Old 06-21-2020, 06:05 PM   #7041
nexeu
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
That's clearly not something I've ever done (or I would have made it undo-able). Currently no - you'd need to create a new macro knob and set it up again :| Sorry.

Problem is - by overwriting the control assignments with another control - it loses all the macro specific data associated with the control.

I've just tested - and the undo system doesn't currently cover this scenario - but I'll look into it for the future - as I can see how that would be very annoying.
Alright thanks lb0.

Also, I've seen there is quite a good align system you have right there. However, I couldn't find a way to distribute group of controls evenly to selected area. something like this (did manually for distribution). Did I miss out something?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot-2020-06-22-at-7.28.38-AM.jpg (49.3 KB, 169 views)
nexeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 05:06 AM   #7042
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexeu View Post
Alright thanks lb0.

Also, I've seen there is quite a good align system you have right there. However, I couldn't find a way to distribute group of controls evenly to selected area. something like this (did manually for distribution). Did I miss out something?
The align and distribute tools only work on individually selected controls.

Unfortunately there is no current way to align groups of controls apart from selecting each group and moving it manually to where you want it.

Or did I misunderstand? It's not entirely clear to me what you mean from the image.
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 06:13 PM   #7043
nexeu

Quote:
The align and distribute tools only work on individually selected controls.

Unfortunately there is no current way to align groups of controls apart from selecting each group and moving it manually to where you want it.

Or did I misunderstand? It's not entirely clear to me what you mean from the image.
Yes you got it right. I was trying to distribute space evenly to the groups of controls. I thought the feature is very similar to illustrator and photoshop so I thought it might work.

Last edited by nexeu; 06-22-2020 at 09:24 PM.
Old 06-23-2020, 12:32 PM   #7044
lb0

Quote:
Yes you got it right. I was trying to distribute space evenly to the groups of controls. I thought the feature is very similar to illustrator and photoshop so I thought it might work.
It's not really something I've thought of or needed - hence I've not added it.

I would say it's still pretty easy to align groups as you need manually - when you highlight a group - the top/left most control should always align to the grid with the others staying relative to that control.

If you group all the controls as a strip (or they have been added as a strip) - you can select them easily (including any graphics selected as part of the strip) by holding shift and clicking on one of the controls (in FX/TRACK edit modes).

The selected control that has white corner highlights (as opposed to blue) will show it's position on the bar at the bottom - and you can nudge selected controls about by holding shift and using arrow keys. You can change the white corner highlighted control within a selection by clicking on it.

So although it doesn't allow automatic distribution of grouped controls - there are various mechanisms there to help to align them manually.
Old 06-24-2020, 07:17 AM   #7045
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kierini View Post
so.... how to remove a strip?
In LIVE mode - hold alt whilst over the strip - click the red X button.

In DM (dynamic) mode - press Alt and click on the switcher above the strip. Or use the switcher menu.
Old 06-24-2020, 07:40 PM   #7046
nexeu

Quote:
It's not really something I've thought of or needed - hence I've not added it.

I would say it's still pretty easy to align groups as you need manually - when you highlight a group - the top/left most control should always align to the grid with the others staying relative to that control.

If you group all the controls as a strip (or they have been added as a strip) - you can select them easily (including any graphics selected as part of the strip) by holding shift and clicking on one of the controls (in FX/TRACK edit modes).

The selected control that has white corner highlights (as opposed to blue) will show it's position on the bar at the bottom - and you can nudge selected controls about by holding shift and using arrow keys. You can change the white corner highlighted control within a selection by clicking on it.

So although it doesn't allow automatic distribution of grouped controls - there are various mechanisms there to help to align them manually.
Oh yes~ I never knew it could work that way as well. I guess that's another way to skin a cat (LBX in this case). Thanks lb0
Old 06-24-2020, 07:49 PM   #7047
nexeu

Default Is there a way to sync the knob value display between Macro and other Knobs

I have set 2 pairs of knobs. In each pair, there is Vol & Pan. However, 1 pair is normal control type and the other is Macro. Although they are all at the same level/values, the display is different. Macro pair shows by its own type of unit and level. Is there a way to make it all look the same?

I'd tried playing with control option, but the visuals do not tally. I'm probably out of luck.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot-2020-06-25-at-9.12.17-AM.png (50.0 KB, 160 views)

Last edited by nexeu; 06-24-2020 at 08:08 PM.
Old 06-25-2020, 05:48 AM   #7048
lb0

Quote:
I have set 2 pairs of knobs. In each pair, there is Vol & Pan. However, 1 pair is normal control type and the other is Macro. Although they are all at the same level/values, the display is different. Macro pair shows by its own type of unit and level. Is there a way to make it all look the same?

I'd tried playing with control option, but the visuals do not tally. I'm probably out of luck.
The way to do this would be to add a second copy of the control that has the correct readout - (or you could use the first - depends on your design) - and use this as the value display for the macro control. But it would not be easy to overlay the readout on top of the macro control (you'd need to get very creative with the control graphics - creating entirely transparent portion for the overlaid control.

So you would then place this 'value display' control somewhere next to the macro control - and set the control type to METER - (so it doesn't do anything when you click on it).

Old 06-26-2020, 06:29 AM   #7049
nexeu

Quote:
The way to do this would be to add a second copy of the control that has the correct readout - (or you could use the first - depends on your design) - and use this as the value display for the macro control. But it would not be easy to overlay the readout on top of the macro control (you'd need to get very creative with the control graphics - creating entirely transparent portion for the overlaid control.

So you would then place this 'value display' control somewhere next to the macro control - and set the control type to METER - (so it doesn't do anything when you click on it).

Wow~! That's really a neat trick. I've never thought of doing so that way at all. That really solves all for Pan Knob.

However, for the Vol knob and Macro, when I tried to put default value at 0dB, the real vol knob is turned more than half level and the macro is just about 1/4 of it (0.25). But they both are at 0db.

Is there a way to make both of the knobs turning at the same ratio? I tried playing with gauge at control option. It has something to do with it about how much the knobs should be turned for default value? Thanks lb0
Old 06-26-2020, 07:08 AM   #7050
lb0

Quote:
Wow~! That's really a neat trick. I've never thought of doing so that way at all. That really solves all for Pan Knob.

However, for the Vol knob and Macro, when I tried to put default value at 0dB, the real vol knob is turned more than half level and the macro is just about 1/4 of it (0.25). But they both are at 0db.

Is there a way to make both of the knobs turning at the same ratio? I tried playing with gauge at control option. It has something to do with it about how much the knobs should be turned for default value? Thanks lb0
The problem is the volume knob scale not being linear. There are several ways you may be abe to improve things. On CTL OPTIONS page 2 - there are settings to set the scale of the control. There is specifically a REAPER VOL option - which gets close to matching Reaper's non linear scale.

Alternatively - you also have various 'shapes' you can assign each parameter learned to a macro - some of these might help - but not sure...
Old 06-26-2020, 05:29 PM   #7051
nexeu

Quote:
The problem is the volume knob scale not being linear. There are several ways you may be abe to improve things. On CTL OPTIONS page 2 - there are settings to set the scale of the control. There is specifically a REAPER VOL option - which gets close to matching Reaper's non linear scale.

Alternatively - you also have various 'shapes' you can assign each parameter learned to a macro - some of these might help - but not sure...
Alright, so since Macro MAX OV can't go beyond value 1, I tweaked actual Vol knob MAX OV to 30 and they start look some what the same. Thanks lb0
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot-2020-06-27-at-6.52.52-AM.jpg (30.4 KB, 144 views)
Old 06-27-2020, 12:40 AM   #7052
lb0

Quote:
Alright, so since Macro MAX OV can't go beyond value 1, I tweaked actual Vol knob MAX OV to 30 and they start look some what the same. Thanks lb0
Hmmm. not sure what benefit you'd get from increasing MAX OV - as it's a normalized value - so anything greater than 1 will likely be ignored. What affect does increasing it have?

It's the scale settings underneath that should have the affect (but it is designed for sliders rather than knobs - where with a knob you may want 0dB to be halfway rather than 3/4).
Old 06-27-2020, 05:48 AM   #7053
nexeu

Quote:
Hmmm. not sure what benefit you'd get from increasing MAX OV - as it's a normalized value - so anything greater than 1 will likely be ignored. What affect does increasing it have?

It's the scale settings underneath that should have the affect (but it is designed for sliders rather than knobs - where with a knob you may want 0dB to be halfway rather than 3/4).
Turning up MAX OV value of the volume knob brings down the degree of knob turning angle without affecting its actual value. Can we call it 'calibration' between macro & vol visual value display?

This wouldn't do much difference on the day you are sober, but if you are not, you would likely be confused by looks and might mess things up. So yea, I'm just trying to prevent errors by keeping the visuals as closely related as possible.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot-2020-06-27-at-6.58.49-PM.jpg (26.0 KB, 167 views)
Old 06-29-2020, 08:19 AM   #7054
Jae.Thomas

im getting some interesting behavior. On some tracks it says plugin not found.

on others, it inserts plugins when I put in the strip

on others, it puts some "insert" plugin before and after..

both using reacomp or soundtoys decapitator

also what should the folder structure be and what should be put where? I feel like I messed it up
Jae.Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 08:36 AM   #7055
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Brian Merrill View Post
im getting some interesting behavior. On some tracks it says plugin not found.

on others, it inserts plugins when I put in the strip

on others, it puts some "insert" plugin before and after..

both using reacomp or soundtoys decapitator

also what should the folder structure be and what should be put where? I feel like I messed it up
The INSERT plugins only get used in MIX mode - you don't really want to use mix mode - as dynamic mode has superceded it - and does not require the INSERT dummy plugins.

Basically - it sounds like you're using the track list on the left sidebar to switch tracks?? For dynamic mode - you do not want to do this (and I'm going to upgrade the script to make it more obvious not to do this). Also ensure that the FLW option at the bottom of the left sidebar is switched off! (otherwise this may also cause you to keep switching out of dynamic mode).

If the Master track (within Stripper) is selected as dynamic mode track - select this in the sidebar and do not change it. This will keep you in dynamic mode.

In order to change tracks within Stripper in dynamic mode - simply switch track selection in the TCP (or MCP) - or via the dynamic mode track buttons (shortcut Q if they aren't visible).

I guess switching out of dynamic mode into either LIVE mode (or MIX mode) is only necessary if you need the different way of working to dynamic mode.

DM (dynamic) mode is basically built for mixing. LIVE mode is more freeform - but lacks many DM mode features, and like I said earlier - just don't use MIX mode (it's only there to not upset users old projects that may have used it).

The folder structure should be

REAPER/LBX/LBXCS_resources/

If you've messed up the folders in the LBXCS_resources folder - I would reinstall it using whatever method you used originally (possibly Zeno's installation?).

If you've created your own strips - - maybe back up the resources folder before you reinstall/replace it.
Old 06-29-2020, 08:51 AM   #7056
Jae.Thomas

here's what I have:

Code:
       4	       8	         4901360	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\
       0	       0	               0	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\Extras\
      16	       7	        12313353	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\
       0	       0	               0	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\actiondumps\
       0	    4052	       296172213	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\controls\
       0	       0	               0	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\eq\
       0	       0	               0	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\eqbands\
      17	      46	         4619940	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\graphics\
       0	      65	          184761	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\graphics\Hopi\
       0	       3	            3395	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\graphics\LBX\
       0	       0	               0	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\graphics\T-E-S-T\
       0	       6	           10711	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\graphics\Timb_Actions&Icons\
       0	      82	         6520777	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\graphics\Timb_Backgrounds&Tables-0\
       0	      92	         6239964	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\graphics\Timb_Backgrounds&Tables-1\
       0	     121	         8074206	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\graphics\Timb_Backgrounds&Tables-2\
       0	       4	          102583	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\graphics\Timb_Backgrounds&Tables-3\
       0	      47	         1035049	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\graphics\Timb_Cables\
       0	      84	         2654828	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\graphics\Timb_Logos\
       0	      46	          328694	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\graphics\Timb_minikas\
       0	      37	          416308	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\graphics\Timb_Misc\
       0	     113	         1749699	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\graphics\Timb_Numbers\
       0	      14	          118998	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\graphics\Timb_Screws\
       0	       4	        15696696	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\graphics\Timb_Wallpapers\
       0	      57	         2032243	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\graphics\z_Temporary\
       0	      50	         8617389	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\graphics\Zeno\
       0	       2	            4116	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\icons\
       0	      11	          289219	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\knobfiles\
       0	       1	           49288	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\lbx_jsfx\
       0	       0	               0	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\modpresets\
       0	       0	               0	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\paths\
       0	       0	               0	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\projsave\
       0	       0	               0	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\sets\
       0	       0	               0	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\share\
       2	       0	               0	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\skins\
       0	      63	          104424	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\skins\LBX_Dark\
       0	      60	           98873	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\skins\LBXDEF\
      28	      47	        62394662	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\
       0	       4	           13087	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\#controls\
       0	       4	           99891	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\_Antares\
       0	       6	          563487	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\_Cockos\
       0	       2	          323736	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\_Flux\
       0	      20	         1624034	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\_PluginAlliance\
       0	       6	         5997937	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\_PSPaudioware\
       0	      36	         2384158	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\_SoundToys\
       0	       2	           67155	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\_Wavesfactory\
       0	     187	        12198223	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\AirWindows\
       0	       6	          129257	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\ANALYZER\
       0	       0	               0	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\CHANNEL STRIPS\
       0	      28	         3497266	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\Cockos\
       0	       6	           89573	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\DISTORTION\
       0	      18	         3013190	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\FabFilter\
       0	      30	          867942	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\FX_COMPs\
       0	       1	           10430	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\FX_EQs\
       0	       0	               0	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\FX_MODs\
       0	     223	        19210559	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\JS\
       0	       3	            1768	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\JSFX\
       0	      36	         3909389	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\Kilohearts\
       0	      19	        10611707	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\LBX_DMSTRIPS\
       0	       4	           24162	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\LBX_TEMPLATES\
       0	       6	          135544	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\LIMITER\
       0	     120	        16583857	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\MeldaProduction\
       0	      18	         2313816	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\SoundToys\
       0	       7	         1089704	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\Valhalla\
       0	      43	        12739480	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\Voxengo\
       0	       4	           97403	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\WIDENER\
       5	      15	         2485416	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\updater\
       0	       2	           38778	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\updater\compat53\
       0	       1	           14848	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\updater\mime\
       0	       1	         2149053	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\updater\oldversions\
       0	       7	           87417	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\updater\socket\
       0	       1	            4186	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\updater\ssl\
       0	       0	               0	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\Share Strips\
       0	       1	             431	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\WinUpdater\
Old 06-29-2020, 08:54 AM   #7057
lb0

Quote:
here's what I have:

Code:
       4	       8	         4901360	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\
       0	       0	               0	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\Extras\
      16	       7	        12313353	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\
       0	       0	               0	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\actiondumps\
       0	    4052	       296172213	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\controls\
       0	       0	               0	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\eq\
       0	       0	               0	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\eqbands\
      17	      46	         4619940	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\graphics\
       0	      65	          184761	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\graphics\Hopi\
       0	       3	            3395	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\graphics\LBX\
       0	       0	               0	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\graphics\T-E-S-T\
       0	       6	           10711	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\graphics\Timb_Actions&Icons\
       0	      82	         6520777	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\graphics\Timb_Backgrounds&Tables-0\
       0	      92	         6239964	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\graphics\Timb_Backgrounds&Tables-1\
       0	     121	         8074206	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\graphics\Timb_Backgrounds&Tables-2\
       0	       4	          102583	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\graphics\Timb_Backgrounds&Tables-3\
       0	      47	         1035049	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\graphics\Timb_Cables\
       0	      84	         2654828	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\graphics\Timb_Logos\
       0	      46	          328694	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\graphics\Timb_minikas\
       0	      37	          416308	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\graphics\Timb_Misc\
       0	     113	         1749699	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\graphics\Timb_Numbers\
       0	      14	          118998	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\graphics\Timb_Screws\
       0	       4	        15696696	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\graphics\Timb_Wallpapers\
       0	      57	         2032243	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\graphics\z_Temporary\
       0	      50	         8617389	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\graphics\Zeno\
       0	       2	            4116	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\icons\
       0	      11	          289219	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\knobfiles\
       0	       1	           49288	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\lbx_jsfx\
       0	       0	               0	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\modpresets\
       0	       0	               0	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\paths\
       0	       0	               0	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\projsave\
       0	       0	               0	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\sets\
       0	       0	               0	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\share\
       2	       0	               0	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\skins\
       0	      63	          104424	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\skins\LBX_Dark\
       0	      60	           98873	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\skins\LBXDEF\
      28	      47	        62394662	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\
       0	       4	           13087	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\#controls\
       0	       4	           99891	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\_Antares\
       0	       6	          563487	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\_Cockos\
       0	       2	          323736	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\_Flux\
       0	      20	         1624034	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\_PluginAlliance\
       0	       6	         5997937	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\_PSPaudioware\
       0	      36	         2384158	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\_SoundToys\
       0	       2	           67155	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\_Wavesfactory\
       0	     187	        12198223	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\AirWindows\
       0	       6	          129257	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\ANALYZER\
       0	       0	               0	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\CHANNEL STRIPS\
       0	      28	         3497266	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\Cockos\
       0	       6	           89573	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\DISTORTION\
       0	      18	         3013190	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\FabFilter\
       0	      30	          867942	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\FX_COMPs\
       0	       1	           10430	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\FX_EQs\
       0	       0	               0	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\FX_MODs\
       0	     223	        19210559	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\JS\
       0	       3	            1768	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\JSFX\
       0	      36	         3909389	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\Kilohearts\
       0	      19	        10611707	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\LBX_DMSTRIPS\
       0	       4	           24162	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\LBX_TEMPLATES\
       0	       6	          135544	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\LIMITER\
       0	     120	        16583857	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\MeldaProduction\
       0	      18	         2313816	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\SoundToys\
       0	       7	         1089704	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\Valhalla\
       0	      43	        12739480	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\Voxengo\
       0	       4	           97403	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\strips\WIDENER\
       5	      15	         2485416	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\updater\
       0	       2	           38778	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\updater\compat53\
       0	       1	           14848	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\updater\mime\
       0	       1	         2149053	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\updater\oldversions\
       0	       7	           87417	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\updater\socket\
       0	       1	            4186	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources\updater\ssl\
       0	       0	               0	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\Share Strips\
       0	       1	             431	C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)\Scripts\LBX\WinUpdater\
Yeah - that looks ok.

Are you getting errors or anything obvious starting up?

Obviously there are also settings that can be messed up - which may change the way the script behaves.

A GIF may help if there's any particular issue.
Old 06-29-2020, 08:58 AM   #7058
Jae.Thomas

everything seems to work great in dynamic mode.

can the navigator on the left be gotten rid of temporarily? I mean the one that scrolls. I do know you can get rid of the sidebar.
Old 06-29-2020, 09:09 AM   #7059
Zeno

Quote:
everything seems to work great in dynamic mode.

can the navigator on the left be gotten rid of temporarily? I mean the one that scrolls. I do know you can get rid of the sidebar.
I'm not quite sure what you mean. But try the tab key. Is that what you mean?
Zeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 09:12 AM   #7060
Jae.Thomas

after saving a project I set up as a default, loading a new project, I get this:

"Missing file: C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)/Scripts/LBX/LBXCS_resources/projsave/LBXStripper/default 2020.lbxstripper_dmdata"

I went to go delete a strip that showed up, and now there's another entry in the sidebar list "__LBXEDIT"

also, do we have to save on opening a new project?
Old 06-29-2020, 11:13 AM   #7061
lb0

Quote:
after saving a project I set up as a default, loading a new project, I get this:

"Missing file: C:\Portable Programs\Reaper (x64)/Scripts/LBX/LBXCS_resources/projsave/LBXStripper/default 2020.lbxstripper_dmdata"

I went to go delete a strip that showed up, and now there's another entry in the sidebar list "__LBXEDIT"

Hmmm. not sure why the dmdata file is missing - but generally it's not a problem - as the script can regenerate dm data. The only time this may be a problem is if a stripfile contains more than one plugin - you'd end up with multiple placeholders appearing instead of the correct strip (but you can put the correct strip back in by dragging in the correct strip whilst holding Alt (on windows - I guess it's a different key on mac) and linking to the correct plugins.

I guess it may be the link saved in the default project is somehow incorrect? There are ways to change where it saves the stripper data for the projects in the settings - maybe try putting it somewhere else?

Have you searched your drive for the dmdata file? I probably haven't tested all possibilities here with the dmdata files - I always save project data in a subfolder of where the rpp files are saved.

the __LBXEDIT track will only be created if you edit a strip from DM mode. Maybe you clicked on edit strip instead of delete strip?

Not entirely sure why the save is opening on a new project - how are you creating the new project?
Old 06-29-2020, 11:57 AM   #7062
Zeno

Quote:

Did you use the installation I provided (ALL-IN-ONE)? Then the LBX Stripper data will be saved in the sub folder <LBX Data>, which is automatically created in your project folder.
Or if you have a sub folder for your audio files within your project folder, then LBX Data will be in that folder.
Zeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 12:03 PM   #7063
Uncovered Pitch

I have two questions that may be related:

1. Where can I get the latest version including the Dynamic Mode? On the linked Github page I can only find the version(0.94) I had already installed two years ago.

2. Is it possible to display strips for two different tracks in the same window/canvas? For example if I wanted to quickly test different console emulations but not have them all be the same(i.e. 3 Neve, 2 API, 4 SSL). I know it isn't possible in Nyrv Agent either but maybe it can be done in Stripper?
Uncovered Pitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 12:07 PM   #7064
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncovered Pitch View Post
I have two questions that may be related:

1. Where can I get the latest version including the Dynamic Mode? On the linked Github page I can only find the version(0.94) I had already installed two years ago.

2. Is it possible to display strips for two different tracks in the same window/canvas? For example if I wanted to quickly test different console emulations but not have them all be the same(i.e. 3 Neve, 2 API, 4 SSL). I know isn't possible in Nyrv Agent either but maybe it can be done in Stripper?
there are 4 numbers after 0.94 eg 0.94.01xx

So even though 0.94 has been around for nearly forever - there have been over 100 minor (and major in terms of code) changes since...

The version on github is the latest release version.

2: Yes - when dragging in a strip - hold Alt (on windows - or equiv. on Mac) - then it will bring up a link dialog which allows you to link the strip instance to already existing plugins on another track - or create the plugins on another track (I think - sorry - not at my main computer and it's not something I often do) - but ultimately - yes you can do this no problem.
Old 06-30-2020, 03:52 PM   #7065
Uncovered Pitch

Quote:
there are 4 numbers after 0.94 eg 0.94.01xx

So even though 0.94 has been around for nearly forever - there have been over 100 minor (and major in terms of code) changes since...

The version on github is the latest release version.

2: Yes - when dragging in a strip - hold Alt (on windows - or equiv. on Mac) - then it will bring up a link dialog which allows you to link the strip instance to already existing plugins on another track - or create the plugins on another track (I think - sorry - not at my main computer and it's not something I often do) - but ultimately - yes you can do this no problem.
Thanks for the super-quick reply. I must have the latest version then but still can't enter dynamic mode. When I right-click on any track I only get the first two menu items about clearing strips.

The alt-dragging of strips worked great. I also just figured out a way to make single controls point to a different track. In Edit mode, on either the FX or Track tab, you can click on the track name/number and it will turn red and expose the FX of the next track. Repeated clicking on the track name button cycles through the tracks. This way you can customise controls over many tracks on one canvas. Obviously you know this but maybe someone else will benefit.
Old 06-30-2020, 03:56 PM   #7066
lb0

Quote:
Thanks for the super-quick reply. I must have the latest version then but still can't enter dynamic mode. When I right-click on any track I only get the first two menu items about clearing strips.

The alt-dragging of strips worked great. I also just figured out a way to make single controls point to a different track. In Edit mode, on either the FX or Track tab, you can click on the track name/number and it will turn red and expose the FX of the next track. Repeated clicking on the track name button cycles through the tracks. This way you can customise controls over many tracks on one canvas. Obviously you know this but maybe someone else will benefit.
Can you give me a screenshot of the menu? Showing where you clicked etc. Thanks.
Old 06-30-2020, 08:08 PM   #7067
dylfish

Hey Guys,

I have made a 5 state animated knob for EQ filter bands for Anolog Obsessions Brit Channel.

For some reason it keeps skipping one of the animations (only showing 4 of 5). Is there any known reason for this?

Also instead of a knob is there a mode where it could be a group of 5 pushbuttons with one 1 selected at a time? Would i have to use a cycle button?

https://www.vst4free.com/img/AO-BritChannel_2.jpg - Cycle Knobs

https://www.gearnews.com/wp-content/...ion-merica.jpg - Pushbutton
dylfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 02:03 AM   #7068
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylfish View Post
Hey Guys,

I have made a 5 state animated knob for EQ filter bands for Anolog Obsessions Brit Channel.

For some reason it keeps skipping one of the animations (only showing 4 of 5). Is there any known reason for this?

Also instead of a knob is there a mode where it could be a group of 5 pushbuttons with one 1 selected at a time? Would i have to use a cycle button?

https://www.vst4free.com/img/AO-BritChannel_2.jpg - Cycle Knobs

https://www.gearnews.com/wp-content/...ion-merica.jpg - Pushbutton
Hi Dylfish

An animation will get skipped if the step values reported by the plugin are
not evenly spaced. Use a cycle control with pos to frame active.

And yes - to your second question - use a cycle control and from that use the create radio buttons option from the cycle steps menu.
Old 07-01-2020, 08:46 AM   #7069
Uncovered Pitch

Quote:
Can you give me a screenshot of the menu? Showing where you clicked etc. Thanks.
I actually went down another route and installed the Zeno package which has everything pre-configured. Turned out I'd been on version 79 for whatever reason and not on 192. Now Dynamic Mode works as seen in your video—great!

I do have another question though: is it possible to enlarge imported strips on the canvas? I work in 1920x1080 HiDPi and 3840x2160 modes and can barely see them. I think I've maxed out everything in the Settings window and tried the Shift += shortcut but nothing works. Interestingly, in the HiDPi mode the whole window contents appear nice and large at first, then everything "snaps" to the tiny size. I have a feeling there may be a tweak somewhere to prevent this from happening or to make the zooming function work. I'm on Mac Mojave btw.
Old 07-01-2020, 08:50 AM   #7070
lb0

Quote:
I actually went down another route and installed the Zeno package which has everything pre-configured. Turned out I'd been on version 79 for whatever reason and not on 192. Now Dynamic Mode works as seen in your video—great!

I do have another question though: is it possible to enlarge imported strips on the canvas? I work in 1920x1080 HiDPi and 3840x2160 modes and can barely see them. I think I've maxed out everything in the Settings window and tried the Shift += shortcut but nothing works. Interestingly, in the HiDPi mode the whole window contents appear nice and large at first, then everything "snaps" to the tiny size. I have a feeling there may be a tweak somewhere to prevent this from happening or to make the zooming function work. I'm on Mac Mojave btw.
Zeno changed the zooming shortcuts for his install to page up/down I believe. Try that.

EDIT:

Also - 79 is pretty old - had you been manually updating? (On mac you have to manually update via the github website - as the update function in the Settings menu only works for Windows).
Old 07-01-2020, 09:09 AM   #7071
Uncovered Pitch

Quote:
Zeno changed the zooming shortcuts for his install to page up/down I believe. Try that.

EDIT:

Also - 79 is pretty old - had you been manually updating? (On mac you have to manually update via the github website - as the update function in the Settings menu only works for Windows).
Yes this worked—thanks a lot! Now the only thing left on the graphics side are the fonts in the Settings window. They are small and pixellated on my system, even at smaller resolutions. Everything else displays nicely and I feel I'm at the races now!

And yes I had been manually updating via github but a mistake must have crept in at some point.
Old 07-01-2020, 12:34 PM   #7072
lb0

Quote:
Yes this worked—thanks a lot! Now the only thing left on the graphics side are the fonts in the Settings window. They are small and pixellated on my system, even at smaller resolutions. Everything else displays nicely and I feel I'm at the races now!

And yes I had been manually updating via github but a mistake must have crept in at some point.
What - the actual settings window itself - or the fonts everywhere which you change from the settings window??

Yes, currently Settings menu is fixed size - I will look into making it adjustable...
Old 07-01-2020, 12:52 PM   #7073
Uncovered Pitch

Quote:
What - the actual settings window itself - or the fonts everywhere which you change from the settings window??

Yes, currently Settings menu is fixed size - I will look into making it adjustable...
Yes the Settings windows itself. The other fonts I could max out just about enough for my resolutions. But in the Settings window even a magnifying glass didn't help because there wasn't enough pixel information. Thanks for looking into this!
Old 07-05-2020, 02:41 PM   #7074
permeke

latest stripper here.
Master in DM mode
pref settings : follow track option selected.
close settings window
open settings
Follow track option is deselected.
I did the save data button.

In short , my stripper doesn't follow my tracks anymore

think I found it . as soon as I select the master track in TCP or MCP , the FLW gets disabled!

Last edited by permeke; 07-05-2020 at 03:11 PM.
permeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 03:43 PM   #7075
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by permeke View Post
latest stripper here.
Master in DM mode
pref settings : follow track option selected.
close settings window
open settings
Follow track option is deselected.
I did the save data button.

In short , my stripper doesn't follow my tracks anymore

think I found it . as soon as I select the master track in TCP or MCP , the FLW gets disabled!
Yep - that's the way it's supposed to work. Follow Selected Track is an option for live mode only. DM mode uses a different method to ensure strips are shown for the selected track - so ignore that option.

In DM mode - simply changing the selected track via the TCP or MCP should be all you need to do.

In the latest (unreleased) update (going to be released soon) - DM mode will also allow switching of strips/tracks via the left sidebar...
Old 07-05-2020, 04:50 PM   #7076
permeke

OKay , but when the FLW button in the sidebar is not active, tracks don't follow and I even can't drag and drop strips.
What's more , when I activate the FLW button everything works as it should be but as soon as I select the master FLW deactivates.
It must be something simple I'm doing wrong.
I'm on OSX
Old 07-05-2020, 05:06 PM   #7077
lb0

Quote:
OKay , but when the FLW button in the sidebar is not active, tracks don't follow and I even can't drag and drop strips.
What's more , when I activate the FLW button everything works as it should be but as soon as I select the master FLW deactivates.
It must be something simple I'm doing wrong.
I'm on OSX
Are you using DM mode? It sounds like DM mode is active on Master - which is fine. The stripper track needs to stay on Master - as this is the DM mode track.

And If so - FLW should not be active. The left sidebar (in released version) should not be used to change track - otherwise it will exit DM mode.

If you right-click on the strip surface - activate the Mix Mode Options->Show Track Name on surface option.

On the top-left of the strip surface should appear the current DM mode track name.

What then happens when you change tracks via the MCP/TCP? The track name n the top-left should change to indicate the selected Reaper track. Does this happen? If so - it's working correctly.

As to why you cannot drag in any strips - I'm not sure - are you sure you have a track selected? Are you dragging in from the strip browser? If you can provide a GIF it may help me to understand what's going on exactly.
Old 07-05-2020, 05:09 PM   #7078
lb0

Also - can you check you have Use Bitmap Mask Control Detection option enabled in Settings->Performance.

This is a requirement for DM mode - and recommended to be active at all times anyway - if this is inactive - DM mode will not work - and you cannot drag in strips as well as many other things...

The only negative thing about using bitmap control detection is that it uses several bitmaps to indicate what is clicked on - which uses up a little more RAM, and takes a fraction of a second to refresh when it needs to be redrawn, everything else performance wise will be improved (click detection time/CPU etc).
Old 07-05-2020, 06:02 PM   #7079
permeke

Quote:
Also - can you check you have Use Bitmap Mask Control Detection option enabled in Settings->Performance.

This is a requirement for DM mode - and recommended to be active at all times anyway - if this is inactive - DM mode will not work - and you cannot drag in strips as well as many other things...

The only negative thing about using bitmap control detection is that it uses several bitmaps to indicate what is clicked on - which uses up a little more RAM, and takes a fraction of a second to refresh when it needs to be redrawn, everything else performance wise will be improved (click detection time/CPU etc).

Bitmap mask detection was off.
Everything is working again, thanks !
Old 07-05-2020, 06:13 PM   #7080
lb0

Quote:
Bitmap mask detection was off.
Everything is working again, thanks !
Ah - good that it's all working again!

I'm going to put a warning on that option. I've only left it in there as an option because very early on a user was using the script on a very basic system and didn't want to use excessive RAM (they even reduced the basic strip surface size to really small).

I think probably - the newer versions of the script are no longer suitable for that type of use now anyway - so I should probably remove the option... But for now - I'll put up a warning message box if a user tries to turn it off.