Old 04-10-2021, 06:30 AM   #241
ovnis
Human being with feelings

"Doesn't it happen everytime reaper starts?"
I don't know because it open always a saved project! ^^

Te be more specific, if I decline a pop up and save the project, then If re open this project, there is no pop up. Perfect!
But if I open an another project where I haven't decline the last release, there is a pop-up even if I have already decline the pop up on an another project.

CPU achitecture: x64
Installation path: C:\Program Files\REAPER (x64)
Resource path: C:\Users\st82\AppData\Roaming\REAPER
Reaper version: 6.26+dev0401
Portable: no

Executing command:
cmd.exe /Q /C "echo %TEMP%"
Return value:
C:\Users\st82\AppData\Local\Temp
Startup extstate: false
Startup splash: false

Executing command:
cmd.exe /Q /C "cd /D C:\Users\st82\AppData\Roaming\REAPER && forfiles /M reaper-reginfo2.ini /C "cmd /c echo @ftime""
Return value:
15:23:51

Executing command:
cmd.exe /Q /C "cd /D C:\Users\st82\AppData\Roaming\REAPER && forfiles /M reaper.ini /C "cmd /c echo @ftime""
Return value:
15:27:48

Executing command:
cmd.exe /Q /C "cd /D C:\Users\st82\AppData\Roaming\REAPER && copy /b reaper-reginfo2.ini +,, >nul 2>&1 && forfiles /M reaper-reginfo2.ini /C "cmd /c echo @ftime""
Return value:
15:27:51
Start time (raw): 15:23:51
Load time (raw): 15:27:48
Curr time (raw): 15:27:51
Start time: 12231.0
Load time: 12468.0
Curr time: 12471.0
Start diff: 240 / 90
Load diff: 3 / 3
Same start time: false
Startup mode: false

Executing command:
cmd.exe /Q /C "echo check_update > C:\Users\st82\AppData\Local\Temp\reaper_uutil_step .txt"

--STEP check_update

Executing command:
cmd.exe /Q /C "powershell.exe -windowstyle hidden (new-object System.Net.WebClient).DownloadFile('https://www.reaper.fm/download.php', 'C:\Users\st82\AppData\Local\Temp\reaper_uutil_mai n.html') && powershell.exe -windowstyle hidden (new-object System.Net.WebClient).DownloadFile('https://www.landoleet.org/', 'C:\Users\st82\AppData\Local\Temp\reaper_uutil_dev .html') && echo display_update > C:\Users\st82\AppData\Local\Temp\reaper_uutil_step .txt || echo err_internet > C:\Users\st82\AppData\Local\Temp\reaper_uutil_step .txt"

--STEP display_update

Curr version: 6.26+dev0401

Saved main version: 6.26
Saved dev version: 6.27rc5

Main version: 6.26
Dev version: 6.27rc5

New version: nil
ovnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 01:09 PM   #242
FeedTheCat

Just pushed a small update that might fix this issue. If it doesn't, try setting the option "Force startup mode" in the menu.

The log suggests that your reaper took 4 minutes to start, could that really be the case?
Old 04-10-2021, 04:05 PM   #243
ovnis

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedTheCat View Post
Just pushed a small update that might fix this issue. If it doesn't, try setting the option "Force startup mode" in the menu.
The fix doesn't fix!

Quote:
The log suggests that your reaper took 4 minutes to start, could that really be the case?
Nop. Same thing for very little projects.

"If it doesn't, try setting the option "Force startup mode" in the menu."

It works!
ovnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 12:06 AM   #244
o_e

Default Update Utility broken (solved!)

Hi,

I love this script!
Unfortunatly it does not work any longer (last rc 6.29, 6.30)
I'am on Mac OS X.14.6 aka 'Mojave'..

Last edited by o_e; 07-05-2021 at 01:05 AM.
o_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 12:15 AM   #245
Phazma

Quote:
Originally Posted by o_e View Post
Hi,

I love this script!
Unfortunatly it does not work any longer (last rc 6.29, 6.30)
I'am on Mac OS X.14.6 aka 'Mojave'..
Worked for me for updating to 6.30. I’m on High Sierra though.
Phazma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 12:46 AM   #246
o_e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazma View Post
Worked for me for updating to 6.30. I’m on High Sierra though.
Just tried an old version of Reaper (6.14) and everything worked fine.
So I'am a bit clueless..?
Old 07-05-2021, 12:58 AM   #247
Phazma

Quote:
Originally Posted by o_e View Post
Just tried an old version of Reaper (6.14) and everything worked fine.
So I'am a bit clueless..?
Yeah they had some internal changes about how scripts, vsts and other things are handled but I have no knowledge about these things.. might well be they have changed something that acts up on your computer with this script.

I don’t think FTC has changed anything, so probably it’s best you try to find out the first of the dev versions where it happens and post about the issue in the related dev release thread.
Old 07-05-2021, 01:04 AM   #248
o_e

Quote:
Yeah they had some internal changes about how scripts, vsts and other things are handled but I have no knowledge about these things.. might well be they have changed something that acts up on your computer with this script.

I don’t think FTC has changed anything, so probably it’s best you try to find out the first of the dev versions where it happens and post about the issue in the related dev release thread.
Thanks for the quick reply!
I solved it myself- it was a security thing of 'Little Snitch' who blocked the internet connection..
Old 07-15-2021, 09:07 PM   #249
sondust

New user here, just installed on Windows and it seemed to work seamlessly. Given how often Reaper is updated, this utility is a huge timesaver. I have spent years manually updating installs on two different machines. No more. Thank you
sondust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 11:24 AM   #250
EpicSounds

The last few times I've tried to use the update utility reaper does not automatically restart and when trying to start reaper I get this message

This is MacOS 11.4 Big Sur, and portable install.

The app and folder are not locked and my user has read & write access. Looks normal
Old 07-21-2021, 10:13 AM   #251
FeedTheCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicSounds View Post
The last few times I've tried to use the update utility reaper does not automatically restart and when trying to start reaper I get this message

This is MacOS 11.4 Big Sur, and portable install.

The app and folder are not locked and my user has read & write access. Looks normal
Hi EpicSounds, thx for reporting. Might have something to do with what is being discussed in this thread. I'll look into it.
Old 07-21-2021, 04:40 PM   #252
EpicSounds

Could be. its not putting a second one in the folder. It is replacing my working one with a broken one.
Old 07-22-2021, 06:01 AM   #253
FeedTheCat

Hi EpicSounds,

I've been trying to get to the bottom of it, seems like it is a permission thing after all.

I managed to replicate your error and after I tried some stuff it suddenly started working... the issue is that I can't make it stop working again... So I can't really pinpoint what fixed it, lol.

Before you try anything else, could you please check what the API function reaper.GetExePath() returns on your end? (Alternatively you can use the update utility: Menu > Debugging > Dump startup log, look for the "installation path" at the top of the generated file).

At my end, the function was returning some weird invalid path (starting with /private) which is apparently a Catalina privacy thing ( I think that went away after I installed the notarized version).

Here is what I did:

1. I installed the notarized catalina version from the reaper Main website
2. I gave "Full Disk Access" to Reaper in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Pricacy
3. I also gave "Full Disk Access" to the "Terminal" application

At this point it started working... but apparently now I can also install the non-notarized version and revoke all permissions..... and it still works...
I think there's something fishy going on with the MacOS permission system....

Anyway, I'm pretty confused atm, hope this helps somehow
Old 07-22-2021, 07:20 AM   #254
EpicSounds

-------------------------------------------
CPU achitecture: x86_64
Installation path: /Applications/REAPER
Resource path: /Applications/REAPER
Reaper version: 6.33rc1
Portable: yes
Startup extstate: false
Startup splash: false

Executing command:
/bin/sh -c "cd /Applications/REAPER && date -r reaper-reginfo2.ini +%s"
Return value:

Executing command:
/bin/sh -c "cd /Applications/REAPER && date -r reaper.ini +%s"
Return value:
Start time: 1626963520
Load time: 1626963530
Curr time: 1626963536
Start diff: 16 / 90
Load diff: 6 / 3
Same start time: false

Executing command:
/bin/sh -c "echo check_update > /tmp/reaper_uutil_step.txt"

--STEP check_update

Executing command:
/bin/sh -c "curl -L https://www.reaper.fm/download.php -o /tmp/reaper_uutil_main.html && curl -L https://www.landoleet.org/ -o /tmp/reaper_uutil_dev.html && echo display_update > /tmp/reaper_uutil_step.txt || echo err_internet > /tmp/reaper_uutil_step.txt"

--STEP display_update

Curr version: 6.33rc1

Saved main version: 6.32
Saved dev version: 6.33rc1

Main version: 6.32
Dev version: 6.33rc3
Found new dev version

New version: 6.33rc3
Old 07-22-2021, 08:22 AM   #255
FeedTheCat

Thx! Seems like you have installed the notarized version (at some point), let me know if giving "Full Disk Access" to reaper and terminal does the trick.
Old 07-22-2021, 08:42 AM   #256
EpicSounds

updating worked with full disk access enabled.
Old 07-22-2021, 08:50 AM   #257
FeedTheCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicSounds View Post
updating worked with full disk access enabled.
Nice! Did you also give the terminal full disk access or was giving it to reaper enough? I'm not too familiar with MacOS but maybe giving the terminal full disk access isn't the best of ideas...
Old 07-22-2021, 09:38 AM   #258
EpicSounds

Quote:
Nice! Did you also give the terminal full disk access or was giving it to reaper enough? I'm not too familiar with MacOS but maybe giving the terminal full disk access isn't the best of ideas...
I'll try removing terminal from full disk access before next update
Old 08-25-2021, 12:09 PM   #259
JonLinnarson

Hi!

I've been using your very handy script for a couple of months and everything has been working just fine until now. I changed my global startup action without thinking about this script and now I can't get it to function like it used to.

Before I made this change, the update utility only popped up when there was a update available, but after adding it to the global startup action again it pops up everytime I open Reaper :S

I've tried re-installing and also to uninstall it, then removing the whole FTC Tools folder and installing again but nothing seems to work.

Do you know a easy fix for this?

EDIT: Nevermind! It seems like disabling "Force startup mode" fixed it Thanks for a great script!

Last edited by JonLinnarson; 08-25-2021 at 12:19 PM.
JonLinnarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 03:49 PM   #260
sondust

Default Bug or Feature Question

I seem to get notifications for dev builds even though I've only selected full release versions, am I interpreting this functionality correctly? thx

Attached Images
File Type: png 2021-09-14 copy.png (32.6 KB, 452 views)
Old 09-15-2021, 02:37 AM   #261
FeedTheCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sondust View Post
I seem to get notifications for dev builds even though I've only selected full release versions, am I interpreting this functionality correctly? thx

Yes, with the shown configuration you should only get notified when a main version is released. Does enabling "force startup mode" change anything?
Old 09-15-2021, 02:00 PM   #262
sondust

Thanks for your reply...toggling that setting and restarting seems to make no difference, it still pulls up both.

I've updated to the latest version of Reaper and these still come up when I run the script.

Intrested if anyone else is getting this. I'm on Windows, running the latest Reaper (of course)

Thank you

Quote:
Yes, with the shown configuration you should only get notified when a main version is released. Does enabling "force startup mode" change anything?

Last edited by sondust; 09-15-2021 at 02:06 PM.
Old 09-16-2021, 03:05 AM   #263
FeedTheCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sondust View Post
Thanks for your reply...toggling that setting and restarting seems to make no difference, it still pulls up both.
Hmm, ok I think there was a misunderstanding after all. Are you expecting the script to only show the main version and not display the development version at all? The GUI currently always shows both main and dev, but I could maybe add that as a feature.

Notifications are for usage of the script on startup e.g. with SWS global startup action. When a new reaper version is available the script window will pop up and the new version will be highlighted in orange (check out the first post of the thread). If no new version is available the script window won't show at all.
Old 09-21-2021, 01:03 PM   #264
DarrenH

I was also assuming that the check on the options means "show only the things you've checked"

Quote:
Hmm, ok I think there was a misunderstanding after all. Are you expecting the script to only show the main version and not display the development version at all? The GUI currently always shows both main and dev, but I could maybe add that as a feature.

Notifications are for usage of the script on startup e.g. with SWS global startup action. When a new reaper version is available the script window will pop up and the new version will be highlighted in orange (check out the first post of the thread). If no new version is available the script window won't show at all.

Last edited by DarrenH; 09-22-2021 at 05:23 AM.
DarrenH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 08:28 AM   #265
FeedTheCat

Update (version 1.7):
  • Added toggle option to start script on startup (creates entry in __startup.lua)
  • Removed automatic startup detection logic
  • Added dedicated button for installing older versions
  • Rearranged startup notifications menu options
  • Some other minor GUI changes (e.g. tooltips)

Would be nice if someone with an existing __startup.lua can check if the entry is created correctly. Please make a backup first though
Old 09-27-2021, 07:33 AM   #266
DarrenH

@FeedTheCat

Really like the update, and the toggle to show only when there's a new update...I've been seeing it every time I start up, which didn't seem to function as intended. So far so good, thank you
DarrenH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 07:55 AM   #267
Jae.Thomas

wow this has really come a ways!

I had it set as a global startup action, installed the latest dev version and then I saw the "run at startup" option.

I cleared the startup action, and then enabled this. Then I installed an earlier dev version to see if it would notify me. Now it doesn't start automatically.

It runs just fine when I call it from the actions list and im sure it would work again if I set it as a global action.

I re-enabled it using SWS global startup, and it worked again, but gave me a message saying "terminate or make a new instance" or something, so I said new instance and remember answer. Working fine now.

Is something im doing here wrong or redundant?

I am not sure what that "run at startup" option does, or if I'm using it right.

and now im getting this:

and then it shuts down

Last edited by Jae.Thomas; 09-27-2021 at 09:25 AM.
Jae.Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 01:23 AM   #268
Phazma

Currently the update utility doesn't show me any RC versions..
Old 09-28-2021, 06:51 AM   #269
FeedTheCat

Quote:
Currently the update utility doesn't show me any RC versions..
Fixed, thx for reporting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae.Thomas View Post
wow this has really come a ways!

I had it set as a global startup action, installed the latest dev version and then I saw the "run at startup" option.

I cleared the startup action, and then enabled this. Then I installed an earlier dev version to see if it would notify me. Now it doesn't start automatically.

It runs just fine when I call it from the actions list and im sure it would work again if I set it as a global action.

I re-enabled it using SWS global startup, and it worked again, but gave me a message saying "terminate or make a new instance" or something, so I said new instance and remember answer. Working fine now.

Is something im doing here wrong or redundant?

I am not sure what that "run at startup" option does, or if I'm using it right.

and now im getting this:

and then it shuts down
Hmmm, trying to wrap my head around what's happened on your side I think the "run on startup" option was working correctly. You probably had the option "Only show window when a new version is available" checked as well, so the script window was not showing (no new update) and you thought it wasn't working.

When you added it again to SWS global startup, the script was then being run twice at startup, hence the dialog "terminate or make new instance" (it was already running). The error message is probably a product of you choosing "new instance" over "terminate". The correct answer is "terminate", as it is for most long running scripts. Hope the devs remove that dialog soon and let the script author decide... Here's the feature request.

Can you please try the following:

1. Remove action from SWS global startup
2. Delete the script in action list and reinstall through ReaPack
3. Launch script and check option "Run script on startup" and uncheck option "Only show window when a new version is available"
4. Restart reaper, the update utility window should now show on startup.

You might also want to remove/modify the file __startup.lua in your Scripts folder (resource directory), but that shouldn't be necessary. Some more info on this: If you create a script named __startup.lua in your Scripts folder, reaper will run this script on startup. The "run at startup" option will either create this script for you (as most user won't have one by default) or modify your existing __startup.lua file to add an entry which launches the update utility.

Hope this helps
Old 09-28-2021, 10:26 AM   #270
MonkeyBars

Wow, thanks for this terrific utility!
MonkeyBars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 10:39 AM   #271
Jae.Thomas

this is what is in my startup file:

Code:
-- Start script: REAPER Update Utility (check for new versions)
local update_utility_cmd = '_RS852f0872789b997921f7f9d40e6f997553bd5147'
reaper.Main_OnCommand(reaper.NamedCommandLookup(update_utility_cmd), 0)

--HOVER EDITING
hover_editing = tonumber(reaper.GetExtState("LKC_TOOLS","hover_editing_state"))
if hover_editing == nil then hover_editing = 1 end
command = reaper.NamedCommandLookup("_RS8277b238cd7341ba4a3c9ff870f30876ce76160b")
reaper.SetToggleCommandState(0, command, hover_editing)

function StartupScript_Archie()
    ARC_VIEW_ZOOM_WIDTH_FULL_PROJECT_RECOVERY_BACK_LUA=reaper.Main_OnCommand(reaper.NamedCommandLookup('_RSfe99ea4b80b78da5821a131d1f7fde420af00fd1'),0)
end StartupScript_Archie()

-- Begin Reaticulate startup stanza (don't edit this line)
local sep = package.config:sub(1, 1)
local script = debug.getinfo(1, 'S').source:sub(2)
local basedir = script:gsub('(.*)' .. sep .. '.*$', '%1')
dofile(basedir .. sep .. 'Reaticulate' .. sep .. 'actions' .. sep .. 'Reaticulate_Start.lua')
-- End Reaticulate startup stanza (don't edit this line)
so I am now putting .bak on that to see what happens. What's funny tho is that these other actions aren't in my startup script.

----

ok so I renamed my old one to .bak, and then ran reaper, set the script to start on start up, restarted and it didn't show, probably because it already showed the latest RC. So I set it to run every time, not just when new versions.

It started.

and then I added the other lines from my startup.lua.bak to the new one,

and everything seems to work!

and then I set it back to new versions only, and dev only
Jae.Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 02:29 AM   #272
FeedTheCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBars View Post
Wow, thanks for this terrific utility!
Glad you like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae.Thomas View Post
this is what is in my startup file:
Ah, thx for posting this. Interesting to see that/how other scripts add themselves to run on startup.
Old 09-30-2021, 03:17 PM   #273
MonkeyBars

Currently getting "Download failed" on macOS 10.14 – server outage perhaps?
Old 10-01-2021, 05:21 AM   #274
FeedTheCat

Quote:
Currently getting "Download failed" on macOS 10.14 – server outage perhaps?
Was it working before, is it working now?
Old 10-01-2021, 07:05 AM   #275
MonkeyBars

Quote:
Was it working before, is it working now?
Yesterday was my first time trying, and it still doesn't work, so perhaps some other issue is at play.
Old 10-01-2021, 07:33 AM   #276
FeedTheCat

Hmm, I think someone reported this on MacOS before, but I haven't been able to replicate it. Maybe it's a pre-Catalina thing, not sure

If you send me the log output, I might be able to fix it.

1. Enable Debugging > Log to console
2. Restart script
3. Try to install some version (start download)
4. After you get the error message post the log output here
Old 10-01-2021, 08:24 AM   #277
MonkeyBars

Quote:
If you send me the log output, I might be able to fix it.

1. Enable Debugging > Log to console
2. Restart script
3. Try to install some version (start download)
4. After you get the error message post the log output here
How do I enable debugging? The Update Utility never gets to any screen I can click on – it just says "Checking for updates" and there is a popup "Error Download failed". Clicking the one OK button closes both.
Old 10-01-2021, 09:27 AM   #278
FeedTheCat

Quote:
How do I enable debugging? The Update Utility never gets to any screen I can click on – it just says "Checking for updates" and there is a popup "Error Download failed". Clicking the one OK button closes both.
Ahh alright, I thought it was failing further down the process. Interesting... hadn't really thought about this scenario. I just uploaded a small update (Synchronize packages in ReaPack). When the download fails you should now be seeing this message:

Old 10-01-2021, 10:16 AM   #279
MonkeyBars

Nice work! Here you go

Code:
-------------------------------------------
CPU achitecture: x86_64
Installation path: /Applications
Resource path: /Users/gabriel/Library/Application Support/REAPER
Reaper version: 6.36
Portable: no
Startup extstate: true

Executing command:
/bin/sh -c "echo check_update > /tmp/reaper_uutil_step.txt"

--STEP check_update

Executing command:
/bin/sh -c "curl -L https://www.reaper.fm/download.php -o /tmp/reaper_uutil_main.html && curl -L https://www.landoleet.org/ -o /tmp/reaper_uutil_dev.html && echo display_update > /tmp/reaper_uutil_step.txt || echo err_internet > /tmp/reaper_uutil_step.txt"

--STEP err_internet
Old 10-02-2021, 02:24 AM   #280
daxliniere

Hey FTC,
I just started getting notifications even when I'm on the current version. Started with 6.37rc3, IIRC.
Attached Images
File Type: png ReaUpdate.png (20.1 KB, 73 views)
daxliniere is offline   Reply With Quote