Old 01-02-2021, 05:08 AM   #361
Stimulus
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by gxray View Post
The media browser is the default look, I think I might have my configurations set differently than yours?

Try right-clicking in the Media Explorer, going to "Show" and toggling the value of "Vertical Layout"

I think the video you're mentioning is the Youtube video I posted and linked earlier in the thread -- that's an extension called Sower. In the options for it, you can change the theme, there are four and one is an FL Studio theme:

http://nizzei8q.bget.ru/sower/index.php

Enjoy =)
Thanks. Sower looks ace.

Just downloaded it.

EDIT - How do you get Sower working?

Last edited by Stimulus; 01-02-2021 at 09:17 AM.
Stimulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 12:26 PM   #362
Stimulus

Hi Mordi!

Found a couple of issues with your theme today.

The first pic is the Icon in the main icons for snapping when you've got Relative Snap on, it doesn't light up orange like the others when selected and the icon changes to a green one too, is that the intended behaviour?

The 2nd pic is notes showing up highlighted or in a different colour in the arranger but nothing seems to be wrong in the midi editor, no velocities different or notes muted or anything I can see so I wonder if this is a theme issue, anyone else had this? certain notes are showing up white but don't know why?

Is it also possible for theme designers to design menu's too? not change the menu items as such, just the font, font sizing and colour of the menu background and text ink? It'd be great if you copied the FL Studio menu colours and font for this theme too.
Attached Images
File Type: png Relative Snap Icon.PNG (5.0 KB, 278 views)
File Type: png Midi Clip.PNG (4.2 KB, 281 views)

Last edited by Stimulus; 01-05-2021 at 04:20 PM.
Old 01-10-2021, 07:30 PM   #363
Stimulus

Anyone know what's happened to Mordi, it'll be 2 weeks tomorrow since he posted / after anything to this thread?

Also, am I right in thinking you can customise a theme (such as this one) further yourself?
Old 01-10-2021, 07:35 PM   #364
lachinhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimulus View Post
EDIT - How do you get Sower working?
Pls, see ...

lachinhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 05:32 AM   #365
Mordi

Quote:
The first pic is the Icon in the main icons for snapping when you've got Relative Snap on, it doesn't light up orange like the others when selected and the icon changes to a green one too, is that the intended behaviour?
This is because I haven't made images for this icon. I might do this later at some point.

Quote:
The 2nd pic is notes showing up highlighted or in a different colour in the arranger but nothing seems to be wrong in the midi editor, no velocities different or notes muted or anything I can see so I wonder if this is a theme issue, anyone else had this? certain notes are showing up white but don't know why?
The reason some are white and some not is that some of the notes are very thin, so they only have the black outline. Basically, it's probably rounding down the size to zero at that zoom level. I don't think it's a theme issue, unless there is a way to make the outline a different color.

Quote:
Is it also possible for theme designers to design menu's too? not change the menu items as such, just the font, font sizing and colour of the menu background and text ink? It'd be great if you copied the FL Studio menu colours and font for this theme too.
That would be nice, but it's not possible at the moment.

Quote:
Also, am I right in thinking you can customise a theme (such as this one) further yourself?
Yep, you can change any themes by unzipping the ".reaperThemeZip" file. This theme already comes unzipped, if I remember correctly. You can also change colors by going to the action list and searching for "Theme". There should be some sort of theme color changer there.
Old 01-11-2021, 07:35 AM   #366
Ozman

Any word/progress on some more MCP (wider) layouts?
Ozman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 08:32 AM   #367
Mordi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozman View Post
Any word/progress on some more MCP (wider) layouts?
I wouldn't count on that any time soon. Unless someone else takes on the challenge?
Old 01-12-2021, 06:45 AM   #368
Stimulus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordi View Post
This is because I haven't made images for this icon. I might do this later at some point.

The reason some are white and some not is that some of the notes are very thin, so they only have the black outline. Basically, it's probably rounding down the size to zero at that zoom level. I don't think it's a theme issue, unless there is a way to make the outline a different color.

That would be nice, but it's not possible at the moment.

Yep, you can change any themes by unzipping the ".reaperThemeZip" file. This theme already comes unzipped, if I remember correctly. You can also change colors by going to the action list and searching for "Theme". There should be some sort of theme color changer there.
Thanks for your replies Mordi. What I was wanting to do is have the Main Toolbar Icons behave like FL Studio. I think the icons should only be lit when clicked and selected, not when hovered over and / or selected.

Shame about the Menu's. Menu's should be themselves. There was also no right click options in mouse modifiers I noticed the other week.
Old 02-03-2021, 07:02 AM   #369
Stimulus

Just got an issue in your theme. Not sure why but the piano on my drums track is slightly shaded, so lighter in texture than my other midi tracks. Changed themes and not an issue. Can't see a reason for this like notes weren't highlighted or anything that I could see.
Attached Images
File Type: png Reaper Midi Editor Shadier.png (38.0 KB, 266 views)
Old 02-09-2021, 12:45 PM   #370
Desmond

I am using this theme and love it. I much prefer what you've done with the tracks here though, when will you update the skin to have the tracks display like you keep showing? Keep up the awesome work!
Desmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 07:56 AM   #371
Mordi

Quote:
Just got an issue in your theme. Not sure why but the piano on my drums track is slightly shaded, so lighter in texture than my other midi tracks. Changed themes and not an issue. Can't see a reason for this like notes weren't highlighted or anything that I could see.
Hmm, not sure why this is happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmond View Post
I am using this theme and love it. I much prefer what you've done with the tracks here though, when will you update the skin to have the tracks display like you keep showing? Keep up the awesome work!
Cool, thanks. I'm not sure what you're referring to, unless you're looking at images from an older version? If so, the older versions are still up:
Beta 1
Beta 2
Beta 3
Old 02-10-2021, 08:12 AM   #372
gxray

Quote:
Hmm, not sure why this is happening.
There's nothing wrong with your theme mate =)

He's got Key Snap turned on and set to a major scale, so the black (I dunno music terms, "minor" or "sharp/"flat" keys they're called?) keys are greyed out to show that they cannot be used.

You can tell by the yellow marker on his piano keys that indicate the root note of the current scale that Key Snap is set to.

Old 02-16-2021, 02:49 AM   #373
baldo

Default One of the best

Hi man,

your theme is one my favorite, along with clearview.

It is so easy on the eyes, very clear and everything is readable !

The only downside for me now, is the too low number of avaible layouts

But Wow amazing.
baldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 04:32 AM   #374
Junolab

Somehow my "Back" and "Forward" buttons are missing even though I have the Beta 4 installed (see attachment). What could be the issue?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg transport.jpg (52.0 KB, 197 views)
Junolab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 03:30 PM   #375
gxray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junolab View Post
Somehow my "Back" and "Forward" buttons are missing even though I have the Beta 4 installed (see attachment). What could be the issue?
You have "Use transport home/end for markers" on the setting that Mordi doesn't use, which use different icons.

Right click either home or end, and toggle this to the opposite of whatever it currently is.
I had this same problem myself. I think the real solution is to duplicate the home/end icons and replace the ones used for this setting with the custom ones as well.

Old 02-27-2021, 03:38 PM   #376
Junolab

Quote:
Originally Posted by gxray View Post
You have "Use transport home/end for markers" on the setting that Mordi doesn't use, which use different icons.

Right click either home or end, and toggle this to the opposite of whatever it currently is.
I had this same problem myself. I think the real solution is to duplicate the home/end icons and replace the ones used for this setting with the custom ones as well.

Brilliant! That worked And yeah agree. Same buttons with both options.

Have usually returned to the default theme in Reaper every time I tried something new, but this one is really good! Which for wider MCP tracks though and a higher resolution.

@Mordi: I'm an experienced user of Affinity Designer, but I don't guess it's just a simple export of slices to quickly override all the assets in a higher resolution? Looks ok'ish, but I'm on a big 5K monitor
Old 02-28-2021, 06:26 AM   #377
Mordi

@gxray: Thanks for sorting that out. I wasn't aware of the different transport modes. I'll need to fix that at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldo View Post
Hi man,

your theme is one my favorite, along with clearview.
Thanks baldo! Glad you like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junolab View Post
@Mordi: I'm an experienced user of Affinity Designer, but I don't guess it's just a simple export of slices to quickly override all the assets in a higher resolution? Looks ok'ish, but I'm on a big 5K monitor
For some assets, it's actually as easy as just exporting at 2x resolution, but for most of them we'll need to do some manual adjusting of pink lines.

I looked into automating the process, but I don't think it currently can be done. If Affinity adds scripting at some point, it should be possible to automate it.

Feel free to experiment with it if you want to add anything.
Old 02-28-2021, 04:37 PM   #378
ProdLostboy

Default help please !

I'm having some trouble try to install the beta 4. when I install it everything stays like the default theme but the colors.

I don't know how to add a pic here so I leave a link of it below
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lBi...ew?usp=sharing
ProdLostboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 04:50 PM   #379
gxray

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdLostboy View Post
I'm having some trouble try to install the beta 4. when I install it everything stays like the default theme but the colors.

I don't know how to add a pic here so I leave a link of it below
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lBi...ew?usp=sharing
I responded on the Youtube video comment you left =)
Old 03-01-2021, 10:34 AM   #380
Junolab

Any way to access the Input FX Chain with this theme? Right now I either change theme back and forth to I run a shortcut (could be set up, but don't use it that often)
Old 03-02-2021, 01:06 PM   #381
Mordi

@Junolab: Yep, when the TCP is high enough, there should be a small «FX» icon in the bottom left, on the same line as the input dropdown. I’m not sure whether it appears in the mixer. I don’t use the mixer view, so don’t remember.
Old 03-03-2021, 12:06 AM   #382
Junolab

Quote:
@Junolab: Yep, when the TCP is high enough, there should be a small «FX» icon in the bottom left, on the same line as the input dropdown. I’m not sure whether it appears in the mixer. I don’t use the mixer view, so don’t remember.
Thanks for the reply I don't see it, however (see attachment)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screenshot.jpg (24.6 KB, 185 views)
Old 03-03-2021, 01:09 AM   #383
Mordi

Ah, it also has to be a certain width for it to show up.
Old 03-03-2021, 10:27 AM   #384
Junolab

Quote:
Ah, it also has to be a certain width for it to show up.
Haha it was literally 2px I needed before it showed up. Thanks Mordi for your support and great theme!
Old 03-09-2021, 08:43 PM   #385
grandfougue

Helle thank for one of the best them thank .

It would be nice to make the track folder in the mixer more readable and the spacing of the tracks in the folder with the edge is not sufficient for a good readability would it be possible to change this value please?

grandfougue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 12:45 AM   #386
Mordi

You’re right, that isn’t very clear. Should be doable to make it more apparent somehow.
Old 03-22-2021, 07:57 AM   #387
Mordi

Fixed a small issue today.

Before:

After:
Old 06-22-2021, 12:35 AM   #388
wavcrunch

Wow. Super nice theme. One thing I noticed; the wet/dry knob for FX in the FX window isn´t very readable.

It is much clearer in the media browser (the pitch knob).

And maybe peak readings in the MCP when the height is stretched up to a certain point?

Great work!

Cheers!

Last edited by wavcrunch; 06-22-2021 at 01:04 AM.
wavcrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 07:56 AM   #389
wavcrunch

Oh, and the clock on the transport is not visible for me at all. Works on other themes tho.

And the track names on the MCP are the other way around compared to the picture in your main post. The last letters are at the bottom, not the first.

If the track name is long, you can´t see the first words/letters. They go out of view at the top.

Strange.

Thanks anyway for the awesome graphics!
wavcrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 09:20 AM   #390
Qwervy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavcrunch View Post
Oh, and the clock on the transport is not visible for me at all. Works on other themes tho...
Right click the transport and untick center transport controls, I had the same problem but I realized that that was why. Should work for you
Qwervy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 09:23 AM   #391
Qwervy

Quote:
I wouldn't count on that any time soon. Unless someone else takes on the challenge?
Is it possible to have MCP tracks be widen-able to view multichannel track metering easier at least?

I'd love to take on the challenge I just have no idea where to start 😂
Old 09-30-2021, 08:41 PM   #392
Alez156

Omg Mordi you really polished this so well <3 this is amazing! 💙
Old 10-01-2021, 03:12 AM   #393
Spookye

Quote:
Fixed a small issue today.

Before:

After:

Hi Mordi .... very nice your theme and very clear. However, I noticed that the PLAY / BEATS etc count numbers do not appear in the transport and the display is blank. Also changing the font color -numbers. Is it your choice or is it a bug? How can this be restored ?? I'd like to associate a Digital / Gray Quartz style font. Thanks Spookye
Spookye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 04:15 AM   #394
martmix

mordi your theme is really nice & simple,i like alot

is it possible for you to make vu-meter strechable on (MCP)

thank you
martmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 10:51 AM   #395
Greg Savage

This is a very nice theme. I've linked a few of my clients to it. Makes it easier to teach FL users Reaper for some reason. Thanks again.
Old 10-05-2021, 12:25 AM   #396
Qwervy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spookye View Post
...However, I noticed that the PLAY / BEATS etc count numbers do not appear in the transport and the display is blank...
I think this is the same problem that I responded to previously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwervy View Post
Right click the transport and untick center transport controls...)
Old 10-05-2021, 04:53 AM   #397
Spookye

Thanks Qwervy .... I missed your answer. Thanks 1000 ....
Spookye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 09:18 PM   #398
Diggy

Looks great! Gonna give this a go. Thanks for all of the hard work!
Diggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 06:47 PM   #399
Spookye

Hi Mordi .... I took your splash screen and gave it "a brushstroke". Can I put it in the window? Give me a nod. I did it to pass the time and because I like to create. If you don't agree .... I will not put it in circulation. A greeting.....
Spookye
Old 11-03-2021, 04:40 AM   #400
ChocolateHawkins

Just wanted to say thanks to Mordi for creating this. I found it yesterday and it's absolutely brilliant. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help on the graphics side of things (or anything else really). I would jump between FL and Reaper all the time because I like the atmosphere and speed of FL - the relaxed visuals are inspiring. I'm going to be setting up a template for working as quickly as I do in FL and will share that once it's done.
ChocolateHawkins is offline   Reply With Quote