Old 06-26-2019, 11:47 AM   #1
trichens
Human being with feelings

Default Interface Advice

Hi all, not sure if this is the right place...

So what I want to do is pretty simple as basically I'm doing a podcast with a single mic, but I want to be able to take a stereo input from a hi-fi pre-amplifier and record this, and then play back through two separate speaker systems.

The first speakers are a simple pair of powered PC speakers, the other a larger pair of monitors. And of course I need to playback through a pair of headphones (two would be great though)

The input from hi-fi is through a pair of phono / RCA connectors.
I have no MIDI requirements.

Currently using:
soundcard 1 - ASUS Xonar DGX - input from hi-fi into 3.5mm stereo line-in via adapter phono/RCA

soundcard 1 - output to monitor speakers - 3.5mm line-out via adapter to phono/RCA

soundcard 2 - in-built Realtek - input from mic 3.5mm - 3.5mm mic in

soundcard 2 - output to PC speakers - 3.5mm speakers out

USB sound dongle - cheap and cheerful - output to headphones and occasional second mic.

So I'm looking for is an interface that I can use to replace this lot without breaking much more than a very small piggy bank.

What I have at the moment works but I'm sure I can get better quality sound without spending too much money.

Have been looking at a Behringer UMC 404HD which seems to have enough inputs and outputs, but not sure it's best for the phono/RCA input although I have 1/4in mono jack adapters so I can feed into the normal "mic" inputs.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to your advice...
trichens is offline   Reply With Quote