lexaproductions
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by itamar92 View Post
hey, I've got a couple of minor bugs that annoy me:
. Sorry for being annoying.

Quote:
- "gradually transition tempo change to next marker" doesn't really work. it doesn't make any change to the tempo
It should be working if you add Stretch markers to the item before adding your Tempo change. Let me know if it doesn't work.

Quote:
- export does not always get the right stems. when I fill in in the "all stems" 0 and in the "original" 100 it still renders all the stems without the original. when I do it again (without changing anything) it comes out fine. and the opposite around
. Try it with the current build and send me a gif video if it doesn't work.

Quote:
another thing about the export - how can I change the naming method to be the full name of the song and not only the first letter of every word? in the earlier version of Realive it was like that and then you change it...
With a large Project Title, is becomes annoying so I opted for this alternative. I'll try to make it conditionnal to the Title length like protools. Stay tuned.

Quote:
- How does the new Reasampler Mode work? could it work like the regular live mode with stems?
I'll try to update the manual soon. While in the Reasmapler mode,, opening a new tab will give a modified template adapted for the mode. The Audio Routing is updated as well.

Quote:
- The compressor on the Cues Buss that you have added in the new update, is different from the compressors that were in the earlier versions on the Cue Busses?
Just a lower threshold so that The cues a more evened out. Nothing Fancy

Quote:
by the way, it will be great if you could post a thread every time you upload a new version. the updates are great and very important!
Well I release silently very often and I'd rather not spam the folder with a lot of my threads. I try to keep and updated Release notes file in the folder. I'll try to keep the first post from this thread updated

Quote:
Thanks again for this amazing product
You're welcome.
lexaproductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 04:56 AM   #162
Yorky

Default Integrating to a tab player

Hi Alex,

Something I've been toying with for some time now but being a novice programmer haven't got off the blocks yet, is to integrate the action markers to send a message outside of the Reaper environment to a tab player on another device such as a tablet [Android in my case] using Bluetooth.

I use Ultimate Guitar and have done for a long time now but they have not published a API of any sorts and probably never intend to. They do though, have a "pedal interface" on the Android app which does allow for a page turner device to drive the UG interface. I've been using one of those BT Rings [R51] and can start/stop the autoscroll feature for example.
However, sending such an equivalent message [ReaScript?] from the ReAlive timeline via a marker action would be cool IMO.

Have you considered such an add on to ReAlive, or does it already exist that I'm unaware of?

Thanks for putting in the masses of effort into ReAlive. Cheers
Yorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 05:46 AM   #163
lexaproductions

Hi Yorky,
I'm not too sure I understand the request. Maybe it can be done, but I don't fully grasp what you are asking sorry. You have a video or something?
Old 06-21-2022, 08:08 AM   #164
Yorky

Hi Alex,

I'll try to put a better "demo" togther. Thanks
Old 06-21-2022, 09:24 AM   #165
itamar92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorky View Post
Hi Alex,

Something I've been toying with for some time now but being a novice programmer haven't got off the blocks yet, is to integrate the action markers to send a message outside of the Reaper environment to a tab player on another device such as a tablet [Android in my case] using Bluetooth.

I use Ultimate Guitar and have done for a long time now but they have not published a API of any sorts and probably never intend to. They do though, have a "pedal interface" on the Android app which does allow for a page turner device to drive the UG interface. I've been using one of those BT Rings [R51] and can start/stop the autoscroll feature for example.
However, sending such an equivalent message [ReaScript?] from the ReAlive timeline via a marker action would be cool IMO.

Have you considered such an add on to ReAlive, or does it already exist that I'm unaware of?

Thanks for putting in the masses of effort into ReAlive. Cheers
Why not just send a regular midi messages to the device?
itamar92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 01:30 PM   #166
Yorky

Hi Itamar92,

To be perfectly honest, I've no idea how to.

Some more meat on the bones: When I bind a "pedal switch" to the UG pedal interface, the UI gives a value of "24" for example to start/stop auto-scroll. So a button or pedal switch interaction is identified as a numeric across a Bluetooth path to the remote tablet. What I would like to do is emulate that message out of the Reaper environment, across the Bluetooth path to the Android tablet to achieve the same end result. By making this a ReaScript action I would hope to embed that action into a marker on the Reaper timeline so as the play head passes the marker, the tab starts to auto-scroll on the remote device [for example]. Or equally assign the action [or other related actions] to some other control surface such as a foot controller [FCB1010?]

The detail of making that relatively simple transfer eludes me as I have no fecking idea how to code it up.

I have no experience of working with other guitar tab style programmes [SongBook for example] but have this notion that guitar tab players on remote devices in general would enjoy being driven from Reaper for auto "page turning" scenarios.

Whilst not specific to Alex's ReAlive initiative, it struck me as a potential add on that may be popular to live players such as myself whom often play a wide set of numbers and need those helpful props to get through. As I've gotten older, retaining words gets harder by the year!

Hope that helps a little to explain the potential use case?

Cheers
Old 06-21-2022, 10:22 PM   #167
mschnell

Quote:
send a message outside of the Reaper environment to a tab player on another device such as a tablet [Android in my case] using Bluetooth.
You first need to get any Bluetooth issues straight. (There might be lots of them regarding functionality and latency.)

Bluetooth stuff is completely outside of Reaper and needs top converted to standard Midi (device) messages by other means (hardware and/or software).

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 11:46 PM   #168
itamar92

Quote:
Hi Itamar92,

To be perfectly honest, I've no idea how to.

Some more meat on the bones: When I bind a "pedal switch" to the UG pedal interface, the UI gives a value of "24" for example to start/stop auto-scroll. So a button or pedal switch interaction is identified as a numeric across a Bluetooth path to the remote tablet. What I would like to do is emulate that message out of the Reaper environment, across the Bluetooth path to the Android tablet to achieve the same end result. By making this a ReaScript action I would hope to embed that action into a marker on the Reaper timeline so as the play head passes the marker, the tab starts to auto-scroll on the remote device [for example]. Or equally assign the action [or other related actions] to some other control surface such as a foot controller [FCB1010?]

The detail of making that relatively simple transfer eludes me as I have no fecking idea how to code it up.

I have no experience of working with other guitar tab style programmes [SongBook for example] but have this notion that guitar tab players on remote devices in general would enjoy being driven from Reaper for auto "page turning" scenarios.

Whilst not specific to Alex's ReAlive initiative, it struck me as a potential add on that may be popular to live players such as myself whom often play a wide set of numbers and need those helpful props to get through. As I've gotten older, retaining words gets harder by the year!

Hope that helps a little to explain the potential use case?

Cheers
First of all, you can adjust midi notes/cc to any action in reaper.
then, you can use an app called " midimittr " to transmit midi messages to Bluetooth.
if you are using mac I would suggest creating a new midi track that will be responsible for all the midi commands and you will route his send to the IAC driver (an internal routing of the computer) if on windows so you can use loop midi.

hope this will help.
Old 06-26-2022, 02:12 AM   #169
lexaproductions

Only thing I’ll had is
If you plan on adding a midi controller track to the template, you may want to add it to the Audio Routing template so that it’s only once per setlist.

That being said, maybe something could be done with the CSI setup which would not need a dedicated track on every project.
Old 06-27-2022, 05:07 PM   #170
highway11

Default Switching between VST Guitar sounds per song

I currently use Reaper live to play electric guitar using VST Amp Sims. I'm interested in seeing if ReaLive can make my life even better. Currently, I use a homemade Midi foot controller to switch between tracks, with each track having the VST fx setup for how I want my guitar to sound for that song.

Is there a way I can add my VST plugins to the Guitar track in ReaLive, and have each song use a different patch? I tried setting it up this way in ReaLive and if I arm each track, it's playing all the Guitar tracks at once from all songs. Is there a way I can set it up to only play the armed track from the active songs? Can it only arm the guitar track in the active song and disarm the rest?

I love how easy it is to import songs and set regions and cues, great work on that!

Thanks!
highway11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 05:29 PM   #171
lexaproductions

If you disable “run stopped background projects”
And disable automatic enable disable the Audio routing tab (Options menu/Audio Routing)

You should be good to go.
Old 06-27-2022, 05:53 PM   #172
highway11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexaproductions View Post
If you disable “run stopped background projects”
And disable automatic enable disable the Audio routing tab (Options menu/Audio Routing)

You should be good to go.
Thanks for the quick reply! Can you let me know where I can find the "run stopped background projects" setting?

I'm also having trouble finding the "disable automatic enable/disable the Audio routing tab" in the Options menu. Is that the same as the "Auto/Manual" button on the AudioRouting project's toolbar buttons?
Old 06-27-2022, 05:57 PM   #173
highway11

These are the current settings I have under Options/Realive Preferences and Options/Audio Routing Tab
Attached Images
File Type: jpg realive1.jpg (50.1 KB, 119 views)
File Type: jpg realive2.jpg (72.4 KB, 109 views)
Old 06-27-2022, 06:13 PM   #174
highway11

I think I may have figured it out! If I right click the project tabs at the top I find the setting for run background projects. I'm not sure if I have to do that for each song in the playlist, but so far I think its working, thanks!

I have another question. Anytime I switch between views or songs my window resizes to what seems like a predetermined size. Is there a way to fix that? I tried resizing and saving, but so far, no luck. Running on Windows 10
Old 06-27-2022, 06:27 PM   #175
lexaproductions

You must save the screen sets to your window size.
For each sets (1 to 7 I think):
You load it,
You maximize the screen,
You save it.
Old 06-27-2022, 06:30 PM   #176
lexaproductions

Quote:
Originally Posted by highway11 View Post
I think I may have figured it out! If I right click the project tabs at the top I find the setting for run background projects.
You must set:
“Run background projects” to On
“Run stopped background projects” to off
Old 06-28-2022, 06:32 AM   #177
highway11

Quote:
You must save the screen sets to your window size.
For each sets (1 to 7 I think):
You load it,
You maximize the screen,
You save it.
I've tried to save after resizing each window and it still jumps back to a default size for me. Unless I'm not understanding what you mean by 1-7 for the different windows. Is there a place in the code or settings I could just disable any automatic screen resizes?

I've also noticed it seems to revert any changes I make in edit mode such as hiding the tracks I'm not using.
Old 06-28-2022, 06:51 AM   #178
highway11

I'm very impressed with what ReaLive is capable of from playing with it so far, and I can see it as an indispensable tool for practicing/arranging and playing songs live.

I'm coming across some bugs though where it seems my install is working differently than it should be. I seem to be missing the large text information at the bottom of the live view that you show in your manual.

Did I do something wrong in the install procedure, by chance? I wasn't able to figure out how to drag and drop the file onto reaper, so what I did was renamed it to a zip file and simply copied all the extracted files into my portable install folder.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg liveView.jpg (141.9 KB, 104 views)
Old 06-28-2022, 06:57 AM   #179
itamar92

Quote:
I'm very impressed with what ReaLive is capable of from playing with it so far, and I can see it as an indispensable tool for practicing/arranging and playing songs live.

I'm coming across some bugs though where it seems my install is working differently than it should be. I seem to be missing the large text information at the bottom of the live view that you show in your manual.

Did I do something wrong in the install procedure, by chance? I wasn't able to figure out how to drag and drop the file onto reaper, so what I did was renamed it to a zip file and simply copied all the extracted files into my portable install folder.
this window pops up only when you navigate between regions.
you can also try pressing J to show it
Old 06-30-2022, 06:43 AM   #180
highway11

Quote:
this window pops up only when you navigate between regions.
you can also try pressing J to show it
I guess I was just misunderstanding how that bottom section worked. Thanks for for the info!

I'm absolutely blown away by how fast and easy ReaLive is for taking a song and using the markers to break up the sections and automatically create Cues. This is by far my favorite feature so far, and I'm using it to help me practice/learn songs in my setlist. Is there even any other software that can automate the process of creating audio cues like this? Excellent work!

There's a few minor tweaks I still need to figure out (screens are still resizing on every song change for me)

Sadly, I'm running into one major issue that's preventing me from actually using ReaLive "Live" though: I'm getting some random crackles and pops that I don't get when just using vanilla Reaper.

I'm not sure what the difference would be, as I've turned off all other VST effects besides my Guitar track, so it should be using close to the same amount of processing power as vanilla Reaper, and yet I still get random crackles and pops. This his happening on my mediocre laptop and powerful desktop (i7-10700k) Using a Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen audio interface.

Very strange. Anyone else experience this or have some advice to try to resolve it? I do have it set to not run background projects so it should only be running the Routing project and the current song I'm on, which has a few vst plugins for my guitar. But these same plugins don't cause crackling in vanilla Reaper.
Old 06-30-2022, 07:04 AM   #181
lexaproductions

Thanks for the kind words.
It never happened to me but I use this only to run tracks with no vst.
If you run every background projects and you have several ones… I could see it quickly taxing your cpu

Did you try to disable “run stopped background projects” and play your guitar while playing back one song? Do you still get these crackles?
Old 06-30-2022, 07:44 AM   #182
highway11

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words.
It never happened to me but I use this only to run tracks with no vst.
If you run every background projects and you have several ones… I could see it quickly taxing your cpu

Did you try to disable “run stopped background projects” and play your guitar while playing back one song? Do you still get these crackles?
Yes, I have it set to not run stopped background projects. (when I disable this and it runs all projects, I get constant crackles and noise, so that is very obvious when it happens)

I play guitar while playing back one song and still get random cracks and pops that I don't get while doing the same thing in vanilla reaper (playing back 1 audio track while using the same VST effects chain). Maybe I'm trying to do too much with just one system. I can see ReaLive is perfect for playing backing tracks live, but mixing in live VST instruments might be too much for it? I'm not sure if its the loopback routing that's causing the additional strain or what.

Right now I'm just using it to rehearse a setlist, but I'm wondering if we ever decide to use it for live backing tracks/cues I would need a separate laptop that just runs ReaLive, and then continue to use my laptop for my guitar sounds. The reason I might need to do that is I'm trying to think what happens if I need to hit the "panic" button live and just loop the click track. Would it mute my live guitar at that point too? I'd need a way to work around that issue to use Realive for both tracks and live guitar processing.
Old 06-30-2022, 07:51 AM   #183
lexaproductions

I would indeed suggest to run your guitar separate.
Maybe even a vanilla portable install on the same machine would work.

On all my computers, I always have a REALIVE portable install that's separate from my vanilla Reaper that I use for studio stuff.
I often use that main install to record our performance while running the tracks in REALIVE portable install. All of this out of the same audio interface for several hours without any glitch or problems. Using a 2012 Macbook pro.

Can't say much about a windows machine as I don't have one. But I don't see why one would not get the same type of performance.
Old 06-30-2022, 08:15 AM   #184
highway11

Quote:
I would indeed suggest to run your guitar separate.
Maybe even a vanilla portable install on the same machine would work.

On all my computers, I always have a REALIVE portable install that's separate from my vanilla Reaper that I use for studio stuff.
I often use that main install to record our performance while running the tracks in REALIVE portable install. All of this out of the same audio interface for several hours without any glitch or problems. Using a 2012 Macbook pro.

Can't say much about a windows machine as I don't have one. But I don't see why one would not get the same type of performance.
Can you run 2 instances of reaper at the same time through the same audio interface?! Wow I wasn't aware of that. If that's possible, I will indeed try that. And yes, I've setup ReaLive as a portable install so it did not mess with my existing Reaper installation.

As an aside, part of me would love a Macbook just for the known stability it has dealing with audio. On the other hand, that will never happen, as I'm a PC guy to the bone, its my bread and butter and how I make a living in IT, hahah. Music is just my hobby. If it were the other way 'round I think I'd be running Apple as well, because you always know what you're dealing with as far as the hardware/software designed tightly together. Way less different types of hardware/chipsets and less "unkown's" going that route. But I'm stuck in the PC world for good, and prefer it for every reason besides the aforementioned one.
Old 07-02-2022, 01:30 PM   #185
highway11

So I'm making more progress with ReaLive.

For anyone else with the resizing screen issue, you need to go to the "Memory" menu, then screensets, and resize and save there. I did not realize this existed I was just trying to resize my window and then save the entire project.

I think my cracks/pops audio can be resolved by raising my audio interface buffer. unfortunately for me, it seems to require more CPU power than vanilla reaper.

I'm running into a bizarre issue now, where my Wifi Midi Controller is randomly disconnecting, but this only happens in ReaLive, not vanilla Reaper. When I look at the network monitoring in Windows, I see ReaLive is sending constant data on the network when playing a song, whereas vanilla Reaper does not. What is going on in the background with ReaLive, and can I turn this off somehow? I'm guessing its causing a strange conflict with my WiFi midi controller (which I've setup using RTP MIDI)
Old 07-02-2022, 04:07 PM   #186
lexaproductions

Glad you’re making progress. I’m sorry I was not clear enough with the screen sets. I thought I was. Sorry

Realive does indeed take more ressources than vanilla Reaper. It comes from all the scripting and interfaces running. Especially the playlist window. It shouldn’t be too much from a decent computer to handle.

You can disable the control surfaces in the control surface menu. Hit the Ctrl Devices menu in the main toolbar. Next to the “Audio Device” button.
You can also go there from the preferences dialog. Also make sure that your controller is not enabled in the midi devices items.

I’ll do my best to answer any questions you may have to the best of my knowledge. Using Realive should always feel as smooth as a normal Reaper install. If not than you may have something that is not configured properly. I try my best to always keep it as updated as I can.

Make sure you always use the latest version of Realive, Reaper, Sws, JSApi.
Old 07-04-2022, 10:32 AM   #187
highway11

Quote:
Glad you’re making progress. I’m sorry I was not clear enough with the screen sets. I thought I was. Sorry

Realive does indeed take more ressources than vanilla Reaper. It comes from all the scripting and interfaces running. Especially the playlist window. It shouldn’t be too much from a decent computer to handle.

You can disable the control surfaces in the control surface menu. Hit the Ctrl Devices menu in the main toolbar. Next to the “Audio Device” button.
You can also go there from the preferences dialog. Also make sure that your controller is not enabled in the midi devices items.

I’ll do my best to answer any questions you may have to the best of my knowledge. Using Realive should always feel as smooth as a normal Reaper install. If not than you may have something that is not configured properly. I try my best to always keep it as updated as I can.

Make sure you always use the latest version of Realive, Reaper, Sws, JSApi.
Thanks for the tips. I tried disabling all the control surfaces hoping that would help, but I'm still getting random disconnects from my wireless midi controller when a song is playing. I do need it enabled as a MIDI device in ReaLive as I'm using it to start/stop/switch songs as well as control my guitar patches. I find it strange that running Realive causes it to lose its wireless midi session (RTPMidi). I don't know what's different about ReaLive as opposed to normal reaper in this regard.
Old 07-04-2022, 12:01 PM   #188
lexaproductions

I use all my control surfaces using CSI without enabling them in reaper’s midi devices.
I never used wireless devices thought so I have no experience with them.
Can you tell me the exact device model? Maybe I can make a csi config for it?
Old 07-04-2022, 12:56 PM   #189
highway11

Its actually a Midi controller I made and programmed myself, using an ESP32 (Arduino-like device) which connects to my laptop via wifi using RTPMidi. Its been pretty rock solid until I tried using it with ReaLive, so I have no idea what could be causing it to disconnect. I understand its a strange phenomenon that doesn't seem like ReaLive could have anything to do with, except for the fact that it only happens when I'm playing my setlist with ReaLive, and not normal Reaper.

Old 07-04-2022, 01:01 PM   #190
highway11

I have another much less confusing question: Would it be possible to add cue voice samples for 6/8 time signature songs? Right now I'm using ReaLive to quickly build cues for songs, and did my first 6/8 song today. It gets the click right, but the MIDI voice triggers only go 1,2,3,4. I think there isn't a 5 or 6 sample to trigger? Would that be easy to add?
Old 07-04-2022, 10:38 PM   #191
lexaproductions

Best way to work in 6/8 is to work in 2/4 with a triplet feel.
When building the conductor track with a tempo under 70bpm, you’ll be prompted if you want a triplet feel.
Old 07-05-2022, 06:02 AM   #192
lexaproductions

Quote:
Its actually a Midi controller I made and programmed myself, using an ESP32 (Arduino-like device) which connects to my laptop via wifi using RTPMidi. Its been pretty rock solid until I tried using it with ReaLive, so I have no idea what could be causing it to disconnect. I understand its a strange phenomenon that doesn't seem like ReaLive could have anything to do with, except for the fact that it only happens when I'm playing my setlist with ReaLive, and not normal Reaper.

Funny my controller really looks like this.
It is built on a USB teensy. I’d need to investigate with the wireless stuff. I have no clue why it disconnects.
Can you try this:
Run Vanilla AND Realive simultaneously
In Realive, disable all the midi devices but leave them connected to Vanilla.
See if you can still reliably control Vanilla while Realive is playing back?
Then try the same thing but leaving the device connected to Realive at the same time as Vanilla. Can it still reliably control Vanilla?
A video would be welcome so Incan see the problem also.
Old 07-05-2022, 08:48 AM   #193
highway11

Quote:
Best way to work in 6/8 is to work in 2/4 with a triplet feel.
When building the conductor track with a tempo under 70bpm, you’ll be prompted if you want a triplet feel.
Thanks, I'll try this!

Quote:
Funny my controller really looks like this.
It is built on a USB teensy. I’d need to investigate with the wireless stuff. I have no clue why it disconnects.
Can you try this:
Run Vanilla AND Realive simultaneously
In Realive, disable all the midi devices but leave them connected to Vanilla.
See if you can still reliably control Vanilla while Realive is playing back?
Then try the same thing but leaving the device connected to Realive at the same time as Vanilla. Can it still reliably control Vanilla?
A video would be welcome so Incan see the problem also.
Ah nice. Does yours use screens as well? I also have a web server on my controller that I can update my patches and what the screens say through a browser. I hook it up to the mobile hotspot on my Windows 10 laptop. Its kind of neat that I can just throw it anywhere on stage and don't have to be tied to my laptop. I get around 50hrs of on time with a 10,000mah USB power bank inside. But at the same time I'm seriously considering switching it from Wifi based RTPMidi/AppleMidi to a USB-Serial-Midi connection just so there's one less thing that can go wrong. Although its never given me issue until now. I will try your tests though, I haven't tried running both while disabling all midi in ReaLive.

It only disconnects randomly. It stays connected to Wifi but disconnects from the RTPMidi session for 10-20 seconds every few minutes. Which is very strange. It reconnects automatically, but its enough to make my controller totally useless, especially if I need my volume pedal for swells, hahah!
Old 07-05-2022, 09:24 AM   #194
lexaproductions

Might be worth getting a midi monitor app and verify the midi data that’s going in&out of the pedal before/during/after connection lost

If I have a better idea of this data, I may be able to get a fix for you.
Old 07-05-2022, 09:42 AM   #195
highway11

Quote:
Might be worth getting a midi monitor app and verify the midi data that’s going in&out of the pedal before/during/after connection lost

If I have a better idea of this data, I may be able to get a fix for you.
That's a great idea I'll see if I can get that data.
On an unrelated note, how do you use the "Find Tempo" feature on the Tempo screen? It just tells me "You need a time selection for this to work" but I'm selecting a time

I just realized one of my 6/8 songs is 160bpm and divided by 3 is 53.33333333 lol

Old 07-05-2022, 09:58 AM   #196
lexaproductions

There is a difference between loop selection and time selection. Right now you only have a loop selection.
But you just made me realize that it would be a good idea to support loop points in that feature!
On the todo list…. Should be easy to implement.
Old 07-05-2022, 11:34 AM   #197
highway11

Quote:
There is a difference between loop selection and time selection. Right now you only have a loop selection.
But you just made me realize that it would be a good idea to support loop points in that feature!
On the todo list…. Should be easy to implement.
Thanks for the info. Also I tried the 2/4 triplet for my 6/8 song and it works perfectly, thanks!

Pardon my ignorance, but how do I make a time selection? I assumed click+dragging on the timeline was time selection, but I guess its not?

One thing I would love to pick your brain on, if you had the time to share: The best/quickest way you handle some of the following rearranging scenarios:
1. During sound check, right before a performance your band decides to cut a chorus from the song
2. During sound check your band decides to play a chorus twice instead of once
3. During a performance you decide to play a chorus twice instead of once?!

What is the workflow you use (keyboard shortcuts/menu items/midi triggers) you use to quickly accomplish this?

The reason I ask is I only discovered today I can drag a region past the end of the song and it automatically shifts the other regions left to fill in the gaps. Awesome! I just wonder what else I'm missing, especially how to quickly duplicate a region.

This is my own answer for question #1 right now:

Last edited by highway11; 07-05-2022 at 11:54 AM.
Old 07-05-2022, 12:25 PM   #198
lexaproductions

All your requests are EXACTLY what Realive was made for.
Look in the main toolbar for the « AddActions » button. These will add different action markers for most rearranging needs
Using action markers allows you to change the arrangements without doing any edits to the actual song. Right clicking on the timeline will also give you access to those actions.
Now for your specific requests:
1: place your cursor anywhere in the song and hit CMD-J to take out measures or CMD-OPT-J to add measures
2: Hit the « add Loop » button on the toolbar and enter the number of time you want to preset the loop. If you leave it blank, the region will be loop indefinitely. Until you hit the « L » to get out of looping
3: once you get in the chorus you can use « L » to engage region looping.

You can drag regions to change the order or CMD-Drag regions to copy them. This is standard Reaper stuff.
Old 07-05-2022, 12:51 PM   #199
highway11

Quote:
All your requests are EXACTLY what Realive was made for.
Look in the main toolbar for the « AddActions » button. These will add different action markers for most rearranging needs
Using action markers allows you to change the arrangements without doing any edits to the actual song. Right clicking on the timeline will also give you access to those actions.
Now for your specific requests:
1: place your cursor anywhere in the song and hit CMD-J to take out measures or CMD-OPT-J to add measures
2: Hit the « add Loop » button on the toolbar and enter the number of time you want to preset the loop. If you leave it blank, the region will be loop indefinitely. Until you hit the « L » to get out of looping
3: once you get in the chorus you can use « L » to engage region looping.

You can drag regions to change the order or CMD-Drag regions to copy them. This is standard Reaper stuff.
Awesome, thanks so much! This gives me a great starting point in learning rearranging quickly. I had my own way of doing things but I wanted to see if there was a better way. I admit some of it is probably vanilla Reaper stuff I wasn't aware of. I'm playing with the action markers and looping now, very cool!

Can you tell me how to make a time selection vs a loop selection for finding tempo?
Old 07-05-2022, 02:47 PM   #200
lexaproductions

Have you tried SHIFT drag or CTL-SHFT drag?
Or hitting « i » before dragging.
Or right click on the loop selection and select the option to change loop to time selections there?
Sorry I don’t have my computer in front of me so I can’t try anything right now.