Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 05-27-2021, 01:00 PM   #1361
helgoboss
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartley Mays View Post
I'm hoping to set up some mappings for fx parameters that can be used without change for different tracks that use the same VSTi by using the Selected Track option.

I choose FX Parameter as the target, with Selected Track.

On the FX, I use By Position. With position set as 1, (which I take to mean the first FX on the chain), I get a list of numbered main parms in the Parameter dropdown, when By Position is used again there. However, if I set the first By Position to 2, it doesn't present this list and says it requires an fx name. I don't understand why it doesn't present the same list as it does for position 1?

The particular use case I have in mind is to use the same set of mappings for multiple instances of Kontakt multis, with Reaticulate first on the fx chain followed by Kontakt. (A possible workaround might be to have Reat on a separate track with its output routed to the Kontakt Multi track so it would be in the first position.)
You are right, the GUI is not optimal for this use case. It would be consequent to also show a text field for "Parameter: By position" - just as with "Track" and "FX". Then you could enter a position (e.g. 1) for any hypothetical parameter that you want to control. The reason why I display a dropdown showing the actual parameter is that there's no "By ID" selector for FX parameters - because FX parameters are ALWAYS and referred to via position. It would be not very user-friendly to totally drop the possibility to select parameters via dropdown.

However, there are 2 workarounds you can use:

1. Use "Parameter: <Dynamic>" instead of "Parameter: By position". This will offer a text field. Important: In this field 0 refers to the first parameter, not 1.

2. Use "Parameter: <Position>" and make sure that *while setting up the parameters* you have a track selected that really contains all the plug-ins that you want to target. Then your plan will work as intended.
helgoboss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 04:05 PM   #1362
TabbyCat

I have 2 different controllers (Steinberg CC121 and MIDI Fighter Twister). I have two different ReaLearn instances on the Monitoring FX bus, one for each hardware device. The CC121 is mostly DAW controls - vol, pan, etc. and the MFT handles all the plugin mapping.

The exception is for EQ - the CC121 has a dedicated EQ control section. The problem I am trying to solve: if I set ReaLearn to auto-load the corresponding EQ preset for the CC121 on plugin focus, the MFT picks it up as well. Put differently, I am trying to prevent auto-load from pushing that main compartment preset to all instances, and therefore to all HW devices.

I could use the "by name" selector for the EQ plugin, instead of auto-loading an entire preset - but "by name" can't address multiple instances on the same track - and unfortunately I do sometimes need both a pre-EQ and post-EQ in certain plugin chains.

I feel there is a solution on the configuration side that my tired brain is missing - any suggestions appreciated!
TabbyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 03:02 PM   #1363
helgoboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabbyCat View Post
I have 2 different controllers (Steinberg CC121 and MIDI Fighter Twister). I have two different ReaLearn instances on the Monitoring FX bus, one for each hardware device. The CC121 is mostly DAW controls - vol, pan, etc. and the MFT handles all the plugin mapping.

The exception is for EQ - the CC121 has a dedicated EQ control section. The problem I am trying to solve: if I set ReaLearn to auto-load the corresponding EQ preset for the CC121 on plugin focus, the MFT picks it up as well. Put differently, I am trying to prevent auto-load from pushing that main compartment preset to all instances, and therefore to all HW devices.

I could use the "by name" selector for the EQ plugin, instead of auto-loading an entire preset - but "by name" can't address multiple instances on the same track - and unfortunately I do sometimes need both a pre-EQ and post-EQ in certain plugin chains.

I feel there is a solution on the configuration side that my tired brain is missing - any suggestions appreciated!
So you have both instances set to "Auto-load: Depending on focused FX"? Well, then both instances will follow the focused FX, there's no way around that - there can only be one focused FX. Let me know what you are trying to achieve here, in particular what the MFT is supposed to control while the EQ is focused. Maybe I can come with an idea or identify the feature that ReaLearn would need to support your scenario.
Old 06-02-2021, 05:03 PM   #1364
TabbyCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by helgoboss View Post
both instances will follow the focused FX, there's no way around that [ ... ] Let me know what you are trying to achieve here
Thanks for having a look and sorry if I was unclear, no more posting when I'm tired lol. What I am trying to do:
1) The CC121 should grab the focused instance of the EQ. The CC121 should never control any plugins other than the EQ, but it does need to be the focused EQ, and the possibility exists that there may be more than one instance of the EQ on the same track.

2) The MFT should control every plugin - other than the EQ - that I map, also following focus. The MFT doesn't need to do anything while the EQ is focused, I'll never edit two plugins at once.
For some reason I thought that the EQ mapping would be tied only to the hardware port assignment in that particular instance, but of course all instances respond to auto-load (because it's tied to the plugin filename, and nothing about the instance it was created in).

I realized a solution: I could simply change the actual CC assignments on the MFT using the MFT hardware utility, ensuring they are all different from the CC121 - then there would be no collisions. The EQ mappings would be sent out on both ports but only the CC121 would "see" it. That's a reasonable solution for me, so you don't need to reply unless you can think of another way
Old 06-03-2021, 04:38 AM   #1365
ejanejarr

I'm drooling for this plugin because of the projection app but couldn't it be integrated in the plugin interface?
ejanejarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 01:30 PM   #1366
helgoboss

Quote:
Thanks for having a look and sorry if I was unclear, no more posting when I'm tired lol. What I am trying to do:
1) The CC121 should grab the focused instance of the EQ. The CC121 should never control any plugins other than the EQ, but it does need to be the focused EQ, and the possibility exists that there may be more than one instance of the EQ on the same track.

2) The MFT should control every plugin - other than the EQ - that I map, also following focus. The MFT doesn't need to do anything while the EQ is focused, I'll never edit two plugins at once.
For some reason I thought that the EQ mapping would be tied only to the hardware port assignment in that particular instance, but of course all instances respond to auto-load (because it's tied to the plugin filename, and nothing about the instance it was created in).

I realized a solution: I could simply change the actual CC assignments on the MFT using the MFT hardware utility, ensuring they are all different from the CC121 - then there would be no collisions. The EQ mappings would be sent out on both ports but only the CC121 would "see" it. That's a reasonable solution for me, so you don't need to reply unless you can think of another way
I think you would need a new feature: Being able to define which FX-to-preset links to enable and which not (on a per-instance basis).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejanejarr View Post
I'm drooling for this plugin because of the projection app but couldn't it be integrated in the plugin interface?
That would be rather difficult technically or even impossible. In my opinion not worth the trouble because if you want to see the projection, then having a larger separate window is usually desirable anyway. Plus, the primary use case is mobile device projection.

One thing I'm planning to improve for desktop usage at some point is to open the projection as an app as opposed to within the browser.
Old 06-04-2021, 12:57 AM   #1367
ejanejarr

Quote:
One thing I'm planning to improve for desktop usage at some point is to open the projection as an app as opposed to within the browser.
If that means having the app window always visible without having to resize Reaper, yes please. That would be integration enough for me.
ejanejarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 06:18 AM   #1368
tompad

Quote:
Quote:

If that means having the app window always visible without having to resize Reaper, yes please. That would be integration enough for me.
+1 Would love it!
Old 06-04-2021, 07:50 AM   #1369
helgoboss

Quote:
That doesn't necessary mean that, but I could probably add a function that keeps the window on top of everything else.

As an alternative/workaround, know your OS: E.g. on Windows, you can use something like "DeskPins" or "TurboTop" to keep any window on top of everything else. I'm sure macOS has similar features/utilities.
Old 06-04-2021, 08:59 AM   #1370
foxAsteria

Hey helgo, I (finally) made a small donation...*fingers crossed for full clip implementation* Ahem, thanks for all your work and support on this tremendously useful plugin!
Old 06-05-2021, 09:37 AM   #1371
EarBud

Default Override "All Notes Off" Command?

Hello,

A ReaLearn newbe here. I've used ReaLearn to map my desired sliders to the basic performance controls (CC#1, CC#11, CC#17, etc.) of my Kontakt instrument.

However, these are capacitance-type sliders (not physical pots), and whenever I remove my finger from a "slider" it generates an "All Notes Off" command which immediately returns the slider value to zero (I verified this by inserting ReaControl into the chain and looking at the logging results). I have no dedicated software for this controller.

I need the value to stay where it is when I remove my finger from the control. Is there a way for ReaLearn (or ReaControl) to tell the controller not to generate the "All Notes Off" command at the end of a particular mapping (or keep it from being recognized)?

Thanks.
EarBud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 03:20 PM   #1372
EarBud

Default Problem Solved

No need for anyone to reply.

Adjusting the mapping of the "Jump" values fixed the problem.

Thanks for a very useful plugin!
EarBud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 05:22 PM   #1373
foxAsteria

SWS: Toolbar Arm/Mute/Solo Toggle Actions don't receive feedback when they should (when arming/soloing/muting any track).

Could polling be used for this or is it better a feature request for ReaLearn to support anymute/anysolo directly?
Old 06-07-2021, 01:03 PM   #1374
Ketiw

Default Relearn focuses only the first FX in the chain

Hello, I'm trying to map my plugins to a midicontroller using realearn. The problem I'm having is that relearn controls only the first FX on the first track. Does anybody have an idea what I am doing wrong? Thanks for any advice.
Ketiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 05:27 PM   #1375
foxAsteria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketiw View Post
Does anybody have an idea what I am doing wrong? Thanks for any advice.
Not reading the manual would be my guess. Look up "targets" in there and you should have a better idea how to do what you want. You can target fx by name, instance, position in the chain etc.
Old 06-08-2021, 11:18 AM   #1376
Ketiw

Oh, you're right. Thank you for your hint. The problem is that when I save a preset for a plugin it does not ask me whether I want to make it project-independent. I looked into the manual but I cannot find any way to convert presets into project-independent. The only way I found is to edit every single mapping, but that is quite tedious. Is there a way to convert already existing preset to project-independent? And if so, can realearn do it for me by default? Thanks for any ideas!
Ketiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 12:24 PM   #1377
helgoboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketiw View Post
Oh, you're right. Thank you for your hint. The problem is that when I save a preset for a plugin it does not ask me whether I want to make it project-independent. I looked into the manual but I cannot find any way to convert presets into project-independent. The only way I found is to edit every single mapping, but that is quite tedious. Is there a way to convert already existing preset to project-independent? And if so, can realearn do it for me by default? Thanks for any ideas!
It only asks you that if you have project-dependent mappings. In your case you have not, because you probably refer to FX, track and stuff by position. My guess is you have ReaLearn on the monitoring FX chain in which case "By position" is the default. Build your mappings in a ReaLearn instance that you put on your track and the tutorial should work. As written before, this is something I somehow want to improve in future. But not much time now.
Old 06-08-2021, 05:11 PM   #1378
onewayout

Quote:
A lot has happened since the initial release of ReaLearn. Since v1.10.0, the latest version can always be found on GitHub.
Cheers
Benjamin
Hi helgoboss,

I sent this to another developer who I thought created your script by mistake....Could you take a look at it and tell me if it is possible to use with my CLA mixhub?

https://youtu.be/icHd0Hm8iu4

Thx, Jeff
Old 06-09-2021, 01:17 AM   #1379
baldo

Default Alesis v mini

Hello !

I can't get led feedback to work on my alesis V mini with the amazing Realearn !

I found out that the alesis V mini pads, can be switch on/off with the same midi note (what is called symetric behaviour ?) :
- pressing pad 1 on the v mini send channel 1 note 36 to reaper
- sending channel 1 note 36 to v mini switch on/off light of pad 1 (note on = light, note off = no light)

However, for some reason, I can't make it work ! When enabling feedback, the pad is switch on but keep being "on" no matter the state of the target.

Any idea ?

I tried a bunch of different settings, and it doesn't work...
baldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 05:43 PM   #1380
TabbyCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldo View Post
Hello !

[...]
However, for some reason, I can't make it work ! When enabling feedback, the pad is switch on but keep being "on" no matter the state of the target.

Any idea ?
Try this: for the pad in question, press Edit (next to Duplicate, Remove, Learn Source, etc) to bring up the advanced screen for that assignment.

In the lower left there's an entry called "For knobs/faders and buttons (control only)" - change the Mode from 'Normal' to 'Toggle."
Old 06-10-2021, 02:02 AM   #1381
baldo

Quote:
Try this: for the pad in question, press Edit (next to Duplicate, Remove, Learn Source, etc) to bring up the advanced screen for that assignment.

In the lower left there's an entry called "For knobs/faders and buttons (control only)" - change the Mode from 'Normal' to 'Toggle."
I already tried this. Still the same strange behaviour : the pad is switched on no matter what. If I disable feedback and press the pad, it switches off and stay off. Now enabling feedback again, it switches on and stays on.
Yet, if I close realearn and send midi note 36 channel 1 to the port, it switches on when note on, and switches off when note off... I don't get the issue.
Old 06-10-2021, 05:21 AM   #1382
soulaccess

Default Text not showing in companion web app

I tried out the amazing projection feature today. So far everything worked fine, except the companion web app doesn‘t show any text (see screenshot) It shows the names of the knobs when in edit mode, but not in normal use.
Most probably it‘s an error on my side, I would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.
BTW I tested the web app on iPhone, iPad and on a MacBook with the same result.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg B66A96A6-A6D0-4DA1-B799-D92E884AA162.jpeg (26.6 KB, 93 views)
soulaccess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 06:24 AM   #1383
Hartley Mays

Default Question about Groups

I started experimenting with the Grouping feature today, and have a question about how to use it. I assumed from reading about it that one purpose was setting up "building blocks" of mappings which could be selected and combined into a specific preset. However, from testing so far, it seems that all the groups defined stay active whether they are selected to be displayed in the mapping screen or not. Is there a way to use it this way, or is it not an intended use? When I tried the "remove" option to take a group out of the current preset, it assumes I want to completely delete that group and move its mappings elsewhere.

Also, a minor complaint about the mapping GUI: the vertical slider goes back to the top every time a change is made from the context menu to move the mapping to another group rather than maintain its position as you work your way down the mappings.
Hartley Mays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 09:05 AM   #1384
helgoboss

Quote:
Hello !

I can't get led feedback to work on my alesis V mini with the amazing Realearn !

I found out that the alesis V mini pads, can be switch on/off with the same midi note (what is called symetric behaviour ?) :
- pressing pad 1 on the v mini send channel 1 note 36 to reaper
- sending channel 1 note 36 to v mini switch on/off light of pad 1 (note on = light, note off = no light)

Any idea ?

I tried a bunch of different settings, and it doesn't work...
Right click the header panel and enable logging of outgoing messages. Check what ReaLearn sends, then you will be able to analyze in detail why it doesn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulaccess View Post
I tried out the amazing projection feature today. So far everything worked fine, except the companion web app doesn‘t show any text (see screenshot) It shows the names of the knobs when in edit mode, but not in normal use.
Most probably it‘s an error on my side, I would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.
BTW I tested the web app on iPhone, iPad and on a MacBook with the same result.
You need to learn some main mappings first (with virtual sources). The projection shows the names of the main mappings, otherwise it would be pointless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartley Mays View Post
I started experimenting with the Grouping feature today, and have a question about how to use it. I assumed from reading about it that one purpose was setting up "building blocks" of mappings which could be selected and combined into a specific preset. However, from testing so far, it seems that all the groups defined stay active whether they are selected to be displayed in the mapping screen or not. Is there a way to use it this way, or is it not an intended use? When I tried the "remove" option to take a group out of the current preset, it assumes I want to completely delete that group and move its mappings elsewhere.

Also, a minor complaint about the mapping GUI: the vertical slider goes back to the top every time a change is made from the context menu to move the mapping to another group rather than maintain its position as you work your way down the mappings.
That's not the intended use. Groups are just to organize mappings within one preset.
Old 06-10-2021, 01:27 PM   #1385
ChadNebri

Default Issue with MIDI feedback for Platform M+ motorized faders

First off, just wanted to say thank you for your amazing work. I was literally working for 18hours straight trying to figure out a way to map my automation reliably to my new Platform M+!

Second, I'm having a bit of trouble getting Realearn to work with the Platform M+'s motorized faders.My workflow involves saving different instrument track templates so I can quickload them on the fly when I need them. That being said, I set up an instance of Realearn on every single kind of instrument-- so I might have 5 or 6 instances of Spitfire Audio Abbey Road and Realearn on one project. I don't know if this is the best way to go about doing this, by the way, but I figured I'm going to be using realearn on all my projects to trigger the same parameters for each respective instrument (expression, dynamics, etc), so I guess that's this is the way to do it (?).

The issue I'm having is that I can separate the different instances of Realearn. When I try to record automation for a second track, the faders lock onto the automation from the first track, leaving me unable to write a second or third automation.

How my Platform M+ is set up: When I turn it on, I hit "select" on Channel 1, which is essentially the "Reaper Daw" mode. I don't have the lcd screen, so I'm pretty much operating this thing blind, and I'm very new to it.

How my Reaper Preferences are set up: The Platform M+ is enabled for MIDI input and Track Output

How my Reaper tracks are set up: Realearn is the first "instrument" on the track, followed by Reaticulate.jsfx, then my Spitfire Audio Abbey Road One instrument.

How I set up Realearn:

-Control input: "<Fx input> (no support for MIDI clock sources)"

-Feedback output: "0. Platform M+ V2. 15"

-Controller Compartment: I selected the iCON Platform M+ Controller preset

-Main Compartment: I added 4 mappings -- Expression, Dynamics, Reverb, Release, and Tightness. I also clicked Save as... hit yes, then configured the Auto-load settings to "Depending on focused FX"

--> I then save the preset and when it asks me if I want to make it project specific, I hit "yes".

For Autoload, I click on "Depending on focused fx"

Last edited by ChadNebri; 06-10-2021 at 02:24 PM.
ChadNebri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 02:25 AM   #1386
soulaccess

Quote:
You need to learn some main mappings first (with virtual sources). The projection shows the names of the main mappings, otherwise it would be pointless.
Thanks a lot, that was it. Because I created the main mappings first and then created the controller mapping only when I tried the projection feature, my main mappings still contained (and worked with) the absolute sources.
soulaccess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 02:54 PM   #1387
MusicIsMedicine

Default NRPN ?

Hi Helgoboss,

In regards to NRPN, I have a controller with endless knobs that sends CC96 for data increment and CC97 for data decrement.

The full message for increment is (CC99, CC98, [CC96], CC99, CC98), and for decrement it is (CC99, CC98, [CC97], CC99, CC98).

Would it be possible for you to add receiving of this type to ReaLearn?

Sincerely
James
MusicIsMedicine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 09:44 AM   #1388
helgoboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadNebri View Post
The issue I'm having is that I can separate the different instances of Realearn. When I try to record automation for a second track, the faders lock onto the automation from the first track, leaving me unable to write a second or third automation.
Having multiple ReaLearn instances is fine in general and in your case probably the right thing because you want to always combine one ReaLearn instance with a VST instrument and reuse this "couple" multiple times. It's also correct that you use control input <FX input> in this case because you are treating ReaLearn as a kind of "insert" effect. Great!

What I don't understand is why you use the "Auto-load" feature. Do you really want to load a different preset depending on what FX is currently focused? How does this make sense combined with the idea of always coupling one ReaLearn instance with a VST instrument? Mmh, could be that I don't understand your use case yet ... I think it's the best if you describe in simple words what you want to do, without even mentioning ReaLearn.

Concerning separating the different instances: By default, all mappings (and all instances) in ReaLearn are active. If you assign targets to the same hardware faders, e.g. in multiple instances, one fader will control many things at once! And if you don't disable feedback for some mappings, the different mappings will "fight with each other" to get the motor fader's attention. One way to solve this is to use <FX input> - as you do - and make sure that only one of these tracks is ever armed. Another way is to use the "Track must be selected" condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadNebri View Post
How my Platform M+ is set up: When I turn it on, I hit "select" on Channel 1, which is essentially the "Reaper Daw" mode. I don't have the lcd screen, so I'm pretty much operating this thing blind, and I'm very new to it.
Please follow the instructions in the user guide for the Platform M+! Otherwise it might not work correctly. It says: Please start the device in "Mackie" control mode (channel 1 since firmware version 2).

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulaccess View Post
Thanks a lot, that was it. Because I created the main mappings first and then created the controller mapping only when I tried the projection feature, my main mappings still contained (and worked with) the absolute sources.
Yeah, ran into this situation myself a few times. One day I might add a feature which converts the real (absolute) sources to virtual sources automatically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicIsMedicine View Post
Hi Helgoboss,

In regards to NRPN, I have a controller with endless knobs that sends CC96 for data increment and CC97 for data decrement.

The full message for increment is (CC99, CC98, [CC96], CC99, CC98), and for decrement it is (CC99, CC98, [CC97], CC99, CC98).

Would it be possible for you to add receiving of this type to ReaLearn?

Sincerely
James
Ah nice, some more NRPN in the wild. Yes, I could add this. Please open an issue on GitHub! Thanks.
Old 06-12-2021, 11:05 AM   #1389
MusicIsMedicine

Quote:
Ah nice, some more NRPN in the wild. Yes, I could add this. Please open an issue on GitHub! Thanks.
Awesome! Thank you so much.

I just pasted to this github issue (NRPN #385) what I posted here, hope thats ok, need any more info just let me know.
MusicIsMedicine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 06:29 AM   #1390
onewayout

Hi Everyone,

The more I look at the power of REALEARN the more I think this could be done....But I just cannot find the menus to make this work...could anyone take a look at it and tell me if it is possible to use with my CLA mixhub?

Thx, Jeff
Old 06-13-2021, 08:08 AM   #1391
helgoboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewayout View Post
Hi Everyone,

The more I look at the power of REALEARN the more I think this could be done....But I just cannot find the menus to make this work...could anyone take a look at it and tell me if it is possible to use with my CLA mixhub?

Thx, Jeff
Sorry, I somehow overlooked your post. Never saw this kind of plug-in but tried it and made it work.

So I guess you have one instance of this Waves plug-in on each track. I assume you want that a fader/knob on your controller always controls the same parameter (e.g. MIC) - but it should only target the plug-in instance on the track that you have currently selected. I also assume that you want this to work even if the Waves plug-in GUI is closed. Correct?

All you need is one ReaLearn instance, on master track FX, monitoring FX or a dedicated track and add one mapping whose target section looks like this: https://i.imgur.com/ZPdnkhk.png. The most important ingredient here is the Track "<Selected>" and the FX "By name".

Alternative: You can achieve the same by putting ReaLearn on EACH track, set Track to "<This>" and enabled "Track must be selected" - but that's more unnecessary effort.
Old 06-13-2021, 08:34 AM   #1392
onewayout

Quote:
Sorry, I somehow overlooked your post. Never saw this kind of plug-in but tried it and made it work.

So I guess you have one instance of this Waves plug-in on each track. I assume you want that a fader/knob on your controller always controls the same parameter (e.g. MIC) - but it should only target the plug-in instance on the track that you have currently selected. I also assume that you want this to work even if the Waves plug-in GUI is closed. Correct?

All you need is one ReaLearn instance, on master track FX, monitoring FX or a dedicated track and add one mapping whose target section looks like this: https://i.imgur.com/ZPdnkhk.png. The most important ingredient here is the Track "<Selected>" and the FX "By name".

Alternative: You can achieve the same by putting ReaLearn on EACH track, set Track to "<This>" and enabled "Track must be selected" - but that's more unnecessary effort.
Thx helgoboss,

I'll check this out when I get home 👍👌
Old 06-13-2021, 02:04 PM   #1393
onewayout

Quote:

Ok helgoboss,

Ok I'm at the mapping page like you have on imgur the only thing that I do not have is The POLL FOR FEEDBACK option. https://www.dropbox.com/s/iv3l6vgog7...learn.PNG?dl=0

What would be my next step plz?

Thx, Jeff

EDIT: sorry I actually DO NOT want it to work if I do not see the GUI, this way if knobs are hit by mistake it won't change my settings from B4....

Last edited by onewayout; 06-13-2021 at 02:41 PM.
onewayout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 04:11 PM   #1394
helgoboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewayout View Post
Ok helgoboss,

Ok I'm at the mapping page like you have on imgur the only thing that I do not have is The POLL FOR FEEDBACK option. https://www.dropbox.com/s/iv3l6vgog7...learn.PNG?dl=0

What would be my next step plz?

Thx, Jeff

EDIT: sorry I actually DO NOT want it to work if I do not see the GUI, this way if knobs are hit by mistake it won't change my settings from B4....
You don't need "Poll for feedback" (it's a feature of the current prerelease), so just ignore that. Your next step is checking if it works (after learning the source, but I assume you know the ReaLearn basics). If it doesn't, stop right there and find the mistake before continuing.

Your little addition that you don't want control to be active when the plug-in GUI is hidden, it changes everything. Not sure now if that's possible. ReaLearn mappings have a checkbox "Only if FX focused", but it relates to the FX instance that's being controlled (the one of the currently selected track). In your case, I guess you want the mapping to be active whenever ANY of the MixHub instances is focused (because this Waves plug-in does something very unusual: displaying the state of all instances in one GUI).

You might be able to get it to work by saving above mapping as a preset (make sure it works first!), linking this preset to the MixHub plug-in and after that setting Auto-load to "Depending on focused FX". In the tutorials section of the user guide you will find a tutorial describing the basic process how to do this.
Old 06-14-2021, 04:51 AM   #1395
onewayout

Quote:
You don't need "Poll for feedback" (it's a feature of the current prerelease), so just ignore that. Your next step is checking if it works (after learning the source, but I assume you know the ReaLearn basics). If it doesn't, stop right there and find the mistake before continuing.

Your little addition that you don't want control to be active when the plug-in GUI is hidden, it changes everything. Not sure now if that's possible. ReaLearn mappings have a checkbox "Only if FX focused", but it relates to the FX instance that's being controlled (the one of the currently selected track). In your case, I guess you want the mapping to be active whenever ANY of the MixHub instances is focused (because this Waves plug-in does something very unusual: displaying the state of all instances in one GUI).

You might be able to get it to work by saving above mapping as a preset (make sure it works first!), linking this preset to the MixHub plug-in and after that setting Auto-load to "Depending on focused FX". In the tutorials section of the user guide you will find a tutorial describing the basic process how to do this.
Ok, Thx helgoboss, I'll check it outand see how it's working and try those tips....Although when it did start to work more than one channel was being effected when I had selected lets say the 2nd trk with the FX....

I will let you know my results...Thank you again for your patience
Old 06-14-2021, 07:58 AM   #1396
baldo

Default solo selected track + N

Hello,

Thanks for your answer Helgoboss !

I have also another question :

I want a knob to select tracks (target : track navigation)
while the 4 other knobs changes the volume of "selected track", "selected track + 1", "selected track + 2" and "selected track +3 "

So for instance, if track 19 is selected, the volume knobs should adjust track 19, 20, 21 and 22.

I know I can use the "bank parameter" feature of relearn, so that the first knob choose a bank
(with realearn internal parameter p1) and the other knobs changes the volume of p1 + 0, p1 + 1, p1 + 2, p1 + 3.

However, I also want the first knob to actually select the track, and I am not sure if knob one can work both to change the parameter p1 and select the track.

Will it work (escpecially with feedback) ? Is there another way to do this ?

Last edited by baldo; 06-14-2021 at 08:30 AM.
Old 06-14-2021, 10:37 AM   #1397
helgoboss

Quote:
Hello,

Thanks for your answer Helgoboss !

I have also another question :

I want a knob to select tracks (target : track navigation)
while the 4 other knobs changes the volume of "selected track", "selected track + 1", "selected track + 2" and "selected track +3 "

So for instance, if track 19 is selected, the volume knobs should adjust track 19, 20, 21 and 22.

I know I can use the "bank parameter" feature of relearn, so that the first knob choose a bank
(with realearn internal parameter p1) and the other knobs changes the volume of p1 + 0, p1 + 1, p1 + 2, p1 + 3.

However, I also want the first knob to actually select the track, and I am not sure if knob one can work both to change the parameter p1 and select the track.

Will it work (escpecially with feedback) ? Is there another way to do this ?
The only clean way to do this would be if I add a first_selected_track_index variable which you can use instead of p0, p1 and so on. There's already a variable this_track_index, so it would be consequent and easy to add. But I'm still a bit busy with another feature which I need to finish first.
Old 06-14-2021, 04:28 PM   #1398
flipotto

Default Can I use Realearn to send and OSC to my x32 mixer?

Hello,

I am wondering if realearn will let me send an osc message to my x32 mixer?
Here is the command I want to send
Code:
/config/routing/routswitch ,t
or
/config/routing/routswitch ,i 0
and 
/config/routing/routswitch ,i 1
I am trying to automate between mixing in the box and mixing on the console. I have a script to toggle the hardware outs on my reaper tracks I just don't have a way to toggle the mode on the mixer.

EDIT -
Look like yes it can, I just need to send OSC message to it.
I will experiment later and report back.

Last edited by flipotto; 06-15-2021 at 05:13 AM.
flipotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 01:36 AM   #1399
baldo

Quote:
The only clean way to do this would be if I add a first_selected_track_index variable which you can use instead of p0, p1 and so on. There's already a variable this_track_index, so it would be consequent and easy to add. But I'm still a bit busy with another feature which I need to finish first.
Ok nice ! Thankt you, so for now, I will stop trying to make realearn do this :-D
Old 06-15-2021, 08:51 PM   #1400
Mohow

Default APC 40 Mk2 Soft Takeover Not Working

Hello!

I've discovered ReaLearn recently and I absolutely love the potential of this plugin. The APC 40 Mk2 has some hard coded limiting features that really limit its functionality with base reaper midi functions but ReaLearn allows me open this thing up to its full potential!

I'm having an issue with the takeover setting not being soft. With Reaper's default midi controls, the faders do function correctly when "soft takeover" is selected, but I can't seem to get it to work in ReaLearn.

I've read in the manual that all 4 takeover modes are supposed to have a soft takeover by default but all 4 modes are acting in absolute fashion and I cannot figure out how to change it.

Both the faders and the knobs on the controller perform in "absolute" mode and this doesn't work in my work flow!

How do I fix it?

Thanks!
Mohow is offline   Reply With Quote