Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 03-31-2021, 08:45 AM   #1001
SerchOH
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Yes, into the UserPlugins folder.
Thanks very much! I did that and it seems to work fine now.

I still have to do this weird thing when opening reaper: I open a project and it doesnt recognize my surface, but if I navigate into another project tab, it will recognize it from that moment. Weird... but it works and it's not a big deal, so I don't mind.

There is something annoying, though: (and this is not a CSI thing, because it happened already when I used klinke's script) Whenever I open a non-reaper window (file explorer, chrome, whatever...) and the focus is on that window and not reaper, my surface will go blank, and refresh when I go back to reaper. Is there any way to prevent this?
SerchOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 08:55 AM   #1002
SerchOH

Hi again!

Couple questions for MCU pro users:

I noticed most of the buttons are not mapped at all, and was wondering if any user out there has theirs mapped and is willing to share that. Or maybe give some advice or ideas to start mapping around?

BTW I've started trying mapping stuff for my plugins (started with the good ol' reaEq, works fine so far! ) and I was wondering if the "plug-in" button shouldn't light up when I press it to get into the FX "menu" or "mode" (dunno how to call it hehe).

Another question: I was trying to make the vpots to control the Q in reaeq when pressed and moved (not pressed>frequency) but I couldn't figure it out so I used shift modifier instead, but is there anyway to make it possible?

Thanks very much in advance!
Old 03-31-2021, 12:41 PM   #1003
ezellohar

Is it possible to make a modifier act like a toggle? the closest example I can get is in a keyboard: shift and caps lock. For CSI scope, pressing the modifier button should activate a toggle like it's on, then all other buttons act like I'm pressing it (so 'Shift+button' and so on) until I press it again and deactivate it.
ezellohar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 01:19 PM   #1004
tommoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezellohar View Post
Is it possible to make a modifier act like a toggle? the closest example I can get is in a keyboard: shift and caps lock. For CSI scope, pressing the modifier button should activate a toggle like it's on, then all other buttons act like I'm pressing it (so 'Shift+button' and so on) until I press it again and deactivate it.
Try pressing and releasing it quickly....on mine the button doesn't stay lit, but the modifier stays active.
tommoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 01:28 PM   #1005
valy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerchOH View Post

There is something annoying, though: (and this is not a CSI thing, because it happened already when I used klinke's script) Whenever I open a non-reaper window (file explorer, chrome, whatever...) and the focus is on that window and not reaper, my surface will go blank, and refresh when I go back to reaper. Is there any way to prevent this?
Is it checked? Try unchecking it

valy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 02:57 PM   #1006
SerchOH

Quote:
Originally Posted by valy View Post
Is it checked? Try unchecking it

That was it, thanks very much, mate!
Old 03-31-2021, 05:52 PM   #1007
Cragster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezellohar View Post
yes.. A quick press of the modifier button will lock it on until you press it again
Cragster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 06:08 PM   #1008
Cragster

Quote:
Hi again!

Couple questions for MCU pro users:

I noticed most of the buttons are not mapped at all, and was wondering if any user out there has theirs mapped and is willing to share that. Or maybe give some advice or ideas to start mapping around?

BTW I've started trying mapping stuff for my plugins (started with the good ol' reaEq, works fine so far! ) and I was wondering if the "plug-in" button shouldn't light up when I press it to get into the FX "menu" or "mode" (dunno how to call it hehe).

Another question: I was trying to make the vpots to control the Q in reaeq when pressed and moved (not pressed>frequency) but I couldn't figure it out so I used shift modifier instead, but is there anyway to make it possible?

Thanks very much in advance!
Hi there
All you need to do to start mapping your buttons is open up your .zon file associated with your surface in like wordpad (i use windows wordpad) or something.and youll see a list of your buttons and faders etc broken up into zones
an example of say the "marker" button will look like this

Code:
 Marker Reaper "40157"
The 40157 is the reaper command ID for insert marker. thats what you would need to change. that command Id. You could change that to whatever reaper action you want that button to perform or do. Then save the file after any changes...Run the reaper "refresh all surfaces " action and then its mapped.
just giving you something basic to start with. And check out the wiki CSI manual.
Old 04-01-2021, 06:48 AM   #1009
SerchOH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cragster View Post
Hi there
All you need to do to start mapping your buttons is open up your .zon file associated with your surface in like wordpad (i use windows wordpad) or something.and youll see a list of your buttons and faders etc broken up into zones
an example of say the "marker" button will look like this

Code:
 Marker Reaper "40157"
The 40157 is the reaper command ID for insert marker. thats what you would need to change. that command Id. You could change that to whatever reaper action you want that button to perform or do. Then save the file after any changes...Run the reaper "refresh all surfaces " action and then its mapped.
just giving you something basic to start with. And check out the wiki CSI manual.
Hey! Thanks a lot, Cragster!

Yeah I sort of started mapping things like ReaEq, so I know the very basics of editing the .zon files. I was asking more for suggestions than "how to"'s, just to see what other users use their buttons for (there are quite a lot in the MCU pro!) and maybe take some ideas here and there.
Old 04-01-2021, 07:02 AM   #1010
cjewellstudios

Quote:

Yeah I sort of started mapping things like ReaEq, so I know the very basics of editing the .zon files. I was asking more for suggestions than "how to"'s, just to see what other users use their buttons for (there are quite a lot in the MCU pro!) and maybe take some ideas here and there.
It's an interesting question.

Through watching the various CSI threads over the past couple years I've gotten to know details about other people's setups. Also, due to it's extreme flexibility, setups and ideas vary alot. My personal setup has a few things that I don't really hear anyone else chatting about.

I'm not sure how we'd go about this but it'd be nice for some of the prominent users of CSI to detail their setups/workflow ideas. When I feel like mine is complete, I was considering making a video but pdfs with pics an explanations would be nice too.
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 08:52 AM   #1011
Cragster

Quote:

Ok got ya. No prob
I use the mcu pro as well and I will definitely share what I got. But most my buttons on the mcu pro will probly be considered custom to me. I have other surfaces involved and most all buttons are re labeled. I have alot of buttons mapped to not what they should be lol
I just introduced the touch c4 osc tablet into the mix so I'll be changing things around a bit again
Old 04-01-2021, 02:22 PM   #1012
SerchOH

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjewellstudios View Post
It's an interesting question.

Through watching the various CSI threads over the past couple years I've gotten to know details about other people's setups. Also, due to it's extreme flexibility, setups and ideas vary alot. My personal setup has a few things that I don't really hear anyone else chatting about.

I'm not sure how we'd go about this but it'd be nice for some of the prominent users of CSI to detail their setups/workflow ideas. When I feel like mine is complete, I was considering making a video but pdfs with pics an explanations would be nice too.
Thanks for answering!

Yeah I feel a bit overwhelmed for the amount of possibilities so I tought it'd be a great starting point, to see other users' workflows and ideas. Maybe I should start a thread on its own so everyone can share if they want?

I don't think I'll ever feel my setup is "complete" because I usually change things around every now and then to adapt them to my workflow.
Old 04-01-2021, 02:27 PM   #1013
SerchOH

Quote:
Ok got ya. No prob
I use the mcu pro as well and I will definitely share what I got. But most my buttons on the mcu pro will probly be considered custom to me. I have other surfaces involved and most all buttons are re labeled. I have alot of buttons mapped to not what they should be lol
I just introduced the touch c4 osc tablet into the mix so I'll be changing things around a bit again
Cool, thanks! It'd be very interesting to see what you have mapped

What advantages would you say made you use the touch osc app? Curious about that as well.
Old 04-01-2021, 04:43 PM   #1014
SerchOH

Hi guys!

Got the feeling I'm gonna be asking a lot of stuff here... Sorry about that!

Got a problem: I was checking my .zon file to see where I could mpa the automation modes, and I found out they seem to be already mapped, but they won't work. Only the global ones (in this case shift+write, for example, will change all tracks to write automation mode, but pressing write won't do anything to the selected track)

Also... I mapped the button "EQ" to insert ReaEq on the selected channel, but is there a way to also make the surface go into "plugin" edition mode when I press it? Because right now I'd have to hit EQ to insert it, then plugin, then the vpot for that slot... Trying to figure out a fast way... My idea was to map different eq's inserts to that button using the modifiers, but I'd love to be able to just hit it and being able to move the plugin settings right after inserting it with the button. Doable?

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-01-2021, 06:43 PM   #1015
fricia

Quote:
Hi guys!

Got a problem: I was checking my .zon file to see where I could mpa the automation modes, and I found out they seem to be already mapped, but they won't work. Only the global ones (in this case shift+write, for example, will change all tracks to write automation mode, but pressing write won't do anything to the selected track)

Also... I mapped the button "EQ" to insert ReaEq on the selected channel, but is there a way to also make the surface go into "plugin" edition mode when I press it? Because right now I'd have to hit EQ to insert it, then plugin, then the vpot for that slot... Trying to figure out a fast way... My idea was to map different eq's inserts to that button using the modifiers, but I'd love to be able to just hit it and being able to move the plugin settings right after inserting it with the button. Doable?

Thanks in advance!
Hey SerchOh, maybe you could put MapFocusedFXToWidgets on the same button as a second action? Then it would insert the EQ and map it right away? I haven't tried it though, maybe the EQ won't be inserted fast enough.

And I've read somewhere that the TrackAutoMode is currently bugged. Maybe the native reaper action will work? ("Set track automation mode to read/touch/latch/whatever"). Again, I have not tested that, just an idea. Of course, you'd have to make sure the track is selected.

Last edited by fricia; 04-01-2021 at 06:49 PM.
fricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 04:47 AM   #1016
Cragster

Quote:
Hi guys!

Thanks in advance!
If I understand correctly you want a button to perform multiple actions in one press ? You can definitely do that.
Either map both actions to the same button
Code:
SomeButton Reaper "SomeAction"
SomeButton Reaper "SomeOtherAction"
Or you could make a custom action in reaper and map that custom action to the button.

And your automation issue...check your zon file and make sure automation TrackAutoMode stuff is in it's own zone and not in the Buttons zone. That was a not long ago change and I think some zon files still show the old way. I'm not at my computer or I'd post what I mean. But check that firstly
Old 04-02-2021, 06:51 AM   #1017
fricia

Hey Guys, another question:

I'm getting really weird behaviour with "subzones" in my FX zones. The Zones below work perfectly fine if the FX is the first FX on track. However, if it is in an other position, switching zones seems to always pass the first inserted FX as the focused one.

An example:
FX1 Sie-Q
FX2 Pro-R

Switiching Zones on the Sie-Q works as expected.

When switching Zones on the Pro-R, "Dcy" is correctly displayed in DisplayUpper1, but rotary1 controls paramter 1 of the Sie-Q! When switching back to the main zone the display correctly displays "Dist", but rotary1 now controls parameter 4 of the Sie-Q. If I switch the position of the two FX it behaves the other way round. FX in other positions do the same thing, they always start controlloing FX1 when switching zones.

Is this a bug, or am I doing something horribly wrong?

Code:
Zone "VST: Sie-Q (Soundtoys)"
	FocusedFXNavigator

Rotary1 	FXParam 1 "Low Gain"
	DisplayUpper1   FXParamNameDisplay 1 "Lo G"
	RotaryPush8	GoZone "VST: Sie-Q (Soundtoys)-1"
ZoneEnd

Zone "VST: Sie-Q (Soundtoys)-1"
	FocusedFXNavigator

Rotary1 	FXParam 4 "High Gain"
	DisplayUpper1   FXParamNameDisplay 1 "Hi G"
	RotaryPush8	GoZone "VST: Sie-Q (Soundtoys)"
ZoneEnd
Code:
Zone "VST3: Pro-R (FabFilter)" "Pro-R"
	FocusedFXNavigator

Rotary1 	FXParam 4 "Distance"
	DisplayUpper1	FXParamNameDisplay 4 "Dist"
	RotaryPush8	GoZone "Decay"
ZoneEnd

Zone "Decay"
	FocusedFXNavigator

Rotary1 	FXParam 1 "Decay Rate"
	DisplayUpper1	FXParamNameDisplay 1 "Dcy"
	RotaryPush8	GoZone "VST3: Pro-R (FabFilter)"
ZoneEnd
fricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 07:38 AM   #1018
Cragster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fricia View Post
Hey Guys, another question:

I'm getting really weird behaviour with "subzones" in my FX zones. The Zones below work perfectly fine if the FX is the first FX on track. However, if it is in an other position, switching zones seems to always pass the first inserted FX as the focused one.

An example:
FX1 Sie-Q
FX2 Pro-R

Switiching Zones on the Sie-Q works as expected.

When switching Zones on the Pro-R, "Dcy" is correctly displayed in DisplayUpper1, but rotary1 controls paramter 1 of the Sie-Q! When switching back to the main zone the display correctly displays "Dist", but rotary1 now controls parameter 4 of the Sie-Q. If I switch the position of the two FX it behaves the other way round. FX in other positions do the same thing, they always start controlloing FX1 when switching zones.

Is this a bug, or am I doing something horribly wrong?

Code:
Zone "VST: Sie-Q (Soundtoys)"
	FocusedFXNavigator

Rotary1 	FXParam 1 "Low Gain"
	DisplayUpper1   FXParamNameDisplay 1 "Lo G"
	RotaryPush8	GoZone "VST: Sie-Q (Soundtoys)-1"
ZoneEnd

Zone "VST: Sie-Q (Soundtoys)-1"
	FocusedFXNavigator

Rotary1 	FXParam 4 "High Gain"
	DisplayUpper1   FXParamNameDisplay 1 "Hi G"
	RotaryPush8	GoZone "VST: Sie-Q (Soundtoys)"
ZoneEnd
Code:
Zone "VST3: Pro-R (FabFilter)" "Pro-R"
	FocusedFXNavigator

Rotary1 	FXParam 4 "Distance"
	DisplayUpper1	FXParamNameDisplay 4 "Dist"
	RotaryPush8	GoZone "Decay"
ZoneEnd

Zone "Decay"
	FocusedFXNavigator

Rotary1 	FXParam 1 "Decay Rate"
	DisplayUpper1	FXParamNameDisplay 1 "Dcy"
	RotaryPush8	GoZone "VST3: Pro-R (FabFilter)"
ZoneEnd
Yes this is a known bug unfortunately. FX with sub zones only seem to work in the first slot.
Old 04-02-2021, 09:56 AM   #1019
theRog

Default Two 8-Fader controllers (SSL UF8)

Hopefully this is the right place...

I am trying to make two SSL UF8 controllers work with CSI.

Having one "HomePage" with two seperate equal "Surfaces".
Only setting the CSI channel start and MIDI ch different.

Everything apart from the Displays on Surface 2 work?!

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Roger
theRog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 12:55 PM   #1020
SerchOH

Quote:
Originally Posted by fricia View Post
Hey SerchOh, maybe you could put MapFocusedFXToWidgets on the same button as a second action? Then it would insert the EQ and map it right away? I haven't tried it though, maybe the EQ won't be inserted fast enough.

And I've read somewhere that the TrackAutoMode is currently bugged. Maybe the native reaper action will work? ("Set track automation mode to read/touch/latch/whatever"). Again, I have not tested that, just an idea. Of course, you'd have to make sure the track is selected.
Thank you!

Yeah, it's so simple I feel stupid haha. It works fine and fast enough... as long as my Eq is the 1st FX in the chain, and it's ReaEq because:

EQ Reaper "41757"
EQ MapSelectedTrackFXToMenu
EQ GoFXSlot "1"
Shift+EQ Reaper "24917"
Shift+EQ MapSelectedTrackFXToMenu
Shift+EQ GoFXSlot "1"

In the 1st case the EQ would be ReaEq, and the action is fine because it is "insert or show ReaEq" so whenever I hit it it shows Reaeq and as long as it's on slot 1, I'll be able to control it straight away. The problem comes when

a) it's not on slot 1 (tried with GoFXSlot "last" and didn't work, but had to try lol!), because I'd have to go into FX menu and select it there. Not very handy...

b) it's another EQ plugin (which I mapped to Shift+EQ), because the action is not "insert or show X plugin", but simply "insert X plugin": that doesn't let me just hit shift+Eq to show the plugin, because what it does instead is inserting another instance of the plugin... (apart from the slot 1 problem).

I feel I'm close to the solution, though! hehe
Old 04-02-2021, 12:58 PM   #1021
SerchOH

Quote:
If I understand correctly you want a button to perform multiple actions in one press ? You can definitely do that.
Either map both actions to the same button
Code:
SomeButton Reaper "SomeAction"
SomeButton Reaper "SomeOtherAction"
Or you could make a custom action in reaper and map that custom action to the button.

And your automation issue...check your zon file and make sure automation TrackAutoMode stuff is in it's own zone and not in the Buttons zone. That was a not long ago change and I think some zon files still show the old way. I'm not at my computer or I'd post what I mean. But check that firstly
Thank you!

Yeah that's exactly what I did, as fricia suggested.

And regarding the automation issue, you're absolutely right, TrackAutoMode stuff is indeed in the Buttons zone. Any clue how should I proceed to create a new zone for that? Or would I be better off downloading the latest update and then adding my custom changes to it?

Thanks again!
Old 04-02-2021, 01:01 PM   #1022
SerchOH

BTW can somebody point out how could I insert "code" here in the forum so it shows properly as in your posts, guys?

Thanks!
Old 04-02-2021, 01:16 PM   #1023
Cragster

Quote:
Thank you!

And regarding the automation issue, you're absolutely right, TrackAutoMode stuff is indeed in the Buttons zone. Any clue how should I proceed to create a new zone for that? Or would I be better off downloading the latest update and then adding my custom changes to it?

Thanks again!
Ok try this for your automation
Code:
Zone Home
IncludedZones
"Buttons"
"Channel"
"SelectedChannel"
/"MasterChannel"
IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone "SelectedChannel"
SelectedTrackNavigator
Read                      TrackAutoMode "1"
Shift+Read                GlobalAutoMode "1"
Write                     TrackAutoMode "3"
Shift+Write               GlobalAutoMode "3"
Trim                      TrackAutoMode "0"
Shift+Trim                GlobalAutoMode "0"
Touch                     TrackAutoMode "2"
Shift+Touch               GlobalAutoMode "2"
Latch                     TrackAutoMode "4"
Shift+Latch               GlobalAutoMode "4"
ZoneEnd
Make your zone just like this. and dont forget to add "SelectedChannel" to your IncludedZones at the top in the HomeZone like it is in my post. I dont think it matters where you put the zone but mine is after the "Channel" zone. I just posted the relevant parts.

Last edited by Cragster; 04-02-2021 at 01:23 PM.
Old 04-02-2021, 01:20 PM   #1024
Cragster

Quote:
BTW can somebody point out how could I insert "code" here in the forum so it shows properly as in your posts, guys?

Thanks!
And to post in code just wrap what ever it is you want in code with [bode] and [/bode]
like this
[bode]
Some code
[/bode]

Just subsitute the words bode for code...i just wrote it that way to fool the forum otherwise it wouldve posted that in code
I hope i explained that understandably
Old 04-02-2021, 01:29 PM   #1025
Cragster

Quote:
Thank you!

Thanks again!
Your Latch Preview you can just leave in the "Buttons" zone as that is just a reaper action.
Old 04-02-2021, 03:37 PM   #1026
SerchOH

Quote:
Code:
Zone Home
IncludedZones
"Buttons"
"Channel"
"SelectedChannel"
/"MasterChannel"
IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone "SelectedChannel"
SelectedTrackNavigator
ZoneEnd
Make your zone just like this. and dont forget to add "SelectedChannel" to your IncludedZones at the top in the HomeZone like it is in my post. I dont think it matters where you put the zone but mine is after the "Channel" zone. I just posted the relevant parts.
Thanks very much! gonna try that!

BTW my code at the beggining looks like this ATM:

Code:
Zone Home
    IncludedZones
        "Buttons"
        "Channel"
        "MasterTrack"
    IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd
If, as you suggest I go on and change "MasterTrack" for /"MasterChannel", won´t I break something? I mean, I don´t have any zones called "MasterChannel" anywhere below...
Old 04-02-2021, 03:38 PM   #1027
SerchOH

Quote:
And to post in code just wrap what ever it is you want in code with [bode] and [/bode]
like this
[bode]
Some code
[/bode]

Just subsitute the words bode for code...i just wrote it that way to fool the forum otherwise it wouldve posted that in code
I hope i explained that understandably
Perfect, thanks!
Old 04-02-2021, 05:58 PM   #1028
MixMonkey

Quote:
Code:
Zone Home
IncludedZones
"Buttons"
"Channel"
"SelectedChannel"
/"MasterChannel"
IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone "SelectedChannel"
SelectedTrackNavigator
ZoneEnd
@Cragster You're a f*****' genius! I must have totally missed the memo about auto mode actions needing to be in a SelectedTrackNavigator Zone (which does make sense). I made the changes and all is good. Someone needs to tell @airon next time he shows up...
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 06:54 AM   #1029
Cragster

Quote:
Thanks very much! gonna try that!

BTW my code at the beggining looks like this ATM:

Code:
Zone Home
    IncludedZones
        "Buttons"
        "Channel"
        "MasterTrack"
    IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd
If, as you suggest I go on and change "MasterTrack" for /"MasterChannel", won´t I break something? I mean, I don´t have any zones called "MasterChannel" anywhere below...
No no I'm sry. Do not slash out the master. That was just my zone file. I dont use the master on that particular surface.
Just add the SelectedChannel up there. The slash caracter at the beginning of a line disables that line.
Sorry I shouldve changed that before I posted it.
All you need to do is add that zone and add SelectedChannel to the included zones at the top
Old 04-03-2021, 07:01 AM   #1030
Cragster

Quote:
@Cragster You're a f*****' genius! I must have totally missed the memo about auto mode actions needing to be in a SelectedTrackNavigator Zone (which does make sense). I made the changes and all is good. Someone needs to tell @airon next time he shows up...
Well this is definitely a first and most definitely a last. I actually helped you for a change.haha
No problem. All the times you got me out of jams I still owe big time !!! Thanks !
Old 04-03-2021, 07:07 AM   #1031
Cragster

I think maybe it's time we all start posting updated files for Geoff to replace in the CSI download ??
Seems there are still alot of outdated files floating around ??
Old 04-03-2021, 08:51 AM   #1032
Cragster

@SerchOH

And dont forget after you add the automation zone to delete the old automation mappings from your "Buttons" zone
Old 04-03-2021, 10:16 AM   #1033
Funkybot

Quote:
I completely forgot about that but I had even updated the Wiki page to include that "these actions require a navigator" way back in November!

https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/.../TrackAutoMode

Hey, is there a GlobalAutomation mode # that goes back to "none?"
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 11:32 AM   #1034
Cragster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
I completely forgot about that but I had even updated the Wiki page to include that "these actions require a navigator" way back in November!

https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/.../TrackAutoMode

Yes.. now that i think about it you are the one the helped me out with it way back when when my automation stopped working. Thanks . looks like this solved alot in a round about way
Old 04-03-2021, 12:14 PM   #1035
SerchOH

Quote:
No no I'm sry. Do not slash out the master. That was just my zone file. I dont use the master on that particular surface.
Just add the SelectedChannel up there. The slash caracter at the beginning of a line disables that line.
Sorry I shouldve changed that before I posted it.
All you need to do is add that zone and add SelectedChannel to the included zones at the top
Cool thanks, don't worry, no need to apologize!
Old 04-03-2021, 12:15 PM   #1036
SerchOH

Quote:
@SerchOH

And dont forget after you add the automation zone to delete the old automation mappings from your "Buttons" zone
Awesome, thanks again!!!
Old 04-03-2021, 05:48 PM   #1037
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Yep, it's right there in the Wiki, doh!

Quote:
0, just like TrackAutoMode.

EDIT: In case I misunderstood you, there's also:
Code:
Global automation override: Toggle bypass all automation   40908

Last edited by MixMonkey; 04-04-2021 at 06:21 AM. Reason: more info
Old 04-04-2021, 07:42 AM   #1038
theRog

Quote:
Originally Posted by theRog View Post
Hopefully this is the right place...

I am trying to make two SSL UF8 controllers work with CSI.

Having one "HomePage" with two seperate equal "Surfaces".
Only setting the CSI channel start and MIDI ch different.

Everything apart from the Displays on Surface 2 work?!

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Roger
Anyone had this before?
The second 8-fader controller not showing the track names and metering?

Thanks for any help or advice :-)

Ta,
Roger
theRog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 04:28 PM   #1039
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by theRog View Post
Anyone had this before?
The second 8-fader controller not showing the track names and metering?

Thanks for any help or advice :-)

Ta,
Roger
I'm going out on a limb here, but it's quite possible that you're the first person to try and connect a UF8 to Reaper/CSI

What .mst and .zon files are you using and how do you have the units connected via the 360 software?
Old 04-04-2021, 08:08 PM   #1040
cjewellstudios

Is the FXMenu not global? Is it only loading FX from the fx zones in that zone folder to that particular surface?

My assumption was I could have the FXMenu on my phone through OSC and it would load to my main surface. But I'm gathering here that's not the case.
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote