Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 12-27-2019, 03:21 PM   #121
KuulArt
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeder View Post
OK, OSX is not supported and completely untested so you will have to DIY on this one. Try opening REAPER ReWorked menuset - it's backed up in MenuSets, and replace all REAPER ReWorked\\ strings into REAPER ReWorked// (notice the different delimiter) and then try importing that). This is just a wild guess cause I don't have OSX so I can't really test, but this is the only thing that came to mind that could somehow influence this. Sorry for the "not-sure-if-it-works-or-not" answer but I simply don't use OSX and have no means to test this in that environment.
Yeah, that worked. Did search and replace for menuset file and icons showed up. Thanks!!!
KuulArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 06:50 AM   #122
Pashkuli
Banned

Reaper 6.02 ×64 bit, PORTABLE
Latest Reaper ReWorked mod v1.355.
The problem is the cursor's displacement way out (down/up) from the knobs, when tweaking the knobs on the interface.

A gif worth a thousand words, so here it it is (recorded with LICEcap)

You can see how the cursor goes far down (eventually over another track) or far up - over a button or another part of Reaper's interface.

What I would like is after the pan (knob) adjustment (after I release the mouse button, regardless of the dragged distance), the cursor to be placed back on either side of the knob (and over the knob or slightly outside).

Last edited by Pashkuli; 01-02-2020 at 08:50 AM.
Pashkuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 12:11 PM   #123
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by adXok View Post
Reaper 6.02 ×64 bit, PORTABLE
Latest Reaper ReWorked mod v1.355.
The problem is the cursor's displacement way out (down/up) from the knobs, when tweaking the knobs on the interface.

A gif worth a thousand words, so here it it is (recorded with LICEcap)

You can see how the cursor goes far down (eventually over another track) or far up - over a button or another part of Reaper's interface.

What I would like is after the pan (knob) adjustment (after I release the mouse button, regardless of the dragged distance), the cursor to be placed back on either side of the knob (and over the knob or slightly outside).
This is a request for REAPER developers
Breeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 12:42 PM   #124
Pashkuli
Banned

Quote:
This is a request for REAPER developers
Actually it is not.
Because it works fine on a clean Reaper installation.
When I install the ReWorked mod, the mouse catches this behaviour.
Very interesting... and I would like to track down the reason for this, but my knowledge is lacking on this subject.
Old 01-02-2020, 12:49 PM   #125
Breeder

Quote:
Actually it is not.
Because it works fine on a clean Reaper installation.
When I install the ReWorked mod, the mouse catches this behaviour.
Very interesting... and I would like to track down the reason for this, but my knowledge is lacking on this subject.
Interesting, it seems you're right. The problematic option is found in Preferences->Editing Behavior->Mouse->Use pen/tablet-safe mode. Once you disable it, everything works as expected.

I'll update this in the current installation, thank you for finding this!
Old 01-02-2020, 01:47 PM   #126
Pashkuli
Banned

My pleasure, Breeder!
Glad to help, although only as a tester.
I'll try the "fix". Thanks!

Apparently on PC we do not need pen/tablet mode.
So this is due to Reaper's setting and not ReWorked specific problem.
Old 01-04-2020, 04:19 AM   #127
Pashkuli
Banned

Exactly when I thought, I got the logic behind some ReWorked scripts and there is something that pops up and I am starting to doubt my cognitive abilities.

Ok, I saved my track template (to the corresponding location) with all the features I want (no rec-arm when selected, my default Input channel, Rec mode, etc.)... all good.

But when I double click to crate a new Track... and there it is that default ReWorked (template) track (who knows from where?!) with its different Inputs, rec-arm enabled when select the track (A, for automatic).

Breeder, can you help me with that, please?

* my default Track template is at the top and I saved the Default project with it on the top (as first track to have it there when I open Reaper)

Old 01-04-2020, 12:27 PM   #128
Breeder

Yes, this is explained in the manual!

This is that one thing that I just couldn't fix because REAPER doesn't allow to set custom actions when double clicking TCP :/

So if you double click TCP, it will just load the default track the REAPER way (using preferences for the default track in preferences)

I would love to have this working, but I just can't do anything about this, sorry, I don't like it either, but it's like it is

There are actually only two things that I couldn't do due to REAPER behaviour:
1) Have default track template get loaded on double-clicking TCP
2) Have REAPER execute project startup script without using templates (that's why all of project templates use SWS startup action to execute startup script and in the manual I recommend to always resave any new project templates from existing templates)

From my experience, I believe these are the only two things that require user intervention - everything else I believe I made completely fool-proof. If Cockos ever updates REAPER to support setting a global project startup action and TCP double clicking actions I will be able to fix these issuses)

adXok, you are really a good tester, thank you so much for taking your time to report this stuff
Old 01-04-2020, 01:10 PM   #129
Pashkuli
Banned

Well, those are pretty much standard user (dumb) actions.
I am really confused now how can I change the "default" (repaerway) track when double clicking to create new track in the TCP!?

Where can I disable the automatic rec-arm (for new tracks, which are not from template)?
Are you telling me that I can not assign a double click on TCP to a custom action (e.g. Load track from template)?
Old 01-04-2020, 01:15 PM   #130
Breeder

Quote:
Are you telling me that I can not assign a double click on TCP to a custom action (e.g. Load track from template)?
Yes, REAPER doesn't have this option in mouse modifiers.

You can set default track options in Preferences->Project->Track/Send Defaults

I would personally not have to use custom track templates if REAPER at least allowed setting default IN-FX chain. I use track templates so they load a small in-fx JS script that handles MIDI retrospective record. If you do not use MIDI retrospective record, it's really not relevant which way you load tracks as long as you set your preferences right.
Old 01-04-2020, 01:29 PM   #131
Pashkuli
Banned

Now, there is this really cosmetic problem I see every time (I know it is just one or two pixels, but it drives me nuts!)

So, this is from the Inspector screenset. The theme is either the Default_6 from Reaper ReWorked or the WT's original Default_6 (WT = White Tie). I sue portable Install so prob ReWorked had it overwritten...

Is there an easy way to fix this (if it is related to some Track visual state)? Or do I have to replace it with the original WT's one?

Last edited by Pashkuli; 01-04-2020 at 01:37 PM.
Old 01-04-2020, 01:36 PM   #132
Pashkuli
Banned

Quote:
You can set default track options in Preferences->Project->Track/Send Defaults
Can't see anything related to toggle enable/disable Automatic rec-arm for new Tracks...

Quote:
I use track templates so they load a small in-fx JS script that handles MIDI retrospective record.
This is some advanced sh¡t... in-fx... retrospective. I do not speak that language.
Old 01-04-2020, 01:44 PM   #133
Breeder

Quote:
Now, there is this really cosmetic problem I see every time (I know it is just one or two pixels, but it drives me nuts!)

So, this is from the Inspector screenset. The theme is either the Default_6 from Reaper ReWorked or the WT's original Default_6 (WT = White Tie). I sue portable Install so prob ReWorked had it overwritten...

Is there an easy way to fix this (if it is related to some Track visual state)? Or do I have to replace it with the original WT's one?

Try downloading the update/installation and copy just the theme - I think I actually fixed this at some point, like a day after publishing the last update but I forgot to mark it as a new version. I also recommend you disable DPI scaling cause there seems to be problems with that. I've disabled it in the installation just yesterday. You can do it in Preferences:

I can't seem to make REAPER use high DPI versions of MCP layouts (but TCP layouts work just fine) and I also would need to recreate high DPI version of toolbar buttons, all 200 of them - that's a big job and I'm sorry to say I won't be doing this until I sell more licences (I would love to be able to pay some theme designer to do it cause I'm not a real graphics designer, I just dabbled a bit to create buttons that I needed for this)

I asked for help here but no answer from either WT or Cockos:
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....43#post2222643

Quote:
Can't see anything related to toggle enable/disable Automatic rec-arm for new Tracks...

Last edited by Breeder; 01-04-2020 at 01:53 PM.
Old 01-04-2020, 02:01 PM   #134
Breeder

Quote:
This is some advanced sh¡t... in-fx... retrospective. I do not speak that language.
It records any MIDI in the background so if you improvised and didn't hit record, you can still get what you've played
Old 01-04-2020, 02:24 PM   #135
Pashkuli
Banned

Quote:
It records any MIDI in the background so if you improvised and didn't hit record, you can still get what you've played.
Oh, that's neat! Thanks for the explanation.

Well, who would have thought that this text field is a drop-down menu. Needs a ▼ icon on the right. Thanks for this also!
Old 01-04-2020, 03:12 PM   #136
Pashkuli
Banned

There are no Deafult_5 nor Deafult_6 theme in the current (today and v1.355) state of ReWorked. I just downloaded it.
So, it is probably the original theme that is slightly misaligned on that mixer track backjground or whatever (overlay )image it is.
Old 01-04-2020, 03:15 PM   #137
Breeder

Quote:
There are no Deafult_5 nor Deafult_6 theme in the current (today and v1.355) state of ReWorked. I just downloaded it.
So, it is probably the original theme that is slightly misaligned on that mixer track backjground or whatever (overlay )image it is.
Just copy the whole ColorThemes folder and see if it works. REAPER ReWorked version of the default 6 is called 'REAPER ReWorked - Moon.ReaperThemeZip'
Old 01-04-2020, 03:24 PM   #138
Pashkuli
Banned

You are right. It is related to the HiDPI options.
The problem is I need HiDPI because my monitor is such.

So it is a problem of the scaling... pity.

* I deleted the ReWorked themes (and the original one works and scales properly, but it's got a different layout for the Inspector and the rest screensets probably). Oh, well... guess I will have to figure it out now for myself.

Last edited by Pashkuli; 01-04-2020 at 03:29 PM.
Old 01-04-2020, 03:57 PM   #139
Breeder

Quote:
You are right. It is related to the HiDPI options.
The problem is I need HiDPI because my monitor is such.

So it is a problem of the scaling... pity.

* I deleted the ReWorked themes (and the original one works and scales properly, but it's got a different layout for the Inspector and the rest screensets probably). Oh, well... guess I will have to figure it out now for myself.
Yes, DPI has threw me out of balance too...it was quite an unexpected change when v6 came out.

There is no any real documentation on DPI scaling, but I thought that dpi translation thing in WALTER code would work, but it doesn't. I've tried everything I could and I think I've coded WALTER properly so I can't understand why it's not working :/

High DPI layouts are there in my version of the default 6 theme, but I just can't make REAPER use them automatically :/

Toolbar buttons are whole another matter and to fix them, I would need to recreate all the 200 toolbar buttons two times to support all DPI sizes, that's a big job :/

Last edited by Breeder; 01-04-2020 at 04:25 PM.
Old 01-04-2020, 07:02 PM   #140
Pashkuli
Banned

Still devs do not want to go vector. Such a shame...
I would love my GTX1080 to do some GUI stuff (why not some DSP as well?!).

Or why not even some basic 3D (game-like UI) with Top orthographic view on the TCP, MCP and layouts.

But vector would be nice. FL Studio, BitWig, some plugins went vector GUI (and FL Studio looks lit as a Christmas tree, although I do not like its workflow).
Old 01-04-2020, 07:35 PM   #141
Breeder

Quote:
Still devs do not want to go vector. Such a shame...
I would love my GTX1080 to do some GUI stuff (why not some DSP as well?!).

Or why not even some basic 3D (game-like UI) with Top orthographic view on the TCP, MCP and layouts.

But vector would be nice. FL Studio, BitWig, some plugins went vector GUI (and FL Studio looks lit as a Christmas tree, although I do not like its workflow).
FL studio IMHO has the best looks out of all the DAWs with Cubase being the close second. I really like that Christmas tree look, helps a tons to keep things neat. Thankfully, I'm happy with how REAPER 6 looks - once you pick your track colors right it too can look like a Christmas tree!

Hopefully one day, REAPER too will support vector based graphics and GPU processing of the GUI. I think it's important to ask oneself if the thing you're using is working for you right now and use what works best. I personally stick with REAPER cause right now, I feel like I got everything I need in one program. I like that warm fuzzy feeling of everything just being there in case you ever need it. Looks are damn important, but functionality is where REAPER truly shines.

Last edited by Breeder; 01-04-2020 at 07:41 PM.
Old 01-12-2020, 12:08 AM   #142
Breeder

Updated to 1.361 (requires REAPER 6.03 or above)

Code:
v1.361 (January 11, 2020) (requires REAPER 6.03 or above)
  + Menus: Updated menus to reflect REAPER 6.03 changes

v1.359 (January 6, 2020) (requires REAPER 6.02 or above)
  + MIDI Editor: LFO tool now forwards space to REAPER to easily preview any changes
  + MIDI Editor: LFO tool now inserts new CC events instead of modifying existing events
  + Actions: More fixes to various zooming scripts that didn't work properly when zooming only envelope lanes

v1.358 (January 6, 2020) (requires REAPER 6.02 or above)
  + Actions: Fixed various zooming scripts that didn't work properly when zooming only envelope lanes

v1.357 (January 5, 2020) (requires REAPER 6.02 or above)
  + MIDI Editor: Make sure to forward space key to REAPER when using CC ramp events tool to easily preview any changes
  + MIDI Editor: Added JS mouse multi tool to menus and assigned a shortcut to it ('D')
I'm kinda busy so releasing this before official release hits the streets. Also, I see a lot of downloads and updates but not a lot of purchases and I don't want to pay for the website costs on my own so I moved everything to gumroad and the forum. Big thanks to those who have purchased and have helped me keep the website on for the past few months.
Old 01-12-2020, 03:31 AM   #143
mschnell

Quote:
Also, I see a lot of downloads and updates but not a lot of purchases
That is really sad (says somebody who uses Reaper in a very different way and hence never did a download).

It would really be a wonderful move if a "commercial" Reaper variant for a certain kind of users, with a decent price tag could offer them easy start and good support. I do hope you some day can develop an appropriate business model.

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 04:47 AM   #144
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
That is really sad (says somebody who uses Reaper in a very different way and hence never did a download).

It would really be a wonderful move if a "commercial" Reaper variant for a certain kind of users, with a decent price tag could offer them easy start and good support. I do hope you some day can develop an appropriate business model.

-Michael
I still believe REAPER ReWorked has a future, but I think it still needs to gain more momentum and until that happens I can't spend my own cash cause it is better invested elsewhere
Old 01-12-2020, 05:50 AM   #145
Pashkuli
Banned

I am now trying to understand the logic, workflow and tweaks Reaper provides and I have to admit it is not for the average user.

It requires some coding skills and basic understanding of how scripts work. To be honest, the average user does not have time for that.

I would love all those things to happen behind the scene.

Reaper ReWorked is a heavily customised version of Reaper and won't work for every one.
The extremely well organised menus are what drew me in this project. Everything else is subject to tweaking and re-customising... a lot. And I do not have time for that, because I like to record and make music.

The default Reaper state is good but it is extremely basic. This is understandable, because Reaper was not meant to be a GUI masterpiece, rather a functional masterpiece.

You can do anything with Reaper if you'd like to spend a lot of time understanding and tweak the gears of it.
Old 01-12-2020, 06:05 AM   #146
Breeder

Quote:
I am now trying to understand the logic, workflow and tweaks Reaper provides and I have to admit it is not for the average user.

It requires some coding skills and basic understanding of how scripts work. To be honest, the average user does not have time for that.

I would love all those things to happen behind the scene.

Reaper ReWorked is a heavily customised version of Reaper and won't work for every one.
The extremely well organised menus are what drew me in this project. Everything else is subject to tweaking and re-customising... a lot. And I do not have time for that, because I like to record and make music.

The default Reaper state is good but it is extremely basic. This is understandable, because Reaper was not meant to be a GUI masterpiece, rather a functional masterpiece.

You can do anything with Reaper if you'd like to spend a lot of time understanding and tweak the gears of it.
Well, that was the reason I coded it in the first place But it seems there are so many use cases that it's hard to please everyone. My main goal was to create a DAW that will enable me to do MIDI exclusive music and so far it has proven quite good on my end. I'm in the middle of recording my first EP and after years of customizing REAPER I'm finally feeling free to express myself. My hope is that it also helps other people do the same. It's funny that after over 20 years DAWs are still not quite there yet. I mean, you get a guitar and you have it, right? You don't update it, you don't fix it, you simply use it to make music.
Old 01-12-2020, 02:30 PM   #147
ivansc

Sorry to see the financial side isn't working out, Breeder.

Hopefully this WILL eventually pick up.

All the best
Old 01-12-2020, 03:19 PM   #148
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
Sorry to see the financial side isn't working out, Breeder.

Hopefully this WILL eventually pick up.

All the best
Thanks!
When my EP hits the charts I'll probably just give away everything for free That would be in the spirit of REAPER anyway.
Old 01-12-2020, 03:44 PM   #149
mschnell

Quote:
it is not for the average user.
The set of users is a multidimensional manifold, so I doubt that something like an "average user" exists.

-Michael
Old 01-13-2020, 03:20 AM   #150
Pashkuli
Banned

Average users are those who need DAWs to record and mix, knowing absolutely nothing about scripts, coding. People who love "drag'n'drop \ copy-paste".

Average is also the vast majority of individuals interested in producing music with access to the Internet.
Average are not medium skill level users. They are more likely beginners.
Old 01-13-2020, 12:29 PM   #151
mschnell

Seems you describe ignorant instead of average.

I doubt that this is helpful regarding Reaper customers, that rather fast leave the state of ignorance.

-Michael
Old 01-13-2020, 01:20 PM   #152
Pashkuli
Banned

Well, if we have to take ignorance into account then the average user level is actually below the "normal" average.

I can give examples with my recent attempts to make Screensets. And I can not even pass beyond that to lеt's say go into Track Layouts.

To make it more feasible to understand what I mean, Reaper is like a very powerful game engine, which opens up to the average gamer, when the latter had the game installed and the user is ready to play.

Last edited by Pashkuli; 01-14-2020 at 07:29 AM.
Old 01-14-2020, 02:53 AM   #153
Randolph

Default What does this do for the user

I have custom menus and custom short cuts set up will this destroy them.

Thanks for your input.
Randolph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 06:06 AM   #154
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randolph View Post
I have custom menus and custom short cuts set up will this destroy them.

Thanks for your input.
Kinda - you can import your shortcuts afterwards and see how it works. Menus are filled with custom scripts and many shortcuts are assigned to those custom scripts that fix many small but irritating REAPER omissions in default actions et...so you might not see your shortcuts in the menus. Generally, reaper reworked is useless without its menus - everything is built around them and currently there's no way to combine your existing menu configuration with its default menus.

To try, just install portable installation, copy over your reaper resource folder into it, export your shortcuts, install reaper reworked in that portable installation folder, import your shortcuts and see how it behaves.
Old 02-01-2020, 06:00 AM   #155
Stirner

Sorry to bother you again.

I started Reaper directly with Reworked. Everything works fine and I'm happy with it. I changed many shortcuts and cleaned menues, because of too many things that I don't need and now Reworked updates are a no go because they override my settings. I would be happy to stay updated, but I understand that this is the concept of Reworked. If customization was possible with Reworked it would be great - something like first install the update then restoring your settings.

I have only one problem now and this is very very slow MIDI editor - for example when selecting large number of notes, but it's generally very slow. I think there are some scripts that are running in background. It can't be standard Reaper performance because all other windows are fast and responsive. Only the MIDI editor is laggy. I didn't install additional scripts for MIDI, I think, only some scripts for other windows. Is it normal for Reworked to have a slow MIDI editor? Is it possible to see a list of installed/running scripts and deactivating them for debugging?
Stirner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 07:30 AM   #156
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirner View Post
I think there are some scripts that are running in background.
Are there really scripts at work?

While scripts are excellent for rather simple user-specific stuff, IMHO a Reaper Extension (see SWS) is necessary to allow for really complex enhancement of the basic software.

-Michael
Old 02-02-2020, 01:41 PM   #157
Breeder

Quote:
Sorry to bother you again.

I started Reaper directly with Reworked. Everything works fine and I'm happy with it. I changed many shortcuts and cleaned menues, because of too many things that I don't need and now Reworked updates are a no go because they override my settings. I would be happy to stay updated, but I understand that this is the concept of Reworked. If customization was possible with Reworked it would be great - something like first install the update then restoring your settings.

I have only one problem now and this is very very slow MIDI editor - for example when selecting large number of notes, but it's generally very slow. I think there are some scripts that are running in background. It can't be standard Reaper performance because all other windows are fast and responsive. Only the MIDI editor is laggy. I didn't install additional scripts for MIDI, I think, only some scripts for other windows. Is it normal for Reworked to have a slow MIDI editor? Is it possible to see a list of installed/running scripts and deactivating them for debugging?
There aren't any scripts running in the background that affect the MIDI editor. I do remember that while ripple edit is turned on, some actions appeared a bit slowish on midi material with many notes, but generally, I do not really believe anything could affect this in the default configuration. What is slow? Just the mouse editing in midi editor or actions or what?
Old 02-02-2020, 11:33 PM   #158
Stirner

Quote:
There aren't any scripts running in the background that affect the MIDI editor. I do remember that while ripple edit is turned on, some actions appeared a bit slowish on midi material with many notes, but generally, I do not really believe anything could affect this in the default configuration. What is slow? Just the mouse editing in midi editor or actions or what?
Selecting all notes in the MIDI editor takes several seconds . All actions with selected notest like moving them or wating for the context menu takes very long too.
Also when the MIDI editor is open and is laggy, the FX window gets slow too. Closing the MIDI editor makes the FX window fast again.
Ripple edit is turned off, but I will play with it and will also try turning on/off other functions.
Old 02-03-2020, 06:11 AM   #159
Breeder

Quote:
Selecting all notes in the MIDI editor takes several seconds . All actions with selected notest like moving them or wating for the context menu takes very long too.
Also when the MIDI editor is open and is laggy, the FX window gets slow too. Closing the MIDI editor makes the FX window fast again.
Ripple edit is turned off, but I will play with it and will also try turning on/off other functions.
You didn't specify if midi editor is slow in general when using mouse or when using specific actions. But I presume that because fx window gets slow and laggy it means midi editor is slow and laggy all the time. When that happens, check running scripts (this is in the menus but because it's sort of broken, you will have to add it manually, check the rest of this post) and see what's running in the background.

Because REAPER has a bug here, you can't use "recent actions" in any other menu that the Main actions menus. So go to customize menus, select main actions (currently used as 'Arrange') and add "show recent actions" menu entry from the right-hand side of the customize menus dialog. And then check what's running in the background when the slow-down happens.

Last edited by Breeder; 02-03-2020 at 06:24 AM.
Old 02-03-2020, 11:25 PM   #160
Stirner

Quote:
You didn't specify if midi editor is slow in general when using mouse or when using specific actions. But I presume that because fx window gets slow and laggy it means midi editor is slow and laggy all the time. When that happens, check running scripts (this is in the menus but because it's sort of broken, you will have to add it manually, check the rest of this post) and see what's running in the background.

Because REAPER has a bug here, you can't use "recent actions" in any other menu that the Main actions menus. So go to customize menus, select main actions (currently used as 'Arrange') and add "show recent actions" menu entry from the right-hand side of the customize menus dialog. And then check what's running in the background when the slow-down happens.
Thank you! I tried to make moving GIF screenshott, but cannot reproduce it to record the screen.
I started a new project, dragged in a large MIDI from another project, duplicated the track with the MIDI clip, selected both of them and opened the MIDI editor - everything works fast.
Than I opened some older project where I have this problem, opened the MIDI editor, selected some notes and it was very slow from the start. Everything was affected. For example the Reaper main menu - if you hover the mouse over the menu than the color changes (immediately) and if you click on the selected item the submenue is immediately expanded. With MIDI editor opened, changing the color on hovering took ca. half second and after clicking on the submenu I had to wait until the submenu showes, not a whole second I think, but defintely not immediately. Selecting all MIDI notes and calling the submenu in the MIDI editor took more than 3-4 seconds.
In the recent actions there was nothing special. Last action was something like "moved edit cursor" and it didn't change.
Than I wanted to record the screen, to have some proof, and closed the MIDI editor. Everything was fast again. I opened the MIDI editor and it was still fast. I tried different things but could not reproduce this slow behaviour any more I reloaded other projects and tried different things and could not reproduce it. After an hour or so working this behaviour came again in another project, but after closing and reopening the MIDI editor the performance was fine again.
I hope I found a workaround for this problem. If reopening the MIDI editor really helps, than it's fine with me.