Old 07-04-2022, 05:01 PM   #441
Tukan_Studios
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeman19 View Post
I still get the bad GUI on the Guitar Amp(v1.03) plugin. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, still get bad GUI.

Jd
Annoying. Can you provide further information? (OS, when appears the problem, reaper version...)
Tukan_Studios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 05:04 PM   #442
jakeman19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tukan_Studios View Post
Annoying. Can you provide further information? (OS, when appears the problem, reaper version...)
macOS Monterey v12.4 MacBook Air M1. Reaper v6.58. It appears as soon as I add the plugin to a guitar DI track.

Jd
jakeman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 08:15 AM   #443
Tukan_Studios

Again some news:
https://youtu.be/1wh6A2FMKL8
Old 07-05-2022, 10:27 AM   #444
TEFKAJH

Thank you Tukan!
TEFKAJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 02:20 PM   #445
mequaz

Default sumthing

First i want to say WOW. i dont post often in the reaper blogs but these plugins literally made me remove every wave and uad plugin i had on a session replace them with yours and just wow. Its not even good for the money good. These things are just good, good!

Sumthing...
Amazing plugin and ill be happy to see a pdf manual until then we have forums. SO when using the single instance does it not communicate with the master? I understand and have used the method in the videos. But not sure if im having a dense moment here.

Anyway love the plugins amazing stuff. If you ever get the itch to make an instrument please make a sampler. not that reapers sampler isnt great. but yeahhh its ugly, there i said it.
mequaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 02:53 PM   #446
Tukan_Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by mequaz View Post
First i want to say WOW. i dont post often in the reaper blogs but these plugins literally made me remove every wave and uad plugin i had on a session replace them with yours and just wow. Its not even good for the money good. These things are just good, good!

Sumthing...
Amazing plugin and ill be happy to see a pdf manual until then we have forums. SO when using the single instance does it not communicate with the master? I understand and have used the method in the videos. But not sure if im having a dense moment here.

Anyway love the plugins amazing stuff. If you ever get the itch to make an instrument please make a sampler. not that reapers sampler isnt great. but yeahhh its ugly, there i said it.
Thank you overmuch for your kind words!

SumThing SI really is a standalone plugin which doesn't 'see' the other SumThing or SumChannel plugins. SumThing (without SI) communicate with each other. SumChannel is 'SI' as long as it is not set to SumThing mode.
Old 07-07-2022, 03:35 AM   #447
onewayout

Quote:
Originally Posted by mequaz View Post

Sumthing...

+1 (-:
Old 07-07-2022, 05:14 AM   #448
jakeman19

Quote:
I see you've used my trouble post on your YouTube video. Cool. Here is a video of what happens.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7u5e848vle...%20AM.mov?dl=0

Jd
Old 07-09-2022, 01:06 PM   #449
EduSerra

Default embedd your plugins in MCP

Hello John

Iīm making an extensive use of your great plugins and Iīm designing some nice project templates and track templates with them. One task I find myself doing a lot is embedding the plugins one by one when I need them in that state, and itīs a waste of time when I have more that 10 FX running on a project.

Can you make an action with a script to embedd in MCP the first FX on selected tracks? that way I can select automatically by name the tracks I need to change, and then embed with a single click of a toolbar button or a shortcut, the FX 1 in the selected tracks.

Hope itīs possible.

Thanks

Edu.
EduSerra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 05:07 PM   #450
Tukan_Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by EduSerra View Post
Hello John

Iīm making an extensive use of your great plugins and Iīm designing some nice project templates and track templates with them. One task I find myself doing a lot is embedding the plugins one by one when I need them in that state, and itīs a waste of time when I have more that 10 FX running on a project.

Can you make an action with a script to embedd in MCP the first FX on selected tracks? that way I can select automatically by name the tracks I need to change, and then embed with a single click of a toolbar button or a shortcut, the FX 1 in the selected tracks.

Hope itīs possible.

Thanks

Edu.
I'm trying to find a solution. I recently thought, I would need something like "ctrl + click" a plugin to show up in MCP...
Old 07-12-2022, 03:56 PM   #451
Tukan_Studios

Default New Videos and plugins

There is a new (very funny) video with special guest Myk Robinson from "Let's talk about reaper":
https://youtu.be/1F6A25cuvoI

and...
Adam Steel about the "Tukan Studios Console Meter" on "pro mix academy":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIkejWDXPtA
Old 07-13-2022, 04:01 AM   #452
beingmf

Fantastic, thanks a lot!
Old 07-14-2022, 10:43 AM   #453
o_e

Hi,

I'am trying to find your Deesser, is it still available somehow?
(No luck with Reapack and Googel..)

Thanks!
o_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 10:49 AM   #454
jakeman19

Quote:
Originally Posted by o_e View Post
Hi,

I'am trying to find your Deesser, is it still available somehow?
(No luck with Reapack and Googel..)

Thanks!
Try Synchronize Packages in Reapack. It's called JS: Deesser(Tukan) in Reaper FX under JS.
Hope that helps.

Jd
Old 07-14-2022, 11:13 AM   #455
DMT8

Default Guitar Amp GUI

Quote:
I still get the bad GUI on the Guitar Amp(v1.03) plugin. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, still get bad GUI.

Jd
I've still got this problem too. v1.03 installed and reinstalled.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: png Tukan Guitar.png (147.7 KB, 120 views)
DMT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 11:22 AM   #456
Tukan_Studios

Quote:
Try Synchronize Packages in Reapack. It's called JS: Deesser(Tukan) in Reaper FX under JS.
Hope that helps.

Jd
this comes bundled with compressor2 if I remember right.
Old 07-14-2022, 11:24 AM   #457
o_e

Quote:
Hope that helps.

Jd
No luck..?

Old 07-14-2022, 11:27 AM   #458
o_e

Quote:
Ahh, thanks a lot, that did the trick!!
Old 07-14-2022, 12:46 PM   #459
Assassin06soul

Default Distreasure release time

My god these plugins are amazing

Now, I was wondering if I could replace the EL Arousor with your D#Treassure and I noticed something kinda off specially with the release times for drum crushing in the RIVET mode and 20:1 ratio. so I began digging in the code and saw an interesting comment....

I come here to share a dream of delightful Drum crushing! and I hope you and people like this mod and find it useful. please try it, and if perhaps you need an assistant for maintaining/updating these plugins, it would be a dream come true for me

keep the good work, I really admire you
Attached Images
File Type: png image_2022-07-14_144743439.png (52.5 KB, 183 views)
Assassin06soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 05:35 PM   #460
Tukan_Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin06soul View Post
My god these plugins are amazing

Now, I was wondering if I could replace the EL Arousor with your D#Treassure and I noticed something kinda off specially with the release times for drum crushing in the RIVET mode and 20:1 ratio. so I began digging in the code and saw an interesting comment....

I come here to share a dream of delightful Drum crushing! and I hope you and people like this mod and find it useful. please try it, and if perhaps you need an assistant for maintaining/updating these plugins, it would be a dream come true for me

keep the good work, I really admire you
What mod did you make? (I didn't check the code by now)
Old 07-15-2022, 04:20 AM   #461
juan_r

Quote:
Maybe a change of name in the bundle to reflect the full contents could make searching easier? Something like compressor2+deesser or so...
juan_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 08:59 AM   #462
EduSerra

Default Guitar Amp models and mics

Hello John

Can you please, share the whole list of amp models and mic models used in your Guitar Amp plugin?

I can infer some of them but Iīm doing some presets and Iīd like to label them precisely.

Thanks!

Edu.
Old 07-15-2022, 09:55 AM   #463
Tukan_Studios

Quote:
Hello John

Can you please, share the whole list of amp models and mic models used in your Guitar Amp plugin?

I can infer some of them but Iīm doing some presets and Iīd like to label them precisely.

Thanks!

Edu.
Actually, these are modified cabinets I used. Not necessarily what is "suggested" in the graphics...same for the amps. So, name your presets, what you'd think fits the best.
The Mics are exactly as suggested in the graphics

...sorry for me not being able to be more helpful so far...but I have to take care in some things...
Old 07-15-2022, 01:33 PM   #464
EduSerra

Quote:
Actually, these are modified cabinets I used. Not necessarily what is "suggested" in the graphics...same for the amps. So, name your presets, what you'd think fits the best.
The Mics are exactly as suggested in the graphics

...sorry for me not being able to be more helpful so far...but I have to take care in some things...
Ok John I understand and thanks for your answer.
Old 07-21-2022, 08:21 AM   #465
@.M

The Tukan Modulation - B chorus plugin is awesome but has a bug. If I add it to a track, it sounds just fine. Save the song, reopen it and the plugin wont activate unless I click to open the plugin. It is then I can hear the effect. Can anyone else confirm on latest reaper on linux or other platforms possibly?

Last edited by @.M; 07-21-2022 at 08:32 AM. Reason: lack of info
@.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 10:03 AM   #466
jakeman19

Quote:
Originally Posted by @.M View Post
The Tukan Modulation - B chorus plugin is awesome but has a bug. If I add it to a track, it sounds just fine. Save the song, reopen it and the plugin wont activate unless I click to open the plugin. It is then I can hear the effect. Can anyone else confirm on latest reaper on linux or other platforms possibly?
I can confirm. I'm on MacOS v12.4, MBA Reaper v5.68. Plugin v1.2

Jd
Old 07-24-2022, 01:06 PM   #467
PVinKC

WTH?!

My TUKAN plugins have "Disappeared" in Reaper's FX list...I mean I can't find a one of them by filtering or by scrolling thru the whole list. They just do NOT show up?!

I uninstalled and re-installed and synched and updated and nothing works!

Here's a crazy twist. I had Sphinx in the Recent list and I can find and load it thru the "Recent list" but if I click ALL PLUGINS and type TUKAN I get NOTHING!

I had a smart list that filters all TUKAN plugins into it as well as a developer channel that both USED to work. The only thing that's been done is to update Reaper with the latest update. So perhaps that's to blame but if so I'm amazed that nobody else has complained about this issue. Nothing else makes sense. I can literally find the files and they DO exist. So I'm not really sure what's going on here?

ANY help?
Old 07-24-2022, 02:39 PM   #468
PVinKC

UPDATE: False Alarm? Confusing...but somehow after restarting Reaper yet again, my TUKAN plugins now show up as "NEW" and they also get caught by the smart folder and developer folder. No idea what was going on there...very strange indeed!
Old 07-24-2022, 03:14 PM   #469
Tukan_Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by @.M View Post
Good to know. I thought, I already solved this issue...
But I'm working on something for you who use Tukan Modulation. Update will come soon!
Old 07-24-2022, 03:15 PM   #470
Tukan_Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVinKC View Post
UPDATE: False Alarm? Confusing...but somehow after restarting Reaper yet again, my TUKAN plugins now show up as "NEW" and they also get caught by the smart folder and developer folder. No idea what was going on there...very strange indeed!
Good to read, that it already works again.
I have no clue what happened there...
Old 07-27-2022, 11:50 PM   #471
JimmyF

Default Sum Channel

Hello John,
Recently took a very good look at the whole Tukan Plugins suite. Your plugins are extraordinary, John. Sum Channel is probably the best/easiest sounding plugin I've ever used.....very low CPU usage as well! I'll find your Patreon and send you something for your efforts. They are appreciated, John.

Best,
Jimmy
JimmyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 12:55 AM   #472
Tukan_Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyF View Post
Hello John,
Recently took a very good look at the whole Tukan Plugins suite. Your plugins are extraordinary, John. Sum Channel is probably the best/easiest sounding plugin I've ever used.....very low CPU usage as well! I'll find your Patreon and send you something for your efforts. They are appreciated, John.

Best,
Jimmy
Hi Jimmy! Nice you like my work
Thank you for asking and supporting me!
https://www.patreon.com/tukanstudios
Old 08-02-2022, 02:59 PM   #473
Tukan_Studios

New Modulation plugin!
https://youtu.be/F7Be-TputDI
Old 08-03-2022, 03:12 AM   #474
Nixon

This is super cool Tukan Thank you
One thing that would be very handy is, if the LFO rate knob doesn't reset it's value while turning it during playback. Maybe you need that behavior for your exact playback in the arrangement position implementation though...
. Maybe you can see what I mean if you try to automate the LFO rate knob.

I favor the behavior of changing the rate knob on guitar pedals (e.g tremolo, phaser) while playing. Please ignore if it's a limitation of jsfx.

I am on linux.
Nixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 04:36 AM   #475
ramses

I just synchronized my packages, but modulation 2 didn't show up. Which is a shame, because it seems really powerful. Am I forgetting something?
ramses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 05:43 AM   #476
juan_r

Suggestion for Modulation 2: Sample & Hold waveform!
juan_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 02:56 PM   #477
EduSerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramses View Post
I just synchronized my packages, but modulation 2 didn't show up. Which is a shame, because it seems really powerful. Am I forgetting something?
Look for it selecting JS category and in search type "tukan" it should appear in the list.
Old 08-03-2022, 03:08 PM   #478
EduSerra

Default Problem with Sumthing and Tape Recorder on MCP

Hi

When inserting Sumthing via "Resources- Paste FX chain to selected tracks slot x" the inserted and already embedded FX does not respond for moving the knobs in MCP until you open the plugin and embedd it again.

If inserted for the first time in embedded state, the plugin does not respond until opened. If inserted the normal way and then you embedd it itīs OK. Looks like a bug to me.

Edu

Last edited by EduSerra; 08-03-2022 at 03:50 PM.
Old 08-04-2022, 12:05 AM   #479
mschnell

Really GREAT !!!!!
I'll try it ASAP.
What about providing a Moog ladder Filter additionally ? AFAIU, JSFX code for this is implemented in the (also fantastic) "ReaRack" project by TimeWaster.

-Michael

Last edited by mschnell; 08-04-2022 at 06:07 AM.
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 09:52 AM   #480
ramses

Quote:
Look for it selecting JS category and in search type "tukan" it should appear in the list.
It's not there.

ramses is offline   Reply With Quote