Old 04-17-2019, 10:53 AM   #1521
Klangfarben
Human being with feelings

Hi Heda, is there a way to create a new send from the TI sends panel? Right now, the only way I can seem to make a new send is if there is an existing send and clicking on that to bring up the sends window and creating a new one in there.

However, if there is no send in the track currently there doesn't seem to be any way to create a new one.

Am I being stupid and missing something?
Klangfarben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 11:24 AM   #1522
_Stevie_

Yep, that's right. That would be a great addition!
Like seeing all available sends in TI and assign them quickly.
Old 04-17-2019, 11:42 AM   #1523
heda

in the sends panel menu, there is the option to show send presets buttons. That is the only way to create sends from the panel. The way it works is you store some tracks by CTRL clicking on them with the track selected... Then on another track, just click on the button to create the send.
maybe a good thing would be to be able to name them, not just S1 S2 S3 etc...

I guess I could add a button to create a send to a track... then ask for the track id of send destination for example?
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 11:45 AM   #1524
_Stevie_

I created some scripts, they assume that every send is prefixed with FX1, FX2, etc...
That way I can use my scripts in every project, provided I prefix them with FX#.
Old 04-17-2019, 11:49 AM   #1525
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stevie_ View Post
I created some scripts, they assume that every send is prefixed with FX1, FX2, etc...
That way I can use my scripts in every project, provided I prefix them with FX#.
you can add shortcut buttons on the sends panel for your scripts. in the Sends panel menu: "add custom button..." the command ID can be found in the actions window.. it will be a long string for a script. so right click and copy it to clipboard.
Old 04-17-2019, 11:52 AM   #1526
_Stevie_

:P

Old 04-17-2019, 11:58 AM   #1527
heda

oops. fixing that overlap.
it doesn't happen when having the send preset buttons.
thanks

I see you have the markers and notepad panels up there... in a recent update the default position is below automation panel
Old 04-17-2019, 12:11 PM   #1528
_Stevie_

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
oops. fixing that overlap.
it doesn't happen when having the send preset buttons.
thanks
Thanks!

Quote:
I see you have the markers and notepad panels up there... in a recent update the default position is below automation panel
Yeah, is that because I didn't reset my TI config?
Old 04-17-2019, 12:17 PM   #1529
heda

Quote:
Thanks!

Yeah, is that because I didn't reset my TI config?
yes. you could make a backup of your current TI_Settings file in case you want to restore settings if you want, and try resetting, there were some default fonts changes too and some other settings. But you don't need to reset.
Or you could move the panels to the order you want now.. enabling the buttons in settings, to move up and down panels.
Old 04-17-2019, 12:22 PM   #1530
_Stevie_

Awesome, I will check out the new defaults. Maybe I like them better :P
Old 04-17-2019, 12:49 PM   #1531
_Stevie_

Found a small GUI issue. Margin between panels is set to 0:

EDIT: is it possible to set the pan by entering numbers with the keyboard?

Last edited by _Stevie_; 04-17-2019 at 12:55 PM.
_Stevie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 01:24 PM   #1532
heda

Quote:
Found a small GUI issue. Margin between panels is set to 0:

EDIT: is it possible to set the pan by entering numbers with the keyboard?
mmm interesting... maybe a rounding issue... try setting the font to 16 instead of 15 and see if it improves?

I could make the pan numbers as buttons to enter the value. double clicking it resets to center.
Old 04-17-2019, 01:27 PM   #1533
_Stevie_

Quote:
mmm interesting... maybe a rounding issue... try setting the font to 16 instead of 15 and see if it improves?
Didn't change anything. I also changed the font to Arial, with no effect.

Quote:
I could make the pan numbers as buttons to enter the value. double clicking it resets to center.
Perfect!!!
Old 04-19-2019, 05:12 AM   #1534
heda

Default v1.4rc4 (2019-04-19)

fixed and rearranged a bit the sends buttons and added mute button for send. it can be hidden.

now you can change panning by entering a number from -100 to 100

initialization was trying to create hidden track twice for some reason. Let me know if I broke something.

* v1.4rc4 (2019-04-19)
# fix: optimization on initialization.
# lock hidden track
# fix: overlaps in sends panel on some cases
# mute buttons for sends
# fix: click on send gain number to set gain by entering the number
# fix: pan labels as buttons to specify panning by entering number -100 to 100
Old 04-19-2019, 05:18 AM   #1535
_Stevie_

Ah, damn, just wanted to update, but it says my subscription is not valid.
However, I renewed just recently. Can you check?
Old 04-19-2019, 05:36 AM   #1536
heda

Quote:
Ah, damn, just wanted to update, but it says my subscription is not valid.
However, I renewed just recently. Can you check?
just checked. your license is ok. I don't know what happened... can you try again?
Old 04-19-2019, 05:41 AM   #1537
_Stevie_

Now it works! Maybe a glitch in the matrix :P

Great release!

Just a thought for consistency:

Left click on the pan value opens a text field for entering a value

Left click on the volume value opens the "track routing window" and right click on the fader opens the text field for entering a value.

Wouldn't it make more sense to swap that in case of the volume fader?
Hence, right clicking on the fader in the mixer opens the "track routing window".
Old 04-19-2019, 06:26 AM   #1538
heda

Yes it makes sense. Right click opens window to offset value. I think I will leave it as it is and then left click to change to the specified value. Then add the i/o window in the general panel as an icon button like in tcp.
Thanks for the feeback!
Old 04-19-2019, 06:27 AM   #1539
_Stevie_

Awesome, thanks
Old 04-19-2019, 07:41 AM   #1540
Klangfarben

Quote:
I guess I could add a button to create a send to a track... then ask for the track id of send destination for example?
This seems a little more intuitive to me but maybe Stevie and others could chime in. Also, as a secondary way, could you type in a track name and have TI look for that? I think I would use that more than Track ID. It would also help for those people moving tracks around as I believe the Track ID changes when moving, yes?
Old 04-19-2019, 07:43 AM   #1541
_Stevie_

You mean like typing "Reverb", "Lexicon", "R2", "Valhala"?
That would indeed rock!
Old 04-19-2019, 07:51 AM   #1542
Klangfarben

Just put in the new version. Really like these additions.

I have a couple small requests if it's not hugely time consuming.

When right-clicking on the fader to enter a volume, right now it's adding or subtracting the specified amount which is a bit confusing. So for example, if I type in +6 the fader goes to +6. If I then type in 3, the fader goes to +9. I would expect if I type in +3 the fader would go to +3, not +9. I think it would be much better to just move the fader to the value typed in. If I have a fader at -14 and I want to move it to -6 instead, it's a bit unintuitive to have to type in +8. I'd much rather just type in -6.

Also, would it be possible to right-click on the pan slider to also enter a pan value?

Thanks, Heda!

EDIT: Sorry, I see you are treating right-click as offset value. I'm ok with that as long as I have the option to do both. Not sure if that's possible currently?

Last edited by Klangfarben; 04-19-2019 at 08:00 AM.
Old 04-19-2019, 07:53 AM   #1543
Klangfarben

Quote:
You mean like typing "Reverb", "Lexicon", "R2", "Valhala"?
That would indeed rock!
Stevie, yes exactly. In my case, being able to type in "Choir Verb", etc. would be absolutely brilliant.
Old 04-19-2019, 08:02 AM   #1544
heda

Yes... Left clicking will be set exactly typed value. Right click will be offset as it us now. That offset method was requested by someone.

I imagine an edit box where you could start typing "reverb" for example and a list of all tracks containing "reverb" in the track name would update to select the one you want by clicking on it.
Old 04-19-2019, 08:06 AM   #1545
_Stevie_

Quote:
Yes... Left clicking will be set exactly typed value. Right click will be offset as it us now. That offset method was requested by someone.
Oh wow, just noticed this by now. This is very confusing. But I see the use case for this. Would still be great to have both methods.

Quote:
I imagine an edit box where you could start typing "reverb" for example and a list of all tracks containing "reverb" in the track name would update to select the one you want by clicking on it.
Ahh, that would be utterly amazing!
Old 04-19-2019, 10:24 AM   #1546
Klangfarben

Quote:
Hi Heda, so I've been thinking this over and I have a proposal for how I think this should work. The proposal would make the functionality more consistent both within Track Inspector and with the Reaper mixer. I would also gladly donate for this and I think others would too.

My proposal for the volume/pan sections is this.

1) As stated before, to type in a volume or pan value, one would left click on the volume or pan value itself. And right click to enter an offset value. Currently this is partially implemented and would need the following changes.

1a) Left click on pan value brings up new pan value entry - currently working
1b) Right click on pan value should bring up offset pan value entry - not implemented yet
1c) Left click on Volume value brings up routing window. This should bring up a new volume value entry instead of the routing window.
1d) Right click on Volume value. This should bring up an offset volume value window - not implemented yet.

2) Right click behavior on the Volume Fader and Pan slider should be changed to match current behavior in the Reaper mixer.

2a) Right clicking on the volume fader should bring up the Reaper routing window.
2b) Right clicking on the pan slider should bring up the Reaper pan law window.

This would match current Reaper functionality and it would also prevent you from having to add extra buttons which would make TI cleaner.

3) Because the right click functionality above now matches Reaper's right click, I propose the following changes for left and right clicking directly on the fader and pan sliders.

3a) Shift-clicking on a fader and slider will bring up the new volume and new pan value entry windows.
3b) Alt-clicking on a fader and slider will bring up the offset volume and pan entry windows
3c) Provide a preference setting for the above in case people want to use different modifier keys than shift and alt

4) Implement Control drag on both the volume fader and pan slider for "fine" control. Currently, there is no way in TI to move the fader or slider with fine control. Implementing this would not only add that feature but also make TI consistent with the Reaper mixer.

I think this proposal would make TI more consistent and better match Reaper while keeping and expanding on current TI functionality that we use.

Thoughts? Maybe others could chime in with their take on the above proposal?
Old 04-19-2019, 10:37 AM   #1547
heda

Default v1.4rc5 (2019-04-19)

Very good ideas Klangfarben
I've just published an update. and now I read your post... I agree with your suggestions and make it consistent with default REAPER.
for fine adjustment on the fader you can now use mouse wheel.
but CTRL drag could be done too I suppose.

* v1.4rc5 (2019-04-19)
# fix: delay button, clicking first time didn't set value
# Left mouse click gain number to set gain without opening the I/O window, Right click to offset gain
+ I/O button on general panel to open I/O window
Old 04-19-2019, 01:43 PM   #1548
_Stevie_

Heda, this is getting better and better, thank you very much!

I concur what Klangfarben wrote. Shift+Left drag would be awesome for fine adjustment of volume. Mousewheel is too tedious and dragging is faster and more precise.

I got another request, I'm not sure if it's doable but I had the following idea:

It would be great if we had another pane with an empty text field, where we could search for tracks and track tags! The result would be a little popup window, where the tracks are filtered. Additionally, a shortcut that sets focus to that text field, would be great. Tab would jump to the track list (or maybe the cursor keys?) and cursor keys would navigate in the list. Enter would jump to the selected track. Would this be doable?

Old 04-19-2019, 02:17 PM   #1549
Klangfarben

Quote:
It would be great if we had another pane with an empty text field, where we could search for tracks and track tags! The result would be a little popup window, where the tracks are filtered. Additionally, a shortcut that sets focus to that text field, would be great. Tab would jump to the track list (or maybe the cursor keys?) and cursor keys would navigate in the list. Enter would jump to the selected track. Would this be doable?
This would be amazing...
Old 04-26-2019, 08:38 AM   #1550
Gianfini

Default Some small fixing

hi, here some small fixing needed.

1. When opening TRACK INSPECTOR VIP a hidden track gets created but it should ovverride pan law and put it to ZERO db (just for this hidden track). Issue description: I have -3db pan law default so the hidden track gets created with -3db pan law as well, all signal sent to it is lowered by -3db , so the level reading is wrong!
2. changing track color doesn't refesh Heda Track Inspector VIP track color (when panel are colored)
3. In send box it should be visible also SEND PAN, not only SEND volume
4. SEND VOLUME faders too close to the above text, there should be like 1 pixel dinstance between text and fader

Just some tought, hope they could be useful for the next release!
g
Gianfini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 10:40 AM   #1551
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianfini View Post
hi, here some small fixing needed.

1. When opening TRACK INSPECTOR VIP a hidden track gets created but it should ovverride pan law and put it to ZERO db (just for this hidden track). Issue description: I have -3db pan law default so the hidden track gets created with -3db pan law as well, all signal sent to it is lowered by -3db , so the level reading is wrong!
2. changing track color doesn't refesh Heda Track Inspector VIP track color (when panel are colored)
3. In send box it should be visible also SEND PAN, not only SEND volume
4. SEND VOLUME faders too close to the above text, there should be like 1 pixel dinstance between text and fader

Just some tought, hope they could be useful for the next release!
g
1. oops... yes, normally 0 is the default. Maybe that is why nobody noticed I thought I fixed this already but maybe I just dreamed it. fixing...

2. For me it works... are you are changing track color with a special script or action?

3. Yes, but I would like it to keep it simple. I rarely modify pan's send. Do you?

4. for me there is a pixel distance between the bar and the text above. I find it very difficult to work with font sizes with all OS and display settings that the OS may have that could affect REAPER font size. A screenshot would help.
Old 04-26-2019, 10:55 AM   #1552
Gianfini

Answers below

1. oops... yes, normally 0 is the default. Maybe that is why nobody noticed I thought I fixed this already but maybe I just dreamed it. fixing...
THANK YOU

2. For me it works... are you are changing track color with a special script or action?
YES WITH REANOIR SCRIPT

3. Yes, but I would like it to keep it simple. I rarely modify pan's send. Do you?
SOMETIMES... NOT VERY OFTEN, BUT I AGREE: PRIORITY 3

4. for me there is a pixel distance between the bar and the text above. I find it very difficult to work with font sizes with all OS and display settings that the OS may have that could affect REAPER font size. A screenshot would help.
OK I'LL POST IT LATER
Gianfini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 01:11 PM   #1553
todd_r

Could you possibly add a Realtime Render option? Ive got it in the customer actions atm

Xenakios/SWS set Render speed to Realtime
Freeze to Stereo
Xenakios/SWS set Render speed to Not Limited
todd_r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 02:56 PM   #1554
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd_r View Post
Could you possibly add a Realtime Render option? Ive got it in the customer actions atm

Xenakios/SWS set Render speed to Realtime
Freeze to Stereo
Xenakios/SWS set Render speed to Not Limited
sure. I'll add that option. or maybe even an additional freeze button icon that always does realtime?

you could also create a custom button in the freeze panel with that custom action.
Old 04-26-2019, 03:44 PM   #1555
todd_r

Quote:
...or maybe even an additional freeze button icon that always does realtime?
That's what I was after

Quote:
...you could also create a custom button in the freeze panel with that custom action.
Ah brilliant, I hadn't realised I could add buttons to sections other than the customer bit! Doh!
todd_r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 01:10 PM   #1556
hopi

HeDa... how do we remove a custom button???? Or edit one?

I put in the wrong action ID number
Old 04-27-2019, 01:58 PM   #1557
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopi View Post
HeDa... how do we remove a custom button???? Or edit one?

I put in the wrong action ID number

if you put the mouse cursor over the button and wait a bit, a tooltip will appear with the information. ALT click to remove, CTRL click to edit. there are tooltips in almost all buttons I think.
Old 04-27-2019, 05:20 PM   #1558
hopi

Quote:
if you put the mouse cursor over the button and wait a bit, a tooltip will appear with the information. ALT click to remove, CTRL click to edit. there are tooltips in almost all buttons I think.
thanks... ah the famous "wait a bit"...

I do love that little phrase... did ya know about the African bush called the wait a bit bush?

It is a very brushy\vine type bush with lotta little cat claws on it so if you brush against it they grab you and if you try to get free it gets worse but if you wait a bit, they relax and you can escape....

wait a bit
Old 04-27-2019, 08:20 PM   #1559
_Stevie_

@HeDa:

I'm almost certain that you are using SNM_MoveOrRemoveTrackFX() to move track fx around, when dragging them.

There's a new native function TrackFX_CopyToTrack() which executes this much faster. Could you incorporate this one?
Old 04-28-2019, 12:10 AM   #1560
Skorobagatko

Quote:
@HeDa:

I'm almost certain that you are using SNM_MoveOrRemoveTrackFX() to move track fx around, when dragging them.

There's a new native function TrackFX_CopyToTrack() which executes this much faster. Could you incorporate this one?
And the ability to copy by dragging fx from TI to another track please.
Skorobagatko is offline   Reply With Quote