Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 09-07-2020, 04:15 AM   #10081
airon
Human being with feelings

Open source. Nice! That'll bring in some contributions I should hope.

Someone might build a nice Lua GUI for setting up FX Zones. Hint! Hint!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangy View Post
Firstly thank Geoff for the great extension!

I often use touch mode, but in CSI I found that it's not working as expected. It reacts only when i touch and move fader, but seems like in not receiving information when I holding it, so it constantly jumps to previous envelope value. I use Behringer X-touch with MCU Template.

Anyone have that issue, maybe it's possible to solve it in a template?

UPD: Read the thread, as I understand it's known issue
Yep. Got that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cragster View Post
hey thanks. it has a reset to factory procedure but its through the imap software that comes with it. it has to show up as a connected device which it doesnt do.so i cant reset it. this happened in the middle of me using it. i was working on some tracks and it just went blank.my computer detects it through the usb but it doesnt show up as a device.like i said it doesnt even go through the daw mode stuff on startup. which it does on its own without it even plugged into a computer. thats how i know its the surface.

this pc of junk was a hefty price too. year and half. thats what i got out of it

getting a mackie screw it

thanks for your reply Geoff
Sorry to hear such a central piece of gear go AWOL on you in the middle of work. I can recommend keeping a simple one-fader controller around. My old Faderport does backup duty in case my Faderport 16 fails on me, or CSI fumbles the Touch mode .

I've had some problems, but those were resolved by replacing the USB cable or USB hub.

For this reason I keep anything I need to unplug more than once a month on little extension cables, so the USB connectors at the device and hub are not stressed in any way. This is just one of many possible solutions.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 04:29 AM   #10082
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
Hi Geoff,
just wanted to say thanks for open sourcing CSI!

Not that I plan on forking it or anything but doing a little development for Reaper myself (SWS mainly) it's always appreciated having a chance to peek at other's extension code.
Cool, any questions, ask away
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 09:00 AM   #10083
lgor

HI, long time listener, first time caller.

Hope you guys can help me: I'm using CSI and eucon mode with an Euphonix MC Mix.
It's great, it's working way better than just the Eucon mode (that crashed whenever I opened a bigger reaper project).
But unfortunately, the auto bank and scrolllink is not working with this mode...
Is there a code i can use to change the eucon zone?
This functions work with just the old eucon mode without CSI...

In CSI/Mackie mode, scrolllink it's not working as well, although everything is snappy and quick.

What am I doing wrong?

Other than this, CSI is a breath of fresh air for my equipment!
Just gave up on Pro tools, and am loving all the customization that Reaper offers.
Keep up the good work!

Last edited by lgor; 09-07-2020 at 09:06 AM.
lgor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 10:11 AM   #10084
mattrglenn

I had a Platform Nano just do the same thing for me. I bought it in February. Really disappointed, I had heard good things about Icon. Now I own an M+ and a B, both of which I bought for CSI purposes. I’m considering selling both in favor of something with more longevity, but I don’t know what to replace them with.

For what it’s worth, I used to own an MCU pro. I flew that thing to Shanghai and back to do a site mix. It’s a tank. I would get another but I’m trying to keep to a smaller desktop size.

Quote:
hey thanks. it has a reset to factory procedure but its through the imap software that comes with it. it has to show up as a connected device which it doesnt do.so i cant reset it. this happened in the middle of me using it. i was working on some tracks and it just went blank.my computer detects it through the usb but it doesnt show up as a device.like i said it doesnt even go through the daw mode stuff on startup. which it does on its own without it even plugged into a computer. thats how i know its the surface.

this pc of junk was a hefty price too. year and half. thats what i got out of it

getting a mackie screw it

thanks for your reply Geoff
mattrglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 11:41 AM   #10085
Navelpluisje

Default Reapinger BCF new version (v0.0.4)

I just released a new version of the Reapinger BCF2000 CSI files.
I've added 4 more extra effects.

* Waves Cla76
* Valhalle FreqEcho
* Analog Obsessions LALA
* Analog Obsessions Transature

This version is now also available via stash: https://stash.reaper.fm/manage_file/...000-v0.0.3.zip

Beside that I would like to mention that I started an open hardware project named Scribble-D. This will be a scribble module for those working with scribble less controllers like me. When the project is mature enough and I created a working version the code will be given free.This includes casing etc.
Navelpluisje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 12:33 AM   #10086
airon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrglenn View Post
I had a Platform Nano just do the same thing for me. I bought it in February. Really disappointed, I had heard good things about Icon. Now I own an M+ and a B, both of which I bought for CSI purposes. I’m considering selling both in favor of something with more longevity, but I don’t know what to replace them with.

For what it’s worth, I used to own an MCU pro. I flew that thing to Shanghai and back to do a site mix. It’s a tank. I would get another but I’m trying to keep to a smaller desktop size.
I'm looking at the Asparion controllers. The control section with buttons and knobs is required, but you can add up to eight 8-fader modules. It's not cheap but seems solidly built, judging from reviews.

The software support on their site is enrouraging too. You can setup thte faders, knobs and buttons to do anything you want. They support plenty of DAWs too.

The displays are separate too.

For example, a bundle of main controller and fader pack is 877 Euros (including tax and shipping in Germany), the 8-fader track display( Asparion D400S ) is 282 Euros. Not cheap, but these guys have the most encouraging software support I've seen and all reviews report reasonably quiet, stable faders and good buttons.

The faders produce 12-bits of resolution, though I don't know how this is sent via midi yet. The documentation is here.

For serious work, these are my picks at this time.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 07:33 AM   #10087
poetnprophet

Quote:
I think my Icon ProX just fried. it just went. blank and nothing. i know its not the connection.my computer senses it when i turn it off and on. theres just nothing from the surface. display lights up but no info on screen. it doesnt even go through the daw mode startup thing.i cant win.this thing is only a year and half old.obviously past the 1 year warranty.i shouldve got the mackie dammit !!! that was my other choice wen i bought.

the stupid meters (which i really dont even use) and the cool look of it is what sucked me in.well looks like i gonna hafta move the M+(which i use strictly for FX) as my main controller until i get something else.

anyone ever have a controller go ? are these things fixable ? or even worth fixing money wise ? or is it when they go...they go.

sorry i know this isnt really csi related but i got no where else to rant my frustration.

thanks for listening
bummer dude! My XS extender did the same thing about a year ago. I had to send it in, they "reflashed" it or something like that, basically wipe the programming clean and reinstall. Some have had success rolling back to V 1.0 firmware but if that doesn't work it has to be repaired by MixWare, who is the authorized dealer/repair for US...Icon doesn't have a presence in US itself. I have a contact at Mixware if you're interested. It took about 2 weeks for me to send, get repaired, and get returned.
poetnprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 09:24 AM   #10088
Navelpluisje

Default Mulriple devices in sync

Is it possible to have multiple devices reflecting the same channels? I have a BCF2000 and am working on a scribble device, which I want to display the channel info of the BCF2000 on. What happens now is that the scribble device is 8 channels ahead of the BCF2000 like you would aspect from an extended controller. I would love to see them in sync.

I hope it is possible, 'cause all the other functionalities are working.
Old 09-08-2020, 10:56 AM   #10089
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navelpluisje View Post
Is it possible to have multiple devices reflecting the same channels? I have a BCF2000 and am working on a scribble device, which I want to display the channel info of the BCF2000 on. What happens now is that the scribble device is 8 channels ahead of the BCF2000 like you would aspect from an extended controller. I would love to see them in sync.

I hope it is possible, 'cause all the other functionalities are working.
Just as a quick idea, wouldn't it be possible to have the scribble strip not as extra MIDI device on its own but just as a 'midi-through' thing, passing on the MIDI data to the BCF?
(I'm using the scribble strip emulation contained in BC Manager which works similarly with my BCR2000, that's where I got the idea, not sure if it would be possible with hardware like this also though.)
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 12:23 PM   #10090
Navelpluisje

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
Just as a quick idea, wouldn't it be possible to have the scribble strip not as extra MIDI device on its own but just as a 'midi-through' thing, passing on the MIDI data to the BCF?
(I'm using the scribble strip emulation contained in BC Manager which works similarly with my BCR2000, that's where I got the idea, not sure if it would be possible with hardware like this also though.)
Good point. I'm using a Teensy 3.2 right now. This can function as a midi host for the BCF2000. Small downside is the need for 2 midi cables, but I think I will survive.
Thanx
Old 09-08-2020, 01:05 PM   #10091
Funkybot

Just a quick public service announcement because I remember someone asking: DJTechTools most recent email says the MIDI Fighter Twisters are finally due back in stock in two weeks.
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 02:28 PM   #10092
nofish

Quote:
Good point. I'm using a Teensy 3.2 right now. This can function as a midi host for the BCF2000. Small downside is the need for 2 midi cables, but I think I will survive.
Thanx
You're welcome.
Btw. as the BCR is quite similar to the BCF (as you probably know) I might check out your Reapinger project at some point, so thanks for doing/sharing it (and I dig the name lol).
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 04:18 PM   #10093
MalcolmG

Quote:
I just released a new version of the Reapinger BCF2000 CSI files.
I've added 4 more extra effects.

* Waves Cla76
* Valhalle FreqEcho
* Analog Obsessions LALA
* Analog Obsessions Transature

This version is now also available via stash: https://stash.reaper.fm/manage_file/...000-v0.0.3.zip

Whoa, this looks really nice. I need to go through and see where the gaps are with my bcf zone, but at a quick glance there's a lot here to like.

Quote:
Beside that I would like to mention that I started an open hardware project named Scribble-D. This will be a scribble module for those working with scribble less controllers like me. When the project is mature enough and I created a working version the code will be given free.This includes casing etc.

That's interesting. I run two BCFs setup as 16 tracks, so assume this could be configured this way? I look forward to seeing it progress.
Old 09-08-2020, 10:39 PM   #10094
mschnell

Quote:
Beside that I would like to mention that I started an open hardware project named Scribble-D. This will be a scribble module for those working with scribble less controllers like me.
This is really interesting for me !
I use a Behringer XTouch Compact. In fact I use it not for mixing, but for Live playing, Reaper being an "instrument" and the XTouch it's surface for changing patches and tweaking sound parameters.

I would like to add a display to this setup.

I think the necessary specs are slightly different from your normally intended purpose.
I would need a display that is easily readable "on stage", i.e. rather bright, readable from a wide angle and not too small font.

I suppose it should be an OLED in white or multi-color.

I need three lines for the patch names, either in an appropriately high panel (kind of square) or in three separate rectangular panels.

Graphics for parameter display would be nice but not necessary.

Thanks for any comment ! (Of course this would better be discussed in a separate thread....)
-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 07:16 AM   #10095
Nick Morris

Default Eucon Transport Wheel

Its been a long time since I checked in on new developments and this thread is unmanageable to sift through, but is the Eucon artist transport jog/scrub wheel still not speaking or do we have them communicating with CSI?

Anyone able to list what isn't working with Eucon artist (or S) controllers or their current issues under CSI?
Old 09-09-2020, 07:41 AM   #10096
Cragster

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetnprophet View Post
bummer dude! My XS extender did the same thing about a year ago. I had to send it in, they "reflashed" it or something like that, basically wipe the programming clean and reinstall. Some have had success rolling back to V 1.0 firmware but if that doesn't work it has to be repaired by MixWare, who is the authorized dealer/repair for US...Icon doesn't have a presence in US itself. I have a contact at Mixware if you're interested. It took about 2 weeks for me to send, get repaired, and get returned.
I was really angry that my prox went after only year and a half. But I gotta say Icon customer service has been unbelievable. I emailed them first and they got back to me like an hour later and then I called mixware and they got back to me the next day and he said since it's only a year and a half old even though it's past the year warranty he's going to send me out the new USB firmware board for free. And I can repair it myself he even sent me videos on how to repair it. I got to say that's some really killer customer service right there. So if anybody's thinking about and icon purchase I can't say anything bad about the customer service anyway
Cragster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 10:16 AM   #10097
poetnprophet

Quote:
I was really angry that my prox went after only year and a half. But I gotta say Icon customer service has been unbelievable. I emailed them first and they got back to me like an hour later and then I called mixware and they got back to me the next day and he said since it's only a year and a half old even though it's past the year warranty he's going to send me out the new USB firmware board for free. And I can repair it myself he even sent me videos on how to repair it. I got to say that's some really killer customer service right there. So if anybody's thinking about and icon purchase I can't say anything bad about the customer service anyway
right on dude! yes, Mixware is great and it's awesome they did that for you. Even when I first got the unit couple years ago, I had asked about some stuff to help with CSI for the master meter and lower display "code". Not sure if it ever got used but yes their support is noteworthy.

Have you noticed that the price for these units is up like 15-30%?
Old 09-09-2020, 10:31 AM   #10098
Navelpluisje

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcolmG View Post
Whoa, this looks really nice. I need to go through and see where the gaps are with my bcf zone, but at a quick glance there's a lot here to like.
Thanx Malcolm, If there are any gaps that could be fixed for the sake of the project, please let me know, or create a PR. That way the project can only grow and evolve.
Old 09-09-2020, 10:44 AM   #10099
Navelpluisje

Default NIce ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
This is really interesting for me !
I use a Behringer XTouch Compact. In fact I use it not for mixing, but for Live playing, Reaper being an "instrument" and the XTouch it's surface for changing patches and tweaking sound parameters.

I would like to add a display to this setup.

Thanks for any comment ! (Of course this would better be discussed in a separate thread....)
-Michael
Created a new thread for this project: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=242114

All input is welcome.
Old 09-09-2020, 10:53 AM   #10100
Cragster

Quote:
right on dude! yes, Mixware is great and it's awesome they did that for you. Even when I first got the unit couple years ago, I had asked about some stuff to help with CSI for the master meter and lower display "code". Not sure if it ever got used but yes their support is noteworthy.

Have you noticed that the price for these units is up like 15-30%?
Yes noticed that. I paid 999 for mine. They 1099 now on the same site
Old 09-09-2020, 11:21 AM   #10101
poetnprophet

Quote:
Yes noticed that. I paid 999 for mine. They 1099 now on the same site
Exactly...except I'm pretty sure I paid 899 for mine, and 799 for the XS.
Old 09-09-2020, 04:44 PM   #10102
Cragster

Quote:
Exactly...except I'm pretty sure I paid 899 for mine, and 799 for the XS.
they must be selling big for them to keep raising the price.think maybe all the MCU long time users who just wanted a change jumped on the ProX wagon....being very similar,meters and just dam cool looking...idk just a guess

BTW the one thing on that surface that got the worst reviews was the thing i wierdly came to like....the clicky buttons...idk wasnt sure about them at first but after a bit i really liked them. ok enough about non-CSI stuff. Sorry evryone
Old 09-10-2020, 12:04 AM   #10103
strangy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Thank you! It works
strangy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 05:56 PM   #10104
MalcolmG

Hi all,

The documentation that used to be in my github wiki is now migrated across to Geoff's at https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...ntegrator/wiki

I'll put a note to that effect in mine.

It started out as my notes as I was figuring things out, but both Geoff and Funkybot have added a lot to them, so it makes sense that these live with the rest of the project.

I'll keep documenting things in the new wiki as I figure them out, but as I have it setup already CSI is ticking a lot of my boxes so I've been doing more recording than tinkering.

Funkybot, not sure if you still have/want access to edit them, but chat with Geoff if so.

Thanks again Geoff.

Last edited by MalcolmG; 09-10-2020 at 07:29 PM.
MalcolmG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 02:36 AM   #10105
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcolmG View Post
Hi all,

The documentation that used to be in my github wiki is now migrated across to Geoff's at https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...ntegrator/wiki

I'll put a note to that effect in mine.

It started out as my notes as I was figuring things out, but both Geoff and Funkybot have added a lot to them, so it makes sense that these live with the rest of the project.

I'll keep documenting things in the new wiki as I figure them out, but as I have it setup already CSI is ticking a lot of my boxes so I've been doing more recording than tinkering.

Funkybot, not sure if you still have/want access to edit them, but chat with Geoff if so.

Thanks again Geoff.
Thanks for getting this moved over, and thanks for all the effort !

Updated my sig accordingly.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 04:35 AM   #10106
conorg

I had to nuke the Reaper resource folder and put my build of reaper_csurf_integrator.dylib in there from the start, swapping it in after the fact doesn't work. Working now!

I have noticed that I need to check "Auto Map FX" in the Control Surface/Midi settings to get VSTs to respond is that expected?

But it's all very fragile:

If I go into Reaper Preferences and hit "edit" on the Control Surface Integrator, as soon as I click "OK" the VST no longer responds. Removing the VST and re-inserting it starts up communication again. Nothing else seems to.

If I close the project and re-open it, the VST no longer responds. Again, removing the VST and re-inserting it starts up communication again.

Now that I am able to build and debug reaper_csurf_integrator.dylib is there any troubleshooting I can do to help figure this out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Looks like CSI is succesfully loading, suspect a config issue.

If you are familiar with your debugging environment, just put a breakpoint in Page::Run() and follow along until it crashes.

Otherwise, please post your csi.ini, .mst/.ost files as well as any .zon files, we'll have a look there.
conorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 01:33 PM   #10107
Equitone

Default CSI project talking version

Hi,
I raised this a while back, and we're progressing. I have a couple of questions though.
We currently have a program which uses loopmidi and effectively the ports in loopmidi are pointed to the ports on the control surface. Currently, I'm checking out how well this works, but I would like to ask a couple of technical questions:
1.The manual implies that you can specify in the .zon file what is displayed on the lcd display. Is this in fact the case?
2.If yes, and assuming I use a nano which doesn't have a display, could I lie to CSI by telling it to display certain things?
Many thanks for any thoughts,
David.
Equitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 02:39 PM   #10108
Cragster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equitone View Post
Hi,
I raised this a while back, and we're progressing. I have a couple of questions though.
We currently have a program which uses loopmidi and effectively the ports in loopmidi are pointed to the ports on the control surface. Currently, I'm checking out how well this works, but I would like to ask a couple of technical questions:
1.The manual implies that you can specify in the .zon file what is displayed on the lcd display. Is this in fact the case?
2.If yes, and assuming I use a nano which doesn't have a display, could I lie to CSI by telling it to display certain things?
Many thanks for any thoughts,
David.
Use FixedTextDiplay for what u want the display to say
...so
DisplayUpper1 FixedTextDisplay "some text"
Old 09-11-2020, 03:16 PM   #10109
Equitone

Quote:
Use FixedTextDiplay for what u want the display to say
...so
DisplayUpper1 FixedTextDisplay "some text"
Great! So what would happen if I included that line in a .zon file for a surface with no display. Essentially, what I'm trying to achieve is reading and speaking the display,
Thanks,
Old 09-12-2020, 07:11 AM   #10110
Equitone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equitone View Post
Great! So what would happen if I included that line in a .zon file for a surface with no display. Essentially, what I'm trying to achieve is reading and speaking the display,
Thanks,
Further to this, I'd like the program to speak the percentage pan when turning a pot.
Old 09-12-2020, 08:41 AM   #10111
MixMonkey

Quote:
I tried a few ways...started using a new plugin called relay which i do have mapped in csi. A volume balance plug so i have it first on evry track. I thought it was that but i tried a few more plugs...reacomp....reaEQ...even tried a few plugs that i dont have mapped in CSI. All the same ..if Neutron is not first it doesnt work. All my plugs use selectedtracknavigator. And i tried all this on a fresh new project with one track also. Evey senario the neutron plug has to be first in the chain for it to work.
It's not just the Neutron plugin. It's any plugin whose mapping contains more than one Zone (ie SubZones). The additional SubZones will only work if the plugin is first in the chain. If the plugin is in any other position, the additional SubZones won't work.

How's that new version coming along Geoff?

Last edited by MixMonkey; 09-12-2020 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Confusing terminology
MixMonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 02:40 PM   #10112
BengtS

Default Volume Control of fixed channel

I have used CSI for quite some time with a Launchpad. Works great.

Now I wanted to connect a nanoKontrol2 and the buttons work as I wanted, but my main question is regarding the faders.

I would like one of them to always control the volume of one fixed channel, independently of what channel is selected. Is that possible? How would I write it in the Zon file?

Zone "Channel|"
TrackNavigator (fixed to channel 3)
Fader| TrackVolume
ZoneEnd

My second problem is about using one button as a shift button. I would like to use the Cycle button as a shift button.

If I declare in the Zon file:

Cycle shift

It works exactly once. The LED of the cycle button is turned on when I press it, but never again off.

What am I doing wrong?

I want to use shift to get a second function on some buttons, like

shift+rec1 Reaper xxx
rec1 Reaper yyy

Is that possible?

TIA!

Best regards,
Bengt
BengtS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 04:31 PM   #10113
Cragster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
It's not just the Neutron plugin. It's any plugin whose mapping contains more than one Zone (ie SubZones). The additional SubZones will only work if the plugin is first in the chain. If the plugin is in any other position, the additional SubZones won't work.

How's that new version coming along Geoff?
oh ok i got ya. thanks for that info. Is that a bug maybe ? Its ok though i can put the neutron and other mega plugs i have first.because most times once i load those all in one plugs i dont really need any others.and if i do they are most time plugs that can go after.

On a side note..i finally figured out how to scrub the audio with the jog wheel while on CSI.i could never get it to scrub like it did in Klinke. i use that alot.I finally found the setting in preferences. "Limit jog rate to 1.0x" check box in preferences/playback if anyone needs that info. since its not checked by default. And of course choose scrub in the drop down.

Just wish there was an action to turn it on and off so i could map my scrub button.
something is better then nothing.

just wanted to share that.you all probly already knew that. im always behind the times lol
Old 09-12-2020, 04:34 PM   #10114
Cragster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengtS View Post
I have used CSI for quite some time with a Launchpad. Works great.

Now I wanted to connect a nanoKontrol2 and the buttons work as I wanted, but my main question is regarding the faders.

I would like one of them to always control the volume of one fixed channel, independently of what channel is selected. Is that possible? How would I write it in the Zon file?

Zone "Channel|"
TrackNavigator (fixed to channel 3)
Fader| TrackVolume
ZoneEnd

My second problem is about using one button as a shift button. I would like to use the Cycle button as a shift button.

If I declare in the Zon file:

Cycle shift

It works exactly once. The LED of the cycle button is turned on when I press it, but never again off.

What am I doing wrong?

I want to use shift to get a second function on some buttons, like

shift+rec1 Reaper xxx
rec1 Reaper yyy

Is that possible?

TIA!

Best regards,
Bengt
not sure bout the 1st question... but the 2nd one...a shift(modifier button) needs to be a press and release button. maybe that button your trying isnt..check in midi ox or the like
Old 09-12-2020, 04:36 PM   #10115
Cragster

and you need to map it in the mst file press and release

with FB_TwoState so the light turns off and on
Old 09-12-2020, 04:39 PM   #10116
MixMonkey

Quote:
oh ok i got ya. thanks for that info. Is that a bug maybe ? Its ok though i can put the neutron and other mega plugs i have first.because most times once i load those all in one plugs i dont really need any others.and if i do they are most time plugs that can go after.
Yes, it's a bug It's come up before, been squashed, and come back. As a workaround you can still use the modifiers to achieve the same result. Fortunately, my most 'zone intensive' plugins are synth plugins, which always go first in the chain. Phew
MixMonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 02:25 AM   #10117
BengtS

Quote:
and you need to map it in the mst file press and release

with FB_TwoState so the light turns off and on
This is the definition:

Widget Cycle
Press BF 2e 7f
FB_TwoState BF 2e 7f BF 2e 00
WidgetEnd

Is this correct?
Old 09-13-2020, 11:53 AM   #10118
Cragster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengtS View Post
This is the definition:

Widget Cycle
Press BF 2e 7f
FB_TwoState BF 2e 7f BF 2e 00
WidgetEnd

Is this correct?
heres what i have for modifiers. well in your case it would be cycle
Code:
Widget Shift
	Press 90 46 7f 90 46 00
      FB_TwoState 90 46 7f 90 46 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Option
	Press 90 47 7f 90 47 00
     FB_TwoState 90 47 7f 90 47 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Control
	Press 90 48 7f 90 48 00
      FB_TwoState 90 48 7f 90 48 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Alt
	Press 90 49 7f 90 49 00
      FB_TwoState 90 49 7f 90 49 00
WidgetEnd
and i had a problem modifier buttons on my Prox where the light wouldnt stay on.turns out the buttons they labled for modifiers were not press and release..or something like that..Geoff helped me out with the issue .So i had to map my modifiers to other buttons. Its important to me that the lights stay lit when im latched into a modifier mode.i also didnt know that. when you Quick press a modifier it latches and stays in that mode so u dont hafta hold the button while your performing shift,control,option,alt functions.when the button wouldnt stay lit i never knew what modifier i was in.got to be confusing.

So i guess what im trying to say is try the mst like i have . if that doesnt get it try another button on your surface to map shift to..if you have another free button.and modifiers are global so you could use a button on another suface if you have more then one..which is what i did. good luck
Old 09-13-2020, 11:59 AM   #10119
BengtS

Quote:
heres what i have for modifiers. well in your case it would be cycle
Code:
Widget Shift
	Press 90 46 7f 90 46 00
      FB_TwoState 90 46 7f 90 46 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Option
	Press 90 47 7f 90 47 00
     FB_TwoState 90 47 7f 90 47 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Control
	Press 90 48 7f 90 48 00
      FB_TwoState 90 48 7f 90 48 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Alt
	Press 90 49 7f 90 49 00
      FB_TwoState 90 49 7f 90 49 00
WidgetEnd
and i had a problem modifier buttons on my Prox where the light wouldnt stay on.turns out the buttons they labled for modifiers were not press and release..or something like that..Geoff helped me out with the issue .So i had to map my modifiers to other buttons. Its important to me that the lights stay lit when im latched into a modifier mode.i also didnt know that. when you Quick press a modifier it latches and stays in that mode so u dont hafta hold the button while your performing shift,control,option,alt functions.when the button wouldnt stay lit i never knew what modifier i was in.got to be confusing.

So i guess what im trying to say is try the mst like i have . if that doesnt get it try another button on your surface to map shift to..if you have another free button.and modifiers are global so you could use a button on another suface if you have more then one..which is what i did. good luck
Thank you so much! That solved my problem with the modifier button. :-)
Old 09-13-2020, 12:48 PM   #10120
BengtS

How can I use a fader to call a Reaper function?

I have some faders in the mst file

Widget Fader1
Fader7Bit bf 00 7f
WidgetEnd

and want to call the Reaper function

Track: Set volume for track 03 (MIDI CC/OSC only) (36)

So, in the zon file, I would like to do this:

Fader1 Reaper "36"

This does not work and moves the fader only once to some fixed value.

Can this be done?

Or is there a way to allow the midi to get into the standard Reaper midi handling, where one could grab it to perform any task, including changing the track volume of channel 3.

I noticed, that when I put any channel into record mode, I do get all the midi from the device used for CSI. But I would prefer to get it also without. Is there any way to enable this?

TIA!

Best regards,
Bengt