Old 03-19-2007, 07:49 PM   #1
charles.monteiro
Human being with feelings

Default Sorry, odd MOTU 2408 question

This is probably not all appropriate but here it goes , too make a long story short I have MOTU 2408 mII hanging around in my home studio. I'm currently using an Edirol FA-101 audio interface and so far quite happy with it. Anyhow, I have decided to "spring clean" my studio and get rid of all the gear that is not doing anything. However, with regards to the MOTU I thought that maybe it could serve me as as a line mixer. Its got 24bit analog inputs and outputs, its got to be quieter than my Eurorack which is what I use to route my synths, and Sansamp PSA-1 into the Edirol.

Of course I should just give it a try but its not on my main rack ,so I would have to take it off one rack put in another, hook the cables I know I'm being lazy but I thought I first check.

Am I thinking straight? I'm still in the process of getting back into all of this i.e. audio engineering etc so I'm a bit hazy. Does this make sense, good idea, bad idea , why?

thanks in advance,
charles.monteiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 04:10 PM   #2
themaestro

I don't know why you couldn't. There is quite a lot of mixer capability in that box. Compared to an audio mixer, the only things a can see missing would be EQ controls.
themaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:54 AM   #3
charles.monteiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaestro View Post
I don't know why you couldn't. There is quite a lot of mixer capability in that box. Compared to an audio mixer, the only things a can see missing would be EQ controls.
and which in general I would not care i.e. about EQ-ing before capturing the signal in the DAW. I may keep it
charles.monteiro is offline   Reply With Quote