Old 06-09-2022, 08:40 AM   #201
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

I haven't looked at the toolbars at all (also generics, midi editor, env panels and much much more) but that could be something for the future, sure.
Old 06-09-2022, 06:50 PM   #202
FearinLoathin
Human being with feelings

My work in progress... Ever-evolving.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Main.jpg (111.4 KB, 306 views)
File Type: jpg mixer.jpg (95.4 KB, 234 views)
FearinLoathin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 11:06 PM   #203
EugenS

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tie View Post
Nothing was changed, because if you like the v5 theme you can use the v5 theme.
Hi WhiteTie,
that was very constructive from me.
An "Invert" button has nothing to do with design. This is a feature. And when that disappears, it's a limitation in work.
I try to be very constructive and friendly.
I found your answer very derogatory "because if you like the v5 theme you can use the v5 theme"
It's about the function and not what I like.
EugenS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 11:22 PM   #204
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Might be a language misunderstanding, I'll ask for help.

Edit : Apparently not. Let me rephrase : if you prefer the function of the v5 theme, then I would expect you to choose to use the v5 theme, or one of the many mods of the v5 theme that you could try. This is a script for modifying the appearance of of the v6 theme, that is all.

Last edited by White Tie; 06-09-2022 at 11:59 PM.
White Tie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 11:53 PM   #205
lazpete

Default This is gold!

Thx a LOT, this is so much fun!
lazpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 02:30 AM   #206
EugenS

Quote:
Might be a language misunderstanding, I'll ask for help.

Edit : Apparently not. Let me rephrase : if you prefer the function of the v5 theme, then I would expect you to choose to use the v5 theme, or one of the many mods of the v5 theme that you could try. This is a script for modifying the appearance of of the v6 theme, that is all.
Understood.. Sorry!
Should the question be asked of the developers with the disappearance of the function? It's unfortunately a necessary feature.
I am currently using the V5 version but would like to upgrade to the V6.
At the moment I'm looking who can help me with a few small adjustments because I work with a 75" monitor in 4K resolution at a distance of approx. 1.5m. The gray text on a black background is still very illegible. Will with time I would like to familiarize myself more with this topic.

At this point I want to ask if anyone would like to help me adapt something. I don't want a completely new theme, a few adjustments would help a lot!
Old 06-10-2022, 08:03 AM   #207
Judders

Quote:
Originally Posted by EugenS View Post
Understood.. Sorry!
Should the question be asked of the developers with the disappearance of the function? It's unfortunately a necessary feature.
I am currently using the V5 version but would like to upgrade to the V6.
At the moment I'm looking who can help me with a few small adjustments because I work with a 75" monitor in 4K resolution at a distance of approx. 1.5m. The gray text on a black background is still very illegible. Will with time I would like to familiarize myself more with this topic.

At this point I want to ask if anyone would like to help me adapt something. I don't want a completely new theme, a few adjustments would help a lot!
White Tie means that you can use the V5 theme with REAPER V6.
Judders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 08:11 AM   #208
EugenS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judders View Post
White Tie means that you can use the V5 theme with REAPER V6.
I understand. My question is why you can't do that in the V6? That's a function you need..!
(Is the Google English so bad that I can't be understood?)
Old 06-10-2022, 10:12 PM   #209
Rockum

Are you asking for the phase inverse button?
Rockum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 10:24 PM   #210
EugenS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockum View Post
Are you asking for the phase inverse button?
yes
Old 06-10-2022, 11:00 PM   #211
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Its here in the bottom right hand corner:

This script creates modifications of the default 6 theme. If you do not like the functionality of the default 6 theme, this script is not for you.
Old 06-11-2022, 12:42 AM   #212
lucas_LCS

Quote:
Its here in the bottom right hand corner:

This script creates modifications of the default 6 theme. If you do not like the functionality of the default 6 theme, this script is not for you.
He's asking for the phase to be there when the layout is at it's most compact vertically.

Quote:
I understand. My question is why you can't do that in the V6? That's a function you need..!
(Is the Google English so bad that I can't be understood?)
It's a different layout design.

Moving the phase to a new position in the TCP when it's most compact vetically might be fairly easy, but the problems show up when the layout is then also compacted horizontally.
The phase button will start interfering with the other buttons, so their positions will also need to be modified and so on.

As White Tie suggested, if the default 6 TCP layouts A, B or C do not already provide something close to your need, you'll be better off using the default 5 theme or a custom theme that does what you want.

::

Last edited by lucas_LCS; 06-11-2022 at 12:50 AM.
lucas_LCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 06:30 AM   #213
EugenS

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas_LCS View Post
He's asking for the phase to be there when the layout is at it's most compact vertically.

It's a different layout design.

Moving the phase to a new position in the TCP when it's most compact vetically might be fairly easy, but the problems show up when the layout is then also compacted horizontally.
The phase button will start interfering with the other buttons, so their positions will also need to be modified and so on.

As White Tie suggested, if the default 6 TCP layouts A, B or C do not already provide something close to your need, you'll be better off using the default 5 theme or a custom theme that does what you want.

I see what the white tie means.

I would prefer to use the V6 but I don't understand why an important function is left out.

My questions: Is that what you want? Is it possible to fix that?
Does it make sense to let an important function disappear?

I don't want to lecture anyone, but can you tell me why that is and whether it can be done? is it possible to write a script for this?

Sorry if I'm annoying!
I'm just trying to find a solution for myself and I've looked at a lot of themes, built some myself and invest a lot of time in Reaper because I want to understand it and work with it properly. To do this, I have to understand and master my work tools.

You can tell me if you can understand Google English. I can't judge that myself, I just hope it works..))

I'm very grateful for any help!

Test the assembler tool from White Tie. This is going to be a very great tool! Thank you for doing this! This makes work easier for all users!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg solution.jpg (19.6 KB, 131 views)
Old 06-11-2022, 06:40 AM   #214
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Its a reasonable request, but please accept that it is completely unrelated to this script. You will achieve nothing by continuing to post about it in this thread.
Old 06-11-2022, 09:20 AM   #215
EpicSounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
What exactly is the difference between def6 and dark?

big difference on mac

bug - with 'creme' option fx names in mixer are not visible.
Old 06-11-2022, 09:39 AM   #216
thank you yep

In Windows, the script does not properly install when following the OP's directions - I get:

Quote:
ReaScript Error
theme_assembler.lua:1143: cannot open file 'C:\Users\[my username]\AppData\Roaming\REAPER/ColorThemes/Assembled_Theme_Resources/rtconfig.txt' (No such file or directory)
My hunch is that this is due to confusing the slash (/) with the backslash (\). The very first time I ran it, I got a similar error when trying to create the files - possibly because my %appdata% folder is symlinked to a different drive and that could possibly upset Windows permissions?.

This can be fixed by manually copying the files from %appdata%\Roaming\REAPER\Scripts\theme_assembler\i nitial to %AppData%\Roaming\REAPER\ColorThemes - once I did this, everything worked well, and I was finally able to move the routing button to the right of the FX button like it freaking belongs

Maybe running REAPER in admin mode would have allowed it to create the files, but unfortunately, after the first time you run it, it will forever believe the files have been created and will never, ever allow the option to force recreation - I tried deleting everything from the \scripts\ folder and reinstalling the lua from scratch, but somehow it still knew (well, thought it knew) that the files exist and don't need to be created.

So, I guess my questions are twofold:

1. How do I completely uninstall this script, including its internal flags? Might be good to know for future reference.
2. Could it maybe not try to shove things in %appdata% by default, or at least do so successfully (either by using consistent slashes if that's the issue, or by whatever pixie magic it requires )?

Last edited by thank you yep; 06-11-2022 at 09:46 AM.
thank you yep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 10:08 AM   #217
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicSounds View Post
Its not so much a bug, more that I copied the .reapertheme file from a 10 years old theme without any further thought Please regard those files as almost entirely placeholder for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thank you yep View Post
1. How do I completely uninstall this script, including its internal flags? Might be good to know for future reference.
2. Could it maybe not try to shove things in %appdata% by default, or at least do so successfully (either by using consistent slashes if that's the issue, or by whatever pixie magic it requires )?
  1. Reaper doesn't report the theme as missing unless you've changed to a different theme. Even if you've deleted the entire theme! You need to actually manually select a new theme, so that when the script runs Reaper will correctly report its absence.
  2. The script installs the theme to wherever Reaper reports its resource path to be. What happens when you click Options > show Reaper resource path... ?
Old 06-11-2022, 10:59 AM   #218
EugenS

Quote:
Its a reasonable request, but please accept that it is completely unrelated to this script. You will achieve nothing by continuing to post about it in this thread.
Well! That's plain text.
Then help me and say where and with whom I can discuss the topic. I don't want to annoy anyone but as I understand you are the man who makes the GUI. That's why I turned to you. Maybe you could have moved the invert button like fx, routing etc.. Could have been.
The assembler you make will be very good!. I test every version you make.
Old 06-11-2022, 12:17 PM   #219
lucas_LCS

Quote:
Well! That's plain text.
Then help me and say where and with whom I can discuss the topic. I don't want to annoy anyone but as I understand you are the man who makes the GUI. That's why I turned to you.
create a new thread in the Theme Forum and ask for help or guidance changing the location of the phase button the Default 6 TCP layout.
White Tie may respond to you there about it, but others may also respond.
It's possible someone will tackle the issue for you, but you should be prepared to learn Walter and make the changes yourself

Quote:
Maybe you could have moved the invert button like fx, routing etc.. Could have been.
This is way the layout was designed.
Changing it now would mean at the very least a partial rewrite of the layout and that could also affect the Theme Adjuster Script, etc.
It's do-able, but can have a snowball effect or become a can of worms.
In any case, it's not likely to happen to the default 6 theme, but will be instead a mod that will need to be created by you or someone else.

Last edited by lucas_LCS; 06-14-2022 at 08:35 PM. Reason: fixed typos
lucas_LCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 03:12 PM   #220
EugenS

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas_LCS View Post
create a new thread in the Theme Forum and ask for help or guidance changing the location of the phase button the Default 6 TCP layout.
White Tie may respond to you ther aout it, but others may also respond.
It's possible someone will tackle the issue for you, but you should be prepared to learn Walter and make the changes yourself

This is way the layout was designed.
Changing it now would mean at the very least a partial rewrite of the layout and that could also affect the Theme Adjuster Script, etc.
It's do-able, but can have a snowball effect or become a can of worms.
In any case, it's not likely to happen to the default 6 theme, but will be instead a mod that will need to be created by you or someone else.

Hi Lucas,
Thank you for the tips and clear explanation.
So much effort for one man? I don't want to do that to anyone. For me it was clear that everyone who records and mixes is an important function. But if nobody else cares, sorry..
Clear communication would have helped. Friendly, constructive but clear and we could have saved ourselves this long communication. I'm not here to annoy people..!

You've already made a lot of nice themes, I've looked at them, but as soon as it comes to V6, the problem is probably the same everywhere. I get it, it's too complicated for a single person.

Here is something about the right topic (Assembler):
Visual bugs at 150 and 200% (M Icon) is not displayed correctly.
Look at the picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Visual-Bug.jpg (35.2 KB, 147 views)
Old 06-14-2022, 09:36 AM   #221
JRTaylorMusic

Just updated to 0609b (following the instructions for erase theme, etc.) and it looks wonky. Also, when I click on one of the cryptic looking buttons to the left, it crashes with the following message:

Code:
...y/Application Support/REAPER/Scripts/theme_assembler.lua:370: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value (field 'index')
JRTaylorMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 07:03 PM   #222
rotors

Loving this theme White Tie, excellent job.

Any chance that you can also add the option to change the button positions for the master track? (FX, routing etc)

It's great that this is an option on the individual tracks, but this would help keep my work flow the same across all tracks.

Thanks and keep up the great work.
rotors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 08:50 PM   #223
Jerok

I really wish you would add a font changing function. The default font on 1440p is a bit to hard on the eyes.
Also any plan on adding different textures and color yes to the mixer FX and send slots?
Jerok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 08:59 AM   #224
witchapestudio

This rules! Thanks WT!
witchapestudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 07:22 PM   #225
EduSerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexan View Post
Simplified code and added all TCP layouts finding (same logic for the other layouts)
Hi. I imported the script and open it with action but nothing happens, just an empty box.

How can I load the layouts for tweaking?

Thanks
EduSerra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 06:29 AM   #226
norbury brook

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicSounds View Post
big difference on mac

nothing happens on windows unfortunately.... would love to have the proper dark mode work across all windows.

I have dark mode in windows enabled but Reaper doesn't recognise it.
M
Old 06-17-2022, 08:08 AM   #227
Sexan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EduSerra View Post
Hi. I imported the script and open it with action but nothing happens, just an empty box.

How can I load the layouts for tweaking?

Thanks
Since nothing is showing up I assume you are not using default V6 theme you are trying to modify this Assembler theme (and that does not work). This tool works exclusively with Default V6 theme (zipped)
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=267323

To clarify, this tool does not work in conjunction with this theme or this script. Its a separate tool that works ONLY with Default V6 theme OR theme based on Default V6 config file (zipped files like normal themes).
Sexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 01:49 AM   #228
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

NEW VERSION 0623 in post #1 :
  • Fixes.
  • Three simple restyle-based image sets, to add a lot more choice:

'sand'

'graphite'

'paper'

INSTRUCTIONS - Use the 'ERASE THEME' button (Theme Assembler script, top right). Then delete theme_assembler.lua and the theme_assembler folder from your scripts folder, and unzip the new ones there. Then carry on as normal.
Old 06-23-2022, 06:43 AM   #229
Gaetano

White Tie,

thank you so much for this! For some of us that are not great to figure out how to change setting etc, this is really a big change. I want to tell you that I really appreciate the work you have done.

Thank you again!
Old 06-23-2022, 07:30 AM   #230
Judders

Likewise. Thank you very much for doing this, it's appreciated.

Those new images look great!
Old 06-23-2022, 08:16 AM   #231
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

You're welcome.
Old 06-23-2022, 09:29 AM   #232
JRTaylorMusic

I reinstalled again using the new version and it still looks wonky.
I had successfully reinstalled the second version after the first, but have subsequently had no luck – this keeps happening:

Old 06-23-2022, 11:06 AM   #233
Crumbfort

Wow, this is absolutely ace!! Thanks so much for creating this, WT!
Crumbfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 12:46 PM   #234
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

@JRTaylorMusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTaylorMusic View Post
this keeps happening:
Could you try this test build for me please? It keeps inefficiently trying to reposition the elements which isn't a solution, but if it solves your problem that would give me a direction to try fixing. Thanks!
Old 06-23-2022, 01:17 PM   #235
JRTaylorMusic

Well it didn't fix it directly, but upon further investigation I found that manually deleting the Assembled_Theme_Resources from ColorThemes in addition to the other update instructions got it working with the 0623 script.

Thank you for your excellent work on this!
Old 06-24-2022, 09:04 PM   #236
rotors

Could someone please tell me if there is a option / way to change the button order positions for the master track? (FX, routing etc)

Really digging this theme, thanks for the great work White Tie.
rotors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 08:40 AM   #237
Steve36

Thank you White Tie. Your talent and generosity are humbling.

Steve
Steve36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 10:03 AM   #238
norbury brook

excellent thank you WT.

Can I ask a question about the meters?

On my laptop which ever I chose are fine. On my Main DAW yesterday the meters I'd chosen were really choppy in action, I had to change to the default V6 ones for them to be as I would excpect.

is this anything to do with GFX card and monitor refresh rate.

my laptop has an nvidea 3070 and a 165mhz 4k screen.

My studio has AMD 580 GFX and a 30 mhz 4 k screen.

TIA

M
Old 06-26-2022, 10:12 PM   #239
Judders

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbury brook View Post
excellent thank you WT.

Can I ask a question about the meters?

On my laptop which ever I chose are fine. On my Main DAW yesterday the meters I'd chosen were really choppy in action, I had to change to the default V6 ones for them to be as I would excpect.

my laptop has an nvidea 3070 and a 165mhz 4k screen.

My studio has AMD 580 GFX and a 30 mhz 4 k screen.

TIA

M
Did you check the meter speed in preferences? Did you have a plugin GUI open? Was there a lot of plugins in the project?
Old 06-27-2022, 03:02 AM   #240
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Thanks folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotors View Post
Could someone please tell me if there is a option / way to change the button order positions for the master track? (FX, routing etc)
Yes, and there always has been, just not with this script. Look in the rtconfig.txt file for the instructions "MODDING WITH 'THEN'".

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbury brook View Post
the meters I'd chosen were really choppy in action, I had to change to the default V6 ones for them to be as I would excpect.

I think its highly unlikely to be to do with anything related to any of that; there's very little difference between the meters and how they function. I would guess it was a coincidence of something else going on with the computer at that time; has it happened again?

Anything to do with GFX card and monitor refresh rate? No.