to the indicated directory I can see a midi file with the corresponding name.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Cheers,

Malcolm.
Can you try playing the midi file in another application, and see if it plays there? I'll narrow down if it's the MIDI reader or writer that is messing up

-Justin
Old 01-16-2006, 02:14 AM   #7
malcolmj

Hi Justin,

The midi files that REAPER created opened fine in FL Studio. It looks like it's the reader.

Cheers,

Malcolm.
malcolmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 03:03 AM   #8
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmj
Hi Justin,

The midi files that REAPER created opened fine in FL Studio. It looks like it's the reader.

Cheers,

Malcolm.
OK, thanks! Funny that they seem to record OK for me, mind sending me the problematic files?

-Justin