Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 05-05-2021, 02:13 AM   #1721
Jed
Human being with feelings

Default Touch Automation issue

Moss I just noticed the following when automating using Push 2:

- Long press the Automate button, set the mode to Touch.
- Press play and move a parameter knob and the automation is recorded as expected.
- Let go of the knob - the parameter keeps on recording and overwriting the already
recorded automation (as you would expect in write mode, not touch mode)

I know that there is an option in the Driven By Moss config to turn off automation when you release the parameter knob, but to me it makes more sense to leave the Automate button active and simply stop automating the parameter when you release the knob. That's how touch mode works when automating with a mouse.

Cheers
Jed

Last edited by Jed; 05-05-2021 at 02:23 AM.
Jed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 01:55 AM   #1722
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed View Post
Moss I just noticed the following when automating using Push 2:

- Long press the Automate button, set the mode to Touch.
- Press play and move a parameter knob and the automation is recorded as expected.
- Let go of the knob - the parameter keeps on recording and overwriting the already
recorded automation (as you would expect in write mode, not touch mode)

I know that there is an option in the Driven By Moss config to turn off automation when you release the parameter knob, but to me it makes more sense to leave the Automate button active and simply stop automating the parameter when you release the knob. That's how touch mode works when automating with a mouse.

Cheers
Jed
Yes, you are right. Automation Touch mode is only supported for volume and panorama. This is a limitation of the Reaper CSI API. I will add that info to the Known Issues section in the manual.
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 07:43 AM   #1723
petergreeny

Moss, I continue to appreciate your work on this - absolutely essential for my use of Reaper.

Any chance you could add 'Has motors faders on/off' to the selection options for the F1-F5 assignable MCU buttons? Assigning this to a function button would make it delightfully easy to turn motors on/off mid-session to kill their noise on playback.

Also, is there a way to reduce the volume of the audio when jogging or using fast forward/rewind?
petergreeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 12:59 PM   #1724
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by petergreeny View Post
Moss, I continue to appreciate your work on this - absolutely essential for my use of Reaper.
Thank you!

Quote:
Any chance you could add 'Has motors faders on/off' to the selection options for the F1-F5 assignable MCU buttons? Assigning this to a function button would make it delightfully easy to turn motors on/off mid-session to kill their noise on playback.
Noted.

Quote:
Also, is there a way to reduce the volume of the audio when jogging or using fast forward/rewind?
I would be surprised if there isn't an option among the gazillion Reaper settings or SWS. Maybe ask in the general Reaper forum.
Old 05-09-2021, 01:52 PM   #1725
moss

DrivenByMoss 12.0.0 is online!

Get it from http://mossgrabers.de
  • Generic Flexi:
    • Fixed: Feedback of track mode was wrong.
  • Maschine JAM
    • New: Now supported by DrivenByMoss!
  • Maschine Mk3 / Maschine Mikro Mk3
    • New: Renamed template to DrivenByMoss.
    • New: Added option to configure record and shift+record in the settings.
  • Maschine Mk3
    • New: The Shift button is working!
    • New: Group buttons display now the button combination state (solo/mute/rec arm).
    • New: Rec+Group button toggles rec arm.
    • New: Shift+Solo clears the Solo state on all tracks.
    • New: Shift+Mute clears the Mute state on all tracks.
  • Kontrol Mk1
    • Fixed: Out of scale notes were lit.

Maschine JAM introduction:

https://youtu.be/Tbgi12VviHE

Enjoy!
Old 05-09-2021, 04:40 PM   #1726
foxAsteria

Hi! Gonna try this new version tonite, but last time I did, none of the custom modes were available at all, even tho the manual said they should work like normal. Am I just dumb or what? Thanks!
Old 05-10-2021, 12:22 AM   #1727
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
Hi! Gonna try this new version tonite, but last time I did, none of the custom modes were available at all, even tho the manual said they should work like normal. Am I just dumb or what? Thanks!
It helps a lot if you at least tell me which device you are talking about...
Furthermore, what are you doing, what is happening, what did you expect to happen...
Old 05-10-2021, 07:49 AM   #1728
foxAsteria

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
It helps a lot if you at least tell me which device you are talking about...
Furthermore, what are you doing, what is happening, what did you expect to happen...
LOL, yea...sorry, it's LaunchPad X and holding the custom button down doesn't access any of my custom modes when holding the custom button. Manual seems to indicate that should work normally and I've already configured them in the Components app.
Old 05-10-2021, 11:05 AM   #1729
moss

Quote:
LOL, yea...sorry, it's LaunchPad X and holding the custom button down doesn't access any of my custom modes when holding the custom button. Manual seems to indicate that should work normally and I've already configured them in the Components app.
Sorry, no. That works only with the SL Mk3.

Where do you think this is written in the manual? So I can clarify.

BTW: I just noticed that the Maschine JAM section was missing in the manual, the ZIP file is now updated on the server with a corrected version.
Old 05-12-2021, 08:52 AM   #1730
sigmundklaus

Default 2021-may- any working motorized fader controller (without CSI)

Hey guys,

Is there any DAW controller, with motorized faders, at this point in time (mid 2021) that works out of the box with Reaper without the need for CSI?

After f-ing around with CSI/Behringer X Touch/AMD Ryzen config horror-trio for a couple of hours I came to the conclusion that although I appreciate all the effort that went into CSI and all the endless possibilities within Reaper ... f. all that, I want to spend my time working in Reaper and not working Reaper/extensions.

thanks.
sigmundklaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 11:21 AM   #1731
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmundklaus View Post
Hey guys,

Is there any DAW controller, with motorized faders, at this point in time (mid 2021) that works out of the box with Reaper without the need for CSI?

After f-ing around with CSI/Behringer X Touch/AMD Ryzen config horror-trio for a couple of hours I came to the conclusion that although I appreciate all the effort that went into CSI and all the endless possibilities within Reaper ... f. all that, I want to spend my time working in Reaper and not working Reaper/extensions.

thanks.
This is not the CSI thread :-)

I could tell you now to use DrivenByMoss and all is good but I guess if you struggle with CSI you will struggle with that, too.

Nevertheless, I use an iCON QCon Pro X since some years now without any issues.

Uh, and: Reaper is about configuration, if you do not like this it is the wrong DAW for you :-)
Old 05-13-2021, 03:23 AM   #1732
moss

DrivenByMoss 12.1.0 is online!

• Fire, Maschine, Push
    • New: Editing note pitch changes now in 0.1 steps independent of the knob speed setting.
  • Maschine+
    • New: Now supported by DrivenByMoss! I still don't have one, so fingers crossed that it works.
  • Maschine Mk2
    • New: Now supported by DrivenByMoss!
  • Maschine Mikro Mk3
    • Fixed: Stop button did not emulate Shift button.

https://youtu.be/FbcVPbhnUQg

Enjoy!
Old 05-13-2021, 04:16 PM   #1733
garck

Default A big thanks

Just to say thanks for your work from a recent Reaper convert. Works great with my Icon Platform M+D. Now I can zoom!
Just one question. Horizontal zoom works great, but there seems to be no option to assign vertical zoom...? Or have I missed something.
Once again many thanks!
garck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 06:51 PM   #1734
foxAsteria

Ey, sorry thought I'd replied. I was just searching the pdf help for "custom mode," and wasn't really paying attention to what section I was in. My fault.

Btw I noticed in the new release you're using the very useful STOP button on mk3 mikro as a shift button? May I suggest using the not so useful (IMO) FIXED VEL button instead? It's got a nice central location and I have no idea why anyone would need such a feature on the fly.
Old 05-13-2021, 10:56 PM   #1735
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by garck View Post
Just to say thanks for your work from a recent Reaper convert. Works great with my Icon Platform M+D. Now I can zoom!
Just one question. Horizontal zoom works great, but there seems to be no option to assign vertical zoom...? Or have I missed something.
Once again many thanks!
Vertical Zoom should change the track height. Are you saying nothing happens?
Don't have the M+ here but tried with my QCon and it works fine.
Old 05-13-2021, 10:59 PM   #1736
moss

Quote:
Btw I noticed in the new release you're using the very useful STOP button on mk3 mikro as a shift button? May I suggest using the not so useful (IMO) FIXED VEL button instead? It's got a nice central location and I have no idea why anyone would need such a feature on the fly.
I know it is not optimal but it is a workaround. You can argue pro/con for different buttons. Nevertheless, it still works as the Stop button as well and you could also use the Play button which basically does the same.
Old 05-14-2021, 04:41 AM   #1737
garck

Quote:
Vertical Zoom should change the track height. Are you saying nothing happens?
Don't have the M+ here but tried with my QCon and it works fine.
Excuse my ignorance. There was a Use vertical zoom as selection option that was on. Both are working great now, thanks.

Last edited by garck; 05-14-2021 at 05:31 AM.
Old 05-15-2021, 10:18 AM   #1738
petergreeny

Moss, I'm attempting to used my X-Touch MCU + 2 X-Touch extenders with your control software via ethernet network connection rather than USB at the moment to no avail. The message I'm seeing in the DrivenbyMoss configuration window for each unit is:

"Attempt to send to closed MIDI output: CoreMIDI4J - Network X-TOUCH MAIN"

which suggests the midi output is 'closed,' but I have these controllers working fine as a trio in Logic X for instance, so the MIDI over network is communicating just fine generally. Is there a setting in your software or in Reaper I'm missing concerning using these units over ethernet network rather than USB? The USB connection works fine, but I like the speed/elegance of running these over my network switch.
Old 05-15-2021, 12:10 PM   #1739
petergreeny

Quote:
Moss, I'm attempting to used my X-Touch MCU + 2 X-Touch extenders with your control software via ethernet network connection rather than USB at the moment to no avail. The message I'm seeing in the DrivenbyMoss configuration window for each unit is:

"Attempt to send to closed MIDI output: CoreMIDI4J - Network X-TOUCH MAIN"

which suggests the midi output is 'closed,' but I have these controllers working fine as a trio in Logic X for instance, so the MIDI over network is communicating just fine generally. Is there a setting in your software or in Reaper I'm missing concerning using these units over ethernet network rather than USB? The USB connection works fine, but I like the speed/elegance of running these over my network switch.
Actually, I just got it working. The problems with X-Touch over Ethernet I think were twofold:

- I was using a bad USB-C to ethernet adapter for ethernet signals coming from my Router/Switch
- if you also have the USB cables plugged in the Reaper/Moss software seems to get confused as to the source of the control, even if X-Touch is put into network mode exclusively. So if using network mode leave off the USB cable connection is my recommendation. I also went into Audio Midi settings in OSX and deleted entirely the USB Midi items for the X-Touch which may have helped.

Hopefully the above is useful to someone else also...
Old 05-15-2021, 05:42 PM   #1740
foxAsteria

I discovered a bug. Tested this in a portable install. As soon as I install the plugin and enable my LaunchPadX, I get the problem.

Here is my project:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-jO...ew?usp=sharing

After enabling the plugin, I'm getting about half second freezes of the whole Reaper UI every couple seconds. Disabling all plugins makes it go away, but enabling them one by one incrementally causes it to return. Even moving faders with mouse or MIDI controller exhibits these little delays and it isn't purely visual as the audio follows the actual fader movements.

Actually this has be driving me nuts for months because I was sure it was some plugin, but finally I tested it today in a portable install and ruled out my REAPER.ini and the plugins in the project. Next I looked at UserPlugins and found that deleting this one fixed it.
Old 05-22-2021, 03:29 AM   #1741
garck

Default Platform M+ Zoom & Configurations

Just to report back after a week of constant usage that the software works great with the Platform M+ & D on Reaper.

The only quirk I have is that the zoom mode is always off by default in the Configuration if I restart Reaper. Other configuration changes I make seem to be remembered successfully.

Again thanks for all your work.
Old 05-23-2021, 07:37 AM   #1742
moss

Quote:
I discovered a bug. Tested this in a portable install. As soon as I install the plugin and enable my LaunchPadX, I get the problem.

Here is my project:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-jO...ew?usp=sharing

After enabling the plugin, I'm getting about half second freezes of the whole Reaper UI every couple seconds. Disabling all plugins makes it go away, but enabling them one by one incrementally causes it to return. Even moving faders with mouse or MIDI controller exhibits these little delays and it isn't purely visual as the audio follows the actual fader movements.

Actually this has be driving me nuts for months because I was sure it was some plugin, but finally I tested it today in a portable install and ruled out my REAPER.ini and the plugins in the project. Next I looked at UserPlugins and found that deleting this one fixed it.
Sorry, I cannot do anything with the project file since I do not own any of those plugins.
Old 05-23-2021, 07:38 AM   #1743
moss

Quote:
Just to report back after a week of constant usage that the software works great with the Platform M+ & D on Reaper.

The only quirk I have is that the zoom mode is always off by default in the Configuration if I restart Reaper. Other configuration changes I make seem to be remembered successfully.

Again thanks for all your work.
Hmm, that's strange, I just tested it and it works fine for me. Could it be that the configuration file (or the folder) is somehow write protected?
Old 05-23-2021, 03:37 PM   #1744
garck

Quote:
Hmm, that's strange, I just tested it and it works fine for me. Could it be that the configuration file (or the folder) is somehow write protected?
You mean if the files have Admin Priveleges? I'm on Windows 10.
AppData/etc.../REAPER:
DrivenByMoss4Reaper.config
DrivenByMoss4Reaper-MCU---Control-Universal.config
In UserPlugins:
drivenbymoss-libs
java-runtime
resources
reaper_csurf_integrator64.dll
reaper_drivenbymoss.dll
reaper_drivenbymoss.map
I have administrator access to all these files, but there are no write protection options for these files as far as I know.
like I said, the configuration remembers my settings, it's only the Zoom On/Off that seems to not stick. For example I also set "Display Track Names" and this is remembered as well as all others. It's only the Zoom setting that repeatedly defaults to Off, so I guess my changed configuration is otherwise written successfully...
Old 05-23-2021, 03:53 PM   #1745
garck

Default MCU config file

It's no problem and I don't want to pester about it, but below is my config file. It says Zoom=ON but if I close reaper, switch off the Platform M+, switch it back on then start up reaper the zoom is off (ie it reverts to track scroll), even thought the config says ON. Once I open the Configuration to re-toggle it, it's fine:

#
#Mon May 24 00:36:43 CEST 2021
HARDWARE_SETUP_HAS_A_DISPLAY=On
HARDWARE_SETUP_HAS_A_SEGMENT_DISPLAY=Off
WORKFLOW_SELECT_CHANNEL_ON_FADER_TOUCH=On
HARDWARE_SETUP_HAS_A_SECOND_DISPLAY=Off
WORKFLOW_ZOOM=On
HARDWARE_SETUP_USE_VERTICAL_ZOOM_TO_CHANGE_TRACKS= Off
TAG_IS_ENABLED=true
BROWSER_COLLECTION=Show
HARDWARE_SETUP_PROFILE=<Select a profile>
HARDWARE_SETUP_DISPLAY_TRACK_NAMES_IN_1ST_DISPLAY= On
ASSIGNABLE_BUTTONS_F3=New Button
WORKFLOW_NEW_CLIP_LENGTH=1 Bar
ASSIGNABLE_BUTTONS_F2=New Button
ASSIGNABLE_BUTTONS_F5=New Button
ASSIGNABLE_BUTTONS_F4=New Button
WORKFLOW_KNOB_SENSITIVITY_SLOW=+20
BROWSER_DEVICE_TYPE=Show
HARDWARE_SETUP_HAS_ONLY_1_FADER=Off
HARDWARE_SETUP_USE_FADERS_LIKE_EDITING_KNOBS=Off
HARDWARE_SETUP_VU_METERS=Off
PLAY_AND_SEQUENCE_QUANTIZE_AMOUNT=100
EXTENDER_SETUP_(REQUIRES_RESTART)_MCU_DEVICE_1=Mai n
TRANSPORT_BEHAVIOUR_ON_STOP=Pause
BROWSER_CREATOR=Show
TRACKS_(REQUIRES_RESTART)_TRACK_NAVIGATION_(REQUIR ES_RESTART)=Flat
WORKFLOW_EXCLUDE_DEACTIVATED_ITEMS_(TRACKS,_SENDS, _DEVICES,_LAYERS)=Off
BROWSER_TAGS=Show
MIDI_OUTPUT0=Platform M+ V2.15
HARDWARE_SETUP_MASTER_VU_METER_(ICON_EXTENSION)=Of f
ASSIGNABLE_BUTTONS_F1=New Button
TRANSPORT_FLIP_ARRANGER_AND_CLIP_RECORD_/_AUTOMATION=Off
BROWSER_DEVICE=Show
HARDWARE_SETUP_HAS_MOTOR_FADERS=On
WORKFLOW_KNOB_SENSITIVITY_DEFAULT=+20
MIDI_INPUT0=Platform M+ V2.15
TRACKS_(REQUIRES_RESTART)_INCLUDE_FX_AND_MASTER_TR ACKS_IN_TRACK_BANK=Off
HARDWARE_SETUP_HAS_AN_ASSIGNMENT_DISPLAY=Off
BROWSER_LOCATION=Show
ASSIGNABLE_BUTTONS_FOOTSWITCH_2=New Button
ASSIGNABLE_BUTTONS_FOOTSWITCH_1=New Button
BROWSER_FILE_TYPE=Show
BROWSER_CATEGORY=Show
SEGMENT_DISPLAY_DISPLAY_TEMPO_OR_TICKS/MILLISECONDS=Tempo
SEGMENT_DISPLAY_DISPLAY_TIME_OR_BEATS=Beats
Old 05-23-2021, 07:32 PM   #1746
foxAsteria

Quote:
Sorry, I cannot do anything with the project file since I do not own any of those plugins.
You don't actually have a Maschine, yet develop software for it? Wild. Well you should be able to replace every missing plugin with literally any other plugin and see the behavior. It wasn't plugin dependent, but Maschine was the "brain," so could be important.

I report the bug for your benefit (and anyone else who may encounter this showstopper), since I'm not using this myself anymore. Thanks.
Old 05-24-2021, 01:34 AM   #1747
moss

Quote:
You don't actually have a Maschine, yet develop software for it? Wild. Well you should be able to replace every missing plugin with literally any other plugin and see the behavior. It wasn't plugin dependent, but Maschine was the "brain," so could be important.

I report the bug for your benefit (and anyone else who may encounter this showstopper), since I'm not using this myself anymore. Thanks.
Sure I have Maschine as well as all other NI plugins. But in your previous post you wrote about Launchpad X and your problems with VST plugins in general not mentioning which one causes you problems. The project contained many plugins of which I only had Valhalhalla room if I remember correctly.
If you can demonstrate your issue with NI plugins, please send me a project.
Old 05-24-2021, 01:37 AM   #1748
moss

Quote:
It's no problem and I don't want to pester about it, but below is my config file. It says Zoom=ON but if I close reaper, switch off the Platform M+, switch it back on then start up reaper the zoom is off (ie it reverts to track scroll), even thought the config says ON. Once I open the Configuration to re-toggle it, it's fine:
Please PM me the configuration file (zipped). There was an encoding issue in the past, maybe this is something similar. What is you locale (your language setting)?
Old 05-24-2021, 02:06 AM   #1749
moss

DrivenByMoss 12.2 is online!

• All devices
    • Fixed: Switching between effect and track bank could leave the parameters unassigned in some cases.
    • Fixed: Settings were duplicated in the project dialog after a configuration dialog was opened.
  • Akai Fire
    • New: Note editing mode is now de-/activated with Alt+Step or Alt+Drum (no more long pressing notes). After that select the note to edit by pressing it.
    • New: In note editing mode Alt+1st knob changes the pressure, Alt+2nd knob the timbre and Alt+4th knob the release velocity.
    • New: Metronome + Select knob: Change the play position.
    • New: Metronome + Shift + Select knob: Change the play position in small steps.
    • Fixed: Tracks could not be changed if the 16 tracks mode was active.
  • Maschine JAM
    • New: Added new sequencers Drum 4, Drum 8, Poly and Raindrops (keep STEP pressed and use scene buttons).
    • New: Added new play modes Chords, Piano and Drum 64 (keep PAD MODE pressed and use scene buttons).
    • New: Lock enables the velocity setting. Keep lock pressed to show and change the velocity options.
    • New: Cursor keys respect the session flip state.
    • New: Cursor keys left/right change the layout in play view.
    • New: Cursor keys left/right change the selected page in sequencers.
    • New: Cursor keys up/down change the note range in sequencers and play modes.
    • New: Added option to dis-/enable to display clips of record enabled tracks in red.
    • New: Add option to turn off empty drum pads: if enabled the pad LEDs are off otherwise empty drum cells are displayed in gray.
    • New: Shift + AUX: Toggles between instrument/audio and effect tracks.
    • New: The selected sequencer or play mode is remembered when switching tracks.
    • Fixed: Blinking of pads was missing, therefore e.g. play state on grid was not visible.
  • MCU
    • New: Added option to assignable buttons to toggle the motor faders on/off.

Akai Fire News: https://youtu.be/69P7GJcP6jM
Maschine JAM News: https://youtu.be/aX0c_gVSwEk

Enjoy!
Old 05-24-2021, 11:47 AM   #1750
moss

Noticed some stupid bugs with Maschine JAM, so 12.2.1 is online!
  • Maschine JAM
    • New: Swing button is lit when Groove is enabled.
    • Fixed: Velocity mode was shown on pressing perform, notes and tune but should not.
    • Fixed: Changing values with encoder and perform, notes and tune did not work.
    • Fixed: Cursor LEDs were not lit (requires installing the updated template!).
Old 05-24-2021, 07:25 PM   #1751
foxAsteria

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dTT...ew?usp=sharing

OK just Maschine and ReaFIR now. Float any plugin and drag it around fast. You should see it pauses briefly every couple seconds.

It's like that for faders and everything, no matter if you change it with the mouse or MIDI controller. The more plugins there are, the longer the pause.

Feel free to replace ReaFIR with any more intensive plugin to exaggerate it. Like I said, not plugin dependent, but the project is full of Maschine routing so I left that just in case.
Old 05-25-2021, 12:08 PM   #1752
moss

Quote:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dTT...ew?usp=sharing

OK just Maschine and ReaFIR now. Float any plugin and drag it around fast. You should see it pauses briefly every couple seconds.

It's like that for faders and everything, no matter if you change it with the mouse or MIDI controller. The more plugins there are, the longer the pause.

Feel free to replace ReaFIR with any more intensive plugin to exaggerate it. Like I said, not plugin dependent, but the project is full of Maschine routing so I left that just in case.
What is your operating system and what are your computer specs?

I tried on latest Windows 10 and besides that I had to remove several of the Refirs to make it run on my system I could not see a difference between having DBM enabled or not.

It is totally possible that you get a performance impact if you run many plugins since these need to checked for changes (the Reaper API is a bit limited in that regard). You can try to experiment with the Debug options in the DBM setup dialog (click on Debug and then select Data Updates, there you can disable updates).
Old 05-25-2021, 07:22 PM   #1753
foxAsteria

Quote:
What is your operating system and what are your computer specs?
Win10 x64, Ryzen 7 2700x, 16Gb RAM, GTX 970
There are many plugins, and the RTCPU load is around 67% at the highest, but I must remove or bypass most of them to make the behavior unnoticeable.

Anyways, it's not a problem for me since I'm not using your plugin currently and maybe it's not a common issue. Just thought I should report it after I identified the cause.

Out of curiosity, what does disabling updates do? I mean, what functions are they necessary for? Mainly I was just using the scale switching since it's much nicer in your setup, due to the onscreen scale info.
Old 05-25-2021, 08:41 PM   #1754
sysfault

I'm getting an issue where Reaper's UI freezes after I open the config menu for DrivenByMoss in the settings. Tested on Pop!_OS/Ubuntu 20.10 with the latest versions of Reaper and DrivenByMoss over the last few weeks (forum account didn't get verified till now.)

Also tested against 10.1.0 and 4.03 to get the same issue. Using a Launchpad MK2 which otherwise is connecting properly but is unusable with the UI frozen.
sysfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 01:06 AM   #1755
moss

Quote:
Out of curiosity, what does disabling updates do? I mean, what functions are they necessary for? Mainly I was just using the scale switching since it's much nicer in your setup, due to the onscreen scale info.
With the Reaper controller API you can only get asynchroneous updates for volume and pan (and some other minor things), which means you have to poll the state of all track and device infos. I already applied several tricks to keep the performance overhead low. With the debug setting you can disable the data updates for specific types of data polling. I implemented that in the past to track down some very costly function calls.
Old 05-26-2021, 01:12 AM   #1756
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by sysfault View Post
I'm getting an issue where Reaper's UI freezes after I open the config menu for DrivenByMoss in the settings. Tested on Pop!_OS/Ubuntu 20.10 with the latest versions of Reaper and DrivenByMoss over the last few weeks (forum account didn't get verified till now.)

Also tested against 10.1.0 and 4.03 to get the same issue. Using a Launchpad MK2 which otherwise is connecting properly but is unusable with the UI frozen.
Which part freezes exactly? Especially, on Linux the window behaviour is sometimes a bit weird:
  • the main DrivenByMoss window could be opened in the background, so that the Reaper configuration dialog looks stuck
  • if you see the main DrivenByMoss window but cannot click anything, try to close the Reaper configuration dialog first, after that you should be able to use the DBM window.

To prevent these issues assign a key command to the DBM window (in the Reaper actions), e.g. I use Ctrl+Shift+J.
Old 05-26-2021, 04:29 AM   #1757
garck

Default Config File

Quote:
Please PM me the configuration file (zipped). There was an encoding issue in the past, maybe this is something similar. What is you locale (your language setting)?

Sorry, I couldn't find a way to PM an attachment, I hope you don't mind me doing it here.
Attached Files
File Type: rar PlatformM_Configrar.rar (1.1 KB, 101 views)
Old 05-26-2021, 04:36 AM   #1758
moss

Quote:
Sorry, I couldn't find a way to PM an attachment, I hope you don't mind me doing it here.
Sure :-)
Old 05-26-2021, 05:06 AM   #1759
garck

Default Zoom

Just to say I've not installed the new upgrade yet, in case you prefer me not to for now. Thanks again!
Old 05-26-2021, 03:04 PM   #1760
sysfault

Quote:
Which part freezes exactly? Especially, on Linux the window behaviour is sometimes a bit weird:
  • the main DrivenByMoss window could be opened in the background, so that the Reaper configuration dialog looks stuck
  • if you see the main DrivenByMoss window but cannot click anything, try to close the Reaper configuration dialog first, after that you should be able to use the DBM window.

To prevent these issues assign a key command to the DBM window (in the Reaper actions), e.g. I use Ctrl+Shift+J.
Thanks, I was able to assign an action with the hotkey Ctrl+Shift+J like you recommended. Unfortunately, Reaper still freezes whenever I use the action to open the configuration dialog.

I can see the dialog/window and interact with it just fine, so I think this may be more related to the first bullet point you offered, where it's being opened in the background.
sysfault is offline   Reply With Quote